Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,042 members, 7,810,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) (26119 Views)

Lagos Light Rail: Pictures Of Marina Train Station Under Construction / Interior Pictures Of The Trains To Be Used For The Lagos Light Rail / The True State Of Lagos Light Rail Marina Axis - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by Ttalk: 10:34am On Dec 20, 2022
es144000:
This rail project is Fasholas , he started it, took loans and the present governor completed it.

Some posts don't deserve a response but I'll reply thus to clear up your ignorance. How do you own a multinational company without establishing one? You have to register your company for it to gain local and international acceptance. The day LAMATA was created was the beginning of the transformation of the transportation system in Lagos state. Not only that but other agencies like LIRS, LASTMA, LAWMA, etc.

Stop being ignorant, governance is a continuum and we are only appreciating Tinubu for his visionary leadership and exemplary courage in birthing that institution,

2 Likes

Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by Ttalk: 10:41am On Dec 20, 2022
Lilcyp046:

Shut that useless mouth up..
This Lagos is not lagosing.
There's nothing that is okay here.
Everything is Just messed up.
Road na die.
Schools na die

Then relocate to Sudan

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by OLACROFT(m): 10:43am On Dec 20, 2022
Very true !
Lovetoglory:
oga even if they should bring the train that was built today, you will still complain. Ungrateful fellow

1 Like

Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by Ttalk: 10:47am On Dec 20, 2022
Bossmafia:

You are very stupid...... why are other states he imposed governor not doing well. lagos seem to be thriving based on existing federal stuctures. where is the low cost housing, free medical health care and agricultural revolution.

Which one did you governor built. You will only die of hatred, cursed child from a cursed home

3 Likes

Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by Bossmafia(m): 10:56am On Dec 20, 2022
Ttalk:

Which one did you governor built. You will only die of hatred, cursed child from a cursed home

I dont blame you. your next meal is not guaranteed without this corrupt and evil government.
oloriburuku eda!
Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by Skty: 10:57am On Dec 20, 2022
Mandate2023:

It is more foolish and stupid of u not to know that lagos state is oil producing state too....and so far ondo is SW what's ur business with what's being sheared from it to lagos

Moreover lagos is getting nothing from oil money as the IGR FG generate from lagos alone is 100% more than what lagos is getting back idiot

U r so envious of lagos state development that u think its being developed with oil money while the niger delta state getting derivatives can't show anything as development

I don't engage with yourabas who insult people. U would have made sense but with the insults pls Bleep off..don't come to my mention if u can't discuss without insulting the usual way sophisticated mumus behave
Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by Skty: 11:05am On Dec 20, 2022
Bigchristo:
Guy shut up that your mouth, go and check allocation Delta receive almost same with Lagos, I am from Delta state and I know there hasn’t been any meaningful development upon all the money the government is receiving blame to it to your state government

You can never be from Delta. Ask your Mom to tell you the truth. I can bet my last dime. It's the character of Yorubas u displayed.they insult unnecessarily. If u win them in a discuss, they reign abuses. A true Delta man will never insult u when engaging u. Never ever. ? I know wetin I de talk, ask ur Mom well and thank me later
Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by khazeem(m): 11:06am On Dec 20, 2022
First off, it’s a exowas project that has been pains for years ago… Theo project has been going on for like 15 years …. As far as I am concerned it’s a failure… for you to complete just a phase for 15 years ….before you come for me I stay on that route!!
Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by Pascal9: 11:10am On Dec 20, 2022
Ttalk:
When you tell them about the role played by Tinubu, they will downplay it and say it doesn't matter.

They said raising IGR is nothing but hogwash, to them, IGR means nothing and should not be used as a yardstick to measure the performance of a governor.

This makes me wonder why everyman including Tinubus critics strives to grow their income. Every worker wants a pay rise, and a businessman wants a higher profit, but Tinubus critics say IGR doesn't reflect in the standard or the people.

How do you raise your standard of living if you can't generate enough income to meet your needs?

They are so delusional and fancies the feeding bottle arrangement where every state depends on the FG to meet its needs. No wonder their forefathers were the ones that truncated regional autonomy while the children keep maintaining it.

How do you rationalize people that are against the state's collection of VAT?

