Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,219 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Deduct Over-voting, Adeleke Still Won, Forensic Expert Tells Tribunal - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deduct Over-voting, Adeleke Still Won, Forensic Expert Tells Tribunal (19583 Views)

Dawisu To Akeredolu: A Northerner Still Won Despite Your Noise / Subsidy: NNPC May Deduct Over ₦1 Trilion From FAAC In Six Months / APC Has No House Of Assembly Member In Imo State And Uzodinma Still Won (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deduct Over-voting, Adeleke Still Won, Forensic Expert Tells Tribunal by olat70(m): 1:28pm On Dec 23, 2022
The law says anywhere there is over voting,the entire vote there should be cancel;you know next to nothing.
E go shock u and them o

1 Like

Re: Deduct Over-voting, Adeleke Still Won, Forensic Expert Tells Tribunal by Alawode01(m): 1:32pm On Dec 23, 2022
Fake report
Re: Deduct Over-voting, Adeleke Still Won, Forensic Expert Tells Tribunal by Alawode01(m): 1:43pm On Dec 23, 2022
banjul01:
People, u need to get this right. Over voting in this era of BVAS is not necessarily the dirty work of the politicians. It may occur as a result of negligence from the PO, ARO1 and ARO2.
If they are not careful enough when using the BVAS, over voting may occur.
During accreditation, BVAS and voters register are used. If ARO 1/2 the INEC official in charge of BVAS doesnt complete the voters accrediatation and allows the voter to proceed for manual accreditation and then voting, this will automatically leads to over voting.
At the end of the election, the people that vote will be more than the voters accredited with BVAS.
PO, ARO1 n 2 need to work together with extreme vigilance during elections to avoid over voting.
, either Po,or Apo1 that makes mistake there is no excuse of the ignorant of the law, that why they were training to do the job, no accreditation is voild and over voting is cancellation, that is what is in electoral Act 2022

2 Likes

Re: Deduct Over-voting, Adeleke Still Won, Forensic Expert Tells Tribunal by Prince111111: 1:44pm On Dec 23, 2022
Elemosho478:

Idiot like you calling people better than you idiot.

You are the empty brain here that couldn't deduced my comment.

I will explain my comment again to help your low IQ

I said if it was indeed true that there was overvoting and it is established with verifiable evidence, the election could be nullify base on that irregularity and illegality alone. If you still can't understand that blame your low IQ
your semantics are bad
Re: Deduct Over-voting, Adeleke Still Won, Forensic Expert Tells Tribunal by Tradman: 1:46pm On Dec 23, 2022
WonderManly:
You see... Won tun ti lulẹ.

Re: Deduct Over-voting, Adeleke Still Won, Forensic Expert Tells Tribunal by basadenet: 1:46pm On Dec 23, 2022
Elemosho478:
I believe the election can still be nullify and rerun declare because of that illegality.
That can only happen in your wildest dream and not in reality. A moving has gone pass and there is nothing that can be done to bring it back..
Re: Deduct Over-voting, Adeleke Still Won, Forensic Expert Tells Tribunal by muykem: 1:49pm On Dec 23, 2022
duro4chang:
My disappointment is that the so called BVAS can still Bleep up. It means by next year we are going to have issue with it and many people will take advantage of it .
You are a great thinker. If the winner can agreed that there's over voting at all, then I am beginning to doubt the so called BVAS.

4 Likes

Re: Deduct Over-voting, Adeleke Still Won, Forensic Expert Tells Tribunal by basadenet: 1:49pm On Dec 23, 2022
olat70:
The law says anywhere there is over voting,the entire vote there should be cancel;you know next to nothing.
E go shock u and them o
Yes your right, but even if they cancelled the total vote in that ward, it will still not invalidate the result.
Re: Deduct Over-voting, Adeleke Still Won, Forensic Expert Tells Tribunal by SALLYBERRY01(m): 1:58pm On Dec 23, 2022
Oyetola should congratulate adeleke he has no tangible case against him.
Re: Deduct Over-voting, Adeleke Still Won, Forensic Expert Tells Tribunal by adee17: 2:02pm On Dec 23, 2022
They can only cancel the 6 units where the over-voting was detected. Then, they will recalculate and subject the remaining results to electoral act. They cannot cancel the whole election because of over-voting in 6 units of 3763 units. Of course, this indicates substantial compliance with 2022 electoral act. So, the election results stand.
basadenet:

Yes your right, but even if they cancelled the total vote in that ward, it will still not invalidate the result.

