Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,342 members, 7,822,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Afghanistan: Taliban Ban Women From University Education With Immediate Effect - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Afghanistan: Taliban Ban Women From University Education With Immediate Effect (28253 Views)

Afghanistan: Taliban Ban Women From Working In National & International NGOs / How We’ll Govern Afghanistan – Taliban / US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Afghanistan: Taliban Ban Women From University Education With Immediate Effect by IfnobeGod20: 10:19pm On Dec 21, 2022
faceLAGOS:

I guess you must have been fixated on Song of Solomon because of your high libido

1 Timothy 2:12

NIV: "I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent." CEV: "They should be silent and not be allowed to teach or to tell men what to do." NASB: "But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet."

Please in the verse of the scripture you put here, where was it stated that you must maltreat a woman? Can you underline it for me.
I know some of you think a Bible is your literature or history book that you can interpret the way you like it.
Well, I know you're not a student of the Bible. Go to the final verse of that chapter 2 and read what it said.
Let me quote the who chapter for you for more understanding, so that you won't wallow in defeat of knowledge.
Hear what the verses said:
"1 Timothy 2:1-15 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie notwink a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.
I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.
In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.
Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=bible.kingjamesbiblelite"

The bible is talking about line of authority and verses ended the conversation that the woman shall be saved in childbearing, if only she continue in faith, charity, holiness and sobriety.

Where does the verses suggest that a woman must be maltreated?

Just bear in mind Bible is not a history book but Holy Book
Re: Afghanistan: Taliban Ban Women From University Education With Immediate Effect by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 21, 2022
This is what Muslim - Muslim Presidential ticket WILL do to us.
Women, the ball is in your Court, we go japa if kasala burst.
���
Re: Afghanistan: Taliban Ban Women From University Education With Immediate Effect by JohnOkolo: 10:05am On Dec 22, 2022
lhordspy:
Hmm.

Watch how the hypocritical beings will feed on this and bask in sheer delight.

The topic reads Afghanistan not Islam . Every country is entitle to its policy. The western countries signed gay marriage into law. The western media was quiet. Now the country they so much hate, the US worst nightmare. The Aghanistan taliban they couldnt defeat for 20years plus made a policy(which is not even confirm to be true yet). Every tom, d!ck and harry is now looking for spoon to dive in.

I hate and condemn clampdown on women right in any form. - BUT a country just made a policy, a temporary one, maybe due to security issues, or to wade off western influence. The country has the right to make policy for it citizens in the best interest of the country or what they consider so.

The question is what the fvck is anybody going to do about it? Ask the evil western power to invade the country again for the third time?

Here we go again. Are you really sure you hate clamp down on girls and women rights? Am not so sure with the inner meaning of your words. The Topic reads Islam not Afganistan, lets not forget how it started in the first place.
Re: Afghanistan: Taliban Ban Women From University Education With Immediate Effect by lhordspy: 10:08am On Dec 22, 2022
JohnOkolo:

Here we go again. Are you really sure you hate clamp down on girls and women rights? Am not so sure with the inner meaning of your words. The Topic reads Islam not Afganistan, lets not forget how it started in the first place.

Islamaphobia is real. Get yourself a cure, sir.
Re: Afghanistan: Taliban Ban Women From University Education With Immediate Effect by Kelvin3476: 11:18am On Dec 22, 2022
Where are the feminists\women in AFGHAN ?
UNA NO GO FIGHT 4 UNA RIGHT ?
Re: Afghanistan: Taliban Ban Women From University Education With Immediate Effect by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 27, 2022
BLXCKMASS:
Allah akbooooom!! angry

You be troublemaker, Wallahi!
Re: Afghanistan: Taliban Ban Women From University Education With Immediate Effect by Kobojunkie: 12:12am On Dec 31, 2022
obedience4:
Paul was an apostles unto the Gentile's
A gentile is a term used in scripture to reference all those who are not born of either of the tribe of Benjamin, Levi, or Judah — the Jews. So, Jesus Christ did send all of His disciples into the world to be fishers of men, but what men were they to fish out? He sent them out into the Gentile world to fish out the lost sheep of Israel — all their brothers and sisters of Israel who were scattered by God to every tribe, every language, and every nation — from amongst them. So, it is wrong to assume that Paul was sent to those who are non-Israelites. undecided
Re: Afghanistan: Taliban Ban Women From University Education With Immediate Effect by Kobojunkie: 12:25am On Dec 31, 2022
IfnobeGod20:
1. Sorry you misinterpreted the verse of the scripture. The verse is talking about the 12 disciples as Jesus sent them out to preach to the lost Jews. See the way the Bible puts it: "Jesus sent out the twelve apostles with these instructions: "Don't go to the Gentiles or the Samaritans, but only to the people of Israel — God's lost sheep."

2. John 3:16 says, for God so loved the world that he gave his begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him, shall not perish but have eternal life. Just for the love God has for the world, he sent his only begotten Son Jesus to the world. So he wasn't sent to a particular section or tribe, he was sent to the world to reconcile us to God.

Read the true story below so as not to start arguing unnecessarily.
1. I believe you are wrong! Jesus Christ Himself said He was sent by the Father only to the lost sheep of Israel - Matthew 15 vs 24, and so His sending His disciples out only to the Lost sheep of Israel in Matthew 10 vs 5 - 11 was very much in line with the mission Jesus Christ Himself was given by the Father— the same mission announced to all of Israel through the Prophets. https://www.nairaland.com/7166221/name-jesus...must-read-non-christians#119563971

2. John 3 vs 16 in no way changed or impacted the mission which God gave to Jesus Christ given that God Himself cursed and scatter HIs Israel to the four winds of the earth. And so when Jesus Christ eventually sent His followers into the world to teach the Gospel, He was sending them out as fishers of men, to fish out from the crowd the Lost sheep of Israel— scattered to every tribe and every language and every nation of the earth by God— teaching them the Good news intended to gather them back to God's Jerusalem as He promised - Isaiah 6 vs 18 - 21. The world that God loves is Israel and the world the disciples were sent out to gather back in the name of Jesus Christ is Israel. undecided
Re: Afghanistan: Taliban Ban Women From University Education With Immediate Effect by Standardcosting(m): 1:43pm On Jan 19, 2023
Basitelo1:

See mumu, black women wey dem catch use for slavery nai be God. U mumu sha grin
Okay
Re: Afghanistan: Taliban Ban Women From University Education With Immediate Effect by xokol8: 1:04pm On Mar 14, 2023
Humble25:

Pls can you explain to me how is Islam the chief of oppression
What even the blind can see, you that have eyes are looking for someone to explain to you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Israeli Tanks And Troops Enter Rafah As Ceasefire Talks Collapse / Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others / Isreal Orders Ground Offensive Into Gaza

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.