Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,033 members, 7,828,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

One Die, Four Injured After Truck Fell On Cars In Lagos (Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / One Die, Four Injured After Truck Fell On Cars In Lagos (Photos) (29632 Views)

Moment A Heavy Duty Truck Fell On A Bad Nigerian Highway (pics/video) / The Moment A Container Truck Fell And Crushed An SUV (Disturbing Video) / Many Cows Dead After Truck Veered Off Highway And Crashed Into A Bush. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Die, Four Injured After Truck Fell On Cars In Lagos (Photos) by Josepholuwaseun: 7:51pm On Dec 23, 2022
JasonScoolari:
Kindly tell us the real gist Oga.

Oga lemme tell you ..na dah yellow bus cause everything..so no dey put mouth for wetin you no know
Re: One Die, Four Injured After Truck Fell On Cars In Lagos (Photos) by OLULAW: 8:26pm On Dec 23, 2022
Lawless country. Alcoholic drinks and drugs are openly sold at car parks, drivers get drunk and high on class A drugs before getting behind the wheels, most drivers never passed a driving test - in fact, there is no systems in place to facilitate driving tests, no mechanisms in place to suspend people from driving on public roads, no MOT system in place to ascertain vehicles plying the roads are safe to do so. What sort of society is that? Yet, some idiots parade themselves as political leaders, overseeing organised chaos. Tinubu the drug baron has a mission to become the next president of this banana republic but has no vision. Atiku, the Chadian was VP for 2 terms, he achieved nothing tangible. Nigeria is irrevocably doomed. You guys are daily living and walking through valley of the shadow of death. May the soul of the departed rest in peace! What a terrible news in the running up to Christmas and New Year celebrations.
Re: One Die, Four Injured After Truck Fell On Cars In Lagos (Photos) by SugarGirl44(f): 8:37pm On Dec 23, 2022
JasonScoolari:

*Dead or deceased.

Rest.
Stop worrying so much about another man’s language.
Can you and your kids speak and write yours fluently?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Die, Four Injured After Truck Fell On Cars In Lagos (Photos) by JasonScoolari: 8:45pm On Dec 23, 2022
SugarGirl44:

Rest.
Stop worrying so much about another man’s language.
Can you and your kids speak and write yours fluently?
A silly fellow like you don't take correction.

The guy has appreciated it and moved on like a matured fellow, but here you are.
Re: One Die, Four Injured After Truck Fell On Cars In Lagos (Photos) by Josepholuwaseun: 9:30pm On Dec 23, 2022
jaxxy:
Looking at the scene I think the trailer was trying to avoid/dodge the yellow danfo buses that are notorious for crowding and stopping on the road side to pick up passengers bt hit the divider covert and tripped over.

The yellow bus or buses that caused the confusion probably drove off and these cars where the victims.
God go bless you sir/ma.. lemme tell you that's exactly what happened because I was at the scene..I don't know why people judge matters too quickly because I have realized that 70% of this container trucks accident are not always their fault if you check well
Re: One Die, Four Injured After Truck Fell On Cars In Lagos (Photos) by Josepholuwaseun: 9:35pm On Dec 23, 2022
quentin06:
All these ritualistic truck owners, they want to recharge their blood money bank.
may God forgive you
Re: One Die, Four Injured After Truck Fell On Cars In Lagos (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 9:41pm On Dec 23, 2022
Josepholuwaseun:
God go bless you sir/ma.. lemme tell you that's exactly what happened because I was at the scene..I don't know why people judge matters too quickly because I have realized that 70% of this container trucks accident are not always their fault if you check well

Yes there are other culprits sometimes, bad traffic law enforcement and not enough re-education for drivers especially commercial drivers.
Re: One Die, Four Injured After Truck Fell On Cars In Lagos (Photos) by HaneefahRN(f): 9:45pm On Dec 23, 2022
All these death traps trucks. I am always scared whenever I see one near me in traffic. All those werey road safety know is to be looking for private vehicles to harass and get money from.
Re: One Die, Four Injured After Truck Fell On Cars In Lagos (Photos) by spymaster(m): 11:13pm On Dec 23, 2022
jaxxy:

Yes there are other culprits sometimes, bad traffic law enforcement and not enough re-education for drivers especially commercial drivers.
The government should enforce that the bus stop is on the service lane. Danfo drivers parked to pick passengers on the expressway at Cele sometimes taking over 2 lanes leaving only one lane for incoming vehicles. At times, they even tried to join the fast lane back without mindful of the incoming vehicles. To make matter worse, they are fond of passing one way from Cele back to Second Rainbow. Even making U-turn on the expressway. Since last week most of them have been passing one way because of the road construction. Possible he was passing one way judging by the opposite direction the Danfo was facing as opposed to the truck and the other two private cars. The truck driver saw him late and tried to avoid a head on collision by climbing the culvert, thereby tilting over and dropping the containers on the Danfo bus and the other vehicles. Government agencies should enforce order especially at Cele bus stop against one way driving and illegal parking of buses to pick up passengers

1 Like

Re: One Die, Four Injured After Truck Fell On Cars In Lagos (Photos) by SugarGirl44(f): 9:45am On Dec 24, 2022
JasonScoolari:
A silly fellow like you don't take correction.