Now we are seeing the wonders that a high IGR can do for a state. Today, Lagos is setting another record in sub-Saharan Africa by modernizing its transport system.

Let other states increase their IGR so they can embark on transformational projects, I'm sick and tired of people defending mediocre when they should be talking, a state like Anambra should be on the course if the foundation laid by Chris Ngige to generate income for the state have been kept by the subsequent governors, today, Anambra has dropped on that ladder and it would take the state 7years budget to do what Lagos will do in a year with its budget of 1.7 trillion.

Let's all charge our state governors to perform and stop celebrating mediocrity.

If Tinubu has done it in Lagos, he will do it again at the federal level.

Vote Bola Ahmed Tinubu,
13km railway took those thief's in Lagos 25yrl to complete, tufiakwa
Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by Bigchristo: 11:31am On Dec 20, 2022
Skty:

You can never be from Delta. Ask your Mom to tell you the truth. I can bet my last dime. It's the character of Yorubas u displayed.they insult unnecessarily. If u win them in a discuss, they reign abuses. A true Delta man will never insult u when engaging u. Never ever. ? I know wetin I de talk, ask ur Mom well and thank me later
You don’t have brain to think, you wouldn’t have been thinking maybe they use Delta oil money to build blue light rail in Lagos them forbid Delta state government from building good infrastructure and make their state develop? You celebrate corrupt leaders who embezzles money without a notable project to show for it, tell me what have Governor Okowa done in Delta state since being in power going to 8yrs you supposed to be ashamed of yourself we are discussing functionalities of government you’re talking about how individual tribe behaves, you lack sense in that area because I told you to keep quiet for showing your ignorance check below each states and their allocations and tell me why is your governor not working in delta state, if you want to argue politics be very constructive and stop showing your ignorance, lastly I am Born in Ole Delta state, my father is from Agbarator and my mom is from Emevor I am a full born delta indigene.

I am not in anyway connected to Yoruba or belongs to any political party that run Lagos but let’s speak the truth Lagos state government regardless of political affiliation they’ve done well for their state and we must recognize and emulate such in the 36 states across Nigeria, if all state have link light rail and railway lines transportation will be faster and easier to access have you thought about it? I work and reside in Abu Dhabi I know the kind of development going on here, maybe you also need to travel and see for yourself how things are done abroad instead of trying to defend or celebrate corrupt leaders

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by Fearyourcreator: 11:45am On Dec 20, 2022
Litmus:

The mentality baffles me also. As a Deltan, and due to my circumstances, I am unlikely to ever live in Kaduna, Anambra, Lagos, or even Nigeria again but the negetive and positive things that happen in these places infuriate or pleases me because I'm a Nigerian. I avidly search for progressive articles on Millennium city development in Abuja, Eko Atlantic and the transport revolution taking place in Lagos; i was constantly searching for updates on the second Niger bridge although I am unlikely to ever use it; I'm continually searching for info on the power situation in Nigeria, the airports being built or planned by the different states; the docks, the space industry, the railways, the military and police, the state of education system, health, the Fintech industry and so on.

If you are Nigerian, you should be pleased and proud about development and progress anywhere in Nigeria. Sure, I want Delta State to be the most developed and progressive place in Nigeria but not by wishing other states to fail.

We need to approach Opposition Politics differently in Nigeria, right now it's very damaging and counter productive to the aim of improving and developing the Nation.

For those unfamiliar with the term Opposition Politics: Opposition Politics is the politics, art, ecosystem of being the opposition to the government, party or group in political control of a city, region, state, country or other political body.
Just imagine... Someone that is not even here ... In Just tire for people here

1 Like

Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by Schrodinger2(m): 12:00pm On Dec 20, 2022
Adaorababy:
As much as I'm Obidient, this feat is highly commendable. Congratulations to Lagos State Govt and a bigger congratulations to the people of Lagos State

Good one from you. It's far better you vote Tinubu. He has the experience of good governance, than others. Tinubu is the best of them. Do not let tribalism becloud your reasoning by voting your fellow Igbo.

