Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,495 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:14 PM

Tinubu: Atiku Lied, He Offered Me VP Position In 2007 While Aware Of My Faith - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: Atiku Lied, He Offered Me VP Position In 2007 While Aware Of My Faith (21826 Views)

Wike: Atiku Lied, Sent Lamido, Aliyu, Other Attack Dogs After Me / Osinbajo: God Made Me VP To Serve Nigerians As President / Buhari: "Osinbajo's VP Position Threatened" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu: Atiku Lied, He Offered Me VP Position In 2007 While Aware Of My Faith by ExAngel007(f): 7:16am On Jul 24, 2022
Presidential Candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Bola Tinubu, has accused Peoples Democratic Party presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar of lying about what transpired between them in the build-up to the 2007 presidential elections.

Atiku had in an interview with Arise TV on Friday July 22,
claimed that he rejected Tinubu as his running mate in 2007 because he is opposed to fielding a Muslim-Muslim ticket in the interest of the country’s unity.

He said;

“My fundamental disagreement and political departure with
Asiwaju [Tinubu] since 2007 was due to the Muslim-Muslim ticket. Remember, I opted out of PDP because of zoning, and together with Asiwaju we formed ACN.

“Tinubu wanted to be my running mate when I was given
the ACN presidential ticket in 2007, but I disagreed. And
because of that, he switched his support to the late Umar
Yaradua. That was the parting point.”

However reacting to this in a statement by his media aide
Tunde Rahman on Saturday July 23, Tinubu accused
Abubakar of demeaning himself by pandering to base
prejudice at a moment Nigeria needs true leadership.

The former Lagos state Governor said Atiku offered him the
running mate position while aware of his faith at the time.

The statement read;

Atiku demeans himself, office he seeks by pandering to
base prejudice at a moment Nigeria needs true leadership
– Tinubu

All Progressives Congress Presidential Candidate, Asiwaju
Bola Ahmed Tinubu, says all Nigerians should feel great
pity and sadness for the candidate of Peoples Democratic
Party, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar.

In his desperate attempt to win the election by stoking
religious bias, Atiku has reduced himself to uttering
baseless lies on national television.

“We are saddened to see such a man become unhinged
from the truth. So obsessed is he with his quest for office,
Atiku is willing to render any form of untruth if he thinks it
might gain him a single vote. Atiku may want to be
president. However, all he has shown is that he is
pathological,” the APC presidential candidate said in a
statement on Sunday by his Media Office signed by Mr.
Tunde Rahman.

“Whatever moral compass he had has been lost. During a
22 July television interview, Atiku assaulted historic truth
by lying that he did not name Tinubu as his running mate
in 2007 on the Action Congress ticket because Atiku did
not want a Muslim as his running mate.”

Responding to the false account of PDP Presidential
candidate, Tinubu set the record straight. He recalled that
Atiku was not among those who founded the Action
Congress.

“It was the actual founders of the AC who offered the party’s flag to Atiku because of the need to fight the
authoritarian designs then President Obasanjo and the PDP
had on Nigeria’s democracy.

“At that moment, Atiku had been unceremoniously pushed
aside if not out of the PDP by Obasanjo. We needed to rally all forces to confront the one-party state Obasanjo had in mind. Atiku was simply a beneficiary of this collective duty to fight the attack on multi-party democracy the PDP had launched.

“I feel sorry for dear old Atiku. Love of his own ambition
has eclipsed his relationship with the truth and an honest
account of the past. We formed the AC without his
knowledge. When President Obasanjo virtually exiled him
from the PDP, we lent him our support by giving him the
AC platform for the 2007 election.

“Let me say openly that Atiku offered me the vice
presidential ticket in 2007. Let me also say that my
religion has not changed. When he offered the position to
me, I was a Muslim and I believe he was aware of my
religious faith at the time.

“Atiku’s calculations and deceit had nothing to do with
religion or his sensitivity to it. His conduct has everything
to do with what we discovered about his paucity of
character and love of intrigue.

“True to form, Atiku, fifteen years later, promised HE
Governor Nyesom Wike the same thing this electoral
season and similarly reneged. Governor Wike is a
Christian.

