Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,151 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

Fresh ANAP/NOI Poll Skewed To Encourage Peter Obi’s Supporters – APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fresh ANAP/NOI Poll Skewed To Encourage Peter Obi’s Supporters – APC (15048 Views)

2023 Presidential Election: Tinubu Leading In Latest NOI Poll / NOI Poll: We’ve Been Using Same Methodology Since 2015, Anap Foundation Replies / Obi Leads Tinubu, Atiku, Kwankwaso In Fresh ANAP Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fresh ANAP/NOI Poll Skewed To Encourage Peter Obi’s Supporters – APC by Naijalarry: 11:38pm On Dec 22, 2022
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has faulted a fresh poll conducted by NOI Polls Limited which put the 2023 presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), Peter Obi ahead of APC’s Bola Tinubu and two other frontline candidates.

The new poll commissioned by Anap Foundation led by Atedo Peterside is “deliberately skewed” to encourage Obi’s supporters whose enthusiasms have waned in recent times, said Festus Keyamo in a statement sent to Channels Television on Thursday night.

Keyamo, who is the Chief Spokesperson for the Tinubu/Shettima Presidential Campaign Council, also faulted the medium through which the poll was conducted.

Anap Foundation had on Wednesday released its second poll concluded in December which showed that participants and potential voters preferred Obi to Tinubu; Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP); and Rabiu Kwankwaso of the New Nigeria People’s Party (NNPP).

Peterside had said Obi has 23 percent, Tinubu scored 13, Atiku got 10 and Kwankwaso polled 2 percent in the fresh poll released in December.

He had also said mobile phones were the instruments used to conduct the poll because of increased mobile phone penetration in the country, adding that a large percentage of people are undecided.

Anap Foundation had released a similar poll in September in which Obi also led the other 17 candidates in the race for Aso Rock’s top job in 2023.

However, Keyamo, on Thursday, labeled Anap’s poll concluded at the end of December a “fallacy” with many unanswered questions.

Read full statement:

THURSDAY, DECEMBER 22, 2022

THE FALACY OF THE SO-CALLED ANAP FOUNDATION POLL

BY FESTUS KEYAMO, SAN

There is no need to join issues with or analyse this fallacious polls any further once you see the methodology by which the polls was conducted: according to Atedo Peterside, it was ONLY by phone that it was conducted because of the ‘insecurity’ across the country. They did not conduct a person-to-person enquiry.

QUESTIONS: (1.) How did they ascertain the phone numbers of those who reside or are registered in a particular State? (2) If it is from the INEC register (was it made available to them?) how did they ascertain those that have collected their PVCs and are eligible to vote, since collection of PVC just began? (3). Assuming the INEC register was not made available to them, and they randomly sampled opinions by phone numbers and asked people to state their locations or where they are registered to vote, what gave them the assurance that respondents truthfully stated their locations? (4). It is a fact that many people in Nigeria have two to three phone numbers; if so, how sure are they that many respondents did not respond by different phone numbers that they may have? (5). It is also true that millions of under 18-year-olds have access to phones in Nigeria and the world, how did they ascertain the ages of those responding to their supposed enquiries?

Many unanswered questions. In all, in a complex country like Nigeria, anything short of a person-to-person polling, including harvesting enquiries from far flung rural areas and in local languages, is a complete exercise in futility.

Finally, my considered opinion is that this poll is deliberately skewed to encourage the supporters of a particular candidate whose enthusiasms have waned in recent times in the face of the hard realities they have seen on the ground on the campaign trail.

Source: https://www.channelstv.com/2022/12/22/fresh-anap-poll-skewed-to-encourage-obis-supporters-apc/

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fresh ANAP/NOI Poll Skewed To Encourage Peter Obi’s Supporters – APC by Eriokanmi: 11:40pm On Dec 22, 2022
Op, do your own poll and give us your findings. Please be sincere with your data. I just returned from Abuja by 7pm Dana flight which was supposed to have taken off around 5:45pm but was delayed. Abuja airport witnessed an unprecedented crowd today. People were standing, no seats left. Obi's discussions rented the air. Most people I also polled in town said they're voting Peter Obi. The driver that dropped me off at the airport who hails from the middle belt said its obi. He even showed me a Whatsapp group called obidient movements. Tinubu and Atiku aren't popular in abuja which is why I trust in the recent ANAP polls. Obi's acceptance in most places was similar to baba's acceptance in 2015.

