Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh (25084 Views)

Asisat Oshoala Is The Only African Woman To Score In 3 World Cups. / Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score In Five World Cups / 'i've Won 3 Trophies, What More Could I Do?' - Ronaldo Talks About Ballon D'or (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Fearyourcreator: 8:52pm On Dec 20, 2022
Masterviolence:

I agree pelé won three world cups
What else is he better than Messi in?
But I can count endless trophies that Messi won.
Bro this isn't even a debate at all.

Football greatness is not only at the international level.

Now we've moved from Ronaldo to pelé in the GOAT debate.
You all love messing the word GOAT... Its era... They all didn't play same time

1 Like

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by forgiveness: 8:52pm On Dec 20, 2022
iykofias:
Pele had some unaccounted goals because he played in so many exhibitions/tour matches around the world against amateur players that can be best described as ‘farmers’.
Yes, he won three World Cup, but that Brazilian team was filled with super talents, he sat out the large majority of the 1962 World Cup. something you can’t say about that Maradona or Messi team.

Sorry, Google didn't tell you he was injured in the group stage. Get your facts right next time.
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Fearyourcreator: 8:53pm On Dec 20, 2022
Segzy19:
All the people abusing Oliseh are indomie kids...
The earliest worldcup they really watched was korea-Japan 2022... If they watched France 98, they probably were toddlers then..

Oliseh has spoken with facts....
Personally rate Brazil ronaldo better than messi... He was the most destructive player I ever watch

1 Like

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Fearyourcreator: 8:54pm On Dec 20, 2022
Uchesis:
Pele never won the champions league. Messi is the GOAT abeg
What is UCL compared to WC... World Cup...
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by IfnobeGod20: 8:54pm On Dec 20, 2022
Nobody would want to spoil his own career. Oliseh just protecting his class of footballers and not less. In his inner mind he knows he's deceiving himself and never meant what he says.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Morphinne: 8:54pm On Dec 20, 2022
TMSMedia:
IGBERETV report

'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Sunday Oliseh

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmYusF_NOOm/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Indomie generation won’t understand

2 Likes

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Fearyourcreator: 8:54pm On Dec 20, 2022
blueAgent:
Rubbish, win 3 World cups with a star studded team.
When world cup was less competitive, Brazil and a few countries dominated it.
This generation a young Pele with this Brazilian squad would not get to 2 semi finals talkless of carrying 3 world cup.

Most blacks are sympathetic towards Pele been the GOAT
Na idiots played with messi

1 Like

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Fearyourcreator: 8:55pm On Dec 20, 2022
ogbonti:

no mind them - when Pele play ball - yellow card and red card no dey ooo na so defenders dey use jackie chan tactics march strikers join ground no lele - even in the early 80's when Maradona was shining he was beating like a thief on the field by defenders and he shone like a million stars too - now all that Ronaldo and Messi needs to do is dribble small and before breeze touch them na so them go fall yakata full ground - referee go come rescue dem - Pele and a greater part of Maradona's career did not enjoy that privilege yet they shone line a million stars - rabbish! angry
The players are more protected now... Then you can't last long before getting injured

2 Likes

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Fearyourcreator: 8:56pm On Dec 20, 2022
Jeezuzpick:

Yes o!

If they could wipe out Pelé's legacy from history, they would, because:

The G.O.A.T in soccer is black.

The G.O.A.T in Basketball is black.

The G.O.A.T in athletics is black.

The G.O.A.T in women's tennis is black.

The G.O.A.T in golf (one of the "whitest" sports) is BLACK!!

They can't stand it, so they start handing useless Ballons D'Or to White guys and stoopid Africans start salivating.

