Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,449 members, 7,846,867 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:51 AM

Coca-cola & Whitefield Provide Aid To Flood Victims In Anambra State - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Coca-cola & Whitefield Provide Aid To Flood Victims In Anambra State (348 Views)

Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products / Lady Loses Her Life Investments To Flood In Nibo, Anambra (Pictures) / Dangote Donates N250m To Flood Victims In Benue State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Coca-cola & Whitefield Provide Aid To Flood Victims In Anambra State by Tolu4me: 1:09pm On Dec 22, 2022
Coca-Cola has activated one of its social-impact schemes – Operation Ladder, to alleviate the burden of flood victims in Anambra State.
The humanitarian intervention of the Coca-Cola System in Nigeria through its philanthropic arm, The Coca-Cola Foundation (TCCF), is valued at $175,000 and seeks to provide support to flood victims across three key areas including food, health and enlightenment.
The Deputy Governor of Anambra State, Dr. Onyeka Ibezima expressed gratitude for the passionate intervention and the additional donation of 120,000 bottles of water and juice for hydration purposes, which was handed over to the community members of Anambra state, on Thursday 15th December 2022.

He said, "On behalf of the Anambra State government, I would like to register our gratitude to The Coca-Cola Foundation, Nigerian Bottling Company and Whitefield Foundation for identifying with our people during this trying period”.
“I also urge the beneficiaries to make the most of the intervention, particularly the agricultural seedlings and counselling which cannot be quantified in monetary terms".
His appreciation was founded on the belief that the food and medications would eventually be depleted but knowledge impacted via counselling would outlive time.
On the benefits of Operation Ladder, the Chief Executive Officer of Whitefield Foundation, Funmi Johnson explained that the initiative was designed for humanitarian intervention for flood victims.
She said, “With the devastating floods recorded across the 36 states, resulting in fatalities, population displacement, and extensive destruction of homes, farms, and infrastructure, it has become imperative to provide humanitarian intervention to these victims”.
With a robust plan to deploy this over the next three months, the intervention would target affected communities in Delta and Anambra States, focusing on vulnerable groups such as mothers and children, the elderly, and persons with disabilities, with about 30,000 people from 5,000 households receiving nutritional food packages and other benefits.

Some communities in Anambra State include Ayamelum LGA, Ogbaru LGA, Umueri Anambra East LGA, Anambra East LGA, Anambra West LGA and for Delta State: Isoko South LGA and Ughelli South LGA.
The initiative would be providing healthcare assistance by implementing a series of mitigating measures to reduce the risk of diseases spread across the communities while supporting the counselling of beneficiaries to guard against becoming victims of gender-based violence under similar circumstances in the future.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Money From Youtube Shorts As A Beginner / Naira Swap: My Experience Today / Thanks guys, I’ve bought the Btc , now buying/selling Usdt @740/$

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.