Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,850 members, 7,813,885 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

Ekiti Government Seals Off Petrol Station For Selling Above Pump Price - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Government Seals Off Petrol Station For Selling Above Pump Price (16243 Views)

FG Seals Off Sahad Store, Abuja As Crackdown On Hoarding, Price Fixing Begins / Obaseki Cuts Off Petrol For Shaibu's Vehicles After Dep Gov's Declaration / EFCC Seals Off Kwankwaso’s Property In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti Government Seals Off Petrol Station For Selling Above Pump Price by phemmyfour: 12:11pm On Dec 24, 2022
auntysimbiat:
Nice one,
There is always need to have scapegoat to curb indiscipline
So they should sell at a loss? The government should address the main problem at the depot where these marketers paid so much to bring the product in.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Government Seals Off Petrol Station For Selling Above Pump Price by Enemyofpeace: 12:11pm On Dec 24, 2022
Very good. Way to go. Nairaland is next
Re: Ekiti Government Seals Off Petrol Station For Selling Above Pump Price by Tilldendoftime(m): 12:19pm On Dec 24, 2022
oatzeal:
Ekiti State government has shut down TOS Filling Station Olora along Federal Housing Road, Ado Ekiti for unwholesome and sharp practice.

Speaking on the reason while the petrol station was sealed off, Chairman, Petroleum Products Task Force, Mr Israel Adesokan said the owner was selling petrol at two hundred and ninety naira per litre

He warned those selling above the pump price to desist in order not to be sanctioned

Source: https://web.facebook.com/iloveEkiti/
I want to believe this is witch hunting.... For weeks almost all d petrol stations sell above pump price except for bovas, nipco and nnpc yet they are still operating gladly. Guess TOS didn't pay their dues.
Yesterday I still bought at MRS for 270 in osogbo and their pump is worse as hell, with 5 litres equivalent to 3 and half litres in quantity. Imagine.
Raid them all if u meant business
Re: Ekiti Government Seals Off Petrol Station For Selling Above Pump Price by maasoap(m): 12:20pm On Dec 24, 2022
Good one
Re: Ekiti Government Seals Off Petrol Station For Selling Above Pump Price by olisaEze(m): 12:25pm On Dec 24, 2022
yesloaded:
I don't want to believe these independent marketers get fuel at official rate to marketers and this must be reason why they sell above normal price

However, some independent marketers are wicked. A filling station in Ibadan sold 300naira per litre around 9pm but following morning, sold 270 just because another filling station that's just a stone throw away from them sold 250.
Some of these independent marketers get fuel to their station at a price lesser than 190 but sold at 250 which is too much

Thanks to BOVAS filling station, I only buy fuels at BOVAS at normal 180 except fuel for generating set which I buy at 250 from another filling station

Federal government should wake up to reality & do the needful, people are suffering too much

Granted that there are numerous unscrupulous marketers out there, but here’s the thing with smaller gas stations that do that. If u sell at a pump price below the current price at which the depots load, u stand the risk of being unable to afford to buy ur next load at the new price, even if u add ur profit back into ur capital!
Re: Ekiti Government Seals Off Petrol Station For Selling Above Pump Price by MansoryMX(m): 12:28pm On Dec 24, 2022
sylve11:
Abeg make them come Warri.

Bought a liter for 270. It's really annoying. angry cool

I bought 285 at Jakpa Road. This country is dead and gone
Re: Ekiti Government Seals Off Petrol Station For Selling Above Pump Price by maasoap(m): 12:32pm On Dec 24, 2022
Tilldendoftime:

I want to believe this is witch hunting.... For weeks almost all d petrol stations sell above pump price except for bovas, nipco and nnpc yet they are still operating gladly. Guess TOS didn't pay their dues.
Yesterday I still bought at MRS for 270 in osogbo and their pump is worse as hell, with 5 litres equivalent to 3 and half litres in quantity. Imagine.
Raid them all if u meant business

Witch hunt, really? You guys normalise criminal acts and economic sabotage.
A thousand miles journey starts with a step. That's Ekiti State, you're in Osun state. This singular act will send message to others, and that's the point.
Re: Ekiti Government Seals Off Petrol Station For Selling Above Pump Price by Tilldendoftime(m): 12:45pm On Dec 24, 2022
maasoap:

Witch hunt, really? You guys normalise criminal acts and economic sabotage.
A thousand miles journey starts with a step. That's Ekiti State, you're in Osun state. This singular act will send message to others, and that's the point.
U dont get me bro... Am not supporting criminal act and will be d last to do so am only advocating for what's good for d goose is also good for d gander. Like I said earlier. Raid Dem all! On that housing road in ado ekiti there are many fuel stations selling ablove pump price. I live along ilawe road beside command hotel ado and my buying fuel in osogbo doest mean I am living in osogbo....d truth is even in other states in d southwest where I visit regularly searching for daily bread I have never bought fuel for pump price aside bovas generally and nipco Ibadan. Initially Sao Ibadan sells too at pump price but now is 195
Re: Ekiti Government Seals Off Petrol Station For Selling Above Pump Price by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 24, 2022
Nigeria is an amazing country. FG would say fuel pump price is #100 but filling stations will be selling it #140 to everybody surprisingly including the agents that exist to enforce the government commands such as police officers, custom officers, soldiers and some so call DPR or whatever their names purposeless names who are supposed to make everyone selling above government price to pay for it.
Re: Ekiti Government Seals Off Petrol Station For Selling Above Pump Price by guru90: 1:13pm On Dec 24, 2022
They don finished us via my area.... Imagine 280 naira... i am buying.....

