Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,979 members, 7,810,717 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products (20503 Views)

Newly Completed Phase Of Ariaria International Market With Lift & AC Added (Pic) / Lady Loses Her Life Investments To Flood In Nibo, Anambra (Pictures) / Dangote Donates N250m To Flood Victims In Benue State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by dre11(m): 10:47am On Dec 09, 2023
• Company says NNPC to supply next four cargoes in three weeks

• Final shipment to come from ExxonMobil.

• Refinery to load 2,900 trucks a day at its truck loading gantries

• Dangote, Okunbor excited by significant milestone achieved

• Tinubu optimistic of increased investments from SPDC

• Insists all obstacles to investments now being removed by his govt

Deji Elumoye in Abuja and Peter Uzoho in Lagos

There was unease in the global oil production market yesterday, when it came to light that the much-awaited Dangote Petroleum Refinery and Petrochemicals plant may soon become fully operational as early as January, as the first refinery in Africa in the last 40 years, with most of the 54 African country still major importer of refined petroleum product.

Dangote Petroleum Refinery coming on stream and expected to sell the product cheaper, sent jitters in the market.
This was just as the Dangote Petroleum Refinery and Petrochemicals plant yesterday, confirmed the purchase of one million barrels of crude oil of Agbami grade from Shell Trading and Shipping Company Limited (STASCO), one of the largest trading companies in Nigeria and globally, which trades over eight million barrels of crude oil per day.

Also, President Bola Tinubu has expressed optimism about the prospects of increased investments from Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC), emphasising Nigeria’s long-term relationship with the company, which discovered the first commercial oil field at Oloibiri in the Niger Delta in 1956.

The Aliko Dangote-owned company confirmed the purchase of the crude yesterday, in a statement issued by the Group Head, Branding and Corporate Communications, Dangote Group, Mr. Tony Chiejina, revealing that the next four out of the six cargoes programmed for supply to the facility will be supplied by the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPC) in the next two to three weeks.

The company also said the final shipment would come from ExxonMobil, reiterating that the refinery has the capacity to load 2,900 trucks a day at its truck loading gantries.

However, both the Africa’s richest man and chief promoter of the $19 billion refinery, Dangote and the Country Chair of Shell Companies in Nigeria, Mr. Osagie Okunbor, expressed delight at the major milestone recorded towards boosting Nigeria’s domestic refining capacity and attaining energy security and self-sufficiency.

According to the statement, the STASCO cargo contained one million barrels from Agbami and sailed to Dangote Refinery’s Single Point Mooring (SPM) where it was discharged into the refinery’s crude oil tanks.

The company said the maiden one million barrels, which represented the first phase of the six million barrels of crude oil to be supplied to Dangote Petroleum Refinery by a range of suppliers, should sustain the initial 350,000 barrels per day to be processed by the facility.

“The next four cargoes will be supplied by the NNPC in two to three weeks and the final of the six cargoes will be supplied by ExxonMobil”, the statement noted.

It added that the supply would facilitate the initial run of the refinery as well as kick-start the production of diesel, aviation fuel, and Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) before subsequently progressing to the production of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) popularly known as petrol.

This latest development would play a pivotal role in alleviating the fuel supply challenges faced by Nigeria as well as the West African countries.

Designed for 100 per cent Nigerian crude with the flexibility to process other crudes, the 650,000 barrels per day Dangote Petroleum Refinery can process most African crude grades as well as Middle Eastern Arab Light and even US Light tight oil as well as crude from other countries.

The Lagos’ Lekki Free Zone-based refinery could also meet 100 per cent of the Nigeria’s requirement of all refined products, gasoline, diesel, kerosene, and aviation jet, and also have surplus of each of these products for export.

The refinery was built to take crude through its two SPMs located 25 kilometres from the shore and to discharge petroleum products through three separate SPMs.

In addition, the company reiterated that the refinery has the capacity to load 2,900 trucks a day at its truck loading gantries.
Dangote Refinery has a self-sufficient marine facility with the ability to handle the largest vessel globally available. In addition, all products from the refinery will conform to Euro V specifications, according to the statement.

The refinery was designed to comply with US EPA, European emission norms, and Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) emission/effluent norms as well as African Refiners and Distribution Association (ARDA) standards.

Commenting on the latest milestone achieved in the refinery’s journey, President of Dangote Group, Dangote, was quoted to have stated: “We are delighted to have reached this significant milestone. This is an important achievement for our country as it demonstrates our ability to develop and deliver large capital projects.

“Our focus over the coming months is to ramp up the refinery to its full capacity. I look forward to the next significant milestone when we deliver the first batch of products to the Nigerian market.”

Also, the Country Chairman of Shell Companies in Nigeria, Okunbor stated: “We welcome the startup of a refinery that is designed to produce gasoline, diesel, and low-sulphur fuels for Nigeria and across West Africa and are happy to be enabling it.”

Tinubu Optimistic of Increased Investments from SPDC

Meanwhile, Tinubu has expressed optimism about the prospects of increased investments from SPDC, emphasising Nigeria’s long-term relationship with the company, which discovered the first commercial oil field at Oloibiri in the Niger Delta in 1956.

