Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,284 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Hellfire Does Not Exist! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hellfire Does Not Exist! (7242 Views)

Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) / Hadith Forbidding Hellfire To Anyone Who Informs Another Of A New Month / The Messages Of Grace And Hellfire: Which Has Had More Impact In Recent Times? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hellfire Does Not Exist! by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 01, 2011
I'm a VERY GOOD Christian! But a LOT of lies HAS been attributed to the TRUE GOD! An EXAMPLE is HELL FIRE! The word HELL is found in the BIBLE! But in the context in which it is used, it conveyed the meaning GRAVE, SHEOL! NEVER have i come ACROSS the word HELLFIRE, in the BIBLE not to talk of God punishing people in HELLFIRE!
These are my POINTS:

A loving GOD would NEVER PUNISH ANYONE ETERNALLY!

The SOUL does NOT SURVIVE the death of the BODY!

HELLFIRE is NOT even MENTIONED in the BIBLE!

The wages sin pays is DEATH!(Romans 6:23) He who has died has been ACQUITTED from his SIN! (Romans 6:7)

If the ABOVE Scriptures are TRUE, What point is there to PUNISH a DEAD PERSON? GOD aint WICKED!

The Grolier Universal Encyclopedia (1971, Vol. 9, p. 205) under “Hell” says: “Hindus and Buddhists regard hell as a place of spiritual cleansing and final restoration. Islamic tradition considers it as a place of everlasting punishment.” The idea of suffering after death is found among the pagan religious teachings of ancient peoples in Babylon and Egypt. Babylonian and Assyrian beliefs depicted the “nether world . . . as a place full of horrors, . . . presided over by gods and demons of great strength and fierceness.” Although ancient Egyptian religious texts do not teach that the burning of any individual victim would go on forever, they do portray the “Other World” as featuring “pits of fire” for “the damned.”—The Religion of Babylonia and Assyria, by Morris Jastrow, Jr., 1898, p. 581; The Book of the Dead, with introduction by E. Wallis Budge, 1960, pp. 135, 144, 149, 151, 153, 161, 200.

This is OPEN to debate of course! We are here to learn from each other! UNNECESSARY DERAILMENT would not be appreciated PLS! (Especially from ATHEISTS)

More points will flow once we get Discussing! For STARTERS, i'll like anyone to SHOW ME where HELLFIRE is in the BIBLE!
Re: Hellfire Does Not Exist! by mazaje(m): 4:12pm On Sep 01, 2011
Hell does not exist in reality. . .But there are biblical verses that talk about it. . . .

Matt 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Matt 5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast [it] from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not [that] thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Matt 5:30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast [it] from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not [that] thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Matt 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matt 11:23 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day.

Those are just a few from the book of matthew alone. . .How do you explain them away?. .
Re: Hellfire Does Not Exist! by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 01, 2011
Hell & Hellfire ARE NOT THE SAME!
Re: Hellfire Does Not Exist! by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 01, 2011
What then do you say about James 3:6?
Re: Hellfire Does Not Exist! by LoveKing(m): 5:02pm On Sep 01, 2011
@mazaje

shocked are you a closet christian atheist?
Re: Hellfire Does Not Exist! by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 01, 2011
^^^ He's trying to prove that ATHEIST knows the bible too! wink
Re: Hellfire Does Not Exist! by manakeagie: 7:25am On Sep 02, 2011
My Dear Brothers and Sisters Hell is real and Heaven is also real, So whatsoever you do look at life Eternal am sure Hell Fire Exits ,
Re: Hellfire Does Not Exist! by Purist(m): 7:51am On Sep 02, 2011
sexkillz:

NEVER have i come ACROSS the word HELLFIRE, in the BIBLE not to talk of God punishing people in HELLFIRE!

You should read your Bible more often, thou "VERY GOOD Christian"!

Matt 5:22, KJV -

But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his
    brother without a cause shall be in danger of the
    judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca,
    shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall
    say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of
hell fire.
Re: Hellfire Does Not Exist! by mazaje(m): 7:54am On Sep 02, 2011
sexkillz:

Hell & Hellfire ARE NOT THE SAME!

What is hell and what is hellfire? The bible also talks about hell fire, no?. . . .

sexkillz:

What then do you say about James 3:6?

That is just one of the contradictions of the bible, after all the bible is full of many many contradictions. . . .Seems the verse in James uses hell in a different context from the one Jesus use in other parts of the bible. . .

manakeagie:

My Dear Brothers and Sisters Hell is real and Heaven is also real,  So whatsoever you do look at life Eternal am sure Hell Fire Exits ,

Hell and heaven are real because you have evidence to show or because you are just parroting your baseless indoctrination? Real places always have evidence to back them and mythical places don't. . . .
Re: Hellfire Does Not Exist! by tEsLim(m): 2:33pm On Sep 02, 2011
Where did the concept come from? Its 2011! Hell doest exist and the idea is stupid. When you are dead you are dead. Dont even think of heaven either lol. Enjoy both hell and heaven while you are living. What goes around may come back around co-incidentally (karma) but still people should stop the madness of after life
Re: Hellfire Does Not Exist! by Azibalua(f): 3:22pm On Sep 02, 2011
sexkillz:

