Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,588 members, 7,812,913 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

IT Path For A Child - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / IT Path For A Child (656 Views)

Discussion Thread On The Best Learning Path For Beginner Fullstack Developers / The Best Learning Path For A Fullstack Developer - Discussion Thread / What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IT Path For A Child by fogechi: 5:57am On Dec 21, 2022
Good morning

Please i need direction for my son in IT. He is 8yrs , smart and very good with computers. I dont want to waste such talent.

Gurus in the house can you suggest where i can start to give him a bright future in IT

Nlfpmod
Re: IT Path For A Child by strictly4data: 7:28am On Dec 21, 2022
fogechi:
Good morning

Please i need direction for my son in IT. He is 8yrs , smart and very good with computers. I dont want to waste such talent.

Gurus in the house can you suggest where i can start to give him a bright future in IT

Nlfpmod
Enroll him to a programming school, let him start learning programming, Python or JavaScript. It could be virtual or physical classes.
Re: IT Path For A Child by TastyFriedPussy: 7:32am On Dec 21, 2022
fogechi:
Good morning

Nlfpmod
you see the part I bold....there's nothing I hate the more than people who lie to themselves and parents who dont know what parenting is all about..Stop lieing to yourself. You want to force your son into IT not because you don't want his talent to waste, but because of money you think he will make for you...And In all honesty, I hate parents like you..Like I told you before, most successful White programmers who became prodigies at a young age, things unfolded naturally, no be their parents induce their interest in it,no be money induce their interest in it, dey just grew up to love it due to a series of natural events, later developed passion for it, take note of the word "PASSION"....try and see if you can make the boy develop the love for it first, if I were in your shoes, that's what I'll do. No be to dey come here they lie say you no wan make him talent waste grin which talent? grin

2 Likes

Re: IT Path For A Child by TastyFriedPussy: 7:41am On Dec 21, 2022
strictly4data:

Enroll him to a programming school, let him start learning programming, Python or JavaScript. It could be virtual or physical classes.
see this one grin make 8 year old boy start to dey learn python or JavaScript? grin heiiii Goddd grin why are Nigerians like this grin after when them dey call people wey get sense this one sef go come out grin
Re: IT Path For A Child by strictly4data: 7:46am On Dec 21, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
see this one grin make 8 year old boy start to dey learn python or JavaScript? grin heiiii Goddd grin why are Nigerians like this grin after when them dey call people wey get sense this one sef go come out grin
My 9year old cousin is doing great in it despite not being smart. He has a coding teacher. Their is Python for kids as well.
Re: IT Path For A Child by Ahuitzotl: 7:49am On Dec 21, 2022
There's more to learning programming than being good with computers...Does he understand maths and English very well? Like very very well?? Is he into being detailed and curious in all that he does? What about attention? Can he pay great attention to specific tasks naturally without being forced? What's his I.Q? What's his reaction when he hits a dilemma ? How does he react to problems and adversities? Pls if you can't answer these questions with your full chest then allow the boy to just enjoy his childhood in peace, in the fullness of time the boy will come to his own gifts and talents..
Re: IT Path For A Child by TastyFriedPussy: 7:52am On Dec 21, 2022
strictly4data:

My 9year old cousin is doing great in it despite not being smart. He has a coding teacher. Their is Python for kids as well.
una just dey frustrate that poor boy life but una no know. Keep deceiving yourselves grin doing great indeed grin
Re: IT Path For A Child by rottable(m): 8:09am On Dec 21, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:

I am an ICT Instructor Sir. The Python he will be taught will make him enjoy coding. Not the complex python adult learn.

The important thing is that he must enjoy coding else he will be that coding is hard.
Re: IT Path For A Child by TastyFriedPussy: 8:10am On Dec 21, 2022
Ahuitzotl:
There's more to learning programming than being good with computers...Does he understand maths and English very well? Like very very well?? Is he into being detailed and curious in all that he does? What about attention? Can he pay great attention to specific tasks naturally without being forced? What's his I.Q? What's his reaction when he hits a dilemma ? How does he react to problems and adversities? Pls if you can't answer these questions with your full chest then allow the boy to just enjoy his childhood in peace, in the fullness of time the boy will come to his own gifts and talents..
African parents gree hear all these one's ? grin their things dey always dey upside down.. No just even being good at maths it even more than that because I know a guy who use to win lots of mathematics competitions here Nigeria, like the guy was a mathematics wizard not just maths buy baba know book in general. He was also learning programming and was 15 at the time. So baba thought he was smart enough and decided to go and compete at IOI (international olypiad for informatics) abroad against all these white folks wey be say we no suppose dey compare their standard with our own. Long story short, he competed two times 2019 and 2020. In 2019, out of all the 369 contestants, he came 354th grin in 2020 out of all the 356 contestants, he came 353rd grin so it's not about knowing maths alone sef..
Re: IT Path For A Child by Ahuitzotl: 9:00am On Dec 21, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
African parents gree hear all these one's ? grin their things dey always dey upside down.. No just even being good at maths it even more than that because I know a guy who use to win lots of mathematics competitions here Nigeria, like the guy was a mathematics wizard not just maths buy baba know book in general. He was also learning programming and was 15 at the time. So baba thought he was smart enough and decided to go and compete at IOI (international olypiad for informatics) abroad against all these white folks wey be say we no suppose dey compare their standard with our own. Long story short, he competed two times 2019 and 2020. In 2019, out of all the 369 contestants, he came 354th grin in 2020 out of all the 356 contestants, he came 353rd grin so it's not about knowing maths alone sef..
So what's it about?... French?