Receiving at the State House, Abuja, the management of Shell Group, led by its Global Integrated Gas and Upstream Director, Ms. Zoe Yujnovich, the President, according to a statement issued yesterday, by his Media Adviser, Ajuri Ngelale, said his administration would continue to ensure the security and viability of existing and new investments in the country.

According to him: “We have made progress since our last meeting. I will continue to support and encourage you on this path. There is no doubt that there is a significant focus on investment in and around the continent. I am spearheading Nigeria’s global march for new investments at home.
“In view of our long-term relationship that has been established over the years, we want you to do more, and we are ready to encourage you in every way possible.

“We are very focused on resolving all investment-related issues. There is no bottleneck that is too difficult for us to remove in our determined march toward making Nigeria the African haven for large-scale investment in all key sectors. We need each other”.

Earlier in her remarks, Ms. Yujnovich expressed Shell’s commitment to maintain its legacy of investments in Nigeria, particularly as the company refocuses its investment to key into new and existing opportunities in the Deepwater and Gas sector.

She outlined the company’s dedication to the development of the gas value chain in the country, including a substantial commitment of $1 billion over the next five to 10 years, aimed at unlocking gas resources for domestic use and the Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG) project.
Furthermore, Ms. Yujnovich announced an imminent $5 billion investment opportunity in the Bonga North project off the shores of Nigeria, located in the deep water.

The Shell Global Integrated Gas and Upstream Director expressed Shell’s eagerness to proceed with this investment and outlined several prospective investments that Shell Group is eyeing in Nigeria over the short to medium term.

Her words: “Mr. President, I want to be successful in my role, and I cannot be successful in my role unless I can find a way to bring more new investments to Nigeria.

“I have made commitments to our investors that we will continue to invest in gas and oil. In Nigeria, I see all the conditions to continue to make this partnership stronger. In the deep water, we have an imminent investment opportunity in Bonga North. This is $5 billion. I am really keen to make that investment as soon as possible. We want to continue and build a pipeline of new investments in Nigeria”.
She commended the collaboration her team has experienced with the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources (Oil), Senator Heineken Lokpobiri and the Special Adviser to the President on Energy, Olu Verheijen, while acknowledging their roles in achieving significant progress in actualizing the potential of these projects as well as others.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/12/09/dangote-set-to-flood-african-market-with-refined-petroleum-products-sending-jitters?amp=1

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by immortalcrown(m): 10:47am On Dec 09, 2023
Flooding Africa with fuel no be wetin I wan hear.

Na de price I wan hear. Fuel is not scarce. Price is the problem.

Him don already flood Africa with Cement but how many fit buy am? So, flooding Africa with fuel no be news.

See how the game will play out. They raised fuel price from ₦200 to over ₦600 now. By the time Dangote starts selling, the price will be between ₦400 and ₦500 for the first few months. During that period, sycophants will say he has reduced fuel price.

Each time they come up with the deceit, sycophants accept it.

That's how they believed that the sale of NEPA will improve power supply. What has been happening since after the sale of NEPA? Artificial scarcity of prepared metres, outrageous bills for those billed with estimation, no rapid response for areas where estimation billing is dominant, physical abuse of Nigerians by the staff members of the electricity distribution companies, houses connected to electric polea are billed every month even if those houses experience blackout for a year.

This is also how it is claimed that Dangote Refinery will make fuel affordable for Nigeria. How cheap are cement, salt, sugar and flour for Nigerians? This is how they claimed that border closure would improve agriculture and locally-made goods. What later came out of it? Notherners got a monopoly to use motorcycles to smuggle rice into the country. And rice keeps getting more expensive. That's how they applauded subsidy removal and claim to have been saving trillions of Naira since then but no improvement in the economy.

202 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by JASONjnr(m): 10:51am On Dec 09, 2023
This used to be a relieving kinda news until Ajuri told us that it wouldn't stop Dangote from selling petrol at expensive prices.

What's the need for having a refinery if it's refined goods will be more expensive than imported refined goods?

Why are we pumping billions to repair failed refineries when it's selling price wouldn't be any different from imported goods?

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by Norsemann: 10:55am On Dec 09, 2023
shocked
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by tsdarkside(m): 11:00am On Dec 09, 2023
you guys are awaitin too much from dangote....

dont forget neighborin countries are countin on this refinery too....

i dont think price would drop that much or even atall....
saudi arabia just annouced they wan reduce production....

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by LeonSaab: 11:02am On Dec 09, 2023
tsdarkside:
you guys are awaitin too much from dangote....

dont forget neighborin countries are countin on this refinery too....

i dont think price would drop that much or even atall....
saudi arabia just annouced they wan reduce production....
we make it here....local consumption will come before export....and since the government owns 20% he dares not produce and prioritize export over local consumption

15 Likes

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by Ozommadu: 11:03am On Dec 09, 2023
Portharcourt refinery nko??

