Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,903 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

I Buried My Dad With Yahoo Money - 21-Year-Old Man - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Buried My Dad With Yahoo Money - 21-Year-Old Man (36585 Views)

I Killed My Friend For Oppressing Me With Yahoo-Yahoo Proceeds – Osun Tailor / Relative Of Lady Killed By Ritualists In Osun Claim She Hung Out With Yahoo Boys / 'I Buried 20 People In Libyan Desert'- Nigerian Deportee Confesses. Photos (2) (3) (4)

I Buried My Dad With Yahoo Money - 21-Year-Old Man by NaijaCover(m): 6:34am On Dec 21, 2022
A 21-year-old man, Ifeanyi Egbuwu, has been sentenced to one-year imprisonment for Internet fraud.

Egbuwu was arrested on August 2, 2022, by operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission during a raid on some Internet fraudsters at 42, Ola Williams Street, Kay Farm Estate, Iju, Lagos State.

During the arrest, nothing was recovered from the suspect, who claimed to have recently graduated from Oregun Senior High School.

However, he granted the EFCC access to his email, omohhenry79@gmail, where fraudulent documents were recovered.

The documents were tendered as exhibits before Justice R.A. Oshodi of the Special Offences Court, Ikeja, Lagos.

Egbuwu also confessed to the anti-graft commission that he profited N500,000 from his fraudulent activities, adding that he bought an iPhone X out of the sum and used some of it for his father’s funeral.

Convicting the defendant who pleaded guilty to one count of possession of fraudulent documents, the judge said, “When asked under oath, the defendant admitted that he benefited N500,000 from his crime. He said that he used N230,000 out of the N500,000 to buy an iPhone X. He also said that he used the proceeds of his crime to buy clothes and for his father’s burial. In criminal law, a defendant’s guilty plea is tantamount to admission of guilt.

“Mr Ifeanyi Favour Egbuwu, I’ve listened to your compassionate plea for mercy. I’m shocked that at the age of 21, you will venture into fraudulent activities. You confessed that you spent over seven days in the commission’s custody. I’m sure that you must have learnt a lesson and do understand the impact of being in custody. It deprives you of your liberties.

“I see that you have expressed remorse and I’m persuaded by the submission of your counsel only to the extent that you are a first-time offender. But I will not allow you to keep any kobo from your criminal proceeds. It is for this reason that I sentence you to imprisonment for one-year with an option of fine in the sum of N300,000 to be paid at the registry of the High Court of Lagos State with 100 hours of community service at the Maximum Custodial Centre, Kirikiri.”

The judge added that his duty during the community service would include barbing of hair since he claimed to be an apprentice at a barbing salon before he ventured into fraud.

Source: https://punchng.com/i-buried-my-dad-with-yahoo-money-says-21-year-old/

Re: I Buried My Dad With Yahoo Money - 21-Year-Old Man by NaijaCover(m): 6:35am On Dec 21, 2022
Another Terrible News From Yahoo Boy

Proudly Brought To You By

Re: I Buried My Dad With Yahoo Money - 21-Year-Old Man by blazepascal(m): 6:42am On Dec 21, 2022
sad
Re: I Buried My Dad With Yahoo Money - 21-Year-Old Man by blazepascal(m): 6:42am On Dec 21, 2022
Alarming
Re: I Buried My Dad With Yahoo Money - 21-Year-Old Man by Mrkumareze(m): 6:42am On Dec 21, 2022
Naija, a country where the law is meant for the poor.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Buried My Dad With Yahoo Money - 21-Year-Old Man by Zonefree(m): 6:47am On Dec 21, 2022
that he profited N500,000 from his fraudulent activities, adding that he bought an iPhone X out of the sum and used some of it for his father’s funeral.

There's this foolishness most boys exhibit that irks me. A meagre 500k and you're buying iPhone X undecided.

As a man, before you buy something, make sure you can buy it twice before deciding to get it. If you want to buy a car of 3M, make sure you have 6M. Don't use your last money to buy a liability.

185 Likes 17 Shares

Re: I Buried My Dad With Yahoo Money - 21-Year-Old Man by NaijaCover(m): 6:48am On Dec 21, 2022
Mrkumareze:
Naija, a country where the law is meant for the poor.

See More Bad News Via www.. Com

Re: I Buried My Dad With Yahoo Money - 21-Year-Old Man by libertyfather(m): 6:49am On Dec 21, 2022
Anything wrong in that? That's the money you have, would have borrow money to bury your dad since what you work for and what you have is yahoo money....go and face your music

Re: I Buried My Dad With Yahoo Money - 21-Year-Old Man by Candidlady: 7:25am On Dec 21, 2022
what a lenient judge

I'd sentence him to death... people like him and wiseone28 deserve no freedom

Re: I Buried My Dad With Yahoo Money - 21-Year-Old Man by matrixme(m): 7:32am On Dec 21, 2022
whomever this judge is, I'm saying a prayer for him. He will live very long and see good days. What a very humane judgement. I wish there are more like him in our judicial system

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Buried My Dad With Yahoo Money - 21-Year-Old Man by wiseone28: 7:35am On Dec 21, 2022
Candidlady:
what a lenient judge

Can you stop mentioning me for fun?