“When it comes to intrigue, we can say that Atiku is
without bias. He will attempt to lie and deceive both
Christian and Muslim with equal vigour

“Atiku has no business raising the issue of a Muslim-
Muslim ticket except as a hypocrite. Perhaps he believes
people have forgotten his antics during the 1993 election.
After he woefully lost his bid to be the presidential
candidate of the Social Democratic Party, what did he do?

He canvassed and lobbied harder than anyone to become
the running mate to late Chief MKO Abiola. When it
benefitted him personally, Atiku did not see anything
wrong with Muslim-Muslim ticket. He saw everything right
in such a ticket as long as he was on it.

“Now, Atiku criticizes my selection as running mate based
on religion. He does so because he cannot criticize it on
other grounds. If Atiku were to have one of his rare
moments of honesty, he would admit that the person I
selected as my running mate is more qualified for the
position than the man who joined him. And this
conclusion has nothing to do with religious faith. It has
everything to do with competence, experience, ability, and
vision.

“My running mate and I are here to build a more just and
prosperous society for all Nigerians, be they Christian,
Muslim or adherents of other faiths. It seems that Atiku is
here trying to build an edifice of lies and call that the
house into which Nigerians should walk and reside. He
will fail in this sad attempt to trick an entire nation.

“Let me restate my position on religion and politics. When
I decided that Senator Shettima was the best selection as
my running mate, I listened to and weighed in serious
balance the advice received from a broad and
representative array of wonderful Nigerians who deeply
care about this nation and the path it must go.

“Some people counselled that I should select a Christian
to garner support of the Christian community. Some said I
should select a Muslim for a similar reason. I clearly could
not do both. Both positions had merit and right on their
side. But neither position expressed what was most right
and needed for the moment in which we find ourselves
and the nation.

“All my life, the decisions regarding the team supporting
me have always been guided by the principles of
competence, innovation, compassion, integrity, fairness,
and adherence to excellence. I was not going to depart
from these principles at this important juncture. In fact, it
was more important than ever before that I adhere to
these principles.

“As Governor of Lagos State, these principles helped me
assemble one of the most capable governing cabinets any
state or this nation has seen. I trust in these principles to
allow them to, once more, guide me to construct another
exemplary team that can do Nigeria proud.

“In this crucial moment, where so much is at stake, we
must prioritize leadership, competence, and the ability to
work as a team over other considerations.

“This is the standard I will use to select the rest of my
campaign team and if you elect me as your president
when I staff my government. I will select the best people
for the right jobs so that we can construct a better Nigeria
now and for generations yet to come.”

Tinubu Media Office,
Tunde Rahman
July 23, 2023.

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2022/7/atiku-lied-he-offered-me-vp-position-in-2007-while-aware-of-my-faith-tinubu-slams-former-vp.html

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Atiku Lied, He Offered Me VP Position In 2007 While Aware Of My Faith by Fahdiga(m): 7:17am On Jul 24, 2022
Tales of two thieves exposing themselves. Who says our God is not wonderful. More of this please. They are entertaining Nigerians who have unanimously agreed to vote for Peter Obi.

253 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Atiku Lied, He Offered Me VP Position In 2007 While Aware Of My Faith by God1000(m): 7:20am On Jul 24, 2022
Two confused and objectionable individuals engaging in recrimination, I can't stomach their shenanigans.

Atiku and Tinubu will never be president of this country, I reject them both.

Their chicanery will lead them to nowhere, these men don't have the right values that I want.

114 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Atiku Lied, He Offered Me VP Position In 2007 While Aware Of My Faith by Untainted007: 7:29am On Jul 24, 2022
Birds of a feather........

78 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Atiku Lied, He Offered Me VP Position In 2007 While Aware Of My Faith by derecho(m): 7:34am On Jul 24, 2022
Who in his right senses believes Tinubu?

372 Likes 87 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Atiku Lied, He Offered Me VP Position In 2007 While Aware Of My Faith by JASONjnr(m): 7:41am On Jul 24, 2022
Tinubu should go and rest abeg....

Atiku said he refused him the vice position when he asked for it and he's trying to defend nonsense...