I've chosen not to respond to some myopic comments anymore. I read earlier today where urchins mocked rivers campaign turnout, saying edo crowd was the largest. Whereas, Edo campaign rally took place on a Saturday when civil servants and other salary earners were available to attend. Is it possible for Rivers civil servants to leave their jobs and attend a rally on a work day? What of bankers, students, lecturers, salary earners etc? If most of Obi's rallies were held on a Saturday, especially in places where he gains massive support, the crowd would be uncontrollable. Hearing that p-square was coming alone would have pulled more crowd.

That said, instead of attacking and insultng people in their usual habit, this is the best time for urchins to work harder for Emilokan, especially in the core north cos apc is losing members in large number daily. That's what they need to ponder upon, not obidients who have already made up their minds.

404 Likes 34 Shares

Re: Fresh ANAP/NOI Poll Skewed To Encourage Peter Obi’s Supporters – APC by youngmd: 11:43pm On Dec 22, 2022
But u praise d one of 2015

162 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Fresh ANAP/NOI Poll Skewed To Encourage Peter Obi’s Supporters – APC by Abdul05: 11:44pm On Dec 22, 2022
If it is that forget obituaries. ...

Zombidients' keypad warriors are always purse and alert on phone 24/7

to counter any move from opposition. grin grin

Even if kanu contested with buhari on air today.

Omo! Forget kanu will win... cheesy grin

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fresh ANAP/NOI Poll Skewed To Encourage Peter Obi’s Supporters – APC by Pauldollars(m): 11:45pm On Dec 22, 2022
4yrs course for 4yrs job.
7yrs course for 7yrs job.
(Bola Ahmed Tinubu)

Does Festus Keyamo think Nigerians are daft, stupid and blind to vote for APC again? grin

The All Progressive Congress and its campaign spokespersons are just pained that Nigerians have dumped them. Whatever relevance the APC has now, ends with President Muhammadu Buhari whose tenure expires 2023.

160 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Fresh ANAP/NOI Poll Skewed To Encourage Peter Obi’s Supporters – APC by youngmd: 11:50pm On Dec 22, 2022
If it is not in eir favor it's rubbish but when it's in eir favor then d poll is telling d minds of Nigerians

Cry more river Niger still need more water

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fresh ANAP/NOI Poll Skewed To Encourage Peter Obi’s Supporters – APC by Nukilia: 11:51pm On Dec 22, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Op, do your own poll and give us your findings. Please be sincere with your data. I just returned from Abuja by 7pm Dana flight which was supposed to have taken off around 5:45pm but was delayed. Abuja airport witnessed an unprecedented crowd today. People were standing, no seats left. Obi's discussions rented the air. Most people I also polled in town said they're voting Peter Obi

Never argue with roasted corn footsoldiers

109 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Fresh ANAP/NOI Poll Skewed To Encourage Peter Obi’s Supporters – APC by Jnkay: 11:53pm On Dec 22, 2022
Isokuso and asiwere APC government who have impoverished Nigerians.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fresh ANAP/NOI Poll Skewed To Encourage Peter Obi’s Supporters – APC by Plus10(m): 11:53pm On Dec 22, 2022
The poll really made alots of APC supporters went mad grin grin

101 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Fresh ANAP/NOI Poll Skewed To Encourage Peter Obi’s Supporters – APC by 00FFT00(m): 11:54pm On Dec 22, 2022
Confusion don enter their life.
Una never see anything cheesy grin

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fresh ANAP/NOI Poll Skewed To Encourage Peter Obi’s Supporters – APC by tinsel: 11:58pm On Dec 22, 2022
50 percent in South east and 50 percent in South south. With this high percentage in these two zones, the poll average will definitely give Obi the lead. But the issue- is this 50 percent in the south east enough to counter one state in the north?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fresh ANAP/NOI Poll Skewed To Encourage Peter Obi’s Supporters – APC by Tinubuadvocate: 12:01am On Dec 23, 2022
Keyamo self not all issues you will just releasing press . honestly I think ffk would have done a good job as a chief spokesman for campaign organization.

