Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,084 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Miracles Among God's People! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Miracles Among God's People! (4397 Views)

Why Bombs Alone Will Not Save "God's People" Israel / Pentecostal Churches Are Misleading God's People / Pestilence! See How Anti-god People Have Destroyed God Fearing Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Miracles Among God's People! by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:48pm On Dec 22, 2022
God often do the unbelievable because of His loyal ones but most people do feel He (God) should always do the same whenever the situation arises.
So let's talk about Miracles and why is it that God only choose to do it when He feels like?
Do real miracles happen today?
If so why has God select those that will witness it and not just everyone?

"A wicked and adulterous generation keeps seeking a sign, but no sign will be given it except the sign of Joʹnah". With that he went away, leaving them behind. Matthew 16:4

Only Jonah witnessed a Miracle his audience never saw any sign yet they believed him.

Why did they believe Jonah who never perform any sign in their presence?

1 Like

Re: Miracles Among God's People! by Dtruthspeaker: 5:08pm On Dec 22, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
God often do the unbelievable because of His loyal ones but most people do feel He (God) should always do the same whenever the situation arises.
So let's talk about Miracles and why is it that God only choose to do it when He feels like?
If so why has God select those that will witness it and not just everyone?...

Actually, God wants to blow our minds with miracles but before the miracles comes preparation and examination.

And since people already do not listen nor obey God, therefore, scarcely would He do it.

Even Isreal His chosen and first born on the earth, also did not listen nor obey.

Therefore miracles only falls on a the scanty few who truly follow God. Eg I just got one 2 days back. (I usually have miracles) which is fire started in one of my properties but it was only confined to one room, a memory room those old China ware bowls that are 40 years old, tumblers, basins and things we used for hosting parties in the 70s and 80s when cooking and all was done in the house.

No one was around but the street and estate people came to fight it. And the fire was huge.. but it was confined to one room only. This same thing which burnt down a whole supermarket that made the news. (Same area and Nepa)

But in my case it was confined to one room only to the amazement of the people gathered and they had substantially put it down before the fire fighters arrived.

If it had not been The Lord...

And here come the evils with their anger and jealousy
Re: Miracles Among God's People! by Truvelisback(m): 6:37pm On Dec 22, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

"A wicked and adulterous generation keeps seeking a sign, but no sign will be given it except the sign of Joʹnah". With that he went away, leaving them behind. Matthew 16:4

Only Jonah witnessed a Miracle his audience never saw any sign yet they believed him.

It is because God is Sovereign. God does whatever He wants to do at His own time or will. However, there are people whom God has given the ability to wrought miracles.
Re: Miracles Among God's People! by DoWhatThouWilt: 6:52pm On Dec 22, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
And since people already do not listen nor obey God, therefore, scarcely would He do it

Not True. God makes the rain fall on both the wicked and the good. He makes the sun shine on both the wicked and the good. If you think about that deeply, That's a miracle smiley

Therefore miracles only falls on a the scanty few who truly follow God.

Again, Not true. God can perform a miracle on a pagan, sinner or unbeliever in order to change that persons mindset or as a result of someone's prayer for that person. Read your bible very well and stop speaking like you understand the mind of God. His ways are higher than yours you know.

I just got one 2 days back. (I usually have miracles) which is fire started in one of my properties but it was only confined to one room, a memory room those old China ware bowls that are 40 years old, tumblers, basins and things we used for hosting parties in the 70s and 80s when cooking and all was done in the house. No one was around but the street and estate people came to fight it. And the fire was huge.. but it was confined to one room only.

Wow... Lucky you. But of course, whether good or bad, we must give God the glory, yes?

This same thing which burnt down a whole supermarket that made the news. (Same area and Nepa) But in my case it was confined to one room only to the amazement of the people gathered and they had substantially put it down before the fire fighters arrived.

That it burnt down the supermarket doesn't mean God hates or dislikes the owner of the supermarket. Remember that time and unforeseen occurrence befalls us all. There is a time to cry and a time to rejoice. That's just life.
Re: Miracles Among God's People! by Dtruthspeaker: 6:57pm On Dec 22, 2022
DoWhatThouWilt:

Not True. God makes the rain fall on both the wicked and the good. He makes the sun shine on both the wicked and the good. If you think about that deeply, That's a miracle smiley

God is very very good so Goodness is plenty and Goodness is The Law.

However, miracles is a different level of goodness which is only received by those who have obtained it.

DoWhatThouWilt:

Wow... Lucky you. But of course, whether good or bad, we must give God the glory, yes?

I have a novel opinion here. To say the Truth it is impossible to thank God when things are bad.