If truly he was the one who rejected it... Why then is he coming up with Muslim Muslim ticket?

Exactly the same way he tried begging Buhari to take him and he refused....

Tinubu have been nurturing this move of bringing a Muslim Muslim ticket to test the christians.... it's his agenda and nobody should come and tell me that his wife is a pastor......

197 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Atiku Lied, He Offered Me VP Position In 2007 While Aware Of My Faith by vastolord4(m): 7:51am On Jul 24, 2022
Atuku knows Tinubu well thats why he challenged him for an hour interview

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Atiku Lied, He Offered Me VP Position In 2007 While Aware Of My Faith by arejibadz(m): 7:53am On Jul 24, 2022
Ok
Re: Tinubu: Atiku Lied, He Offered Me VP Position In 2007 While Aware Of My Faith by EmmyDJourno: 7:53am On Jul 24, 2022
Enough of Peter Obi talk
Let these two come slander eachother too let’s see who is more dirty

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Atiku Lied, He Offered Me VP Position In 2007 While Aware Of My Faith by Ruggedniggaone: 7:54am On Jul 24, 2022
Nonsense! He offered you vp position and you rejected it but you pressurised buhari to make you his vp in 2014 before you finally accomplished one of your life time ambition now with your Muslim Muslim ticket tinubu ti lule

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Atiku Lied, He Offered Me VP Position In 2007 While Aware Of My Faith by SensualMan: 7:54am On Jul 24, 2022
Lol. I thought this man was JAGABAN? grin
Why is he now so wussy?
Why now acting like a drowning man? shocked
In the past, this man will never respond to accusations or propaganda, and if he does its always with arrogance.

The memo is now clear to the drug addict. PO towers high and above him, his mate is now Atiku grin

No place for junkies and fantastically corrupt politicians to rule Nigeria again.

PO will win this election with a wide margin, very wide margin.

On President Peter Obi mandate I stand Gidigba!

60 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Atiku Lied, He Offered Me VP Position In 2007 While Aware Of My Faith by sotall(m): 7:54am On Jul 24, 2022
cool

Tinubu's desperation is now uncontrollable and there is nothing he can't say now to appear politically right even if it means scoring an own goal.

Mr desperado...between you and Atiku now, who is flying a religious-bigot ticket which is capable of dividing Nigeria ?

Was it Atiku that gave you Shettima the boko haram terrorist sympathizer?

47 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Atiku Lied, He Offered Me VP Position In 2007 While Aware Of My Faith by Iliveforever(m): 7:54am On Jul 24, 2022
So you were The one who rejected the offer?

You think we don’t know how desperate you are grin grin

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Atiku Lied, He Offered Me VP Position In 2007 While Aware Of My Faith by Wisetrue99: 7:55am On Jul 24, 2022
On this issue, I believe Atiku!

Nigerians, recall even Buhari refused to make him his VP and choose Osibanjo instead!

He himself admitted in a luncheon that Buhari did not keep that promise!

Before the emergence of Buhari as the flag bearer of APC, we all saw how he was hyping Atiku before it became obvious that there was a fall out!

If there is an award, When it comes to unapologetic lying with shamelessness, if you have been following these two, you will know that, Tinubu deserve it unopposed!

Nigerians are wiser!

48 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Atiku Lied, He Offered Me VP Position In 2007 While Aware Of My Faith by ipobarecriminals: 7:55am On Jul 24, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Atiku Lied, He Offered Me VP Position In 2007 While Aware Of My Faith by Lovenorth: 7:55am On Jul 24, 2022
We all know that Atiku is a pathological liar while Obi is a social media/ online president grin but Tinubu is our legitimate and offline next president

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Atiku Lied, He Offered Me VP Position In 2007 While Aware Of My Faith by Nobody: 7:55am On Jul 24, 2022
Their hearts are already cast in evil and hate. No matter how reasonable your argument is they will not buy into it!