This online vote look like a childish to me.

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fresh ANAP/NOI Poll Skewed To Encourage Peter Obi’s Supporters – APC by Polchiz(m): 12:06am On Dec 23, 2022
tinsel:
50 percent in South east and 50 percent in South south. With this high percentage in these two zones, the poll average will definitely give Obi the lead. But the issue- is this 50 percent in the south east enough to counter one state in the north?
Obi led with 23% and the voting strength of each region was considered.

Obi led in 3 zones: SS, SE, and NC.

64 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Fresh ANAP/NOI Poll Skewed To Encourage Peter Obi’s Supporters – APC by Eriokanmi: 12:10am On Dec 23, 2022
tinsel:
No Block votes coming from the North this time for anybody , as enjoyed by buhari in 2015 and 2019 respectively. Atiku, tinubu and Obi will share northern votes next year. Lagos is another interesting state to look out for

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fresh ANAP/NOI Poll Skewed To Encourage Peter Obi’s Supporters – APC by Penguin2: 12:24am On Dec 23, 2022
I would rather believe ANAP Foundation than believe Festus Keyamo.

APC urchins are now moving mad. Everywhere don choke.

76 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Fresh ANAP/NOI Poll Skewed To Encourage Peter Obi’s Supporters – APC by JoeNL22(m): 8:27am On Dec 23, 2022
Lol
Obi is cumin

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fresh ANAP/NOI Poll Skewed To Encourage Peter Obi’s Supporters – APC by TheNiceGuy(m): 8:31am On Dec 23, 2022
I'm still disturbed by some people thinking Obi can win Presidency? Like how? How will it happen grin

This is delusion
stuffs2002:

It is the mkporu mirri that is giving them such MAD thoughts
No wonder

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fresh ANAP/NOI Poll Skewed To Encourage Peter Obi’s Supporters – APC by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 23, 2022
Only the uninformed would rejoice at that "Polls" result. Atedo Peterside was only trying to shore up the low fortunes of his friend.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fresh ANAP/NOI Poll Skewed To Encourage Peter Obi’s Supporters – APC by DropsMic(m): 8:31am On Dec 23, 2022
Na Clowns full APC

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fresh ANAP/NOI Poll Skewed To Encourage Peter Obi’s Supporters – APC by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 23, 2022
This poll really hit hard on Apc,in 2015 it favored them, 2019,it favored them,now they,
Are complaining, tinubu can never be Buhari.
Tinubu will be disgraced at the poll next year.

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fresh ANAP/NOI Poll Skewed To Encourage Peter Obi’s Supporters – APC by Racoon(m): 8:32am On Dec 23, 2022
Same poll that have previously predicted victory for the APC in the time past and they won accordingly? Very stupid clownish bunch of pained assholes.

"Sometimes, people dont want to hear the truth because they dont want their illusions destroyed."
-Friedrich Nietzsche.

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fresh ANAP/NOI Poll Skewed To Encourage Peter Obi’s Supporters – APC by money121(m): 8:32am On Dec 23, 2022
Ok
Re: Fresh ANAP/NOI Poll Skewed To Encourage Peter Obi’s Supporters – APC by TheNiceGuy(m): 8:33am On Dec 23, 2022
My Edo brother, this is height of Delusional grandeur grin
Eriokanmi:
Op, do your own poll and give us your findings. Please be sincere with your data. I just returned from Abuja by 7pm Dana flight which was supposed to have taken off around 5:45pm but was delayed. Abuja airport witnessed an unprecedented crowd today. People were standing, no seats left. Obi's discussions rented the air. Most people I also polled in town said they're voting Peter Obi. The driver that dropped me off at the airport who hails from the middle belt said its obi. He even showed me a Whatsapp group called obidient movements. Tinubu and Atiku aren't popular in abuja which is why I trust in the recent ANAP polls. Obi's acceptance in most places was similar to baba's acceptance in 2015.