2 Likes

Re: Deduct Over-voting, Adeleke Still Won, Forensic Expert Tells Tribunal by Highremedy: 2:44pm On Dec 23, 2022
Even if dem commot APC total votes cast from his ow he will still win.
APC should keep on playing
Re: Deduct Over-voting, Adeleke Still Won, Forensic Expert Tells Tribunal by Rebelutionary: 3:22pm On Dec 23, 2022
duro4chang:
My disappointment is that the so called BVAS can still Bleep up. It means by next year we are going to have issue with it and many people will take advantage of it .
My brother ur head get oil! People casually dismiss this and just say what this thread reads but what will happen in a grand scale presidential election that involves wards from 36 states. INEC should do something about this instead of grandstanding about how impregnable their system is because politicians will be politicians!

E go b like film and this BVAS will be shelved by the time the irregulaty become widespread.

2 Likes

Re: Deduct Over-voting, Adeleke Still Won, Forensic Expert Tells Tribunal by duro4chang(m): 3:24pm On Dec 23, 2022
Rebelutionary:

My brother ur head get oil! People casually dismiss this and just say what this thread reads but what will happen in a grand scale presidential election that involves wards from 36 states. INEC should do something about this instead of grandstanding about how impregnable their system is because politicians will be politicians!

E go b like film and this BVAS will be shelved by the time the irregulaty become widespread.
I am happy you understand what I am saying.
Re: Deduct Over-voting, Adeleke Still Won, Forensic Expert Tells Tribunal by tunapawizzy: 3:27pm On Dec 23, 2022
Elemosho478:
I believe the election can still be nullify and rerun declare because of that illegality.
That's not how it works.....A rerun is possible Only if affected numbers can realistically affect the overall outcome.....
That's why the court will use numbers...court checks the total votes cast in the polling units affected, then checks the number of excess votes. Now Imagine the excess votes is 500, you should not call for a rerun if the winner already won the election with say 10000. Because even if you remove all the 500 excess votes from the winner, he will still be the winner.
Re: Deduct Over-voting, Adeleke Still Won, Forensic Expert Tells Tribunal by Amayabor1: 3:33pm On Dec 23, 2022
Elemosho478:

Keep believing. You don't even know how election work. There is no election in the world that is 100% perfect, even in developed countries. Even if there is evidence of over voting for Adeleke and they remove those votes and Adeleke still has more votes than Oyetola, the court can't over turn the election.
Re: Deduct Over-voting, Adeleke Still Won, Forensic Expert Tells Tribunal by pfadom: 3:34pm On Dec 23, 2022
Are INEC officials playing around this BVAS? 2023 General Elections are on my mind.
Re: Deduct Over-voting, Adeleke Still Won, Forensic Expert Tells Tribunal by Rebelutionary: 3:36pm On Dec 23, 2022
duro4chang:
I am happy you understand what I am saying.
Seriously, very few people are seeing the precedence that this is setting...like we say in Nigeria...when we reach that bridge we go cross am...t is well
Re: Deduct Over-voting, Adeleke Still Won, Forensic Expert Tells Tribunal by adee17: 3:58pm On Dec 23, 2022
I personally understand your point but with BVAS, any over-voting in the general election will be easily detected.
INEC themselves cannot change what's in the BVAS without leaving a trace compared to when what was needed before which was just to tick the register in INEC office to match up with the votes they have allocated. The problem is not BVAS but personnel and fortunately BVAS will show the collusion or errors of personnel on the election day if it happens at all. BVAS would have won the election for PDP and Atiku in 2019.
Rebelutionary:

Seriously, very few people are seeing the precedence that this is setting...like we say in Nigeria...when we reach that bridge we go cross am...t is well
Re: Deduct Over-voting, Adeleke Still Won, Forensic Expert Tells Tribunal by daviddext: 4:09pm On Dec 23, 2022
It looks like every party did over voting and he still won when it was removed from every parties vote.
Re: Deduct Over-voting, Adeleke Still Won, Forensic Expert Tells Tribunal by WonderManly(m): 4:12pm On Dec 23, 2022
[quote author=Tradman post=119373293][/quote]

Can you just listen to your self... Does my comment sound like someone supporting Tinubu?
Mtcheewww...

