Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? (4956 Views)

Pics Of My Oppo Phone / Is OPPO Enco W31 Worth Owning? / OPPO Phone Prices In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by makeitijn: 2:57pm On Dec 23, 2022
Hello guys ..
I think Oppo Nigeria is a scam. And they are defrauding Nigerians and also misinforming Nigerians at the same time.

Do you know why I made this assertions?

Let me tell you why...

So before I say jack .. MY ADVICE FOR YOU IS TO BE CAREFUL OF OPPO PHONES,BEFORE YOU BECOME A VICTIM LIKE ME

1 Like

Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by makeitijn: 3:03pm On Dec 23, 2022
I did a research on any new flagship phone for myself as I needed to upgrade to a new phone before 2023 ..

After a delligent research,I decided to pick the oppo Reno 8.
On the Oppo website and across all tech platforms ,this phone came through as having a DIMENSITY 1300 chipset 8gb/256gb..

I compared it with other phone brands and it edges them in most of the benchmarks ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by makeitijn: 3:05pm On Dec 23, 2022
So fast forward to earlier in the week ..

I made that purchase ..and it cost me 280k to buy that phone ..

Only for me to get home and my wife checked the chipset only to find out ,the phone is a common Snapdragon 680 processor/ chipset..

I was amazed at this .because it means that the Reno 8 is lesser in strength than the Tecno camon and yet they are selling it for almost 300k

1 Like

Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by Chaos14: 3:07pm On Dec 23, 2022
makeitijn:
So fast forward to earlier in the week ..

I made that purchase ..and it cost me 280k to buy that phone ..

Only for to get home and my wife checked the chipset only to find out ,the phone is a common Snapdragon 680 processor/ chipset..

I was amazed at this .because it means that the Reno 8 is lesser in strength than the Tecno camon and yet they are selling it for almost 300k
you purchased it on their website?

1 Like

Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by makeitijn: 3:09pm On Dec 23, 2022
So one wants to ask why is Oppo defrauding Nigerians ?

They claim their Reno 8 flagship comes with a DIMENSITY 1300 for the regular Reno 8 and a DIMENSITY 8100 chipset for the Reno 8 pro.

Yet after paying and unboxing this phone , all you get is a Snapdragon 680 chipset . A very very low ranking processor .

DIMENSITY 1300 processor comes in as number 25 in the chipset ranking , while the Snapdragon 680 processor comes in as number 1300 in the global chipset ranking.

Yet Oppo sells this same Reno 8 , for 300k thereby deceiving and ripping Nigerians off their hard earned money

1 Like

Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by makeitijn: 3:10pm On Dec 23, 2022
Chaos14:
you purchased it on their website?

I bought it at one of their authorised retailer shop.

Called POINTEX NIG LTD , at ShopRite ikeja.

1 Like

Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by makeitijn: 3:12pm On Dec 23, 2022
Lalasticlala nlfpmod Seun mynd44
Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by Chaos14: 3:14pm On Dec 23, 2022
makeitijn:

Never trust a vendor. this same vendors sometimes change the charging points to weaker ones so they can put it in other phones. This retailer do the fix phones or sell parts

3 Likes

Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by makeitijn: 3:17pm On Dec 23, 2022
Chaos14:
Never trust a vendor. this same vendors sometimes change the charging points to weaker ones so they can put it in other phones. This retailer do the fix phones or sell parts

They are on the same level as SLOT NIG LTD. They are big time players in this sector and they get supplied - I think- directly from the phone manufacturers themselves.

They work with them.hand in hand
Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by Nigeriafirstlad(m): 3:24pm On Dec 23, 2022
I bought my Oppo in Singapore and that phone is Zuma rock
E non dey spoil

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by amstardi: 3:33pm On Dec 23, 2022
Nigeriafirstlad:
I bought my Oppo in Singapore and that phone is Zuma rock
E non dey spoil
You see.. that is why I said ,Oppo Nigeria is a scam. They sell downgraded phone for flagship prices in Nigeria ..

This is ripping and organised Crime.. one of my friends made this same observation recently ..

6 Likes

Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by makeitijn: 3:42pm On Dec 23, 2022
amstardi:

You see.. that is why I said ,Oppo Nigeria is a scam. They sell downgraded phone for flagship prices in Nigeria ..

This is ripping and organised Crime.. one of my friends made this same observation recently ..