"The best way to win an election today is to have a great yesterday that can bear you witness"
- The Jagaban

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Atiku Lied, He Offered Me VP Position In 2007 While Aware Of My Faith by CalabarPikin: 7:55am On Jul 24, 2022
Okay

Keep firing yourselves
The story go clear later
Re: Tinubu: Atiku Lied, He Offered Me VP Position In 2007 While Aware Of My Faith by Salvador1: 7:55am On Jul 24, 2022
It's only Peter Obi that can separate this fight.

11 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Atiku Lied, He Offered Me VP Position In 2007 While Aware Of My Faith by realmindz: 7:55am On Jul 24, 2022
While they fight in public, remember they wine and dine together in private.
Later on, they will become inlaws as their sons and daughters will tie the knot while hungry Nigerians will curse one another and sustain injuries for their sakes.
Use your head, argue on their behalf if you wish but don't lose your personal goals and relationships because of politicians

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Atiku Lied, He Offered Me VP Position In 2007 While Aware Of My Faith by Trapnews: 7:55am On Jul 24, 2022
grin The presidential contest is between these two, watch as Pitoobi supporters will hijack this discussion.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Atiku Lied, He Offered Me VP Position In 2007 While Aware Of My Faith by Maj196(m): 7:55am On Jul 24, 2022
Win win for Obi grin

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Atiku Lied, He Offered Me VP Position In 2007 While Aware Of My Faith by Jalinspy(f): 7:56am On Jul 24, 2022
Pot calling kettle black. In a sane world, both tinibu and atiku will be in prison worst than kirikiri prison. But most nigerians in their primitive thinking will still vote for them. Thank God I have escaped cool cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Atiku Lied, He Offered Me VP Position In 2007 While Aware Of My Faith by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 24, 2022
Round one!

Fight!!!

Two shameless unscrupulous, scathing, visionless, myopic, vicious, archaic old hag foolish polithiefcians...

And their blind supporters with cataracts sticking to them-Stockholm Syndrome...

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Atiku Lied, He Offered Me VP Position In 2007 While Aware Of My Faith by Hndrrxxx(m): 7:57am On Jul 24, 2022
Yeah we know he tweaking bru

That nigga slick asf

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Atiku Lied, He Offered Me VP Position In 2007 While Aware Of My Faith by kizolo(m): 7:57am On Jul 24, 2022
If Tinubu wins, he’ll be another president who only speaks through media aides or already written speeches. Little mental capacity to speak for himself.

Never again!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Atiku Lied, He Offered Me VP Position In 2007 While Aware Of My Faith by AntiChristian: 7:57am On Jul 24, 2022
Ah! Atiku oniro!
Re: Tinubu: Atiku Lied, He Offered Me VP Position In 2007 While Aware Of My Faith by SadiqBabaSani: 7:57am On Jul 24, 2022
Two Old deceitful old men

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Atiku Lied, He Offered Me VP Position In 2007 While Aware Of My Faith by Fibonacci88: 7:57am On Jul 24, 2022
A completely finished politician vs a politician that is finished completely. Wetin concern us. Obi is our next president.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Atiku Lied, He Offered Me VP Position In 2007 While Aware Of My Faith by SPTruth: 7:58am On Jul 24, 2022
The only thing that caught my attention was Atiku has been trying to be president for close to 30yrs, before many of his supporters were born. shocked shocked

11 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Atiku Lied, He Offered Me VP Position In 2007 While Aware Of My Faith by realmindz: 7:58am On Jul 24, 2022
Fahdiga:
Tales of two thieves exposing themselves. Who says our God is not wonderful. More of this please. They are entertaining Nigerians who have unanimously agreed to vote for Peter Obi.

And who told you peter obi is excluded.

Was it not atiku/obi just 4 years ago, what has changed?

This election will.be over and they will unite again and next 4 years decamp again and cause you sleepless nights

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Atiku Lied, He Offered Me VP Position In 2007 While Aware Of My Faith by RaptObserver: 7:58am On Jul 24, 2022
Counter attack. This is how the two main parties will concentrate the media on themselves when campaign fully starts. It is a trick to whittle down the influence of labour party.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos Of Township Hall Road, Igbaja Constructed By Kwara State Government / EFCC Formally Invites Femi Fani-kayode (see The Invitation Letter)(pic) / 75mw Solar Power Project To Be Ready 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.