Re: Deduct Over-voting, Adeleke Still Won, Forensic Expert Tells Tribunal by WonderManly(m): 4:14pm On Dec 23, 2022
cool shocked shocked sad angry
Re: Deduct Over-voting, Adeleke Still Won, Forensic Expert Tells Tribunal by Aiel123: 4:19pm On Dec 23, 2022
duro4chang:
Over voting can still take place even with BVAS? IT IS FINISHED!
You had your hopes high before? cool
Re: Deduct Over-voting, Adeleke Still Won, Forensic Expert Tells Tribunal by duro4chang(m): 4:23pm On Dec 23, 2022
Aiel123:
You had your hopes high before? cool
Yes
Re: Deduct Over-voting, Adeleke Still Won, Forensic Expert Tells Tribunal by Aiel123: 4:28pm On Dec 23, 2022
Many thanks to modcaller and adee17 for explaining how an election works. ( Bvas and personnel explanation) You guys did a great job.
Garfield1 ... you was right
Re: Deduct Over-voting, Adeleke Still Won, Forensic Expert Tells Tribunal by Aiel123: 4:33pm On Dec 23, 2022
duro4chang:
Yes
Well, your hopes isn't crushed.
From what Modcaller posited here,the fault must have been from the inec personnel (He mentioned PO,ARO1 and ARO2) and not the bvas machine.
The bvas helps to detect errors.And help sanitize the voting system.
We might be in for the fairest polls ever in the history of Nigeria in 2023.
Re: Deduct Over-voting, Adeleke Still Won, Forensic Expert Tells Tribunal by duro4chang(m): 4:39pm On Dec 23, 2022
Aiel123:

Well, your hopes isn't crushed.
From what Modcaller posited here,the fault must have been from the inec personnel (He mentioned PO,ARO1 and ARO2) and not the bvas machine.
The bvas helps to detect errors.And help sanitize the voting system.
We might be in for the fairest polls ever in the history of Nigeria in 2023.
Then it is certain that something like this or worse than this will happen.
Re: Deduct Over-voting, Adeleke Still Won, Forensic Expert Tells Tribunal by Aiel123: 4:52pm On Dec 23, 2022
duro4chang:
Then it is certain that something like this or worse than this will happen.
You can't rule out the possibility...
Re: Deduct Over-voting, Adeleke Still Won, Forensic Expert Tells Tribunal by Mrmb: 5:37pm On Dec 23, 2022
dre11:

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/deduct-over-voting-adeleke-still-won-forensic-expert-tells-tribunal/

For over voting to have occurred, it shows the election wasn't free and fair....
Re: Deduct Over-voting, Adeleke Still Won, Forensic Expert Tells Tribunal by dochenaj: 6:45pm On Dec 23, 2022
Namzy:
So how did the over voting come about? That's a serious security flaw, and puts BVAS into question
Over voting has nothing to do with BVAS actually.

Actually it is the BVAs that makes the over voting an issue. Because the number of counted ballots is more than the number of people accredited by BVAs. So somehow, unaccredited ballots made their way into the ballot box (basically ballot stuffing)

While I am not very versed with the BVAS, there could be a simple way of accrediting the ballots too with the BVAS such that during counting only ballots that have been authenticated with the BVAS are adjudged as valid and counted while the others are discarded as illegal ballots.
Re: Deduct Over-voting, Adeleke Still Won, Forensic Expert Tells Tribunal by Tradman: 7:25pm On Dec 23, 2022
WonderManly:

Can you just listen to your self... Does my comment sound like someone supporting Tinubu?
Mtcheewww...
No bro
Re: Deduct Over-voting, Adeleke Still Won, Forensic Expert Tells Tribunal by Newton2024: 7:41pm On Dec 23, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
Mumu the law says you cancel where there is over voting
Definitely, you lack understanding. Even the topic is clear enough.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adams Oshiomhole Speaks On Tambuwal's Defection (Video) / Malami Denies Ordering Raid On Justice Odili's Home / Candidates Protest Exclusion From Presidential Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.