Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,401 members, 7,830,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

President Zelensky of Ukraine Makes First US Trip Since War Began - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / President Zelensky of Ukraine Makes First US Trip Since War Began (477 Views)

Ukraine President Zelensky Involved In Car Accident (photos, video) / Ukraine's President Zelensky's Face Before And During War / Thanks To Russia, The Ukrainian Army Has More Tanks Now Than When The War Began (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Zelensky of Ukraine Makes First US Trip Since War Began by ProfesawFred(m): 12:21pm On Dec 21, 2022
Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelensky has revealed on Wednesday that he was on his way to the United States to meet President Joe Biden.

The trip will be his first foreign trip since Russia invaded Ukraine in February.
Zelensky will address Congress and hold a number of meetings in the US, according to BBC.

The White House has also confirmed the trip and said it will supply Ukraine with a Patriot missile battery, to increase the country’s air defence capability.

“On my way to the US to strengthen resilience and defence capabilities of Ukraine,” he wrote on Twitter.

Zelensky regularly hosts foreign leaders in the capital, Kyiv, and has visited troops around Ukraine.

The Ukrainian president has also spoken frequently to world leaders over the telephone and by video call – often from his office in Kyiv.

However, his surprise visit to a foreign country marks a first since the war began and also signals the importance of Ukraine’s relationship with the US, which has played a leading role in providing military support.

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/12/zelensky-makes-first-trip-to-us-since-war-began/

Re: President Zelensky of Ukraine Makes First US Trip Since War Began by slimfit1(m): 12:28pm On Dec 21, 2022
He can finally sleep peacefully for a few days. Buhari that called himself a soldier would have handover to Russia at the first gunshot. This is the kind of leader I want for the Oduduwa Republic.
Re: President Zelensky of Ukraine Makes First US Trip Since War Began by ProfesawFred(m): 12:31pm On Dec 21, 2022
Re: President Zelensky of Ukraine Makes First US Trip Since War Began by Otobong3374(m): 4:13pm On Dec 21, 2022
slimfit1:
He can finally sleep peacefully for a few days. Buhari that called himself a soldier would have handover to Russia at the first gunshot. This is the kind of leader I want for the Oduduwa Republic.
Sure, If Nigeria Have This Kind Of President Terrorists Will Be Afraid Of Our Territories.
Re: President Zelensky of Ukraine Makes First US Trip Since War Began by BentizilL: 8:50pm On Dec 21, 2022
slimfit1:
You can want his type as the president of your family not Oduduwa republic...
No Omoluabi leader will choose to sacrifice his people carelessly...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Zelensky of Ukraine Makes First US Trip Since War Began by Hanibbal(m): 9:06pm On Dec 21, 2022
Guy man fit ask for F22 Raptor o grin
Re: President Zelensky of Ukraine Makes First US Trip Since War Began by slimfit1(m): 9:22pm On Dec 21, 2022
BentizilL:

You can want his type as the president of your family not Oduduwa republic...
No Omoluabi leader will choose to sacrifice his people carelessly...

Well I am not surprised you have never experienced good leadership not only in Nigeria, in your family as well. One question if your next-door neighbor tell you to vacate your house that he wants to rent it to someone else what would you do?
Re: President Zelensky of Ukraine Makes First US Trip Since War Began by Obrigardo: 10:13pm On Dec 21, 2022
He is meeting a real historic President, not criminal trump and I'm grateful to see this change

(1) (Reply)

The Operation To Neutralize The Chinese Balloon Involved:(pix) / Ukraine Can Be Divided According To The Korean Scenario, And The West Is / Trump Under Arrest Ahead Of Historic Arraignment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.