1 Like

Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by Oluwademilade: 2:04pm On Dec 20, 2022
Omuuvwie:
Ancient train that is used in the 21st century

Electric train is ancient? I give up on you

1 Like

Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by Skty: 2:50pm On Dec 20, 2022
Bigchristo:
You don’t have brain to think, you wouldn’t have been thinking maybe they use Delta oil money to build blue light rail in Lagos them forbid Delta state government from building good infrastructure and make their state develop? You celebrate corrupt leaders who embezzles money without a notable project to show for it, tell me what have Governor Okowa done in Delta state since being in power going to 8yrs you supposed to be ashamed of yourself we are discussing functionalities of government you’re talking about how individual tribe behaves, you lack sense in that area because I told you to keep quiet for showing your ignorance check below each states and their allocations and tell me why is your governor not working in delta state, if you want to argue politics be very constructive and stop showing your ignorance, lastly I am Born in Ole Delta state, my father is from Agbarator and my mom is from Emevor I am a full born delta indigene.

I am not in anyway connected to Yoruba or belongs to any political party that run Lagos but let’s speak the truth Lagos state government regardless of political affiliation they’ve done well for their state and we must recognize and emulate such in the 36 states across Nigeria, if all state have link light rail and railway lines transportation will be faster and easier to access have you thought about it? I work and reside in Abu Dhabi I know the kind of development going on here, maybe you also need to travel and see for yourself how things are done abroad instead of trying to defend or celebrate corrupt leaders

That insult thing has eaten into you deeply. No way u are Deltan. I know what I'm saying. Insulting is not in our DNA. U have good points but u mar it with insults and abuses. Naaaaaa, u don't reside in Dubai. If u do,u will be polite. I lived in the UK for sometime. One thing I learnt from them is politeness. U lack that.

NB
If na for insult u nor go fit win me o. My mouth is FFK, Dino n Keyamo combined. My vawulence n wotowoto nor be here. But I like to be civil. Ur epistle is pointless with the abuses.
Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by es144000: 3:04pm On Dec 20, 2022
Ttalk:

Some posts don't deserve a response but I'll reply thus to clear up your ignorance. How do you own a multinational company without establishing one? You have to register your company for it to gain local and international acceptance. The day LAMATA was created was the beginning of the transformation of the transportation system in Lagos state. Not only that but other agencies like LIRS, LASTMA, LAWMA, etc.

Stop being ignorant, governance is a continuum and we are only appreciating Tinubu for his visionary leadership and exemplary courage in birthing that institution,
You stop being ignorant and stop deceiving the younger ones that don't know the truth.
Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by Bigchristo: 3:09pm On Dec 20, 2022
Skty:

That insult thing has eaten into you deeply. No way u are Deltan. I know what I'm saying. Insulting is not in our DNA. U have good points but u mar it with insults and abuses. Naaaaaa, u don't reside in Dubai. If u do,u will be polite. I lived in the UK for sometime. One thing I learnt from them is politeness. U lack that.

NB
If na for insult u nor go fit win me o. My mouth is FFK, Dino n Keyamo combined. My vawulence n wotowoto nor be here. But I like to be civil. Ur epistle is pointless with the abuses.
If you actually lived in the UK as claimed without having an awareness or be more civilized then you just choose to be senseless human being grin grin you can keep arguing with your ancestors, nor be you born me n I don’t think you’re a delta person because we deltans dey think wisely we nor dey carry last, see eh if you do finish talking nonsense swallow your pride n ask your parents to show you exactly where you originated from i can belt my balls that you have other root

1 Like

Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by occam(m): 3:13pm On Dec 20, 2022
tonyson010:

Lagos has been the capital of Nigeria for more years than Abuja and still the economic hub of the country. no state can compare with it.

the truth is that the current Lagos has been underdeveloped in terms of where it should have been if it had exceptional leaders.

only island stand elegant.

True but billions of $ was spent to develop Abuja while Lagos was completely abandoned by FG. No significant FG infrastructure spending for over 37 years (when capital moved to Abuja). All the infrastructure developed by FG then have since decayed. Some have been rehabilitated starting the Tinubu era till date.

So the IGR template developed by Tinubu generated funds that led to renewal of Lagos. Without that fund Lagos may still be a derelict state like others in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by Thisis2raw(m): 3:34pm On Dec 20, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:
your English get K leg

You be olodo like the third class Obi you're running after up and down

Shame on you
at least I go school, compare to complete illiterate like you. F00L
Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by sunboy(m): 4:17pm On Dec 20, 2022
Omuuvwie:
Ancient train that is used in the 21st century

Really? Tell us how that’s ancient
What countries have the non-ancient trains? Want to educate us ??