Hmmm
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by AImiron: 8:58pm On Dec 20, 2022
Jokerman:

Lol... bro... still on still

1. Pele
2. Maradona
3. Pessi (because of world cup)
4. Cr7 ( 2026 we are going back to 2)
5. Zidane
6. Delima (No UCL)
Mbappe better pass Pendu , if wishes were horse... Use this wan to console yourself lmao

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Fearyourcreator: 8:58pm On Dec 20, 2022
Bentonite1:

You sound like a f00L. SHAMEFUL. ARGENTINA STILL REGARD MARADONA AS THE GREATEST IN THEIR NATION AND NOT EVEN YOUR OVERRATED MESSI. WHEN HE'S ACKNOWLEDGED AS THE BEST IN HIS COUNTRY, WE CAN NOW TALK ABOUT WORLDWIDE
I saw that video it was maradonas big picture within the crowd... Maradona pele are first national treasure

1 Like

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Veezy4u(m): 8:59pm On Dec 20, 2022
Heffalump:
When I see Messi fans jubilating with all manner of fantasy, calling him GOAT with so much adulation and encomiums, as if he single handedly won the world cup for Argentina, I concluded that these people are myopic and jobless. Afterall, one shishi will not enter your pocket out of the millions in Messi's account. Some even went ahead to drag CR7, who is far richer than Messi as if they're doing Messi a great honor and favor.

When I see these people, I just laugh. The actual football GOAT is no one but the indomitable "KING PELE", not Ronaldo or Messi.
ok

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by henrydav: 9:00pm On Dec 20, 2022
Heffalump:
When I see Messi fans jubilating with all manner of fantasy, calling him GOAT with so much adulation and encomiums, as if he single handedly won the world cup for Argentina, I concluded that these people are myopic and jobless. Afterall, one shishi will not enter your pocket out of the millions in Messi's account. Some even went ahead to drag CR7, who is far richer than Messi as if they're doing Messi a great honor and favor.

When I see these people, I just laugh. The actual football GOAT is no one but the indomitable "KING PELE", not Ronaldo or Messi.
You go cry tire
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Emjace(m): 9:01pm On Dec 20, 2022
Pele was good, and great in his time, trust me football has evolved, let his greatness remain in that time, cos you cannot use his achievement to judge the present, we are in an era where football is not just any sport but one that is heavily competitive, the era of statical play where the best team can loss the match, era of VAR, where all goals are screened thoroughly, and goal line tech. era of team play, in those days one person fit carry ball dribble every body and score with only 16 countries that participated undecided, but now to score, is hard is not by playing , if messi is a G.O.A.T, in this era, then the present supercides the past, and the greatest of all time, football will be more difficult in 10years time, who ever rules the future (currently present) is king of them all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by nesphil(m): 9:01pm On Dec 20, 2022
What did Sunday Oliseh even win during his time grin grin grin

TMSMedia:
IGBERETV report

'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Sunday Oliseh

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmYusF_NOOm/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Bimpe29: 9:02pm On Dec 20, 2022
Oliseh is a pundit and he is entitled to his opinion which is considered valid and superior by several others.

3 Likes

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by IMPARTIAL: 9:02pm On Dec 20, 2022
Is it only Pele that played in those wins? Why are the ones that played along with him not named goats? For example Tastao.
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Karemarealty288(m): 9:04pm On Dec 20, 2022
MiaBeer:
And who opened the cage for Sunday Oliseh?

3 Likes

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by touchalex25: 9:08pm On Dec 20, 2022
Masterito:
See how Messi struggled to get one world cup and what it meant to him. Now imagine someone won 3 of the same cup.
how many teams were playing in the World Cup then. Did you watch any of pele’s games. Pele is an OG can’t argue with that but it’s harder to win the World Cup now than back then I think

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Masterviolence: 9:12pm On Dec 20, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

Are you a Ronaldo fan?
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by yinkeys(m): 9:13pm On Dec 20, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

When were you born?
The most competitive leagues are in Europe not South America or Africa
Usain bolt is faster than ancient runners
World Records are broken every year
Ask Tobi Amusan
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Hermes119: 9:15pm On Dec 20, 2022
The blame goes to those people who named Pele "player of the century" if not we won't be having all these useless arguments

Most of those who are screaming Pele up and down are pained pendu fans ,the rest are not fully informed.

