Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,076 members, 7,814,732 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

No Custom Duty Papers. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / No Custom Duty Papers. (614 Views)

My Friend Bought A Used Car From A Friend Which Had No Custom Duty / Please Advise Me: Seller Has No Custom Papers / General Announcement To People With Fake Or Lost Duty Papers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Custom Duty Papers. by Thatwebdev: 10:52am On Dec 21, 2022
Hello, I recently got an Honda accord euro, VIN check shows its 2003, the paper, statement of title says its 2006.

Now to my main concern. The Man I got it from got it FROM a car Dealer in kano. All I got from him was the Car invoice, receipt and a document called The statement of title.

I already spoke to a road safety official and he told me to just get the money for the registration and my personal info.

I reside in Abuja and I have been reading posts about Custom this and that.

I do not want to have any issues abeg. I just want to be able to use my car with peace of mind..

I am also very worried about this custom papers.

What do I do?
Re: No Custom Duty Papers. by Kingdemu: 4:34pm On Dec 21, 2022
Thatwebdev:
Hello, I recently got an Honda accord euro, VIN check shows its 2003, the paper, statement of title says its 2006.

Now to my main concern. The Man I got it from got it FROM a car Dealer in kano. All I got from him was the Car invoice, receipt and a document called The statement of title.

I already spoke to a road safety official and he told me to just get the money for the registration and my personal info.

I reside in Abuja and I have been reading posts about Custom this and that.

I do not want to have any issues abeg. I just want to be able to use my car with peace of mind..

I am also very worried about this custom papers.

What do I do?
Will the car be used to travel down south or it would be strictly used in the North?
Re: No Custom Duty Papers. by Sportwin(m): 5:17pm On Dec 21, 2022
How long has it been in Nigeria?
Re: No Custom Duty Papers. by computerglobal(m): 6:04pm On Dec 21, 2022

Instant Comprehensive Vehicle History Report

Recovery Of Lost Custom Papers(Instant)

Custom Duty Verification((Instant)

Contact us on Whats-app now . Just a click away..

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068
www.nairaland.com/computerglobal
Re: No Custom Duty Papers. by Thatwebdev: 9:10pm On Dec 21, 2022
Kingdemu:
Will the car be used to travel down south or it would be strictly used in the North?
Just Abuja. Not sure I would be travelling to the south with it.
Re: No Custom Duty Papers. by Thatwebdev: 9:11pm On Dec 21, 2022
Sportwin:
How long has it been in Nigeria?
. That I may not be able to answer. The seller only gave me the receipt and invoice of purchase.

I think only the dealer which I do not know or have access to can answer that.
Re: No Custom Duty Papers. by nurey(m): 7:47am On Dec 22, 2022
Thatwebdev:
. That I may not be able to answer. The seller only gave me the receipt and invoice of purchase.

I think only the dealer which I do not know or have access to can answer that.

If the car is not shiny and extremely clean also the plates are like 5years ago and already fading, custom no get business with you.

But from what I saw in the pix you uploaded in another thread, I dont think custom would even stop you to ask for custom papers you aren't part of their food chain.

2 Likes

Re: No Custom Duty Papers. by Thatwebdev: 7:49am On Dec 22, 2022
nurey:

If the car is not shiny and extremely clean also the plates are like 5years ago and already fading, custom no get business with you.

But from what I saw in the pix you uploaded in another thread, I dont think custom would even stop you to ask for custom papers you aren't part of their food chain.

The car is clean and hasn't been registered before. I just want to register it.

Meanwhile, what are the odds of encountering custom officials inside Abuja?
Re: No Custom Duty Papers. by nurey(m): 7:51am On Dec 22, 2022
Thatwebdev:

The car is clean and hasn't been registered before. I just want to register it.

Meanwhile, what are the odds of encountering custom officials inside Abuja?

I no dey stay for Abuja. But it's been a while customs do interior patrol nah mostly interstate highway dem dey lay ambush now

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

10 Ways To Reduce Fuel Consumption, Courtesy Of Mobil.* / My Car Loses Power Anytime I On My AC And Am In Traffic / Timing On A Honda Motorcycle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.