Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? (4977 Views)

Pics Of My Oppo Phone / Is OPPO Enco W31 Worth Owning? / OPPO Phone Prices In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by makeitijn: 10:51am On Dec 26, 2022
If Oppo is serious and focused , they should be up there competing with iPhone and Samsung in Nigeria ,

Because they should be up there anyway..
Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by OurBusinessIsPr(m): 11:00am On Dec 26, 2022
Ok ..just to let oppo know that Africans can also afford Every single phone model being sold in Europe and America..

iPhone makes same stuff and sell across the world . If you can buy it fine and if you can't you keep off..

No manufacturer has the right to advertise a flagship and then go ahead to sell a Watered down model of same product .

There is no defence to that ...
Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 26, 2022
makeitijn:

I am making plans to take them to court soon..

I will also include the pointex phone retail mall at ShopRite ikeja and Oppo as defendants .. this is open day 419 and robbery by big tech. They have my phone numbers ,I have already previously taken it up with them..

Gooood.

But I hope you are not one of those people who usually say It's good to be rich In Nigeria? Let me tell you an open secret today.

Do you know every Items made by foreign companies which are to be shipped to Nigeria are Substandard Products? I'm talking about Iphones, Samsungs, etc. Normally It's not the fault of the manufacturers but the fault of "THE INDIGENOUS GREEDY VULTURES BUSINESS MEN HERE" See many among you doesn't know how destroyed this country Is yet. These greedy business men will travel to China and collide with the manufacturing company to carry out this atrocity. From the Intel I got, these companies might sometimes be worried about their reputation but the geeedy business men will tell them nothing will happen as far as It Is Nigeria Involved because they are too docile and they should worry not about their reputation because the first world gives no fvck about Nigeria.

To have the Fear Of the Mighty and the Universe Is not easy when It comes to making money In Nigeria. The atrocities people are committing daily Is outrageous.

This Is Just an Incing On The Cake of the Evil, Frauds and Atrocities currently going on In Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 26, 2022
makeitijn:

GOOD QUESTION.. nothing is written on the carton. They try to conceal and deceive to the uttermost.. complete disinformation campaign to coerse both the wise and ignorant

Na the matter be that ..

They even sent the real Reno 8 with DIMENSITY 1300 to vloggers to push on their YouTube channels , but when it was time to sell to Nigerians , they brought in the knocked down version with the Snapdragon 680 chipset

Lol this Is It now and Just the beginning.

Everyone around the world are now having their turns on Nigeria because they understand the system have been destroyed.
Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 26, 2022
Incredible128:
I don't think it's about the store, it's Oppo themselves that sent a watered down version to Africa

Sharaaaap there Scammer.

The STORES knows very much about It and they are aware of thw development.

This Is how 90% of "Nigeria Indigenous Wealthy/Rich People Makes Their Fortune" down to the average Nigerians.

It's an Open Secret. Thieves everywhere.
Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 26, 2022
Miracood2:

But why the cheating on Nigerians? What's all this FFS?

These people don't rate us at all.

Lol See Foolish Question. Rate You? Have you ever seen anyone rating Stupid & Greedy Peoplegrin

They are helping you people do what you people knows how to do most and best.

Your government and citizens are confirmed scammers with no Iota of human feeling and you are here asking stupid question.

The ill gotten fortunes Is even spend on oloshos, build useless unoccupied estates, hotels and event centres across the country, eat like gluttons, born children everywhere like pigs, buy oyibo cars, and starch up the remainder. Tell me who In the hell will Respect and take such people serious In the world.

No Invention, No Research & Development, No Cognitive Reasoning.

Make Una no Change you hear.

2 Likes

Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by Incredible128: 5:57pm On Dec 26, 2022
Evolutionlove:

Sharaaaap there Scammer.

This Is how 90% of "Nigeria Indigenous Wealthy/Rich People Makes Their Fortune" down to the average Nigerians.

grin grin grin grin why call me a scammer? grin grin am I Oppo? Did I sell him the device? Am I the store owner? grin grin. Nevertheless, it's Oppo who sent down watered down version to the store, one thing we customers fail to recognise is that these phone companies are out to chase profit and sometimes don't care about how it comes; same goes for some tecno phones whose Indian versions are more superior than their African counterparts

1 Like

Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 26, 2022
Chaos14:
Yes my elder brother works in a computer village. If you go there to work, you'll see a lot of secrets

Stop arguing with that IGNORAMUS & MUGUN.

They are part of the reasons why Nigeria Is where she Is today. Too many GULLIBLE people Tueeh!!!

1 Like

Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 26, 2022
Udemzy05:

Well it can be done, a technician with the right tool will do it but it doesn't make sense changing the chipset of a working phone, especially a brand-new phone just to downgrade it.

No you can't swap a phone Chipset. It Is embedded to the motherboard. Any attempt to tamper with It, You can kiss the phone Goodbye till eternity.

