Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

₦‎4 Billion Bribe: CSOs Warn NASS Against Scuttling Emefiele Probe - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ₦‎4 Billion Bribe: CSOs Warn NASS Against Scuttling Emefiele Probe (25709 Views)

PDP Begs Wike As He Alleges Betrayal, ₦1 Billion Bribe / ICPC: We Can’t Prosecute Judges, Lawyers Involved In ₦9.4 Billion Bribe / "Kwankwaso Behind Video Of Governor Ganduje Receiving $5m Bribe" - CSOs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ₦‎4 Billion Bribe: CSOs Warn NASS Against Scuttling Emefiele Probe by CalabarPikin: 1:23pm On Dec 25, 2022
In all this, PMB is silent means plenty
Re: ₦‎4 Billion Bribe: CSOs Warn NASS Against Scuttling Emefiele Probe by wpadmin: 1:24pm On Dec 25, 2022
Okealaaye:
The legislators look after their own interests, making it look like they're fighting our cause. Now that we have woken up to smell the coffee, we know who our friends are! The fact that they do not support the current changes in our monetary policies is enough reason to know that the policies are anti-them. Selfish gluttons.

Emefiele contested for presidency as a sitting CBN governor, nobody probed him.

He printed trillions of Naira, nobody probed him.

Then he brought a monetary policy that will affect majorly the legislators, now they want to probe him.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦‎4 Billion Bribe: CSOs Warn NASS Against Scuttling Emefiele Probe by poseidon12: 1:27pm On Dec 25, 2022
You guys should postpone the probe until after the presidential election.

2 Likes

Re: ₦‎4 Billion Bribe: CSOs Warn NASS Against Scuttling Emefiele Probe by 234daniel2010(m): 1:29pm On Dec 25, 2022
NotKnown:
This time around its corrupt politicians and election riggers fighting back

Let just say what it is, it’s APC pushing to ensure the policy doesn’t see day light. We need to come together and vote out this old thieves, 2023 is the time we have to make that happen.

3 Likes

Re: ₦‎4 Billion Bribe: CSOs Warn NASS Against Scuttling Emefiele Probe by Scamburster(m): 1:30pm On Dec 25, 2022
Lovenorth:
God bless the CBN governor
Long time.

1 Like

Re: ₦‎4 Billion Bribe: CSOs Warn NASS Against Scuttling Emefiele Probe by Timmi: 1:32pm On Dec 25, 2022
Okealaaye:
The legislators look after their own interests, making it look like they're fighting our cause. Now that we have woken up to smell the coffee, we know who our friends are! The fact that they do not support the current changes in our monetary policies is enough reason to know that the policies are anti-them. Selfish gluttons.

These dishonorable Honorables are never for Nigerians interest. They can sell their mother for a cup of coffee

1 Like

Re: ₦‎4 Billion Bribe: CSOs Warn NASS Against Scuttling Emefiele Probe by abokimallam: 1:37pm On Dec 25, 2022
Illuminatiship:
Nigeria is a country ruled by political thieves and the citizens are educated illiterates
On point...,,.....
They succeed only because they use religion and tribe to divide us,the educated political illiterates.Only when the northern and southern people come together to rescue Nigeria from these our common enemies, so long true development would elude us.

1 Like

Re: ₦‎4 Billion Bribe: CSOs Warn NASS Against Scuttling Emefiele Probe by Realist777: 1:42pm On Dec 25, 2022
Guyman01:
Buhari is standing with Emefiele on this, he knows about the desperation of APC to deal with him before the elections in February 2023.
Vote buying is under threat and that's what they worried about and not the corruption
I believe that Buhari is solidly behind him because the biggest approach to reducing vote buying is this currency redesign and the withdrawal policy.
The president has been emphasizing on free, fair and credible elections so if he really wants to fulfill such promises, the volume of cash outside of the bank should be drastically reduced and that is exactly what the CBN has done.
The bigwigs will continue to fight the CBN governor but is he clean enough to fight back ?