The guy has appreciated it and moved on like a matured fellow, but here you are.

Shut up slave.
Na so una go carry another man language for head while you detest yours.
Even the whites don’t speak perfect english, we see them on social media everyday.
But na una wey be their slave go dey correct people up and down like alafiṣe.
Hope your kids kids can speak your language, abi you’ve passed down the slavery mentality to them.

1 Like

Re: One Die, Four Injured After Truck Fell On Cars In Lagos (Photos) by JasonScoolari: 1:23pm On Dec 24, 2022
SugarGirl44:

Shut up slave.
Na so una go carry another man language for head while you detest yours.
Even the whites don’t speak perfect english, we see them on social media everyday.
But na una wey be their slave go dey correct people up and down like alafiṣe.
Hope your kids kids can speak your language, abi you’ve passed down the slavery mentality to them.
When you're done f0oling yourself, kindly leave my mention.

God bless you as you comply.
Re: One Die, Four Injured After Truck Fell On Cars In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 1:46pm On Dec 24, 2022
Josepholuwaseun:
may God forgive you

You re one of them, how can someone leave a broken down truck with a container on the road for days unattended? If there was anything valuable in that container the truck would have been removed from the roads.

You don't know the hazards the reckless owners of these trucks pose to motorists.
Re: One Die, Four Injured After Truck Fell On Cars In Lagos (Photos) by AutoshalomUSA: 1:47pm On Dec 24, 2022
Warning to all Motorists!!!!!
Always stay away from these long container trucks . They are not stable , sturdy , balanced , and safe to be on the roads . So as a driver or passerby . Avoid standing or driving side by side with these monsters ,because small pothole , all the tires don go up …..
Always follow from behind , or simply overtake when you can . If the roads are not good ( which they all are ) then just wait for the truck to pass , abeg no go drag lane with them . And if you Dey inside bus . Shout for the driver and conductor to drop you NOW . Come down from the bus and use your legs to save your life . Walk up further to a clear area and wait for the bus to catch up that is if they make it out …..

Might seem extreme now you are reading it . But when you see a container truck appear next to you in traffic , you should start thinking of the extremes immediately. Cos it can all crash down under 2 seconds .

Abeg proceed with caution !!!!!

EBMedia:

https://igberetvnews.com/1434618/one-die-four-injured-truck-fell-cars-lagos-photos/
Re: One Die, Four Injured After Truck Fell On Cars In Lagos (Photos) by odaniel1(m): 2:01pm On Dec 24, 2022
brothers & sisters i am so shcoked to come online & see this news. I trekked past this scene seconds before it happened. I almost boarded a vehicle but they called a very high fare and I decided to trek a lil further. Lo & behold the bus I wanted to enter was the one involved! As sad as it is, I am also shook. Instinct or inner voice or spirit or hunch counts o! listen to your inner voice o, I first thought about my ex living along Ago and 2 other girls I jilted seeing me trek but as omo boy I lock up, match my sneakers for ground dey waka. What if I had listened to the laughter of my exes? Damn!
Re: One Die, Four Injured After Truck Fell On Cars In Lagos (Photos) by SugarGirl44(f): 3:10pm On Dec 24, 2022
JasonScoolari:
When you're done f0oling yourself, kindly leave my mention.

God bless you as you comply.

I’m telling you the truth stubborn slave.
Try and rid yourself of mental slavery and begin to love who you are, and teach your kids the same.
Re: One Die, Four Injured After Truck Fell On Cars In Lagos (Photos) by Buffalo2(m): 3:48pm On Dec 24, 2022
Ban these modafukaz from plying the roads during the day, our gofment refuse. Maybe when they are affected sha
Re: One Die, Four Injured After Truck Fell On Cars In Lagos (Photos) by JasonScoolari: 4:05pm On Dec 24, 2022
SugarGirl44:

I’m telling you the truth stubborn slave.
Try and rid yourself of mental slavery and begin to love who you are, and teach your kids the same.
Are you done foOling yourself?
Re: One Die, Four Injured After Truck Fell On Cars In Lagos (Photos) by Josepholuwaseun: 6:44am On Dec 25, 2022
quentin06:

You re one of them, how can someone leave a broken down truck with a container on the road for days unattended? If there was anything valuable in that container the truck would have been removed from the roads.

You don't know the hazards the reckless owners of these trucks pose to motorists.
if you know what comes with owning or driving a container trucks in Lagos you go pity them
And trucks are not cars that can be repaired within a day or two at times
Re: One Die, Four Injured After Truck Fell On Cars In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 9:02am On Dec 25, 2022
Josepholuwaseun:
if you know what comes with owning or driving a container trucks in Lagos you go pity them
And trucks are not cars that can be repaired within a day or two at times

I m talking about towing them from the roads, are there no tow trucks in your sophisticated Lagos?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2 US Army Helicopters Crash, Killing 3 Soldiers, Injuring 1 (Photo) / This Is The Longest Cable-Stayed Bridge In Africa / My Trip To Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.