But only a person who is with God will be still through it all, for he knows many things people do not know hence it is he who will say thank God.

Evil pursues the wicked but when evil pursues the righteous, a miracle is coming.

DoWhatThouWilt:

That it burnt down the supermarket doesn't mean God hates or dislikes the owner of the supermarket. Remember that time and unforeseen occurrence befalls us all. There is a time to cry and a time to rejoice. That's just life.

Evil pursues the wicked but when evil pursues the righteous, a miracle is coming.

1 Like

Re: Miracles Among God's People! by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:12pm On Dec 23, 2022
Miracles still happens today but God never gave any human the power to perform miracles after the death of first century Jewish disciples of Christ Jesus.
Today the true God does what is necessary for the sake of His servants declaring the good news of His Kingdom.

1 Like

Re: Miracles Among God's People! by Truvelisback(m): 4:01pm On Dec 23, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
Miracles still happens today but God never gave any human the power to perform miracles after the death of first century Jewish disciples of Christ Jesus.
Today the true God does what is necessary for the sake of His servants declaring the good news of His Kingdom.
Lies.
Re: Miracles Among God's People! by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:31pm On Dec 23, 2022
Miracles happens everyday as God continues to show His strength in behalf of His people!

2Chronicles 16:9

1 Like

Re: Miracles Among God's People! by Truvelisback(m): 6:49pm On Dec 23, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
TenQ, Steep listen to what this self-acclaim Christian is saying.

Re: Miracles Among God's People! by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:30am On Dec 29, 2022
Due to their eagerness to see signs {Matthew 16:4} most people are running from one religion to another but the true God performs miracles everyday supporting His worshipers in this time of the end so they can complete their assignment in gathering deserving ones.
YES, God's servants are given the power beyond what is normal! 2Corinthians 4:7 smiley

1 Like

Re: Miracles Among God's People! by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:19am On Jan 04, 2023
Truvelisback:
It is because God is Sovereign. God does whatever He wants to do at His own time or will. However, there are people whom God has given the ability to wrought miracles.

Who are they? smiley
Re: Miracles Among God's People! by Truvelisback(m): 8:29am On Jan 04, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Who are they? smiley
His Servants.
Re: Miracles Among God's People! by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:35am On Jan 04, 2023
Truvelisback:
His Servants.
Names please?
Many physically challenged are following maybe your miracle people can heal them! smiley
Re: Miracles Among God's People! by Truvelisback(m): 8:37am On Jan 04, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Names please?
Many physically challenged are following maybe your miracle people can heal them! smiley
The ones u see on T.V and hear are what?

Re: Miracles Among God's People! by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:41am On Jan 04, 2023
Truvelisback:

Scammers! smiley
Re: Miracles Among God's People! by Truvelisback(m): 8:45am On Jan 04, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Scammers! smiley
They are Scammers because neither JW members nor ur leaders can do the same.
Re: Miracles Among God's People! by jaephoenix(m): 8:50am On Jan 04, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

John 14:12
Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father

You don't know your bible

1 Like

Re: Miracles Among God's People! by jaephoenix(m): 8:52am On Jan 04, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Miracles happens everyday as God continues to show His strength in behalf of His people!

2Chronicles 16:9
Youre speaking from both sides of your mouth…. as usual
Re: Miracles Among God's People! by jaephoenix(m): 8:54am On Jan 04, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Due to their eagerness to see signs {Matthew 16:4} most people are running from one religion to another but the true God performs miracles everyday supporting His worshipers in this time of the end so they can complete their assignment in gathering deserving ones.
YES, God's servants are given the power beyond what is normal! 2Corinthians 4:7 smiley
These little ones would have been sexually molested at least once cry

1 Like

Re: Miracles Among God's People! by jaephoenix(m): 8:55am On Jan 04, 2023
Truvelisback:
Scams. Its public knowledge
Re: Miracles Among God's People! by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:10am On Jan 04, 2023
Truvelisback:
They are Scammers because neither JW members nor ur leaders can do the same.

Naaaaaaaaaaaaa!
That's not the point, they're scammers because during COVID-19 they all disappeared only to resurface after the terrible lockdown.
They could have proved their worth by telling the government not to enforce any lockdown and walk straight to the quarantine centers and MIRACULOUSLY heal all COVID-19 patients.