4 Likes

Re: ₦‎4 Billion Bribe: CSOs Warn NASS Against Scuttling Emefiele Probe by windvane(m): 1:45pm On Dec 25, 2022
Anyone that thinks it's politically Inclined looks like a fool to me....all political parties get enough dollars for home and abroad....
If you think a political power house like Nigeria will be fight for naira,Ur mum never do.....
Politicians in my country spend dollars...
Re: ₦‎4 Billion Bribe: CSOs Warn NASS Against Scuttling Emefiele Probe by joefelin2345: 1:50pm On Dec 25, 2022
Mumusaphire:
This is Nigeria. Everybody is a criminal.
Pls stop this your generalisation that everyone in Nigeria is a criminal without any concrete evidence.

1 Like

Re: ₦‎4 Billion Bribe: CSOs Warn NASS Against Scuttling Emefiele Probe by backtovillage: 1:50pm On Dec 25, 2022
Where are the idiots praising Emeifele?
Re: ₦‎4 Billion Bribe: CSOs Warn NASS Against Scuttling Emefiele Probe by Masterclass32: 1:56pm On Dec 25, 2022
This people want the CBN governor down by all means.
Re: ₦‎4 Billion Bribe: CSOs Warn NASS Against Scuttling Emefiele Probe by bdon123(m): 2:01pm On Dec 25, 2022
dgr8truth:
See ehn this country it seems president Buhari is not in charge, for certain persons to challenge policies that the president has consented to, and even plotting to truncate and undermine these policies without thinking of the consequences from the president shows president Buhari has lost it.

The president needs to bear the full weight of his office to restore sanity to governance.

Well meaning Nigerians should constantly called a spade a spade, we should have no place for indiscipline and big man syndrome. Nigeria is our only country and should be protected and sustained for the next generation.

Please president Buhari exert the full weight of the presidency, enough of this show of disrespect, and 'who dey there mentality'.
Exactly wat i hav been saying.Is emefiele executive arm of government.I mean if u dnt like his policies,then complain to d president his employer.All this stupid bankrolled anti corruption group protesting emefiele for actions he took wit backing of president are jst been stupid.This is a case of competency nt criminal or corruption related.

1 Like

Re: ₦‎4 Billion Bribe: CSOs Warn NASS Against Scuttling Emefiele Probe by bdon123(m): 2:02pm On Dec 25, 2022
jlinkd78:
No one knows what to and who to believe again. My honest take is that Emefiele should be ignored till immediately after d election then he could be picked up to answer all allegations against him. This is because d political elites can do anything to label a dog a bad name to hang it
Wat allegations exactly?
Re: ₦‎4 Billion Bribe: CSOs Warn NASS Against Scuttling Emefiele Probe by Reference(m): 2:07pm On Dec 25, 2022
Masterclass32:
This people want the CBN governor down by all means.

He put himself down. Ridiculed the institution by dabbling into murky partisan politics and retail banking. He brought the ant infested wood into the hallowed Central Bank and the nature of high finance is fighting back.

Once again. Without restructuring, Nigeria just cannot experience a better next year.
Re: ₦‎4 Billion Bribe: CSOs Warn NASS Against Scuttling Emefiele Probe by bdon123(m): 2:07pm On Dec 25, 2022
Ogaga87:
Just change naira note and set withdrawal limit

Them wan kill this man

Na you know corruption is visible and can be dealt with...

If Buhari had not come from North, some could have invent ISIS to burn this country just to destroy him..

Those funding terrorism with hidden fund are crying, let them all cry..

Enough of allowing all these old men who have nothing to lose to continue destroying the little we have..
Yes exactly,d financers of terrorism are d ones fighting emefiele right now.jst becos he changed notes n instituted limits on cash withdrawal....thereby making those who stacked billions underground n in d forest poor men.If ur billions is legit take it to d bank na n deposit.D thieves,bandits n terrorist are fighting Emefiele for monetary policy.
Where were this bastards wen emefiele dey kii our naira n spoil economy.

