Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,028 members, 7,828,611 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Libyan Rebels Promised France 35% Oil In Exchange For Supporting Them - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Libyan Rebels Promised France 35% Oil In Exchange For Supporting Them (5317 Views)

Zimbabwe Adopts Chinese Yuan As Official Legal Tender In Exchange For $40m Debt / “don’t Blame Us For Not Supporting The Nigerian Army” – US Senator / Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Libyan Rebels Promised France 35% Oil In Exchange For Supporting Them by thameamead(f): 12:55pm On Sep 02, 2011
denitro:

Congratulations to the French. (Smart Move)
Shame on the AU.
Congratulation to G.E.J for recognizing the T.N.C (Smart Move)
Gaddafi is finished, (a leader must be accepted by the majority of citizens
and he cannot force himself on the people, it will backfire oneday)

the "U" in the African Union stands for USELESS, the rebels are executing black african migrants, raping their wives/girlfriends while the African Union look on, i called Amnensty International this morning about the killing of innocent black african migrants by the rebels this morning, the scumbag at Amnensty was quite rude to me, he asked me why African Leaders and African Union were not speaking out, I told him these atrocities were on youtube and he advised me to get intouch with African Union, these human rights organisations are pick and mix hypocrites. Even the Nigerian High Commission in London were not helpful either when i called them on wednesday to voice my concerns, i was told there was nothing they could do despite the guy telling him he saw the footage of Nigerian men bn slapped around by the rebels on a news channel.
Re: Libyan Rebels Promised France 35% Oil In Exchange For Supporting Them by dejiariyo1: 1:10pm On Sep 02, 2011
Why is everyone blaming the AU? The AU was against the war from the beginning and they went as far as sending representative down to LIBYA but NATO and the imperialist nation told the REBELS not to seize fire instead America,Britain and France keep arming them. So how is that the AU's fault and if you all remember same thing happened in Ivory Coast.
The fact is these imperialist nations dont give a damn about Africa or any African Union,you can see they always refer to this war as if its happening in Arab world forgetting that Libya is in Africa.
They used words like Arab revolution instead of Africa revolution or North Africa revolution, anyway Nigerians be prepared.
Re: Libyan Rebels Promised France 35% Oil In Exchange For Supporting Them by Nayah(f): 1:11pm On Sep 02, 2011
^^ we're blaming those who are messing up the World just because their countries are facing economic crisis
Re: Libyan Rebels Promised France 35% Oil In Exchange For Supporting Them by felifeli: 1:13pm On Sep 02, 2011
Haven't you ever heard the saying "there is no free bomb" ?
Nigeria is next I guess.
Re: Libyan Rebels Promised France 35% Oil In Exchange For Supporting Them by Kx: 1:15pm On Sep 02, 2011
felifeli:

Haven't you ever heard the saying "there is no free bomb" ?
Nigeria is next I guess.
Boko action is making this thought most probable
Re: Libyan Rebels Promised France 35% Oil In Exchange For Supporting Them by olabukola: 1:20pm On Sep 02, 2011
http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Nicolas+Sarkozy/Muammar+al-Gaddafi/G8+L+Aquila+Summit+Concludes/oouQOmT-3Qo

If he is that bad why associate with him. All those weapons they accused him of using to brutalize his people were supplied to him by Camaron govt just last yr.
Re: Libyan Rebels Promised France 35% Oil In Exchange For Supporting Them by thameamead(f): 1:20pm On Sep 02, 2011
deji.ariyo:

Why is everyone blaming the AU? The AU was against the war from the beginning and they went as far as sending representative down to LIBYA but NATO and the imperialist nation told the REBELS not to seize fire instead America,Britain and France keep arming them. So how is that the AU's fault and if you all remember same thing happened in Ivory Coast.
The fact is these imperialist nations dont give a damn about Africa or any African Union,you can see they always refer to this war as if its happening in Arab world forgetting that Libya is in Africa.
They used words like Arab revolution instead of Africa revolution or North Africa revolution, anyway Nigerians be prepared.