7 Likes

Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by Udemzy05: 11:00pm On Dec 26, 2022
Evolutionlove:

No you can't swap a phone Chipset. It Is embedded to the motherboard. Any attempt to tamper with It, You can kiss the phone Goodbye till eternity.

Says who?

It can be done if you have the right tools,this is not rocket science.

You can go to YouTube and get your prove.
Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by makeitijn: 1:29am On Dec 27, 2022
Bro no be lie.. you know how this system works ..
It's rigged across all the chains of supply and sale..

The Oppo retail stores are in the know.. I say this because of how the sales girl suddenly started ranting like a Tout. I wouldn't speak with her further,because she is just a sales girl. And I came to understand that there is the commission these girls receive after selling a phone ..

So she is also out there to sustain the scam by securing her cut in Every item sold , knowing fully well it's an almost fake version ..
Evolutionlove:

Sharaaaap there Scammer.

1 Like

Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by travelled(m): 8:20am On Dec 27, 2022
Is a Snapdragon 680 worth the 300k price tag Oppo placed on the Reno 8 phone ?

I googled phone of similar chipset and they were within the 130k-180k range ...

Just checking
Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by OurBusinessIsPr(m): 6:53pm On Dec 29, 2022
IPhone is truly a global brand.
And that is you see the Europeans and the Americans always looking for ways to ban the Chinese products from their market..

The Chinese brands are not always straightforward

1 Like

Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by amstardi: 6:56pm On Dec 29, 2022
100 percent correct
Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by OurBusinessIsPr(m): 7:08pm On Dec 29, 2022
Oppo reno 8 ; i repeat na scam..

Version a) snapdragon 655
Vetsion b) snapdragon 680
Version c) dimensity 1300

Just to let you that the watered down snap 680 chipset they wrote for the Nigerian model is a lie.. What you actually have inside is a far lower snap 655 chipset.

Isn't this fraud
Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by amstardi: 10:00am On Jan 01, 2023
A Chinese guy told me not to buy Nigerian oppo Phones..

He said they are not good..
Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by thebestprice(m): 10:05am On Jan 01, 2023
Well for all I know, oppo Phones are doing well internationally.

Buying an oppo abroad in Europe or South america or Asia is a goal.

The Nigeria versions are like toy gadgets..

A guy earlier wrote on this thread of buying his oppo from Singapore..

The Chinese marketers who sell oppo in Nigeria are clone merchants.. They are only sell in an oppo look alike and not the real oppo
Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by Meister(m): 1:18pm On Jan 01, 2023
thebestprice:
Well for all I know, oppo Phones are doing well internationally.

Buying an oppo abroad in Europe or South america or Asia is a goal.

The Nigeria versions are like toy gadgets..

A guy earlier wrote on this thread of buying his oppo from Singapore..

The Chinese marketers who sell oppo in Nigeria are clone merchants.. They are only sell in an oppo look alike and not the real oppo

Oga OPPO is officially in Nigeria and they're the ones selling those phones and they have official partners like pointek and slot, you can literally see them in their oppo nigeria website

1 Like

Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by OurBusinessIsPr(m): 10:10am On Jan 02, 2023
Meister:

Oga OPPO is officially in Nigeria and they're the ones selling those phones and they have official partners like pointek and slot, you can literally see them in their oppo nigeria website
Nope you got it wrong..

Now most of the addidas and Nike you see in Nigeria (as original) are actually cloned..

Same applies to the oppo Phones in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by Morphinne: 10:31am On Jan 02, 2023
Chaos14:
Never trust a vendor. this same vendors sometimes change the charging points to weaker ones so they can put it in other phones. This retailer do the fix phones or sell parts
Are you insinuating that the vendors were the ones who changed the dimensity 1300 processor to an SD 680?
This nairaland sef grin grin
I always wonder why ppl waste their monies on these Oppo products. I’ve known from day one that Oppo phones are expensive craps. A plastic Oppo phone with an LCD screen and a regular chipset would be selling higher than other Chinese phones in the same spec range and even than those sporting better screens and chipsets. Maybe Oppo think people are buying IPhones and Samsung phones mainly because they are expensive. iPhones and Samsung are expensive but can we say they build their phones using cheap hardwares? (screen, materials and processors) ; the answer is an emphatic no. 280k for a piece of plastic SD 680 phone grin ;the same processor powering 150k realme and Redmi phones grin

2 Likes

Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by Meister(m): 12:21pm On Jan 02, 2023
OurBusinessIsPr:

Nope you got it wrong..

Now most of the addidas and Nike you see in Nigeria (as original) are actually cloned..

Same applies to the oppo Phones in Nigeria

So slot, pointek and fine brothers all sell clone oppo phones ? Do they also sell clone Samsung, vivo, Xiaomi and iphones ? Or is it just almighty oppo ?

I literally told you to search for OPPO Nigeria website you no gree.