I've chosen not to respond to some myopic comments anymore. I read earlier today where urchins mocked rivers campaign turnout, saying edo crowd was the largest. Whereas, Edo campaign rally took place on a Saturday when civil servants and other salary earners were available to attend. Is it possible for Rivers civil servants to leave their jobs and attend a rally on a work day? What of bankers, students, lecturers, salary earners etc? If most of Obi's rallies were held on a Saturday, especially in places where he gains massive support, the crowd would be uncontrollable. Hearing that p-square was coming alone would have pulled more crowd.

That said, instead of attacking and insultng people in their usually habit, this is the best time for urchins to work harder for Emilokan, especially in the core north cos apc is losing members in large number daily. That's what they need to ponder upon, not obidients who have already made up their minds.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fresh ANAP/NOI Poll Skewed To Encourage Peter Obi’s Supporters – APC by Biggie999(m): 8:33am On Dec 23, 2022
More tears to urchins

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fresh ANAP/NOI Poll Skewed To Encourage Peter Obi’s Supporters – APC by Joevics(m): 8:33am On Dec 23, 2022
But the poll wasn't skewed in 2015, and 2019 when it predicted Buhari to win?

The poll has been correct since 2011. Stop crying.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fresh ANAP/NOI Poll Skewed To Encourage Peter Obi’s Supporters – APC by crossfm: 8:34am On Dec 23, 2022
Hehehe .

This poll really got to these guys,so much tears and gnashing of teeth grin.

As we da plainty e da pain them as e da pain them e da sweet us.

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fresh ANAP/NOI Poll Skewed To Encourage Peter Obi’s Supporters – APC by azpekuliar: 8:34am On Dec 23, 2022
All I know is ANAP has called every presidential election correctly since 2011. They have even delved into polling state elections recently and still called Osun and Ekiti elections right.
That said how come the South-West has the highest percentage of respondents (38%) who did not want to reveal the candidate they intend to vote for? I find that very very interesting.

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fresh ANAP/NOI Poll Skewed To Encourage Peter Obi’s Supporters – APC by TheNiceGuy(m): 8:34am On Dec 23, 2022
Chief Wailer, anger yield nothing, don't be angry.

Deep down your heart you know Obi can NEVER win but you just have to keep massaging that ego
Racoon:
Same poll that have previously predicted victory for the same APC and the won accordingly? Very stupid clownish bunch of assholes.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fresh ANAP/NOI Poll Skewed To Encourage Peter Obi’s Supporters – APC by blamingthedevil: 8:35am On Dec 23, 2022
God Bless Nairaland, the incoming President Bola Tinubu is already being addressed President

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fresh ANAP/NOI Poll Skewed To Encourage Peter Obi’s Supporters – APC by Aboguede(m): 8:35am On Dec 23, 2022
This Obi na headache for many urchins shocked

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fresh ANAP/NOI Poll Skewed To Encourage Peter Obi’s Supporters – APC by arantess: 8:36am On Dec 23, 2022
Eriokanmi:

That said, instead of attacking and insultng people in their usually habit, this is the best time for urchins to work harder for Emilokan, especially in the core north cos apc is losing members in large number daily. That's what they need to ponder upon, not obidients who have already made up their minds.
They will call you IPOB or flat head now

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fuel Hike: NLC Protests In Asaba, Delta State / Protest Photos: Worker Carries Placard Changing APC To “Al Promises Cancelled" / Obiano’s Overrated Fly-over Bridges Already Collapsing, Be Careful While Using.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.