why is the ethicn cleasing of black african by the rebels not getting enough press coverage, why is our President suupporting the rebels, why is the African Union not shouting on top of their voices about these atrocities bn commited by the rebels, why is everyone is ignoring it? why is the African Union bn sidelined by the French President and Arab League? wht can we do to stop the plight of these men? the International Organisation For Migration is another useless quango, the workers of these organisations all take home a huge pay package but are irrelevant and useless.
Re: Libyan Rebels Promised France 35% Oil In Exchange For Supporting Them by vinkela(m): 1:35pm On Sep 02, 2011
This is why i had and still have reservations against these rebels.Any armed group that rises against the government of her state is not always the best people to handover power to because they always end up worse than the government they toppled.now the rebels have started showing their ruthlessness, they should be stopped now before the situation gets worse.the A.u,U.N, e.t.c. Should do something
Re: Libyan Rebels Promised France 35% Oil In Exchange For Supporting Them by felifeli: 1:42pm On Sep 02, 2011
Re: Libyan Rebels Promised France 35% Oil In Exchange For Supporting Them by felifeli: 1:50pm On Sep 02, 2011
^^^^^ For perspective that is about 25% of the total population of Libya
Re: Libyan Rebels Promised France 35% Oil In Exchange For Supporting Them by warrior101: 6:44pm On Sep 02, 2011
WHO CAN REMEMBER AT THE LAST UN SUMMIT BEFORE G20 I GUESS QADDAFI BOASTED ABOUT HIS ARMY AGAIN INVASION LASHING OUT AMERICA FOR IRAQ'S SAKE, I THINK HE HAD FORESEEN THIS TIME, AFTER THEN HE WENT TO THE AFRICAN SOUTH AMERICAN MEETING HOSTED BY HUGO,
Re: Libyan Rebels Promised France 35% Oil In Exchange For Supporting Them by Gbenge77(m): 7:24pm On Sep 02, 2011
Frankly,without NATO ,the rebels would not have achieved much.In fact,Gadhafi would have crushed them.
Re: Libyan Rebels Promised France 35% Oil In Exchange For Supporting Them by Builder: 8:49pm On Sep 02, 2011
I dont know why some nigerians are sooooooo dumb, if u say Gadaffi gonna crush his people, pls for heavens sake show some link, evidence or something, dont just blindly make some baseless idiotic statement, its all good to hate someone for whatever reason but dont go round making false and nasty statements
Re: Libyan Rebels Promised France 35% Oil In Exchange For Supporting Them by Builder: 8:52pm On Sep 02, 2011
France now control Libya's 35% oil, and the UK now prints Libya bank notes, im loving this, this folks have torn Libya up big time, the biggest looters of all timee, im waiting for the IMF to give them loan next and the world bank to restructure their economy, and oh, the bankers still have to loot libyas gold, welcome to third world libya
Re: Libyan Rebels Promised France 35% Oil In Exchange For Supporting Them by BetaThings: 9:42pm On Sep 02, 2011
http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20110902663843

FG appeals to Libyan rebels to stop killing Nigerians

The Federal Government on Thursday described the reported killings of Nigerians and other sub-Saharan Africans in Libya as worrisome, asking the country’s Transitional National Council to put an end to it. The government said this in a statement by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Re: Libyan Rebels Promised France 35% Oil In Exchange For Supporting Them by Smi1(m): 3:01am On Sep 03, 2011
LOL Libyans never see anything yet . I'm sure they will soon start yelling on the top of their voices, Africans should wake up oh because we don't know who maybe the next target after all the West are trying so hard to save their broke A.SS , so don't be surprise if you see boko haram aiming for a change of Government " Ah less i forgot there is already a puppet on the hot sit  GEJ"
Re: Libyan Rebels Promised France 35% Oil In Exchange For Supporting Them by Smi1(m): 3:04am On Sep 03, 2011
Nayah:

^^ we're blaming those who are messing up the World just because their countries are facing economic crisis

Salut, comment tu va nayash.? tu ressembles à une camerounais, j'espère que nous pourrons arriver à parler. Je parle le français couramment.
Re: Libyan Rebels Promised France 35% Oil In Exchange For Supporting Them by BabaEleko(m): 5:12am On Sep 03, 2011
There was/is no proof that gadaffi attacked his pple. It was all a conspiracy. None of d medias that reported it had a y proof. America has an agenda to take over 5 countries in 7 years and that's the evil Plot in action as we can see. Let's wake up Africa. America is al-Qaeda. Gadaffi wasn't th best leader but none of these african leaders has achieved what gadaffi did.
Re: Libyan Rebels Promised France 35% Oil In Exchange For Supporting Them by AfroBlue(m): 5:27am On Sep 03, 2011
I believe LIBYA has given us an opportunity to see what our leaders are doing.

Help Lybia and in doing so help yourselves.

What you didn't know about Libya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q11R56Y0Dx4&feature=player_embedded
Re: Libyan Rebels Promised France 35% Oil In Exchange For Supporting Them by stmarc32(m): 7:18am On Sep 03, 2011
starfox:

You better pray that Nigeria does not come next. You talk about Libyan's standard of Living. The Libyans have never said they were fighting for a better standard of living, what they and the whole Arab youths are fighting for is self fulfillment.

Humans are born of a free spirit, even God recognizes that. However, when a 'leader' or brother leader as in the case of Gaddafi sends jets to bomb his own people, you can be sure that what is happening can only result. As for Other countries grabbing Libyan oil, that has happened throughout history and we will have done the same for say a Togo or Benin.

If you give Nigerians the choice of giving the west 50% of its Oil & Gas assets for a standard of living akin to that of say Libya (which is been praised in this thread), most Nigerians will sign off on it afterall, our politicians are doing worse.

All this whining from Africans about the west must stop. If you are given a green visa to these western countries, you guys will jump at the chance. You will go there and enjoy the economy forgetting that the resources were taken from elsewhere.