2 Likes

Re: ₦‎4 Billion Bribe: CSOs Warn NASS Against Scuttling Emefiele Probe by Dspsalvate: 2:08pm On Dec 25, 2022
One pertinent question I'll like to ask is, why did I happen to find myself in a country where an approach to one not yet solve problem (and may not ever be solve) would result in the birth of another seven deadly problems -why
Re: ₦‎4 Billion Bribe: CSOs Warn NASS Against Scuttling Emefiele Probe by greggng: 2:11pm On Dec 25, 2022
Sometimes I begin to ask if truly we want good leaders in this country. The governor of Central Bank came up with a policy which was endorsed by Mr president ...the next day he was attacked and national assembly summoned him .. The essence of the summon is for him to come and explain the policy and why Nigerians will benefit from it . He has not visited the national assembly cos he has cogent reason not to. He has to attend to his health first b4 and meeting . Na person wey dey alive the respond to questions . Right now some naive people are now accusing the national assembly of taking bribe ...Mt question is bribe fir what? Did emefele comit any crime ? When does going to the national assembly to answer questiin on a policy become an opportunity to bribe any one? We should stop being petty...The truth is that thus policy is gonna be very effective to checkmate vote buying or corruption in the electoral process . As usual those that cannot win without rigging will even want emefele death in other to have there way .

1 Like

Re: ₦‎4 Billion Bribe: CSOs Warn NASS Against Scuttling Emefiele Probe by Austriaopen(m): 2:15pm On Dec 25, 2022
Ogaga87:
Just change naira note and set withdrawal limit

Them wan kill this man

Na you know corruption is visible and can be dealt with...

If Buhari had not come from North, some could have invent ISIS to burn this country just to destroy him..

Those funding terrorism with hidden fund are crying, let them all cry..

Enough of allowing all these old men who have nothing to lose to continue destroying the little we have..

Ona go just come public forum dey talk wetin una no know.

Read news,you won't read. Go to YouTube and watch videos,na lie.

See how you come disgrace yourself on what you know nothing about. Smh
Re: ₦‎4 Billion Bribe: CSOs Warn NASS Against Scuttling Emefiele Probe by bdon123(m): 2:16pm On Dec 25, 2022
windvane:
Anyone that thinks it's politically Inclined looks like a fool to me....all political parties get enough dollars for home and abroad....
If you think a political power house like Nigeria will be fight for naira,Ur mum never do.....
Politicians in my country spend dollars...
U dnt know wat u saying.do we buy food wit dollar?wont those wit dollar still change naira.Do u buy votes in dollars.Answer is no.Normally this people change their dollar to naira cash at aboki place,not via banks.Now that there is cash limit,aboki cannot pay cash....he can only do transfer n thats d problem.No enough cash outside d banking system to buy votes n intimidate voters.

2 Likes

Re: ₦‎4 Billion Bribe: CSOs Warn NASS Against Scuttling Emefiele Probe by Enyimbamercedes: 2:17pm On Dec 25, 2022
Emefiele is a rascal. He is currently in hiding and has disbursed the bribes to the honorable thieves in the Legislature.

Nothing will happen to him
Re: ₦‎4 Billion Bribe: CSOs Warn NASS Against Scuttling Emefiele Probe by bdon123(m): 2:19pm On Dec 25, 2022
To all this bastards thieves that hav hidden our national health underground .To d kidnappers that have huge sum of naira cash n cant deposit ,to bandits in forest wit alot of raw cash ....we say Emefiele is coming for u.
This is a master stroke to illegal money outside d banking system.If ur cash is legit,go n deposit in d bank.

1 Like

Re: ₦‎4 Billion Bribe: CSOs Warn NASS Against Scuttling Emefiele Probe by OdefaGirl(f): 2:35pm On Dec 25, 2022
Enemyofpeace:
Very useless country, with a very useless leaders.