1 Like

Re: IT Path For A Child by etoluw: 9:05am On Dec 21, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:

Mark Zuckerberg started coding when he was eight
Re: IT Path For A Child by parkervero(m): 3:05pm On Dec 21, 2022
rottable:

I am an ICT Instructor Sir. The Python he will be taught will make him enjoy coding. Not the complex python adult learn.

The important thing is that he must enjoy coding else he will be that coding is hard.

I am an instructor as well in one of the big private schools here in Lagos. In our curriculum we don't have Python for pupils we only instruct them on HTML at Yr 5, APP inventor at Yr6, Scratch at Yr 4, while lower primary pupils are instructed on computer and use cases.

At secondary level is where we instruct them on JavaScript, Java, and Python.
Re: IT Path For A Child by Deicide: 7:28pm On Dec 21, 2022
Una don start again. Na so our parent do to push us watin we no like. Just cause he is good with computers doesn't mean anything.
Re: IT Path For A Child by fogechi: 7:40pm On Dec 21, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
you see the part I bold....there's nothing I hate the more than people who lie to themselves and parents who dont know what parenting is all about..Stop lieing to yourself. You want to force your son into IT not because you don't want his talent to waste, but because of money you think he will make for you...And In all honesty, I hate parents like you..Like I told you before, most successful White programmers who became prodigies at a young age, things unfolded naturally, no be their parents induce their interest in it,no be money induce their interest in it, dey just grew up to love it due to a series of natural events, later developed passion for it, take note of the word "PASSION"....try and see if you can make the boy develop the love for it first, if I were in your shoes, that's what I'll do. No be to dey come here they lie say you no wan make him talent waste grin which talent? grin

Dont know what to tell you self.....smh
Re: IT Path For A Child by fogechi: 7:41pm On Dec 21, 2022
strictly4data:

Thank you
Re: IT Path For A Child by fogechi: 7:45pm On Dec 21, 2022
Ahuitzotl:

Thanks....he understands maths and english very well. He comes 2nd in maths in his class. I got him an instructor when he persistently disturbed me about getting one for him. Had to disengage the guy cos he was not serious.

Thanks for the input
Re: IT Path For A Child by fogechi: 7:46pm On Dec 21, 2022
parkervero:

I am an instructor as well in one of the big private schools here in Lagos. In our curriculum we don't have Python for pupils we only instruct them on HTML at Yr 5, APP inventor at Yr6, Scratch at Yr 4, while lower primary pupils are instructed on computer and use cases.

At secondary level is where we instruct them on JavaScript, Java, and Python.

Thank bro
Re: IT Path For A Child by chiedozie198100: 12:08am On Dec 22, 2022
Re: IT Path For A Child by Nobody: 8:02am On Dec 22, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: IT Path For A Child by TastyFriedPussy: 6:25pm On Dec 23, 2022
etoluw:

Mark Zuckerberg started coding when he was eight
and ur Papa tell you say Na python him start with abi? grin
Re: IT Path For A Child by QuoteJustOnce: 6:33pm On Dec 23, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
...try and see if you can make the boy develop the love for it first, if I were in your shoes, that's what I'll do. No be to dey come here they lie say you no wan make him talent waste grin which talent? grin

truer words have never been spoken. my dota loves "fighting" would only watch movies that are combat-inspired. i kukuma enroll her for karate class; go and fight all the fight you want..... if her body don calm down and she wanna do something else, then we will talk. watch the child first, then push them in the path they choose for themselves.
Re: IT Path For A Child by TastyFriedPussy: 6:50pm On Dec 23, 2022
QuoteJustOnce:

truer words have never been spoken. my dota loves "fighting" would only watch movies that are combat-inspired. i kukuma enroll her for karate class; go and fight all the fight you want..... if her body don calm down and she wanna do something else, then we will talk. watch the child first, then push them in the path they choose for themselves.
Who knows, tomorrow now the girl might grow up to become one of the top female UFC fighters in the world, Na so all those Kind stories they start... That's how to raise a successful child, you help them build a career out of the things they love doing and are exceptional in. no be the one OP is trying to do to her son grin

(1) (Reply)

Calling On All Developers / Programming CHALLENGE (3) / Bsc In Ict,please I Need Professional Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.