Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,062 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Things You Probably Don't Know About Messi! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Things You Probably Don't Know About Messi! (1947 Views)

See What A 'prophet' Posted Years Ago About Messi Winning The World Cup In 2022 / Ramos Reveals What He Really Thinks About Messi / Ronaldo Makes Shock Claim About Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo's Ballon D'or Wins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things You Probably Don't Know About Messi! by DearGorgeous(f): 10:35pm On Dec 22, 2022
I'm not a football fan, but here is something I found very interesting about Messi.

Those who love football and keep regular updates on football must know Messi.

Messi is the best footballer in the football world. But we don't know everything about it.

Messi earns 900 million euros at the end of the year.

✅ Do you know? 48 percent of UNESCO's charitable trust's income comes from Messi's donations.

Messi has single-handedly built 9847 schools in 189 countries.

✅You will be surprised to hear that he himself bears all the school expenses of 40 million children in the world.

✅ You will be surprised to know that Messi alone bore the majority of the expenses of the Argentina team in the 2018 World Cup.

✅Messi received millions of euros from Barca as a fee, but donated a large part to Barca's youth development project. It is located in La Masia. Messi himself grew up here.

He helps 15 million street children of the world from his charitable trust.

Argentina was the runner-up in the World Cup when Messi was there. He donated the entire money of the runner-up to hospitals in Argentina.

He is the one who said to Israel, I hate those who kill innocent children.

Messi is one of the 50 donors in the world according to a Forbes survey. ⚽�‍♂️

*Copied*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things You Probably Don't Know About Messi! by Softmirror: 10:46pm On Dec 22, 2022
WHAT ABOUT DI MARIA?! TELL US ABOUT HIM TOO.

1 Like

Re: Things You Probably Don't Know About Messi! by DearGorgeous(f): 10:49pm On Dec 22, 2022
Softmirror:

Will research and get back to you on that.
Re: Things You Probably Don't Know About Messi! by chiefolododo(m): 10:54pm On Dec 22, 2022
I prefer Di Maria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things You Probably Don't Know About Messi! by BRIMBRAM: 10:54pm On Dec 22, 2022
Softmirror:

Everybody was shouting Di Maria, calling for the Argentinian Coach's head when Di Maria was substituted at the final. It really is amazing how nobody is talking about him anymore. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Things You Probably Don't Know About Messi! by DearGorgeous(f): 1:27pm On Dec 23, 2022
chiefolododo:
I prefer Di Maria

Why do you prefer him?
Please tell, we pray thee.
Re: Things You Probably Don't Know About Messi! by Iseoluwani: 4:38pm On Dec 23, 2022
DearGorgeous:
I'm not a football fan, but here is something I found very interesting about Messi.

Messi is the best footballer in the football world. But we don't know everything about it.

✅ Do you know? 48 percent of UNESCO's charitable trust's income comes from Messi's donations.

✅You will be surprised to hear that he himself bears all the school expenses of 40 million children in the world.

✅ You will be surprised to know that Messi alone bore the majority of the expenses of the Argentina team in the 2018 World Cup.

✅Messi received millions of euros from Barca as a fee, but donated a large part to Barca's youth development project. It is located in La Masia. Messi himself grew up here.

Argentina was the runner-up in the World Cup when Messi was there. He donated the entire money of the runner-up to hospitals in Argentina.

*Copied*

Messi isn't a donor, tattoo carriers don't donate blood

3 Likes

Re: Things You Probably Don't Know About Messi! by Masterviolence: 4:50pm On Dec 23, 2022
A silent giver

He's so silent you don't know what his next move is.
That's what I like about him.

2 Likes

Re: Things You Probably Don't Know About Messi! by DearGorgeous(f): 5:47pm On Dec 23, 2022
Iseoluwani:

Really? I've learned something new from your comment. Thank you.
Re: Things You Probably Don't Know About Messi! by DearGorgeous(f): 5:48pm On Dec 23, 2022
Masterviolence:
I silent giver

He's so silent you don't know what his next move is.
That's what I like about him.

Yes, he isn't a noise maker.
Re: Things You Probably Don't Know About Messi! by Iseoluwani: 8:54pm On Dec 23, 2022
DearGorgeous:

Really? I've learned something new from your comment. Thank you.