Odefagirl please come inside my room and help me to scratch my back jare

Today of all days...... to scratch your back? grin grin grin
Re: ₦‎4 Billion Bribe: CSOs Warn NASS Against Scuttling Emefiele Probe by AdaojoTheUrchin: 2:39pm On Dec 25, 2022
Fake CSOs sponsored by the corrupt NASS politicians themselves.

Who is fooling who? grin

1 Like

Re: ₦‎4 Billion Bribe: CSOs Warn NASS Against Scuttling Emefiele Probe by wirinet(m): 2:50pm On Dec 25, 2022
dgr8truth:
See ehn this country it seems president Buhari is not in charge, for certain persons to challenge policies that the president has consented to, and even plotting to truncate and undermine these policies without thinking of the consequences from the president shows president Buhari has lost it.

The president needs to bear the full weight of his office to restore sanity to governance.

Well meaning Nigerians should constantly called a spade a spade, we should have no place for indiscipline and big man syndrome. Nigeria is our only country and should be protected and sustained for the next generation.

Please president Buhari exert the full weight of the presidency, enough of this show of disrespect, and 'who dey there mentality'.

E shock me o. Buhari be like decoration inside Aso Rock. Everyone is doing as he or she pleases with no control. Nigeria is like a rudderless ship without a captain in the open ocean.
Imagine Emefiele changing Nigeria's currency without approval from national assembly or the finance ministry. I will not be surprised if Buhari himself was not aware.
Re: ₦‎4 Billion Bribe: CSOs Warn NASS Against Scuttling Emefiele Probe by wirinet(m): 2:51pm On Dec 25, 2022
AdaojoTheUrchin:
Fake CSOs sponsored by the corrupt NASS politicians themselves.

Who is fooling who? grin

I know he is your brother, so he must be defended without even looking into the allegations. That's the Nigerian spirit.
Re: ₦‎4 Billion Bribe: CSOs Warn NASS Against Scuttling Emefiele Probe by Peterosky(m): 2:52pm On Dec 25, 2022
I thank God that Nigerians are beginning to be wise.These thieves and their CSOS are only wasting their time. Emefiele is very perfect on this monetary policy and he goes no where. This is the best time to be called a Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: ₦‎4 Billion Bribe: CSOs Warn NASS Against Scuttling Emefiele Probe by Babastrong(m): 2:53pm On Dec 25, 2022
I just discovered the fact that if you want to be rich in this country. You must be mad.
Re: ₦‎4 Billion Bribe: CSOs Warn NASS Against Scuttling Emefiele Probe by wirinet(m): 3:03pm On Dec 25, 2022
Peterosky:
I thank God that Nigerians are beginning to be wise.These thieves and their CSOS are only wasting their time. Emefiele is very perfect on this monetary policy and he goes no where. This is the best time to be called a Nigerian.

Perfect on monetary policy? Which monetary policy had Emefiele implemented in the 8 years in charge of Central Bank of Nigeria?
Is it the dollar he met at less than N200 he met in 2014 and is now over N700?
Is the absolute lack of regulation on the banks that steal depositors money without restrictions?
Is it the corrupt and opaque currency market regime that makes it practically impossible for honest Nigerians to buy foreign currency at CBN rates?
Is it the the policy of making our debit and credit cards useless for international transactions making it difficult to pay for goods and services abroad?

The way he is implementing this currency change is so chaotic that its a disaster waiting to happen. We will beganto see the consequences in January.
Re: ₦‎4 Billion Bribe: CSOs Warn NASS Against Scuttling Emefiele Probe by CheapHomes1: 3:17pm On Dec 25, 2022
Dialpad:
Where is the CBN governor?

Good question. When the heat was in, the man ran abroad claiming illl health

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Should Stop Mocking Democracy With ‘ojuju Calabar’ Trial – Fayose / Bukola Saraki Visits President Buhari At The State House (photo) / Pictures Of Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL 2019)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.