Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

Obi Donates ₦3m To Benue IDPs, Says Nigerians Should Not Be Living Like Refugees - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Donates ₦3m To Benue IDPs, Says Nigerians Should Not Be Living Like Refugees (17936 Views)

Peter Obi Donates Borehole In Birnin Kebbi (pictures) / FG Donates 250 Bags Of Spoilt Beans, Other Items To Benue IDPs - Independent / Sanusi Living 'Like A Prisoner' In Nasarawa, Police, NSCDC Deny Visitors Access (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi Donates ₦3m To Benue IDPs, Says Nigerians Should Not Be Living Like Refugees by fuckJones(f): 9:14am On Dec 26, 2022
obi run away from ipob they created
Re: Obi Donates ₦3m To Benue IDPs, Says Nigerians Should Not Be Living Like Refugees by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 26, 2022
SirLakes:
Balablu and Dubai man should also donate to IDPs from the cash they looted as well....

Make Saint Obi spend more from his own looted funds....he can do better tongue

They said the money Dubai man looted as VP will feed 300 million people for 400yrs grin

Looks like you learned from the people who gave "false promises of a certain utopia" to us in 2015, because you are now doing exactly the same thing they did way back then. Peter Obi is a public figure in Nigeria, so we knew him in the past just as we know him now. We can remember certain things which were not expected from a gentleman about him. We know where he's coming from. Meaning that he's not DIFFERENT FROM THE OTHER POLITICIANS! We know that he too stinks like the others and deodorising him is needless. His Excellency Peter Obi does not need an introduction. In any case, as freeborn Africans, we respect OLD AGE, not just because we're taught to do so, but we are aware that true wisdom resides in advanced years. In addition, we're aware of many other countries in the world where old men preside over the affairs of the country and the result is advanced improvement in all national affairs. We know of Malaysia especially, where a former president was recalled from retirement at age 88, because the younger president mismanaged governance. But the man was still president when he died in 2018 at the age of 92 years! So we're not blind as we can see the coffee. There's no need asking us to wake up to smell it!"
Re: Obi Donates ₦3m To Benue IDPs, Says Nigerians Should Not Be Living Like Refugees by Blaze14k: 9:21am On Dec 26, 2022
ChukwuObe:
This guy is really afraid of spending the money he duped the Biafrans in diaspora

Wait he duped biafrans in diaspora and they are not complaining.. so whats ur headache? Oh besides we can see the huge sum pf money Tinubu is donating without being questioned. How can the likes of u complain of corruption yet u cant spot a man that is corrupt? No be juju be dat?
Re: Obi Donates ₦3m To Benue IDPs, Says Nigerians Should Not Be Living Like Refugees by clevybrown(m): 9:22am On Dec 26, 2022
ufotty2001:
3m.. this is laughable
Not stolen money.....
Re: Obi Donates ₦3m To Benue IDPs, Says Nigerians Should Not Be Living Like Refugees by Realrealfact: 9:27am On Dec 26, 2022
Peter Obi is better
Re: Obi Donates ₦3m To Benue IDPs, Says Nigerians Should Not Be Living Like Refugees by mrvitalis(m): 9:30am On Dec 26, 2022
MasterTeeUSA:
Again, it all sounds nice but most oppositions cannot even trust the State Govs not to talk of the Local Govts. If the LGAs do not have autonomy, they will be under the direction of the Govs. You mention Western societies, and I can speak to that. Mayors have their degrees of autonomy, and their own policing and they have civilian boards and organizations that check for police misconduct...and still, there is widespread discrimination against blacks and minorities in the so-called Western societies not to talk of Nigeria. I like when we have informed discussions and debates like this, so I appreciate you for engaging.

In terms of the agricultural sector, mechanized farming is the key to producing food on the large scale not relocating thousands of people back to clashes with the hope that things will be resolved. If there is a miscalculation on the part of the Govt, people will forget it was once a good idea and blame the Govt. Relocate people away from conflict areas, mechanize agriculture that will need very few people and very few police/soldiers to protect, create militarized zones and shoot to kill. We are playing with danger by electing leaders that say what people want to hear even when to some of us, it makes absolutely no sense.