Ronaldo is a regular donor and that's the major reason he has no tattoo

1 Like

Re: Things You Probably Don't Know About Messi! by chiefolododo(m): 8:59pm On Dec 23, 2022
DearGorgeous:

Why do you prefer him?
Please tell, we pray thee.
he has been the one carrying Argentina in real sense, he is the main guy, the key passes, the dribbles, the goals( remember Olympic 2005, he was the one that scored the winning goal) , not just some undeserved penalties. If they play for Di Maria the way they play for Messi, you would see what I am saying clearly.

1 Like

Re: Things You Probably Don't Know About Messi! by Faithti(m): 9:18pm On Dec 23, 2022
Iseoluwani:

there are many types of donors. The OP is talking about money donations while you are talking about BLOOD DONATIONS.
Re: Things You Probably Don't Know About Messi! by DearGorgeous(f): 10:07pm On Dec 23, 2022
Iseoluwani:

Ronaldo is a regular donor and that's the major reason he has no tattoo

Wow! Now, I know. I like them because they're more of charity than flaunting their wealth.

1 Like

Re: Things You Probably Don't Know About Messi! by DearGorgeous(f): 10:11pm On Dec 23, 2022
chiefolododo:
he has been the one carrying Argentina in real sense, he is the main guy, the key passes, the dribbles, the goals( remember Olympic 2005, he was the one that scored the winning goal) , not just some undeserved penalties. If they play for Di Maria the way they play for Messi, you would see what I am saying clearly.

That's the game of football for you. Accolades go more to the scorer than to the player that defeated everyone out there in the pitch, to pass to his teammate who later scores.

It's an unappreciated effort. I pray he's recognized and celebrated one day like he should.
Re: Things You Probably Don't Know About Messi! by pquaver(m): 2:20am On Dec 24, 2022
Iseoluwani:

Ignorance.. Oga tattoo or no tattoo u can donate blood. Update your information bank
Re: Things You Probably Don't Know About Messi! by OJEEMAH(m): 3:38am On Dec 24, 2022
chiefolododo:
Where was Di Maria when Messi breathe life into the team with that screamer from outside the box and a beautiful assist to make it 2-0 against Mexico in the group stage?

Where was he when Argentina needed to claim all 3 points against Poland to qualify?

In the round of 16, where was he when Messi drove the team past Australia with a beautiful goal?

In the quarter final, where was he when Messi set up Alvarez for the first goal and also scored a penalty to make it 2-0 against Netherlands?

In the semis, where was he when Messi gave them the lead from the spot and also drove past few players to supply assist for Alvarez to score the third goal against Croatia?

Away from World Cup, where was he when Argentina was struggling to qualify for 2018 World Cup without Messi?

Messi had to come out of retirement to score a hattrick against Ecuador that qualified Argentina for 2018 World Cup.

Where was he when Argentina lost back 2 back Copa America final?

Even the 2007 Olympic final you mentioned, who assisted the goal with a sublime pass?

Talking about key passes, dribbles and goals, I can boldly say you know nothing. Just go and check stats before typing next time.

According to you, they play for Messi yet he has the highest assists and still top the goal chart in every competition they have featured.

Just so you know, Argentina scored 12goals in Copa America last year. Messi contributed 9 out of the 12goals. He scored 5goals and contributed 4 assist.

Your sense is reasoning is beclouded by your hatred for Messi.

5 Likes

Re: Things You Probably Don't Know About Messi! by SodiumValproate: 3:41am On Dec 24, 2022
OJEEMAH:
Where was Di Maria when Messi breathe life into the team with that screamer from outside the box and a beautiful assist to make it 2-0 against Mexico in the group stage?

Where was he when Argentina needed to claim all 3 points against Poland to qualify?

In the round of 16, where was he when Messi drove the team past Australia with a beautiful goal?

In the quarter final, where was he when Messi set up Alvarez for the first goal and also scored a penalty to make it 2-0 against Netherlands?

In the semis, where was he when Messi gave them the lead from the spot and also drove past few players to supply assist for Alvarez to score the third goal against Croatia?

Away from World Cup, where was he when Argentina was struggling to qualify for 2018 World Cup without Messi?

Messi had to come out of retirement to score a hattrick against Ecuador that qualified Argentina for 2018 World Cup.

Even the 2007 Olympic final you mentioned, who assisted the goal with a sublime pass?

