Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Review: Evil In Heaven - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Review: Evil In Heaven (223 Views)

“My Story As Ashawo” Repented Prostitute Exposes The Real Evil In The Business / Virginity Doesn't Guarantee Heaven - Daddy Freeze Says After Virgin Girl Bragged / "Masturbation Is More Evil Than Fornication" - Man Lists Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Review: Evil In Heaven by detectivejones: 11:13am On Dec 19, 2022
I was going through threads two days ago and stumbled on a post by @eneazi on a just published book. The title was intriguing as well as scary so I headed to Amazon and bought a copy.

Title: Evil In Heaven

Author: Ene Unazi

Setting:

The city of Abuja. The writer paints a beautiful picture of the city, its plush restaurants and some parts of its ghettos.

Theme:

Betrayal ( this was a means to an end) Greed, justice, Sexual/Domestic Violence and Hope.

Plot:
A young girl was repeatedly abused from childhood to adulthood by her step father a Bishop who the world see as infallible and owns one of the largest church in Nigeria. The girl murders him and the entire world calls for her head. She is represented by an amateur lawyer who'd have to go against a group of dangerous church cabal and its lawyer who would do anything and even kill to hide the story about the abuse.

Review:

To be honest this is different from the love and sex stories every author tries to sell these days. The book is full of action and suspense.

The words are well crafted and understood.

The court scenes that takes up major parts of the book are intriguing, educating, full of drama, twist and suspense that will keep you flipping or scrolling through the pages because you never know what will happen next.

One thing I love about the book is its education on sexual abuse, its aftermaths and how victim struggle. Secondly, the writer also made us understand how male victims suffer also as a result of sexual/ domestic violence and the zero care from society and law about male victims

One thing I love is when writers and artist recognize Nigerian brands, and this book did a fine job and even mentioned some big players in the Nigeria legal circle.

If you're a fan of crime stories with characters and events that seem they actually exist, this is your go.

The way she portrayed Okoye was exceptional, he totally represents how corruption crawls in our system at every level and how far people will go just for money and fame.

The Church cabal as well shows that behind the 'amens and I receives,' are people who care for just their pockets.

PS: if you're one of those who see your daddies GOs as infallible and second to God, you might have a tad bit problem with this beautiful piece because the writer portrayed them as mare men who are capable of doing anything.

Rating:

9 /10

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BPQYB6QZ

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Black Adam Is A Comrade, He Replied Force Is Always Necessary To Hawkman. / The Best Relationship Advice No One Ever Told You? / Age Has Nothing To Do With Wisdom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.