This argument is flawed we can have state and local police that's still controlled by the Nigerian police commission
Re: Obi Donates ₦3m To Benue IDPs, Says Nigerians Should Not Be Living Like Refugees by otipoju(m): 9:31am On Dec 26, 2022
MasterTeeUSA:
Many months ago, years ago, I had wondered during GEJ why people kept dying without any viable solutions. In my own little analysis, I came up with a suggestion I had wanted to pen in an article, remove everyone from the outskirts of towns and villages, relocate them until you can guarantee their safety...they go after the criminals. By so doing, you prevent lots of collateral damage and keep people safe. As a matter of fact, I felt the govt should condemn some areas, level the villages, and create militarized zones that if anyone crosses, shoot to kill. To prevent an inter-village crisis, I felt this idea would work as well.

Years later, govt created the IDPs to allow for relocations. After many years, those in Borno State are finally being relocated back to areas built by the Govt with safety and protection among the conclaves.

The issue I have with people like Peter Obi is...they don't think about issues deeply and just run about saying what should be done or not be done. If he becomes the President and relocates all these people, it would cost more to keep them safe and someone like him will be reluctant to create IDPs. It might seem like a great idea or make for Monday Morning Talk Show for folks that don't do research or think deeply, but when you look at the idea behind IDPs, it has kept lots of people safe. I do think the Govt should have very good schools, hospitals, and proper welfare within the IDPs, but closing them down without say ...recruiting soldiers, police, and security infrastructures and putting in place so many things is a recipe for disaster. Leaders do not think about what is popular, they do what is RIGHT. I pray we choose and vote wisely. Obama was a good example...he was less effective in solving lots of issues...even ObamaCare had to be saved from itself.

You have thought deeply about the problem but still don't understand how to solve it.

The way forward is to first Identify and swiftly purge the military of all treacherous commanders in all branches of the armed forces, and law enforcement agencies who aid and abett the herdsmen and terrorists footsoldiers.

Also, neutralize all civilian sponsors and cut off their logistics supply chain.

Secretly employ the use of experienced mercenaries who specialize in ambidextrous warfare. This will reduce incidences of sabotage and ambush and quickly get the job done.

Create strong border protection and patrols to eliminate the ease with which undocumented foreigners gain access into the country.

Government should then invest and encourage investors in modern commercial cattle ranching in each state to gradually replace the problematic itinerant methods.
Re: Obi Donates ₦3m To Benue IDPs, Says Nigerians Should Not Be Living Like Refugees by PandoraObi: 9:36am On Dec 26, 2022
kelly72:

How did you spend your Christmas? Surely, you were at HOME with your family having the best food and drink you can afford, right?

How then was it wrong to go and be with those who had no home, no food and no family to be with on Christmas day?

Thr wickedness that you people are promoting in Nigeria will arrive your family and follow you for centuries.
What is Christmas? I don't celebrate paganism, from December 23 to 27, I am in Deeper Life camp enjoying the presence of the Lord, well I never said it is wrong to celebrate your paganism in hypocrisy, why now, IDPs have been there since the time of Jonathan, when boko haram swinged into full fledged killing, but your lord and saviour Peter Obi ignored them until he need their votes, why is he in kogi and Benue states that he had disastrous campaign, Bornu IDP camp is the biggest. the same Igbos insulted others for doing the same. You are breeding violence and you want peace? your utterances, declaration and the remaining evil in you, are for you and your family members unless GOD is dead
Re: Obi Donates ₦3m To Benue IDPs, Says Nigerians Should Not Be Living Like Refugees by Sleekfingers: 10:01am On Dec 26, 2022
clinician2x:

Can ur father afford to give them 1k?

Can't you make your comment without insult? No wonder Desmond Elliott called you and your likes children....

Na Ogun go use your blood bathe , before the end of this year.....iku Oro lo ma ku
Re: Obi Donates ₦3m To Benue IDPs, Says Nigerians Should Not Be Living Like Refugees by clinician2x: 10:03am On Dec 26, 2022
Sleekfingers:

Can't you make your comment without insult? No wonder Desmond Elliott called you and your likes children....

Na Ogun go use your blood bathe , before the end of this year.....iku Oro lo ma ku

Your papa blood will be too derogatory to Ogun self to use baff or drink.

Somebody gave a rejected group 3 m to use do Xmas.

Your useless father no even give them 1k.

U yourself no fit give them 10#.

But the 3m somebody gave u are not happy.

You are a fool.