Let them come and seal my area too.......
Re: Ekiti Government Seals Off Petrol Station For Selling Above Pump Price by Vokians(m): 1:18pm On Dec 24, 2022
Good action. Please this should be replicated in other states of the federation.
Re: Ekiti Government Seals Off Petrol Station For Selling Above Pump Price by sharpwriter(m): 1:35pm On Dec 24, 2022
auntysimbiat:
Nice one,
Lol... Simbi, where have you been? Wondrous things are really happening... You surfaced after how many years to make a sensible comment; in fact, rain go still fall for dix December.

You that the only comment you are known for is "Too Bad." cheesy grin
Re: Ekiti Government Seals Off Petrol Station For Selling Above Pump Price by marlow1962(m): 2:10pm On Dec 24, 2022
scrapNG:
I believe this task force should extend their work to Aramoko Ekiti. I bought fuel @ 260 per liter at Okanlawon at Aramoko Ekiti yesterday.
Today at ERB beside Winners church Aramoko Ekiti, today I bought at the rate of 270 per liter.
Mr Israel Adesokan please we need you at Aramoko Ekiti.
Una nva see anytin, Shay una wn still vote apc again. Na when Nigerians buy fuel 5h per liter, na that time their eye go start to they open ( if at all say dem go wise up)

Re: Ekiti Government Seals Off Petrol Station For Selling Above Pump Price by snoopz: 2:12pm On Dec 24, 2022
You Dey inside ado the capital, you dey sell at 290, you get mind o
Re: Ekiti Government Seals Off Petrol Station For Selling Above Pump Price by Thebigheart: 2:16pm On Dec 24, 2022
Nigeria problem is Nigerians themselves.

Imagine, a Governor who owed fuelling station. How do expect the Governor to help fix electricity issues?

If I tell you people the owner of Rainoil fuelling station and he is Governor.
Re: Ekiti Government Seals Off Petrol Station For Selling Above Pump Price by Jokkarm2: 2:21pm On Dec 24, 2022
they should come to Lagos, they are selling 230, 250, here with long queue.
Re: Ekiti Government Seals Off Petrol Station For Selling Above Pump Price by mediclife1987(m): 2:27pm On Dec 24, 2022
yesloaded:
I don't want to believe these independent marketers get fuel at official rate to marketers and this must be reason why they sell above normal price

However, some independent marketers are wicked. A filling station in Ibadan sold 300naira per litre around 9pm but following morning, sold 270 just because another filling station that's just a stone throw away from them sold 250.
Some of these independent marketers get fuel to their station at a price lesser than 190 but sold at 250 which is too much

Thanks to BOVAS filling station, I only buy fuels at BOVAS at normal 180 except fuel for generating set which I buy at 250 from another filling station

Federal government should wake up to reality & do the needful, people are suffering too much

BOVAS filling station- being the change it wants to see...
Re: Ekiti Government Seals Off Petrol Station For Selling Above Pump Price by BennyDGreat: 2:28pm On Dec 24, 2022
Risingblue008:
My shop landlord just reduced our shop rent
Omo,
Make una help me thank God oo

What kind of man is he?
Rich, spiritual, easy going, highly emotional intelligent, empathetic....
What was the motive behind his action?
Re: Ekiti Government Seals Off Petrol Station For Selling Above Pump Price by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 24, 2022
auntysimbiat:
Nice one,
seal them all. I heard most filling stations I. South west sells from N250/litre upward
Re: Ekiti Government Seals Off Petrol Station For Selling Above Pump Price by Luisema4luv(m): 2:37pm On Dec 24, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Go and check again. Hardly would you find an independent marketer selling at the normal pump price which the major marketers are selling outside lagos. Even within Lagos, many sell at 250 naira, talkless of far away ekiti. I was in Ado Ekiti recently so I know . If you live in Ado, please do us a favour by taking a picture of their dispenser meter and a shirt video for confirmation and share with us. This has nothing to do with politics. Even by selling at 250 or so, there's still long queues. Can you buy yam at 20 naira and still sell at same price? Impossible

I just gave u 3 that still sells at normal price in ekiti here
Re: Ekiti Government Seals Off Petrol Station For Selling Above Pump Price by Atlantis585: 2:38pm On Dec 24, 2022
Bad idea.