31 Likes

Re: I Buried My Dad With Yahoo Money - 21-Year-Old Man by Candidlady: 7:39am On Dec 21, 2022
wiseone28:

for fun?

iwould blow your mention wiseone28
you have to apologize

call that lady and apologize to her...

Re: I Buried My Dad With Yahoo Money - 21-Year-Old Man by factcheckmmm: 7:45am On Dec 21, 2022
Hhh
Re: I Buried My Dad With Yahoo Money - 21-Year-Old Man by NaijaCover(m): 7:46am On Dec 21, 2022
wiseone28:

Is Here ooooo

Re: I Buried My Dad With Yahoo Money - 21-Year-Old Man by Odogwujayy: 7:54am On Dec 21, 2022
The judge: "i'm suprised that you're doing this at 21".. That judge na werey.

Re: I Buried My Dad With Yahoo Money - 21-Year-Old Man by wiseone28: 7:58am On Dec 21, 2022
Candidlady:

for fun?

iwould blow your mention wiseone28
you have to apologize

call that lady and apologize to her...
Mad Gaybriel

Re: I Buried My Dad With Yahoo Money - 21-Year-Old Man by Valkrie: 8:18am On Dec 21, 2022
post=119313056:
Another Terrible News From Yahoo Boy

Proudly Brought To You By

What terrible news when the real yahoo people in government are walking the Street free with police bodyguards...!!!?

Re: I Buried My Dad With Yahoo Money - 21-Year-Old Man by fman(m): 8:27am On Dec 21, 2022
Candidlady:
what a lenient judge

I'd sentence him to death... people like him and wiseone2.8 deserve no freedom
fooôl.. u can never be a judge..
All these Kaduna girls wey dey live for nasarawa with nunu brains.

Re: I Buried My Dad With Yahoo Money - 21-Year-Old Man by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 21, 2022
Odogwujayy:
The judge: "i'm suprised that you're doing this at 21".. That judge na werey.
Broooo grin grin. It's obvious the boy couldn't pay bribe at efcc, that's why they pushed his case to court.

22 Likes

Re: I Buried My Dad With Yahoo Money - 21-Year-Old Man by NaijaCover(m): 8:29am On Dec 21, 2022
Valkrie:

What terrible news when the real yahoo people in government are walking the Street free with police bodyguards...!!!?

Hmmmmmm
Re: I Buried My Dad With Yahoo Money - 21-Year-Old Man by jchioma: 9:40am On Dec 21, 2022
100 hours of community service at the Maximum Custodial Centre, Kirikiri.”

The judge added that his duty during the community service would include barbing of hair since he claimed to be an apprentice at a barbing salon before he ventured into fraud

What a judge?
Re: I Buried My Dad With Yahoo Money - 21-Year-Old Man by SporaD8: 9:54am On Dec 21, 2022
Candidlady:
what a lenient judge

He should be sentence to death cox of 500k!
While you hail and sing the praise of those who steal the fortunes to the 4th and 5th of your future generations!
fman:
fooôl.. u can never be a judge..
All these Kaduna girls with nunu brains.
It's that kind of mentality that impoverish the Almajiris - They Chop off the hands of a poor boy who steal bread to survive; While they defend their governor who stole their common wealth with blasphemy laws!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Buried My Dad With Yahoo Money - 21-Year-Old Man by gulfer: 11:29am On Dec 21, 2022
He forgot to confess he killed his dad for yahoo plus success undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: I Buried My Dad With Yahoo Money - 21-Year-Old Man by paradigmshift(m): 12:03pm On Dec 21, 2022
Fire down...
Re: I Buried My Dad With Yahoo Money - 21-Year-Old Man by ATEAMS: 12:03pm On Dec 21, 2022
Re: I Buried My Dad With Yahoo Money - 21-Year-Old Man by bigdammyj: 12:03pm On Dec 21, 2022
Noted.
Re: I Buried My Dad With Yahoo Money - 21-Year-Old Man by kingamaa(m): 12:03pm On Dec 21, 2022
It is well

God go deliver you
Re: I Buried My Dad With Yahoo Money - 21-Year-Old Man by meobizy(f): 12:03pm On Dec 21, 2022
A crime he has to pay for. He was lucky. It was a better position than been at the mercy of idiot neighbours and relatives over an urgent matter.
Re: I Buried My Dad With Yahoo Money - 21-Year-Old Man by money121(m): 12:03pm On Dec 21, 2022
Re: I Buried My Dad With Yahoo Money - 21-Year-Old Man by FOOTSOLDIER1: 12:03pm On Dec 21, 2022
gffr3

Armed Car Snatcher Caught In Ikota, Lagos. Stolen Vehicle Recovered / 11-year-old Maid Strangles And Stabs 5-year-old Boy Placed In Her Care / Armed Men Enforcing Sit At Home Burn Vehicles In Imo. Shoot One (Pics,Video)