Funny enough , other phone brands with same ram 8gb and ROM 256gb and comes in a higher better performance chipset don't even sell for 300k ..

So what is Oppo trying to achieve ? Rip off?

3 Likes

Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by aieromon(m): 3:54pm On Dec 23, 2022
makeitijn:

Only for me to get home and my wife checked the chipset only to find out ,the phone is a common Snapdragon 680 processor/ chipset..

Care to share evidence? Oppo has devices that run on Snapdragon 680 but the Reno 8 is certainly not one of them

Update: Oppo Nigeria is guilty of deceptive marketing. I checked their website and saw the SD 680 chipset on their specs page.
https://www.oppo.com/ng/smartphones/series-reno/reno8/specs/

Ladies and gentlemen, the model number CPH2461 is actually for the Oppo Reno 8 4G.

The model number for Oppo Reno 8 5G is CPH2359.

Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 23, 2022
makeitijn:
Hello guys ..
I think Oppo Nigeria is a scam. And they are defrauding Nigerians and also misinforming Nigerians at the same time.

Let me tell you why...

So before I say jack .. MY ADVICE FOR YOU IS TO BE CAREFUL OF OPPO PHONES,BEFORE YOU BECOME A VICTIM LIKE ME

Post photos to back up claims so that others can learn.

Oppo are notorious for shipping substandard phones to Nigeria and Africa as a whole. Africa is literally a dump site for crappy phones. That 280k can easily get you a superior Samsung or even a rugged Xiaomi phone.

Next time, try getting the accurate specs from the sales rep or even the phone carton before taking it home.

1 Like

Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by Meister(m): 4:17pm On Dec 23, 2022
aieromon:

Care to share evidence? Oppo has devices that run on Snapdragon 680 but the Reno 8 is certainly not one of them.

The Reno 8 released in Nigeria came with SD 680 and it's basically the same phone as the Reno 7 they released earlier.

Maybe this will open the eyes of many people to what I've known for a while now, oppo releases substandard phones for the Nigerian market and at exorbitant prices.

The funny thing is oppo had initially sent the global Reno 8 with dimensity 1300 to Nigerian tech content creators to review and applaud then ended up releasing one with SD 680 ( same processor in the 100k Redmi 10C) and many people will buy it thinking it's the same one in those reviews

16 Likes

Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by OurBusinessIsPr(m): 4:20pm On Dec 23, 2022
makeitijn:

Funny enough , other phone brands with same ram 8gb and ROM 256gb but comes in a higher better performance chipset don't even sell for 300k ..

So what is Oppo trying to achieve ? Rip off?
Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by makeitijn: 4:22pm On Dec 23, 2022
Miracood2:

Oppo are notorious for shipping substandard phones to Nigeria and Africa as a whole. Africa is literally a dump site for crappy phones. That 280k can easily get you a superior Samsung or even a rugged Xiaomi phone.

Next time, try getting the accurate specs from the sales rep or even the phone carton before taking it home.

Oh you said sales rep? The sale reps are conmen and conwomen.. they too are in the Oppo organised Crime network..

They are all cheats and thieves .. after I made this discovery , the con sales girl immediately started saying oga you will get a refund , you will not get a refund .. she kept repeating it and wanted to even start a quarrel.. this is the Sales girl at Oppo pointex section at ShopRite ..

They are all 419 people .. be warned of them .

Here is the shitty sales reps number +234 810 436 4161.

I was just laughing at her as she was ringing "you will not get a refund ", .. Taking like the touts around ikeja along..

I reminded her that- hey hey , I bought this phone at a shop ,pointex in ShopRite ikeja .. so she should shut her mouth and quit ranting like a street trap..

13 Likes

Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by makeitijn: 4:26pm On Dec 23, 2022
Miracood2:

That's the screenshot there ..

Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by makeitijn: 4:29pm On Dec 23, 2022
aieromon:

Care to share evidence? Oppo has devices that run on Snapdragon 680 but the Reno 8 is certainly not one of them

Update: Oppo Nigeria is guilty of deceptive marketing. I checked their website and saw the SD 680 chipset on their specs page.
https://www.oppo.com/ng/smartphones/series-reno/reno8/specs/

Ladies and gentlemen, the model number CPH2461 is actually for the Oppo Reno 8 4G.

The model number for Oppo Reno 8 5G is CPH2359.

I am making plans to take them to court soon..