Since you people come online to type whatever that comes to mind.

1 Like

Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by caracas: 4:49pm On Dec 20, 2022
Ttalk:
When you tell them about the role played by Tinubu, they will downplay it and say it doesn't matter.

They said raising IGR is nothing but hogwash, to them, IGR means nothing and should not be used as a yardstick to measure the performance of a governor.

This makes me wonder why everyman including Tinubus critics strives to grow their income. Every worker wants a pay rise, and a businessman wants a higher profit, but Tinubus critics say IGR doesn't reflect in the standard or the people.

How do you raise your standard of living if you can't generate enough income to meet your needs?

They are so delusional and fancies the feeding bottle arrangement where every state depends on the FG to meet its needs. No wonder their forefathers were the ones that truncated regional autonomy while the children keep maintaining it.

Now we are seeing the wonders that a high IGR can do for a state. Today, Lagos is setting another record in sub-Saharan Africa by modernizing its transport system.

Let other states increase their IGR so they can embark on transformational projects, I'm sick and tired of people defending mediocre when they should be talking, a state like Anambra should be on the course if the foundation laid by Chris Ngige to generate income for the state have been kept by the subsequent governors, today, Anambra has dropped on that ladder and it would take the state 7years budget to do what Lagos will do in a year with its budget of 1.7 trillion.

Let's all charge our state governors to perform and stop celebrating mediocrity.

Vote Bola Ahmed Tinubu,
You’re very senseless with this your stewpid write up
How has increase in Igr of lagos state improved your life? This four years of sanwo olu has been bedeviled by untold hardship on lagoians.Transportation costs keeps increasing, employers keep laying off workers, reduction of salaries or salary delays everywhere, most ppl’s take home can hardly take care of their basic needs, bad roads everywhere, traffic jam everywhere, high cost of living etc
So pray tell, how the increase in the igr of Lagos has affected the ppl positively…..
Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by omonnakoda: 4:51pm On Dec 20, 2022
Mandate2023:

The money FG generate in revenue in lagos if only lagos state gets 25% from it that's enough.......what's is lagos getter from d federal purse......lagos has been developing b4 the discovery of oil, Awolowo developed ibadan with cocoa money

Its foolish to think everything is Niger delta money when lagos it self have oil and there's oil in ondo with is part of niger delta.........

https://www.nairaland.com/4144976/lagos-1898before-nigeria-not-oil/1
Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by adefitim(m): 4:56pm On Dec 20, 2022
If you know how much Dem Dey envy Lagos ehn!

How Dey wish it is located In their own region but .......
Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by caracas: 5:00pm On Dec 20, 2022
occam:

True but billions of $ was spent to develop Abuja while Lagos was completely abandoned by FG. No significant FG infrastructure spending for over 37 years (when capital moved to Abuja). All the infrastructure developed by FG then have since decayed. Some have been rehabilitated starting the Tinubu era till date.

So the IGR template developed by Tinubu generated funds that led to renewal of Lagos. Without that fund Lagos may still be a derelict state like others in Nigeria

You’re a bloody liar,
I was born n brought up in Lagos so don’t tell me shit about Lagos.
If Lagos had continued with the pace it was moving at during the marwa era it would have developed more than this.
Why would you say Lagos was abandoned by the fg? Have they not been collecting their monthly allocations?Do you even know that the Lagos monthly allocation is one of the highest?what infrastructure, built by the o Lagos state government
can stand structures like the 3rd mainland bridge?the seaport? Airport?etc
Tinubu n his cohorts did nothing special rather they underdeveloped Lagos given its huge federal allocation federal presence n federal advantages
Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by caracas: 5:08pm On Dec 20, 2022
Ttalk:

See how this one is contradicting himself while shooting himself in the leg…
You say government is a continuum yet you praise tinubu for projects n developments done by his successors. Why? How come you ppl do not praise Jonathan for projects done by buhari? Or praise buba marwa for projects done by tinubu?
You ppl’s double standards stinks to hell
Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by omonnakoda: 5:15pm On Dec 20, 2022
caracas:

You’re a bloody liar,
I was born n brought up in Lagos so don’t tell me shit about Lagos.
If Lagos had continued with the pace it was moving at during the marwa era it would have developed more than this.
Why would you say Lagos was abandoned by the fg? Have they not been collecting their monthly allocations?Do you even know that the Lagos monthly allocation is one of the highest?what infrastructure, built by the o Lagos state government
can stand structures like the 3rd mainland bridge?the seaport? Airport?etc
Tinubu n his cohorts did nothing special rather they underdeveloped Lagos given its huge federal allocation federal presence n federal advantages
What did Marwa do in Lagos State? What is his legacy project?
Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by Skty: 7:48pm On Dec 20, 2022
Bigchristo:
If you actually lived in the UK as claimed without having an awareness or be more civilized then you just choose to be senseless human being grin grin you can keep arguing with your ancestors, nor be you born me n I don’t think you’re a delta person because we deltans dey think wisely we nor dey carry last, see eh if you do finish talking nonsense swallow your pride n ask your parents to show you exactly where you originated from i can belt my balls that you have other root

Lol ..u even stole my line...lol ..so me sef nor be Deltan too? U ain't living in Dubai but Diobu in Ph. Who dash u Dubai. ?.and u were having a conversation insulting others. If u notice, I didnt stoop to ur level of insult. I only doubted ur identity. Na Yoruba de insult. Delta nor de insult. Can't u see how Tinubu de campaign? Only to insult others. Ask mumsi Wella, she fit confess... Deltans engage u intelligently; Yorubas insult u foolishly
Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by NigeriaIsGreat: 7:51pm On Dec 20, 2022
Thisis2raw:
at least I go school, compare to complete illiterate like you. F00L
Hahahaha

Na back of school you go Chinedu

You be big time olodo like your pitiobi a known 3rd class graduate

What a shame
Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by Bigchristo: 8:00pm On Dec 20, 2022
Skty:

Lol ..u even stole my line...lol ..so me sef nor be Deltan too? U ain't living in Dubai but Diobu in Ph. Who dash u Dubai. ?.and u were having a conversation insulting others. If u notice, I didnt stoop to ur level of insult. I only doubted ur identity. Na Yoruba de insult. Delta nor de insult. Can't u see how Tinubu de campaign? Only to insult others. Ask mumsi Wella, she fit confess... Deltans engage u intelligently; Yorubas insult u foolishly
You be mumu delta person that’s just the fact grin grin your first comment attract being wiped with Oraimo cord in the neck because you acted like stark illiterate, there’s no point in envying other state if your state government is failing you kindly channel your grievances to them instead of trying to make it look as if they stole the money in your state to develop Lagos that’s why I counter you with iron hand because such utterances sounds like jealousy

Na you know where you Dey stay oo but stop behaving like people living in trenches be wise Delta receive more allocation than Lagos yet they can not even do anything meaningful with it
Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by Amayabor1: 8:08pm On Dec 20, 2022
Ttalk:
[s]When you tell them about the role played by Tinubu, they will downplay it and say it doesn't matter.

Vote Bola Ahmed Tinubu[/s],

Nonsense as usual!
Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by Skty: 8:38pm On Dec 20, 2022
Bigchristo:
You be mumu delta person that’s just the fact grin grin your first comment attract being wiped with Oraimo cord in the neck because you acted like stark illiterate, there’s no point in envying other state if your state government is failing you kindly channel your grievances to them instead of trying to make it look as if they stole the money in your state to develop Lagos that’s why I counter you with iron hand because such utterances sounds like jealousy

Na you know where you Dey stay oo but stop behaving like people living in trenches be wise Delta receive more allocation than Lagos yet they can not even do anything meaningful with it

I de look you since o. Ogun de Kee you? Afonja..if u see fight now u go ja. U fit hold cord..?? Yoruba de fear fight nau.. I beg getat. Don't gaslight urself. Niger Delta money definitely de for Lagos development. Since the 60's Lagos was federal capital nau. So don't talk like Lagos jumped from the sky. Fake Delta guy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Top5 Things You Can Learn From The Hausa / Russia, Ukraine War: How Are Nigerians Living There Coping? / 21 Things To Know About The Proposed Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.