People should have been allowed to come and get free fuel until their fuel finish.

Best solution ever.
Re: Ekiti Government Seals Off Petrol Station For Selling Above Pump Price by ipobarecriminals: 2:45pm On Dec 24, 2022
scrapNG:
I believe this task force should extend their work to Aramoko Ekiti. I bought fuel @ 260 per liter at Okanlawon at Aramoko Ekiti yesterday.
Today at ERB beside Winners church Aramoko Ekiti, today I bought at the rate of 270 per liter.

check FB for his contact and do the needful
Re: Ekiti Government Seals Off Petrol Station For Selling Above Pump Price by oyeb15: 2:52pm On Dec 24, 2022
How many filling station did that Ekiti state has? Most filling station are not even selling PMS at all .

If u want to stop over pricing, the state should commission or partner with at least 3filling stations per local government to be selling at normal price .

A state that doesn't contribute anything to d lives of it's citizens despite huge tax and signage they collect from businesses.They are now sending state thugs to be closing peoples businesses.

The former governors( Fayemi and Fayose)stole billions from d state but has no single investment in d state. They'll just come ,steal and go.

Respect peoples businesses at this critical period!
Re: Ekiti Government Seals Off Petrol Station For Selling Above Pump Price by Ofolete: 2:53pm On Dec 24, 2022
Since hope Uzodimma took over as the governor of imo state no one checkmates the activities of traders in the state again. There is no price control like when Oga Achike Udenwa was in charge. Those days, there was price control because responsible people were in power.
Re: Ekiti Government Seals Off Petrol Station For Selling Above Pump Price by Bluntemperor: 3:19pm On Dec 24, 2022
auntysimbiat:
Nice one,

Beautiful You!
The troubles with Nigeria is indiscipline and impunity of highest order and many of those things that Governors could easily check in their domain, to bring sanity to their States are left but only to blame the Federal Govt!
Imagine Security issues, when all of them collected the Yearly NBILLIONS Security Votes! So who is fooling the Masses!
Another instance,these illegal prices on fuel.
Many Oli Marketers do even transborder businesses which is very lucrative but is supported by the State Officials who looked elsewhere to the suffering of the Masses year in year out!
Is it bad ,for our Legislatures ( including State Legislature) to pay unscheduled visit to many of the Stations in their States and check the Fuel and Metres tampering , which they cheat the Public!
What about the Senators,the House of Representatives- of Nigeria that are too far from the Masses!
People are really suffering- No lights ( Disco will give you two hours out of 24 hours,No Fuel ,No Infrastructures,No Water,Money is even restricted!
What is wrong with us as Nigerians!
Re: Ekiti Government Seals Off Petrol Station For Selling Above Pump Price by lagosrd: 3:38pm On Dec 24, 2022
Deception of the century. Why are other major marketers not bringing out the products like Bovas. Is it only BOVAS that's a major marketers. There is more to why the independent marketers are selling at high prices.
Re: Ekiti Government Seals Off Petrol Station For Selling Above Pump Price by K1995: 3:42pm On Dec 24, 2022
scrapNG:

this is Whatsap number so that it can reach them quickly

Re: Ekiti Government Seals Off Petrol Station For Selling Above Pump Price by drololaaof: 3:54pm On Dec 24, 2022
oatzeal:
Ekiti State government has shut down TOS Filling Station Olora along Federal Housing Road, Ado Ekiti for unwholesome and sharp practice.

Speaking on the reason while the petrol station was sealed off, Chairman, Petroleum Products Task Force, Mr Israel Adesokan said the owner was selling petrol at two hundred and ninety naira per litre

He warned those selling above the pump price to desist in order not to be sanctioned

Source: https://web.facebook.com/iloveEkiti/
The govtbare just waking up of their responsibilty.
Re: Ekiti Government Seals Off Petrol Station For Selling Above Pump Price by Eriokanmi: 4:05pm On Dec 24, 2022
Luisema4luv:

I just gave u 3 that still sells at normal price in ekiti here
Yes, you did but I don't believe you. You know why? Even here in lagos, only major marketers sell below 200, followed by Gov. Dapo Aboudun's company Heyden. He's the only independent marketer selling at 198 naira. Others sell above 250...from 250 and above. Anything outside lagos from independent marketers can't be less than 250, except he's father xmas
Re: Ekiti Government Seals Off Petrol Station For Selling Above Pump Price by Boyewu: 4:10pm On Dec 24, 2022
I just bought ₦265/Ltr now in Bashiri, Ado-Èkìtì. Maybe the sealing is selective....
Re: Ekiti Government Seals Off Petrol Station For Selling Above Pump Price by starstaz(m): 4:11pm On Dec 24, 2022
yesloaded:

For over 3weeks now , have been buying fuel at 300/305.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Retired Veterans Protesting In Abuja / Anambra Government Blames APC, FG For Insecurity In States / Erosion Destroys Major Road In Kaduna Community - Help Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.