[font=segoe print][size=10pt]I'm a VERY GOOD Christian! But a LOT of lies HAS been attributed to the TRUE GOD! An EXAMPLE is HELL FIRE! The word HELL is found in the BIBLE! But in the context in which it is used, it conveyed the meaning GRAVE, SHEOL! NEVER have i come ACROSS the word HELLFIRE, in the BIBLE not to talk of God punishing people in HELLFIRE!
Which bible are you reading
[color=#770077]Matthew 18:9
9 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast[ it] from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.
Re: Hellfire Does Not Exist! by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 02, 2011
ALL RANTS! No one has proven BEYOND DOUBTS THAT HELL IS REAL! Where does it say that when you commit evil and you die, YOU GO TO HELL? WHERE? If my two eyes are Plucked out into hellfire, I AM STILL ALIVE! You keep missing the context of SCRIPTURES! shocked shocked shocked

Where is the LOCATION OF HELL?
Re: Hellfire Does Not Exist! by Purist(m): 5:51pm On Sep 02, 2011
^^ Living up to your reputation, eh? Why am I not surprised? cheesy

You and your Christian brethren should sort this one out among yourselves. I'm out!
Re: Hellfire Does Not Exist! by mazaje(m): 6:30pm On Sep 02, 2011
sexkillz:

ALL RANTS! No one has proven BEYOND DOUBTS THAT HELL IS REAL! Where does it say that when you commit evil and you die, YOU GO TO HELL? WHERE? If my two eyes are Plucked out into hellfire, I AM STILL ALIVE! You keep missing the context of SCRIPTURES! shocked shocked shocked

Where is the LOCATION OF HELL?

Ask your fellow christians that believe in that. . .You asked about passages that talked about hell fire in the bible and it was given to you. . .Why are you still screaming?
Re: Hellfire Does Not Exist! by claremont(m): 6:53pm On Sep 02, 2011
sexkillz:

I'm a VERY GOOD Christian! But a LOT of lies HAS been attributed to the TRUE GOD! An EXAMPLE is HELL FIRE!

For STARTERS, i'll like anyone to SHOW ME where HELLFIRE is in the BIBLE!

Matthew 5:22
"But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire".

Apparently, the "very bad Christians" are the ones who know that hell-fire has been specifically mentioned in the bible! cool
Re: Hellfire Does Not Exist! by mazaje(m): 7:56pm On Sep 02, 2011
Where is that blowhard called sexkillz?
Re: Hellfire Does Not Exist! by JeSoul(f): 8:17pm On Sep 02, 2011
The place doesn't exist now, so why are you people in here sweating yourselves & throwing punches into the thin air? cheesy
Re: Hellfire Does Not Exist! by thehomer: 9:52pm On Sep 02, 2011
sexkillz:

I'm a VERY GOOD Christian! But a LOT of lies HAS been attributed to the TRUE GOD! An EXAMPLE is HELL FIRE! The word HELL is found in the BIBLE! But in the context in which it is used, it conveyed the meaning GRAVE, SHEOL! NEVER have i come ACROSS the word HELLFIRE, in the BIBLE not to talk of God punishing people in HELLFIRE!
These are my POINTS:

A loving GOD would NEVER PUNISH ANYONE ETERNALLY!

The SOUL does NOT SURVIVE the death of the BODY!

The wages sin pays is DEATH!(Romans 6:23) He who has died has been ACQUITTED from his SIN! (Romans 6:7)

If the ABOVE Scriptures are TRUE, What point is there to PUNISH a DEAD PERSON? GOD aint WICKED!

[b][/b]

This is OPEN to debate of course! We are here to learn from each other! UNNECESSARY DERAILMENT would not be appreciated PLS! (Especially from ATHEISTS)

More points will flow once we get Discussing! For STARTERS, i'll like anyone to SHOW ME where HELLFIRE is in the BIBLE!

Hmm another confused labelled Christian. Looks like you're unfamiliar with your Bible. I also note that you're quoting from a writing that was assumed to be written by Paul. I wonder where you rank Jesus because several biblical quotes above refer to his alleged words.
Re: Hellfire Does Not Exist! by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 03, 2011
PATHETIC ATHEISTS! undecided What are you ALL doing HERE? I DONT NEED YOU BUNCH! undecided
Re: Hellfire Does Not Exist! by manmustwac(m): 9:23am On Sep 03, 2011
of course HELL don't exist. Heaven doesn't exist either. Both are imaginary.
Re: Hellfire Does Not Exist! by KnowAll(m): 10:09am On Sep 03, 2011
What of the story of the rich man and the poor man in the bible, when they met in hell and heaven. I believe Hell and Heaven exist, @ poster if you are sinning decease from that sin rather than spreading unnecessary spurious innuendos.
Re: Hellfire Does Not Exist! by tessyade: 10:12am On Sep 03, 2011
@poster,to say you are a CHRISTian & still not belief the sayings of CHRIST about Hell fire(as quoted) is a big irony.
Re: Hellfire Does Not Exist! by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 03, 2011
If truly ABRAHAM went to heaven, WHY would Jesus say NO MAN HAS ASCENDED TO HEAVEN? (JOHN 3:13) Was Jesus LYING? undecided
Re: Hellfire Does Not Exist! by thehomer: 10:54am On Sep 03, 2011
sexkillz:

If truly ABRAHAM went to heaven, WHY would Jesus say NO MAN HAS ASCENDED TO HEAVEN? (JOHN 3:13) Was Jesus LYING? undecided

Maybe. Or maybe he was just confused or you're confused since Jesus himself mentioned hell some of those passages have been quoted to you.
Re: Hellfire Does Not Exist! by mazaje(m): 11:08am On Sep 03, 2011
sexkillz:

What are these remember there are so many contradictions in the bible. . .One part says no man has ever seen God, yet another part talks about Moses seeing God. . .One thing with the bible is that it was written by different people that saw things differently so any thing can be supported by it. . Hell fire according to the bible is a real place you can deny it all you want but the bible talks about it as a real place. . .It does not exist in reality but the bible talks about it as a place that exist and you can't dent that. . .
Re: Hellfire Does Not Exist! by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 03, 2011
ATHEISTS! ---- Would you GUYS keep QUIET for once? undecided Stop Quoting from a BOOK you dont believe in! Damn! You guys are so Predictable! undecided Leave this to theists that can actually comprehend and reason! undecided
Re: Hellfire Does Not Exist! by InesQor(m): 11:43am On Sep 03, 2011
If you believe Light exists, then Darkness exists; it is the effect obtained when light is obstructed.

if you believe Heaven exists, then Hell exists too. No matter what the "proper name" for hell is.
Re: Hellfire Does Not Exist! by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 03, 2011
Hell EXISTS! Hell is also known as GRAVE, SHEOL, PIT! (Read other Translations) But Hellfire DOES NOT EXIST! And No where does the BIBLE say that Wicked people would ROAST for ETERNITY AFTER DEATH!
Re: Hellfire Does Not Exist! by KnowAll(m): 11:53am On Sep 03, 2011
Luke 16:19-31

There was a certain rich man who was splendidly clothed in purple and fine linen and who lived each day in luxury. At his gate lay a poor man named Lazarus who was covered with sores. As Lazarus lay there longing for scraps from the rich man’s table, the dogs would come and lick his open sores. “Finally, the poor man died and was carried by the angels to be with Abraham. The rich man also died and was buried, and his soul went to the place of the dead. There, in torment, he saw Abraham in the far distance with Lazarus at his side. “The rich man shouted, ‘Father Abraham, have some pity! Send Lazarus over here to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue. I am in anguish in these flames.’“But Abraham said to him, ‘Son, remember that during your lifetime you had everything you wanted, and Lazarus had nothing. So now he is here being comforted, and you are in anguish. And besides, there is a great chasm separating us. No one can cross over to you from here, and no one can cross over to us from there.’“Then the rich man said, ‘Please, Father Abraham, at least send him to my father’s home. For I have five brothers, and I want him to warn them so they don’t end up in this place of torment.’“But Abraham said, ‘Moses and the prophets have warned them. Your brothers can read what they wrote.’“The rich man replied, ‘No, Father Abraham! But if someone is sent to them from the dead, then they will repent of their sins and turn to God.’“But Abraham said, ‘If they won’t listen to Moses and the prophets, they won’t listen even if someone rises from the dead.”
Re: Hellfire Does Not Exist! by InesQor(m): 11:53am On Sep 03, 2011
@sexkillz

sexkillz:

Hell EXISTS! Hell is also known as GRAVE, SHEOL, PIT! (Read other Translations) But Hellfire DOES NOT EXIST!

The "fire" in hellfire relates to the anguish and despair that they experience and not really the kind of fire that you cook food with!

sexkillz:
And No where does the BIBLE say that Wicked people would ROAST for ETERNITY AFTER DEATH!

What about heaven? Will people who are not wicked [b]enjoy [/b]there for eternity after death?
Re: Hellfire Does Not Exist! by Nobody: 12:01pm On Sep 03, 2011
InesQor:

@sexkillz

The "fire" in hellfire relates to the anguish that they experience and not necessarily the kind of fire that you cook food with!
Are you trying to say that a part of the body or the WHOLE BODY SURVIVES DEATH? (Eccl 3:20) (Eccl 9:5-6)

InesQor:
What about heaven? Will people who are not wicked enjoy [/b]there for eternity after death?
NO! [b](Psalms 37:29)
Re: Hellfire Does Not Exist! by InesQor(m): 12:04pm On Sep 03, 2011
sexkillz:

Are you trying to say that a part of the body or the WHOLE BODY SURVIVES DEATH? (Eccl 3:20) (Eccl 9:5-6)

Did I mention "body"? What does despair and anguish mean to you? Are they felt in the body?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When An Atheist Dies And Is About To Enter Hell / Happy Easter To Every Nairaland Member! / Tb Joshua Replies Critics As He Is Live Now PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.