Adidas has an official page on jumia where they sell their cheaper products and comparing phones with clothes and shoes that are easy to mimic doesn't make sense
Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by OurBusinessIsPr(m): 7:54pm On Jan 02, 2023
For me, I don't advice anyone to buy n oppo phone.. They are scammers
Morphinne:

Are you insinuating that the vendors were the ones who changed the dimensity 1300 processor to an SD 680?
This nairaland sef grin grin
I always wonder why ppl waste their monies on these Oppo products. I’ve known from day one that Oppo phones are expensive craps. A plastic Oppo phone with an LCD screen and a regular chipset would be selling higher than other Chinese phones in the same spec range and even than those sporting better screens and chipsets. Maybe Oppo think people are buying IPhones and Samsung phones mainly because they are expensive. iPhones and Samsung are expensive but can we say they build their phones using cheap hardwares? (screen, materials and processors) ; the answer is an emphatic no. 280k for a piece of plastic SD 680 phone grin ;the same processor powering 150k realme and Redmi phones grin

2 Likes

Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by OurBusinessIsPr(m): 7:55pm On Jan 02, 2023
You'll be amazed to know that the oppo reno 7 is better than the oppo reno 8.

I think that company is going naughty

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by thebestprice(m): 3:41pm On Jan 07, 2023
Just stay away from anything Oppo in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by amstardi: 9:46am On Jan 08, 2023
Let's hope they step up their game ..

Oppo should be on the same quality level as Samsung and iPhone..

But the Nigerian branch are messing things up by selling fake phones
Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by garugaru: 10:17am On Jan 08, 2023
i do not think the op asked the right questions when he was buying the phone, oppo's naming scheme is pretty confusing and it is probably intentional. the op should have made sure that the rep confirmed the chipset on the phone before buying. the op probably just googled the phone and made his order based on that information which is obviously wrong. the phone the op wants is called oppo reno 8 5g, the phone he bought is oppo reno 8, most websites call the phone oppo reno 8 but display the spec of oppo reno 8 5g. technically it is no oppo's fault that he ordered the wrong phone but in a sane society he should be able to return the phone, i guess our society isn't a sane one.
Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by makeitijn: 10:07pm On Jan 08, 2023
Like I have said from day one .. Oppo Nigeria is a scam merchandise brand .

After complaining on tweeter to the Oppo intl.. they directed to the local branch at ogba and sent me their email to reach them.

I reached them on Instagram,they sent me a mail to send the imiei of the phone and my phone number .
I did and they promised to get back to me after 2 working days .

Over a week passed ,and then on that same email thread , one funny dude cane back again and was saying ,"why haven't you sent the imei and phone numbers we asked for " > when right above the email was my last message containing those vital information..

I didn't even answer him..

I think after cheating and deceiving you , they now go a step further to harvest the vital information of your phone , so that they can monitor you and your activities ..

I really hate Oppo walahii

garugaru:
i do not think the op asked the right questions when he was buying the phone, oppo's naming scheme is pretty confusing and it is probably intentional. the op should have made sure that the rep confirmed the chipset on the phone before buying. the op probably just googled the phone and made his order based on that information which is obviously wrong. the phone the op wants is called oppo reno 8 5g, the phone he bought is oppo reno 8, most websites call the phone oppo reno 8 but display the spec of oppo reno 8 5g. technically it is no oppo's fault that he ordered the wrong phone but in a sane society he should be able to return the phone, i guess our society isn't a sane one.
Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by makeitijn: 10:09pm On Jan 08, 2023
Then after 2 weeks , one lady called me saying she is from Oppo and she heard of my situation. And that she doesn't know if the POINTEX SHOPRITE I bought the phone from will agree to collect it back..

So stupid ,so so stupid .this lady was from so called Oppo head office ooo...

Collecting back their phone is now a major issue for them ..
They make all type of excuses so as not to collect it back .. after putting the wrong information online about the junk phones they sell in Nigeria !

They are criminals ...

1 Like

Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by doggedfighter(f): 9:05pm On Jan 17, 2023
atheistandproud:

Would you be interested in collaborating so that's we can do a video on this topic? I would like to interview you please. Let's see how wide we can make this go.

makeitijn, have you considered this ?

I think this will go a long way.
Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by aieromon(m): 9:13pm On Jan 17, 2023
doggedfighter:

https://www.nairaland.com/7514455/oppo-reno-8-scam-must
Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by doggedfighter(f): 9:20pm On Jan 17, 2023

1 Like

Re: Is Oppo phone in Nigeria A Scam ? by atheistandproud(m): 9:27pm On Jan 17, 2023
doggedfighter:

He's clearly not interested. I've dropped the idea sef and did it by myself.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Chinese Phone OEM That Makes More Daring Phones Than Tecno,infinix,and Innjoo / Lets See Your App Drawer! / Photos: #kenyavsGhana Kenya And Ghana Fights On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.