Don't you think that could have made everyone believe in your god instead of arguing shamelessly? undecided

1 Like

Re: Miracles Among God's People! by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:12am On Jan 04, 2023
jaephoenix:

John 14:12
Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and GREATER WORKS than these will he do, because I am going to the Father

You don't know your bible

The highlighted is what you don't understand! wink
Re: Miracles Among God's People! by jaephoenix(m): 9:14am On Jan 04, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

The highlighted is what you don't understand! wink
Pray, explain sir

1 Like

Re: Miracles Among God's People! by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:14am On Jan 04, 2023
jaephoenix:

Youre speaking from both sides of your mouth…. as usual
You only need to ask what i meant just as i do when i don't get your point! wink
Re: Miracles Among God's People! by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:15am On Jan 04, 2023
jaephoenix:

These little ones would have been sexually molested at least once cry
In your nightmare shey? cheesy
Re: Miracles Among God's People! by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:24am On Jan 04, 2023
jaephoenix:

Pray, explain sir

The WORKS Jesus was sent to do isn't Miracles but preaching zealously:

“My food is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his WORK" John 4:34

The WORK Jesus commissioned is preaching and teaching campaign throughout the earth {Act 1:8}
@Jesus only preached within only Israel but JWs have preached throughout the earth!

@Jesus only preached in Hebrew language JWs have preached in more than 1,000 languages!

@Jesus was able to gather just 500 disciples preaching and teaching actively but JWs have gathered well over 8 millions preachers!

@Jesus only had free homes to sleep within Israel but i can travel to more than 240 countries and homes are waiting for me due to the WORKS of JWs!

YES! We have done GREATER WORKS than what Jesus did in his time but all thanks to our God Jehovah who sent Jesus to teach us how to accomplish this huge task! smiley

1 Like

Re: Miracles Among God's People! by jaephoenix(m): 9:28am On Jan 04, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

The WORKS Jesus was sent to do isn't Miracles but preaching zealously:

“My food is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his WORK" John 4:34

The WORK Jesus commissioned is preaching and teaching campaign throughout the earth {Act 1:8}
@Jesus only preached within only Israel but JWs have preached throughout the earth!

@Jesus only preached in Hebrew language JWs have preached in more than 1,000 languages!

@Jesus was able to gather just 500 disciples preaching and teaching actively but JWs have gathered well over 8 millions preachers!

@Jesus only had free homes to sleep within Israel but i can travel to more than 240 countries and homes are waiting for me due to the WORKS of JWs!

YES! We have done GREATER WORKS than what Jesus did in his time but all thanks to our God Jehovah who sent Jesus to teach us how to accomplish this huge task! smiley
Apart from teaching, what else did Jesus do? grin

1 Like

Re: Miracles Among God's People! by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:39am On Jan 04, 2023
jaephoenix:

Apart from teaching, what else did Jesus do? grin

Of course he performed great miraculous signs which no man can perform 1% so understandably that couldn't have been what he meant when he said we will do GREATER WORKS! smiley

1 Like

Re: Miracles Among God's People! by jaephoenix(m): 9:47am On Jan 04, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Of course he performed great miraculous signs which no man can perform 1% so understandably that couldn't have been what he meant when he said we will do GREATER WORKS! smiley
Stop trying to be smart. If his works include preaching the word and performing miracles, that means his people should do much more than that. That's what he means by that verse.
Now whatever is happening today? Fake miracles that only happen on tv and social media.No verifications. Only happens in secrecy. None happens in the hospitals where the actual sick people are found.
Re: Miracles Among God's People! by Truvelisback(m): 9:56am On Jan 04, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Naaaaaaaaaaaaa!
That's not the point, they're scammers because during COVID-19 they all disappeared only to resurface after the terrible lockdown.
They could have proved their worth by telling the government not to enforce any lockdown and walk straight to the quarantine centers and MIRACULOUSLY heal all COVID-19 patients.

Don't you think that could have made everyone believe in your god instead of arguing shamelessly? undecided
What did ur JW people do?

1 Like

Re: Miracles Among God's People! by jaephoenix(m): 10:19am On Jan 04, 2023
Truvelisback:
What did ur JW people do?
Molesting kids and women and hiding it, while presenting to the world that they are saints

1 Like

Re: Miracles Among God's People! by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:38am On Jan 04, 2023
jaephoenix:

Stop trying to be smart. If his works include preaching the word and performing miracles, that means his people should do much more than that. That's what he means by that verse.
Now whatever is happening today? Fake miracles that only happen on tv and social media.No verifications. Only happens in secrecy. None happens in the hospitals where the actual sick people are found.

I've told you what he meant besides the power to perform miracles is restricted to only the Israelites {Matthew 15:24} no single person outside Israel was given the power to perform miracles. Go and make your research before coming to argue with true Christians! wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Right Thinking / Whitney Houston and Micheal Jackson made It To Heaven. / Polygamy Is Not A Sin In Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.