Ogun go use ur papa blood feed him pet vultures tonight.
Re: Obi Donates ₦3m To Benue IDPs, Says Nigerians Should Not Be Living Like Refugees by Gandrova: 10:03am On Dec 26, 2022
G00DHardDick:
A Great leader and a great president!

Thank you sir, our incoming president peter Babatunde Hassan Oluwadare Ahmed Osamudiamen Obi GCFR president of Nigeria 2023-2031.

It is certain Obi is the next president of Nigeria
You lack common sense. Heobi can only rule Biafra Country
Re: Obi Donates ₦3m To Benue IDPs, Says Nigerians Should Not Be Living Like Refugees by Navalsadiq(m): 10:04am On Dec 26, 2022
He is now giving out shishi
Re: Obi Donates ₦3m To Benue IDPs, Says Nigerians Should Not Be Living Like Refugees by Gandrova: 10:05am On Dec 26, 2022
3nity7:
u no get sense.
You father no get Sense
Re: Obi Donates ₦3m To Benue IDPs, Says Nigerians Should Not Be Living Like Refugees by SirLakes: 10:08am On Dec 26, 2022
Okealaaye:

Does your balablu look like the former Malaysia president you mentioned. Balablu that inherited estates from his unknown parents... Balablu is a big fraud... you sef you know... but Continue grin
Re: Obi Donates ₦3m To Benue IDPs, Says Nigerians Should Not Be Living Like Refugees by jamace(m): 10:27am On Dec 26, 2022
A blessed N3m gift is better than a cursed stolen N3b

Re: Obi Donates ₦3m To Benue IDPs, Says Nigerians Should Not Be Living Like Refugees by GoodCane: 10:32am On Dec 26, 2022
Gandrova:
You lack common sense. Heobi can only rule Biafra Country

He didn't steal the money like Tinubu and Atiku did. Those ones go around donating 50m out of stolen funds and embezzlement

However tehifnubu can only rule oduduwa online Country
Re: Obi Donates ₦3m To Benue IDPs, Says Nigerians Should Not Be Living Like Refugees by olamike02: 10:41am On Dec 26, 2022
Sir Obi the Pandora gave 3million to curry their votes. Unfortunately it won't take you to Aso Rock.
Re: Obi Donates ₦3m To Benue IDPs, Says Nigerians Should Not Be Living Like Refugees by Madups(m): 10:45am On Dec 26, 2022
ufotty2001:
3m.. this is laughable
Oga know how him hutsle make him first 3mill nor be that rogue wey you de support wey steal public funds to acquire him first millions.
Re: Obi Donates ₦3m To Benue IDPs, Says Nigerians Should Not Be Living Like Refugees by Johel(m): 10:59am On Dec 26, 2022
Re: Obi Donates ₦3m To Benue IDPs, Says Nigerians Should Not Be Living Like Refugees by Johel(m): 11:02am On Dec 26, 2022
ufotty2001:
3m.. this is laughable

Have your father dropped 1m in your family before??
Re: Obi Donates ₦3m To Benue IDPs, Says Nigerians Should Not Be Living Like Refugees by ChukwuObe: 11:03am On Dec 26, 2022
3nity7:
u no get sense.

I get sense more than you as I am not Osu
Re: Obi Donates ₦3m To Benue IDPs, Says Nigerians Should Not Be Living Like Refugees by edungene7: 11:13am On Dec 26, 2022
darkness has never defeated light come 2023 every darkness in this country must give way light is coming obi is coming
Re: Obi Donates ₦3m To Benue IDPs, Says Nigerians Should Not Be Living Like Refugees by Gandrova: 12:01pm On Dec 26, 2022
G00DHardDick:

He didn't steal the money like Tinubu and Atiku did. Those ones go around donating 50m out of stolen funds and embezzlement

However tehifnubu can only rule oduduwa online Country
Lolz! He thinks Nigerians can fall for the cheap Political gimmicks he is playing! February would shock him grin
Re: Obi Donates ₦3m To Benue IDPs, Says Nigerians Should Not Be Living Like Refugees by Ibraheem02: 12:19pm On Dec 26, 2022
G00DHardDick:
A Great leader and a great president!

Thank you sir, our incoming president peter Babatunde Hassan Oluwadare Ahmed Osamudiamen Obi GCFR president of Nigeria 2023-2031.