Talking about key passes, dribbles and goals, I can boldly say you know nothing. Just go and check stats before typing next time.

According to you, they play for Messi yet he has the highest assists and still top the goal chart in every competition they have featured.

Just so you know, Argentina scored 12goals in Copa America last year. Messi contributed 9 out of the 12goals. He scored 5goals and contributed 4 assist.

No need for long epistles for bitter-leaf juice drinking Penaldo fans.

They don't have the wits to assimilate. cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Probably Don't Know About Messi! by OJEEMAH(m): 8:09am On Dec 24, 2022
SodiumValproate:

No need for long epistles for bitter-leaf juice drinking Penaldo fans.

They don't have the wits to assimilate. cool
Aswear. These guys are really funny. Always looking for ways to downplay Messi’s effort and contribution.

2 Likes

Re: Things You Probably Don't Know About Messi! by chiefolododo(m): 8:45am On Dec 24, 2022
OJEEMAH:

in short Messi is the only person doing everything

1 Like

Re: Things You Probably Don't Know About Messi! by OJEEMAH(m): 9:34am On Dec 24, 2022
chiefolododo:
in short Messi is the only person doing everything
You are just a typical Ronaldo fanboy. Talk without facts to back your claim.

Chief Olodo!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Probably Don't Know About Messi! by chiefolododo(m): 9:38am On Dec 24, 2022
OJEEMAH:

Chief Olodo!
Shun Cultism
Re: Things You Probably Don't Know About Messi! by Numerouno94(m): 11:27pm On Dec 24, 2022
OJEEMAH:

Chief Olodo!

The chief Olodo gat me laughing loud. Bro uself get PhD in vawulence.grin

That moniker is one of the most dumbest Pendu fan girl.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things You Probably Don't Know About Messi! by OJEEMAH(m): 9:55am On Dec 25, 2022
Numerouno94:

The chief Olodo gat me laughing loud. Bro uself get PhD in vawulence.grin

That moniker is one of the most dumbest Pendu fan girl.
Penaldians seem to have lost their sense of reasoning.
Re: Things You Probably Don't Know About Messi! by chiefolododo(m): 5:29pm On Dec 25, 2022
OJEEMAH:

Chief Olodo!
you are very immature. I disagree with you,Messi is not my favorite, it is Di Maria, if I don't agree with you doesn't mean you should insult me. Learn to respect someone's else choices.
Re: Things You Probably Don't Know About Messi! by MorataFC: 5:45pm On Dec 25, 2022
€900m a year?
I doubt it.
Re: Things You Probably Don't Know About Messi! by Holiness1: 6:22pm On Dec 25, 2022
So many people today have made Messi and Ronaldo their gods who they worship ignorantly.To the extent that they can fight cos of either Messi or Ronaldo.Why have you guys made these people idols in your hearts?Brethren,being a fan of Messi or Ronaldo is not bad or sin,but there should be boundaries.These guys don't even know that you exist somewhere in Africa.Lets be wise.
Re: Things You Probably Don't Know About Messi! by OJEEMAH(m): 8:09pm On Dec 25, 2022
chiefolododo:
you are very immature. I disagree with you,Messi is not my favorite, it is Di Maria, if I don't agree with you doesn't mean you should insult me. Learn to respect someone's else choices.
You didn’t have to downplay Messi’s achievements to uplift Di-Maria.

And you are not under any form of compulsion to accept my choice but if you must criticize, ensure you have facts to back your claim.

As a Ronaldo fanboy, your initial comment depicts hatred for Messi.

Merry Christmas

1 Like

Re: Things You Probably Don't Know About Messi! by reccy(m): 6:20am On Dec 26, 2022
DearGorgeous:

*Copied*

How many countries do we have in the world?

I doubt this !
Re: Things You Probably Don't Know About Messi! by chiefolododo(m): 11:21am On Dec 26, 2022
OJEEMAH:
You didn’t have to downplay Messi’s achievements to uplift Di-Maria.

And you are not under any form of compulsion to accept my choice but if you must criticize, ensure you have facts to back your claim.

As a Ronaldo fanboy, your initial comment depicts hatred for Messi.

Merry Christmas

(1) (Reply)

Who Is The Most Overated Footballer You Know / Fc Barcelona Is The Club Of The Century. / Liverpool FC Bought By Businessmen (Like Chelsea)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.