You see before most of us started watching football we were sold the idea that Pele is the GOAT,bla bla bla and we believed it. But ask yourself what makes you so sure that Pele is as good as you picture in your head,because he won 3 world cups ?.
Well for a start he only played a key role in two, he was injured during the 1962 world cup and didn't contribute anything tangible. Brazil had a star studded squad for the 1970 word cup,even without Pele they were the strongest team. Now asides the world cup Pele didn't win the Copa America. He won only two south American continental trophies ; the Copa libertadores (akin to the UCL) can you compare that to what Messi has won. He played in an era when football was less competitive, no offside rule, less team's in competitions. Go to YouTube and watch clips of Pele and Messi and you will see that you can't place but players on the same level. Messi is far greater
I even rate Ronaldo ahead of Pele

Anyways for the sake of peace let's just say you can't compare apples and oranges, Pele was the best during his time while Messi is the best player in the 21st century

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Masterviolence: 9:17pm On Dec 20, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

So do you mean those pundit and football legends that are using the word GOAT are messing the word up?
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Fearyourcreator: 9:23pm On Dec 20, 2022
silverx:
So had Brazil squad of 1994, 1998 and 2002 had won the world cup in 1998 coupled with the one they won in 1994 and 2002 respectively, the entire team would have been adjudged the greatest players of all time. Mr Oliseh, please keep deceiving yourself. What ordinarily, we were expecting you to say is that since both Pele, maradona and messi/c.ronaldo all played in different era, he(MESSI) is the greatest player in his own Era. Mr Pele was that good, why didn't he try and play in Europe to atleast, win the uefa champions league.
He was declared a national treasure by Brazilian government when offers keeps coming for him... A was just too special ...
That's why football governing body rates him so high
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Fearyourcreator: 9:23pm On Dec 20, 2022
Anticrime77:
Make Pele go win champions league and 7 balon d or first
Pele is treasure...

1 Like

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Masterviolence: 9:23pm On Dec 20, 2022
Hermes119:
The blame goes to those people who named Pele "player of the century" if not we won't be having all these useless arguments

Most of those who are screaming Pele up and down are pained pendu fans ,the rest are not fully informed.

You see before most of us started watching football we were sold the idea that Pele is the GOAT,bla bla bla and we believed it. But ask yourself what makes you so sure that Pele is as good as you picture in your head,because he won 3 world cups ?.
Well for a start he only played a key role in two, he was injured during the 1962 world cup and didn't contribute anything tangible. Brazil had a star studded squad for the 1970 word cup,even without Pele they were the strongest team. Now asides the world cup Pele didn't win the Copa America. He won only two south American continental trophies ; the Copa libertadores (akin to the UCL) can you compare that to what Messi has won. He played in an era when football was less competitive, no offside rule, less team's in competitions. Go to YouTube and watch clips of Pele and Messi and you will see that you can't place but players on the same level. Messi is far greater
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by kuroben4real: 9:26pm On Dec 20, 2022
How is cr7 richer than Messi?
For your information, Messi is currently the richest athlete in the entire world now.
Heffalump:

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by MrBroke(m): 9:29pm On Dec 20, 2022
Heffalump:

Stop saying what you do not understand, life gets harder as it goes. Do you know how many offside goals he scored and spaces he had at that time Compared to now. YouTube is your friend. Watch pele, Maradona, Messi and may be C. Ronaldo and without sentiment you should see things clear

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Fearyourcreator: 9:30pm On Dec 20, 2022
Bentonite1:

Keep quiet. even in Argentina, Messi second after Maradona, don't even talk about worldwide. You think it's by scoring 5 penalties in 7 goals? lol even MBAPPE who was better and will always be knows it
Lolz
Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by yinkeys(m): 9:32pm On Dec 20, 2022
AImiron:
Mbappe better pass Pendu , if wishes were horse... Use this wan to console yourself lmao
If wishes were horses grin
Leo is the GOAT King grin

1 Like

Re: 'He Won 3 World Cups': Brazil's Pele Remains The Greatest Player Ever – Oliseh by Masterviolence: 9:32pm On Dec 20, 2022
Hermes119:

Anyways for the sake of peace let's just say you can't compare apples and oranges, Pele was the best during his time while Messi is the best player in the 21st century

Ronaldo's fans are the one bringing this argument up.
During pelé era, the world cup was less competitive compared to nowadays, and they where the best team at that time,with less rules.
It has been 52 years since pelé won his last world cup. And Brazil has only won it twice since then.

And Brazil won their last world cup 2 decades ago.

Pelé is great but cannot be compared to Lionel Messi.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ecuador Vs Senegal: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (1 - 2) On 29th Nov 2022 / Mbappe to leave on a free transfer, reach agreement with Real Madrid / Lionel Messi Wins 2019 UEFA Champions League Forward Of The Year Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.