Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Buhari Stopped Me From Asking EFCC To Investigate Allegations Against Me - VP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Stopped Me From Asking EFCC To Investigate Allegations Against Me - VP (500 Views)

Tinubu: Atiku Lied, He Offered Me VP Position In 2007 While Aware Of My Faith / Osinbajo: God Made Me VP To Serve Nigerians As President / Kassim Afegbu Denies Asking EFCC To Withdraw N10B Petition Against Uche Secondus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Stopped Me From Asking EFCC To Investigate Allegations Against Me - VP by NwaNimo1(m): 12:33am On Dec 25, 2022
How Buhari Stopped Me From Asking EFCC To Investigate False Allegations Against Me – Osinbajo

Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo has revealed President Muhammadu Buhari stopped him from investigating false allegations against him.

Osinbajo said he wanted to request the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to investigate fraud allegations against him.

The house of representatives in 2018 indicted the governing board of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), the board, which is chaired by Osinbajo, of illegally approving a N5.8 billion north-east intervention fund.

Also in 2020, the vice president was alleged to have collected N4 billion from Ibrahim Magu, former acting chairman of the EFCC.

Speaking on Friday at a private dinner to celebrate Buhari’s 80th birthday, Osinbajo said: “One day, I went to him because there were some allegations that were made against me.

Osinbajo said “One day, I went to him because there were some allegations that were made against me. And I was so angry, so I went to him to show him the letter I had written to the EFCC to investigate,” Mr Osinbajo said at an event in Abuja to celebrate the president’s 80th birthday.

“He looked at it and looked at me. And because he calls me VP or Professor depending on his mood; this time he said, ‘VP, why do you worry yourself about all these people? These people just make all sorts of allegations, they make all sorts of stories up. They are even saying that I am about to get married again. And even some foolish people were waiting at the National Mosque, waiting for me to come and marry again.”

“The Vice President also described the President as a “nationalist and a content person”.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/how-buhari-stopped-me-from-asking-efcc-to-investigate-false-allegations-against-me-osinbajo/

Re: Buhari Stopped Me From Asking EFCC To Investigate Allegations Against Me - VP by Benard5050: 12:34am On Dec 25, 2022
We know you're an upright man Prof.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Stopped Me From Asking EFCC To Investigate Allegations Against Me - VP by NwaNimo1(m): 12:35am On Dec 25, 2022
Benard5050:
We know you're an upright man Prof.

[img]https://giffiles./217/217550.gif[/img]
Re: Buhari Stopped Me From Asking EFCC To Investigate Allegations Against Me - VP by sirjoggy(m): 1:16am On Dec 25, 2022
Dormant VP

1 Like

Re: Buhari Stopped Me From Asking EFCC To Investigate Allegations Against Me - VP by oz4real83(m): 1:33am On Dec 25, 2022
The president was only protecting himself because if he allowed the EFCC to investigate his vice, it is just a step before it gets to him, he simply didn't want to take chances. Who doesn't know that this govt will go down in history as the most corrupt, heartless, uncompassionate, clueless, bloody and evil govt in the history of this country . Even the opposition parties and past govt officials are freely enjoying their loots under this govt, no serious prosecution is going on as long as the accused doesn't insult the cabal in power, nobody even talks of Sambo Dasuki anymore, Alison Deziani and others embarassed
Re: Buhari Stopped Me From Asking EFCC To Investigate Allegations Against Me - VP by tctrills: 1:41am On Dec 25, 2022
NwaNimo1:
How Buhari Stopped Me From Asking EFCC To Investigate False Allegations Against Me – Osinbajo

Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo has revealed President Muhammadu Buhari stopped him from investigating false allegations against him.

Osinbajo said he wanted to request the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to investigate fraud allegations against him.

The house of representatives in 2018 indicted the governing board of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), the board, which is chaired by Osinbajo, of illegally approving a N5.8 billion north-east intervention fund.

Also in 2020, the vice president was alleged to have collected N4 billion from Ibrahim Magu, former acting chairman of the EFCC.

Speaking on Friday at a private dinner to celebrate Buhari’s 80th birthday, Osinbajo said: “One day, I went to him because there were some allegations that were made against me.

Osinbajo said “One day, I went to him because there were some allegations that were made against me. And I was so angry, so I went to him to show him the letter I had written to the EFCC to investigate,” Mr Osinbajo said at an event in Abuja to celebrate the president’s 80th birthday.

“He looked at it and looked at me. And because he calls me VP or Professor depending on his mood; this time he said, ‘VP, why do you worry yourself about all these people? These people just make all sorts of allegations, they make all sorts of stories up. They are even saying that I am about to get married again. And even some foolish people were waiting at the National Mosque, waiting for me to come and marry again.”

“The Vice President also described the President as a “nationalist and a content person”.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/how-buhari-stopped-me-from-asking-efcc-to-investigate-false-allegations-against-me-osinbajo/

This tells us that the anti-corruption war is a waste of time. Now we know that it's the president who directs the efcc on whom to investigate.
Re: Buhari Stopped Me From Asking EFCC To Investigate Allegations Against Me - VP by Urheadmaster(m): 1:48am On Dec 25, 2022
tongue
Hence the reason you decided to quote the entire post just to exhaust the entire space for your baseless quote of the day
tongue.

tctrills:

This tells us that the anti-corruption war is a waste of time. Now we know that it's the president who directs the efcc on whom to investigate.
Re: Buhari Stopped Me From Asking EFCC To Investigate Allegations Against Me - VP by NwaNimo1(m): 1:51am On Dec 25, 2022
Urheadmaster:
tongue
Hence the reason you decided to quote the entire post just to exhaust the entire space for your baseless quote of the day
tongue.

[img]https://giffiles./217/217550.gif[/img]
Re: Buhari Stopped Me From Asking EFCC To Investigate Allegations Against Me - VP by tctrills: 2:22am On Dec 25, 2022
Urheadmaster:
tongue
tongue.

The angry people have come
Re: Buhari Stopped Me From Asking EFCC To Investigate Allegations Against Me - VP by socialmediaman: 2:32am On Dec 25, 2022
Why are Tinubu supporters no longer calling Osinbajo a betrayer? Is it because of this photo below, seeing that Tinubu has humbled himself before the Vice President?

It’s very obvious Tinubu will do just anything to achieve his political ambition, including putting the lives of millions of Nigerians under threat with a divisive Muslim muslim ticket

(1) (Reply)

From Satellite Picture They Setting Fire On Land In Sokoto And Zamfara / Protest Hit Edo State Over INEC Inability To Give People Their PVC / Is It Morally Right For Tinubu To Sell Lagos Poly To Himself For TVC - Jandor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.