Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

How To Make Meat Pie Without Oven, Use Your Pot (Photos, Video) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Meat Pie Without Oven, Use Your Pot (Photos, Video) (19618 Views)

How To Bake Soft & Fluffy Bread Rolls At Home With Your Pot (Photos & Video) / My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) / Checkout What A Man Found Inside A Meat Pie (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Meat Pie Without Oven, Use Your Pot (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 6:41pm On Dec 23, 2022
dinomcjohn:
The best "meatpie making" video of all time. Nice one

Thanks a lot.
Re: How To Make Meat Pie Without Oven, Use Your Pot (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 6:49pm On Dec 23, 2022
clems88:
I thought eggs are usually added to the flour ? I didn't see any

In this recipe, I used the egg as the wash. It helped in sealing the dough to avoid bursting in the heat.

I mistakenly omitted it in the ingredients, thank you for pointing that out.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Meat Pie Without Oven, Use Your Pot (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 6:51pm On Dec 23, 2022
olamidedivotee:
tongue Oh My God

I've learned a lot from you this year alone. Thanks for sharing your knowledge of cooking and baking.

I feel Iike coming over there to taste this delicious meat pie.

Thank you so much. Am glad I could impart the knowledge.

The meat pie is very delicious tongue
Re: How To Make Meat Pie Without Oven, Use Your Pot (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 6:52pm On Dec 23, 2022
Candidlady:
fman and wiseone28
since you couples are always having food issues at home iwould advise you learn from this auntie how to prepare some delicious meals..

love my pie very brown/burnt

Thank you.
Re: How To Make Meat Pie Without Oven, Use Your Pot (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 6:53pm On Dec 23, 2022
ideaz:
One of the people making the world worth living!

Awwwwnnn, thank you plenty.
Re: How To Make Meat Pie Without Oven, Use Your Pot (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 6:57pm On Dec 23, 2022
CodeTemplar:
Can one substitute the meat with roundabout or even beans?
Lol.

It's your choice, I have even seen groundnuts as meat pie filling grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Meat Pie Without Oven, Use Your Pot (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 7:00pm On Dec 23, 2022
Love800:
Wonderful. Apart from rice nd chicken wat else can be use to replace it dix xmas

Many options ooooo, food full everywhere ooooo
Re: How To Make Meat Pie Without Oven, Use Your Pot (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 7:01pm On Dec 23, 2022
SaintOzone:

Please did you put water in that pot?

No please and the pot didn't burn either.
Re: How To Make Meat Pie Without Oven, Use Your Pot (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 7:02pm On Dec 23, 2022
GboyegaD:
I guess my dog seems to bread due to over kneedging. How do you reduce the kneading.
Also, how do you get to flatten your dough? Any instrument used?

I used kneading pin to flatten the dough.
Re: How To Make Meat Pie Without Oven, Use Your Pot (Photos, Video) by BigDawsNet: 7:23pm On Dec 23, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Nigerian pastries are all very nice.

I have a thread on both puff puff and buns too.

Awesome.... I'm gonna check it out

1 Like

Re: How To Make Meat Pie Without Oven, Use Your Pot (Photos, Video) by CodeTemplar: 8:48pm On Dec 23, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

It's your choice, I have even seen groundnuts as meat pie filling grin
that's nutritional gangsterism
Re: How To Make Meat Pie Without Oven, Use Your Pot (Photos, Video) by sslcrypt: 9:36pm On Dec 23, 2022
mariahAngel:
My most favourite Nigerian snack.
Give me just two of those with a gigantic cup of hot milky tea, and I'm good. tongue
Kia you like enjoyment sha grin angry grin

1 Like

Re: How To Make Meat Pie Without Oven, Use Your Pot (Photos, Video) by mariahAngel(f): 9:48pm On Dec 23, 2022
sslcrypt:

Kia you like enjoyment sha grin angry grin

If I no like enjoyment, wetin I gain? cheesy
As my sister would say enjoyment is the core of my existence. grin
Re: How To Make Meat Pie Without Oven, Use Your Pot (Photos, Video) by joyousever(f): 11:16pm On Dec 23, 2022
Interesting illustration, kudos!
Please how does one get this pot oven? I didn't really understand it when I watched the video. Or is it the regular cooking pot? And l don't understand what you placed underneath it before placing the meat pie tray.
Could you please explain more?

gloryhomemaker:

Nne,it's all yours. How is your Christmas coming? I can feel mine in the air already.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Meat Pie Without Oven, Use Your Pot (Photos, Video) by GboyegaD(m): 11:28pm On Dec 23, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

I used kneading pin to flatten the dough.

Will give it a shot again.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Meat Pie Without Oven, Use Your Pot (Photos, Video) by darediamond(m): 11:46pm On Dec 23, 2022
mariahAngel:
My most favourite Nigerian snack.
Give me just two of those with a gigantic cup of hot milky tea, and I'm good. tongue
As for me, I enjoy it with Big cucumbers.
Re: How To Make Meat Pie Without Oven, Use Your Pot (Photos, Video) by sslcrypt: 7:39am On Dec 24, 2022
mariahAngel:

If I no like enjoyment, wetin I gain? cheesy
As my sister would say enjoyment is the core of my existence. grin

Hehe true sha

1 Like

Re: How To Make Meat Pie Without Oven, Use Your Pot (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 10:26am On Dec 24, 2022
joyousever:
Interesting illustration, kudos!
Please how does one get this pot oven? I didn't really understand it when I watched the video. Or is it the regular cooking pot? And l don't understand what you placed underneath it before placing the meat pie tray.
Could you please explain more?

It's your regular pot ooooo.
Please use a pot that can close tightly without any perforation in the lid.
Perforation is that little hole in some pot lids, it will reduce the heat in of the pot. And that will affect the meat pie.
I placed a baking sheet in the baking tray.
I hope I answered you well enough.
Re: How To Make Meat Pie Without Oven, Use Your Pot (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 10:29am On Dec 24, 2022

1 Like

Re: How To Make Meat Pie Without Oven, Use Your Pot (Photos, Video) by joyousever(f): 10:46pm On Dec 24, 2022
Nice explanation! I'll keep this in mind. Thanks a lot.

gloryhomemaker:

It's your regular pot ooooo.
Please use a pot that can close tightly without any perforation in the lid.
Perforation is that little hole in some pot lids, it will reduce the heat in of the pot. And that will affect the meat pie.
I placed a baking sheet in the baking tray.
I hope I answered you well enough.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Five Health Benefits Of Agbalumo (african Cherry/star Apple) / Easy Steps On How I Made Ewa Agoyin (Beans And Sauce) With Bread (Photos, Video) / Why Prices Of Bread Are High – Bakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.