Abi una wan divert our attention away from tinubu's lies and deceit

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by tsdarkside(m): 11:05am On Dec 09, 2023
LeonSaab:
we make it here....local consumption will come before export....and since the government owns 20% he dares not produce and prioritize export over local consumption

bwahahahaha....

you nigerians have this strange magic drum mindset....

i find it funny....

15 Likes

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by LagosG: 11:07am On Dec 09, 2023
Abeg o! Charity begins at home

1 Like

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by LeonSaab: 11:08am On Dec 09, 2023
tsdarkside:

bwahahahaha....

you nigerians have this strange magic drum mindset....

i find it funny....
okay....feel free to continue to import.....

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by tsdarkside(m): 11:11am On Dec 09, 2023
LeonSaab:
okay....feel free to continue to import.....

look,i deal with facts not phantasies....

remember what was happenin when fuel was still subsidies by fg....??

people smuggled it across borders to neighborin countries....
what makes you think the circle could not start all over again when fuel is cheaper here....??

6 Likes

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by DevilishMan: 11:11am On Dec 09, 2023
So how much will it sell?

6 Likes

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by Soulsymbol99: 11:12am On Dec 09, 2023
immortalcrown:
No be wetin I wan hear.

Cement full market market but how many fit buy am? So, flooding Africa with fuel no be news.

I no read am but I see say they avoided price. Dem no talk anything about price @least give people an idea of what the price will look like undecided

6 Likes

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by abdeefggh: 11:16am On Dec 09, 2023
We need more refinery to start functioning

1 Like

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by tsdarkside(m): 11:17am On Dec 09, 2023
abdeefggh:
We need more refinery to start functioning

spare yourselfs headaches....concentrate on supplyin the ol africa....

nigeria needs much more refineries....
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by STEWpid(f): 11:22am On Dec 09, 2023
Chai..

Dangote & Stake/Shareholders are about to make more money..

But it would be better for Nigerians anyway..

Dangote of Nigeria Republique!!

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by datola: 11:22am On Dec 09, 2023
Nice.

Though petrol price might not really come down but it will surely have so much positive impacts on the bleeding economy.

Congratulations Dangote

Congratulations to patriotic Nigerians

Shame on you thieving politicians!

5 Likes

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by eepeepook: 11:22am On Dec 09, 2023
To broke no good. This is how children on Nairaland exist? No wonder you’re always angry.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by atobs4real(m): 11:22am On Dec 09, 2023
Will that change the price?
If yes, thank God.
If no, Bleep up
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by besayag: 11:22am On Dec 09, 2023
ALL THIS TALK LONG, SHEY IT HELP REDUCE PRICE OR NOT, IF IT DOESN’T REDUCE PRICE DEY ARE ALL BASTARD

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by RepoMan007: 11:22am On Dec 09, 2023
Brag-ado mentality. Flood ko tsunami mi.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by jiz: 11:22am On Dec 09, 2023
Fake news !
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by atobs4real(m): 11:23am On Dec 09, 2023
Will that change the price?
If yes, thank God.
If no, Bleep up
The price is important.
We about to move on
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by DARLINGTON869(m): 11:23am On Dec 09, 2023
Still won't stop Dangote from selling between 550-650 per litre. Man is already owing heaven and earth to commercial banks from loans borrowed over the years to finance the completion of the refinery. Reason why he's not yet being called out is because federal government have got a stake in the refinery.

9 Likes

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by erico2k2(m): 11:24am On Dec 09, 2023
immortalcrown:

Cement full market but how many fit buy am? So, flooding Africa with fuel no be news.
And even the cement is cheaper abroad

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by ceejayluv(m): 11:24am On Dec 09, 2023
He should exceed Nigeria's demand first.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by WealthyNigerian: 11:24am On Dec 09, 2023
Awesome!!! Just as said by BBC, Forex would massively flow into Nigeria and strength the Value of Naira unprecedentedly. In the next 6 months, expect Naira to become N500 to $1 or even less, BBC said it is guaranteed to happen as Tinubu focuses efforts on: https://www.nairaland.com/7929097/why-naira-stengthen-against-dollar

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by Ejebleje: 11:25am On Dec 09, 2023
Lool...from same refinery? Miracle!

They've already used NNPCL to remind you "that refineries aren't for cheap petrol products" ,don't forget that NNPCL has a stake in Dangote Refinery.

Stop watching legacy news media, you people won't hear. If you have family or a friend(s) working there, let them confirm to you whether they can actually refine fuel now, then you'll understand why Nigeria will not have cheap petrol even in the next 2 decades, unless of course subsidy is restored

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by Splashme: 11:25am On Dec 09, 2023
OK oooo .... we're waiting
Re: Dangote Set To Flood African Market With Refined Petroleum Products by Benwallt(m): 11:25am On Dec 09, 2023
immortalcrown:

Cement full market but how many fit buy am? So, flooding Africa with fuel no be news.

I support your position

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

CBN Sells Dollars To BDCs Below Market Rate At ₦‎1,101/$1 / MTN Nigeria Announces One-day Kid CEO, As Lagos Experiences 5G / Obi Cubana: Despite The Challenges Of November, 2021 Remains Our Best Year Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.