It is certain Obi is the next president of Nigeria
president in ur dreams, chinedu
Re: Obi Donates ₦3m To Benue IDPs, Says Nigerians Should Not Be Living Like Refugees by Ibraheem02: 12:26pm On Dec 26, 2022
jamace:
A blessed N3m gift is better than a cursed stolen N3b
like if they give u the 3b u won't collect it , chibuzor take time with this ur lies ooh
Re: Obi Donates ₦3m To Benue IDPs, Says Nigerians Should Not Be Living Like Refugees by freeborn02: 1:58pm On Dec 26, 2022
ChukwuObe:
This guy is really afraid of spending the money he duped the Biafrans in diaspora

The money Obi duped Anambrians is just a tiny fraction of what tinubu duped lagosians.
Re: Obi Donates ₦3m To Benue IDPs, Says Nigerians Should Not Be Living Like Refugees by jamace(m): 2:04pm On Dec 26, 2022
Ibraheem02:
like if they give u the 3b u won't collect it , chibuzor take time with this ur lies ooh
If Ibraheem will accept a cursed money, I will not.
Re: Obi Donates ₦3m To Benue IDPs, Says Nigerians Should Not Be Living Like Refugees by MasterTeeUSA: 5:57pm On Dec 26, 2022
The problem with all the things you mentioned is that they are not realistic. If I ask you what is the border line between Niger Republic and Nigeria alone, you probably do not know. When you think of a difficult problem as so simple, that is a test that you wont lead well. Now let me debunk all your arguments.

1. Purge the military...HOW? We dont run a military or dictatorial system of governance so explain that.
2. In employing mercenaries..I will advice you to look into Mali and Francophone countries that have used the French troops for a while. Where are they now?
3.Border protection is part of my leveling villages and creating militarized zones...if you dont relocate people, how can you tell the locals from the enemies...they all dress alike
4. Investors will never come into a system that is unpredictable with increased chances of failure.

Feel free to defend your positions.

otipoju:

You have thought deeply about the problem but still don't understand how to solve it.

The way forward is to first Identify and swiftly purge the military of all treacherous commanders in all branches of the armed forces, and law enforcement agencies who aid and abett the herdsmen and terrorists footsoldiers.

Also, neutralize all civilian sponsors and cut off their logistics supply chain.

Secretly employ the use of experienced mercenaries who specialize in ambidextrous warfare. This will reduce incidences of sabotage and ambush and quickly get the job done.

Create strong border protection and patrols to eliminate the ease with which undocumented foreigners gain access into the country.

Government should then invest and encourage investors in modern commercial cattle ranching in each state to gradually replace the problematic itinerant methods.

Re: Obi Donates ₦3m To Benue IDPs, Says Nigerians Should Not Be Living Like Refugees by MasterTeeUSA: 6:00pm On Dec 26, 2022
It is not flawed because the argument is that we need state and local policing so they won't be receiving orders from Abuja...so how can a National police commission monitor a doubling or tripling of our police force. You think western countries use National Police to supervise city polities and county police...the answer is ABSOLUTELY NO and I know what I am talking about.

mrvitalis:

This argument is flawed we can have state and local police that's still controlled by the Nigerian police commission
Re: Obi Donates ₦3m To Benue IDPs, Says Nigerians Should Not Be Living Like Refugees by MasterTeeUSA: 6:05pm On Dec 26, 2022
Then you will be smarter than United Nation that over many decades have established similar camps to first protect people before relocating them. It is not ideal but its a cheaper alternative that saves more lives. Of course, there might be attacks on IDPs, but it is still easier to secure IDPs than people scattered everywhere within communities. If you cannot guarantee their safety, I still think IDPs still make sense.

You don't have to agree with my argument. Insulting me that my ideas lack deep thoughts says a lot about you more so than me. We should be able to make points, counter and debunk without insults. I am not sure why we have gotten this low as humans.

Trustyourself:

Your idea lack deep thoughts...
Do you think establishing a permanent stay for the IDPs within the camp will bring a lasting solution to insecurity? Haven't you seen or heard where IDPs camps were attacked on different occasions. Tackling the economic challenges remains the most viable solution to insecurity issues. When your country is the "world poverty capital", what else do you expect? Poverty is the leading cause of all forms of social-vices...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

CSU Registra, Caleb Westberg Did Not Say "Forgery Is A Nigerian Thing" / Osisikankwu,dead? / An Exclusive Interview With Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.