I will also include the pointex phone retail mall at ShopRite ikeja and Oppo as defendants .. this is open day 419 and robbery by big tech. They have my phone numbers ,I have already previously taken it up with them..

17 Likes

Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by aieromon(m): 4:30pm On Dec 23, 2022
makeitijn:

That's the screenshot there ..

Sorry for the awful experience. Keep up with the negative ratings and accept a refund if they reach out to you. The Oppo Reno 8 4G is crap for 2022/2023 expectations.

6 Likes

Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by makeitijn: 4:35pm On Dec 23, 2022
aieromon:

Sorry for the awful experience. Keep up with the negative ratings and accept a refund if they reach out to you. The Oppo Reno 8 4G is crap for 2022/2023 expectations.

Yes the phone is still preserved .. I had to place a screen guard on the phone , to keep it clean and super new.. because I will eventually tender it in court as the case progresses ..

11 Likes

Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by aieromon(m): 4:42pm On Dec 23, 2022
Please note that Slot and Pointek advertised the Oppo Reno 8 4G on their websites. The deceptive marketing appears to be from Oppo Nigeria who didn't inform interested parties about the two variants. Even Oppo Nigeria does not have any information about the 5G variant on their website.

https://www.pointekonline.com/product/oppo-reno-8-8gb-256gb/

https://slot.ng/oppo-reno-8-4g-256gb-8gb.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by phemmyfour: 6:11pm On Dec 23, 2022
makeitijn:
Hello guys ..

Let me tell you why...

Typing with OPPO A12

3yrs n proud!

1 Like

Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 23, 2022
phemmyfour:
Typing with OPPO A12

3yrs n proud!

How does this relates to the ply of the op?

14 Likes

Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 23, 2022
honestly im quite disappointed in oppo on this,they make respectable devices but how could they be so sloppy? it means lots of people are not even aware that they been affected, especially women, because they don't often check the specs of the device they are buying,i hope you deal with them well and make the judge slam a heavy fine on them for that,so they can recall and correct the error,same thing happened to gionee,they started making phones with malwares that overheats and damage the phone until they where sued and a heavy fine was slammed on them,till date that has been the downfall of gionee.these stup!d phone makers think they can just come to Nigeria and do what they want,make good example of them.

11 Likes

Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by abhosts(m): 7:40pm On Dec 23, 2022
Oppo are not known for great budget phones. Their devices are priced like Samsungs. Realme and Xiaomi offer the best budget phones.

8 Likes

Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by siofra(f): 9:16pm On Dec 23, 2022
makeitijn:

I am making plans to take them to court soon..

I will also include the pointex phone retail mall at ShopRite ikeja and Oppo as defendants .. this is open day 419 and robbery by big tech. They have my phone numbers ,I have already previously taken it up with them..

Please do so that they will learn their lesson.

Let them stop defrauding poor, unsuspecting Africans.

Their audacity is making me so angry.

9 Likes

Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by anonym0us: 10:48pm On Dec 23, 2022
True, oppo phones are crap
Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by Agopalace: 11:21pm On Dec 23, 2022
anonym0us:
True, oppo phones are crap
the real Oppo phones are good..

But Oppo Nigeria are the real definition of organised Crime syndicate .
.they sell knocked down phones for same price as flagships phones ...

The Reno 8 is about $430 ( N300,000) in Nigeria retail store and it has a low end Snapdragon 680 processor.

But the real Oppo Reno 8 with a DIMENSITY 1300 chipset , is just about $350 out there at retail stores in Dubai India etc..

GLOBAL CHIPSET RANKING ...
NUMBER 25 - DIMENSITY 1300
NUMBER 84 - SNAPDRAGON 680

Oppo Nigeria are brazenly scamming Nigerians , and we must stop them now ..

Either they start to sell what is advertised on their manufacturers website , or they stop selling phones in Nigeria all at once

10 Likes

Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by LOVEGINO(m): 1:39am On Dec 24, 2022
amstardi:

na to sue dem na. Why d ranting?

1 Like

Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by obalola007(m): 1:52am On Dec 24, 2022
What did they write on the carton of the phone as in the Specifications?

2 Likes

Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by zoedew: 3:48am On Dec 24, 2022
makeitijn:

You could have stopped by at the Apple Store located within the same complex! I sympathise with you!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pause, Play And Skip Songs WITHOUT Touching Your Phone / UPDATE: Someone Please Help Me Find OKE JOHN ADEWALE / How Good Is Ur Camera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.