Please lets give all these talks a rest.

Thank you.

Its already happening though not by guns and bombs  but through austerity measures badluck is implementing in nigeria, you talk about nigerians giving the west 50% of their gas and assets without realizing  western powers own 99% of what nigeria has,  since the price of everything  is set by them , Tell me should the buyer set the price for the seller? are you also trying infer that africa is inferior and shouldn't be on a level playing field with europe , asia and the rest knowing fully well we are a lot richer than these countries/continents as a whole, someone is definitely suffering from serious inferiority complex

The fact that you'd believe anything reported by western media agencies definitely shows your either myopic or just blatantly ignorant in regards to lies that have been purported by these agencies in all wars ( Vietnam, Iraq,Afghanistan) ,  how can you still believe that Ghadafi bombed his own people after seeing how Europe/America independently twisted a No fly zone policy to bombing libya citizens and destroying Libyans infrastructure. Did you know that MI6 and CIA agents had been in libya prior to the so called uprising? 

What you  also fail to realize that any black man in any western country is a second class citizen/human being , irrespective of how much they try to brand their countries  as  multicultural  its all jibberish and false, Do u have any idea how Native indians and aboriginals are treated in THEIR OWN country,  how do u think migrants are treated? so spare me the crap about enjoying anything from the west knowing fully well all we blacks get is scrap from the table from what has been STOLEN from US , think while its still legal brother
Re: Libyan Rebels Promised France 35% Oil In Exchange For Supporting Them by balium(m): 9:02am On Sep 03, 2011
now the story is getting interesting. libya that had the highest standard of living in Africa,6th in the world even beating america now they hav reduced it to rubbles.This westerners and their sense.created al qaeda to enter iraq to steal oil,entered libya thru the rebels.to me idi amin was the best cos he f""'ing chased them like dogs.endtime is really near
Re: Libyan Rebels Promised France 35% Oil In Exchange For Supporting Them by cap28: 11:58am On Sep 03, 2011
NATO will not win this war in libya - you can not rule over an armed population that hate you, unless NATO is planning on remaining in that country forever - i cant see how this is going to work.

the whole of Gadaffi's hometown - Sirte have refused to surrender, tell me how NATO plan on dealing with that situation?  i suppose they are going to keep dropping bombs on men, women and children in order to force them to surrender

for those misguided fools who keep thinking they are free in nigeria - you need to wake up - you are ruled by cowardly errand boys of the west, these cowards do not make any decisions concerning nigeria's economic or foreign policies without first consulting their masters in washington and london. Gadaffi was an independent leader who created his own ideology as set out in his Green Book,  the white man does not want anyone to deviate from his own ideologies that is one of the reasons why Gadaffi was demonised. Gadaffi's ideologies promoted social justice and equality, thats why the black libyan tribes were given the same standard of living as the arabs in their country, go to saudi arabia, mauritania, yemen, sudan  and egypt and you will find that black people are still kept as slaves by the arabs in those countries and yet do you hear your beloved west speak out against those countries? no, the despots who rule those countries are their best friends - george bush senior and junior, the clintons, cheney and rumsfeld all  have very close ties to the corrupt saudi royal family.

the al khalifa royal family of qatar are murderous gangsters but they are business partners with britain and  america , they were even allowed to buy up a very expensive british department store  for the rich in london known as harrods , so stop thinking that these europeans give a poo about justice, equality and freedom.  Dont forget china has one of the world's worst human rights records in the world and yet america goes on their knees to them begging for credit to help keep their bankrupt economy afloat.

NATO is the military arm of a criminal gang which runs the world, their aim is to recolonise all african countries with valuable natural resources or countries that are of strategic importnance in terms of where they are located like somalia, sudan and eritrea which lie close to an important oill shipping route (which they want to control) .  Europe and america do not want to see the economic development of any non european nation, they have succeeded in most african countries by installing puppet govts and crippling them with debt, libya was the only country in africa who had an independent leader and it wasnt indebted to the IMF and the world bank unlike almost all african countries (nigeria included) .
Re: Libyan Rebels Promised France 35% Oil In Exchange For Supporting Them by cap28: 12:21pm On Sep 03, 2011
thameamead:

the "U" in the African Union stands for USELESS, the rebels are executing black african migrants, Desecrating their wives/girlfriends while the African Union look on, i called Amnensty International this morning about the killing of innocent black african migrants by the rebels this morning, the scumbag at Amnensty was quite rude to me, he asked me why African Leaders and African Union were not speaking out, I told him these atrocities were on youtube and he advised me to get intouch with African Union, these human rights organisations are pick and mix hypocrites. Even the Nigerian High Commission in London were not helpful either when i called them on wednesday to voice my concerns, i was told there was nothing they could do despite the guy telling him he saw the footage of Nigerian men bn slapped around by the rebels on a news channel.

i applaud you for actually trying to do somethign to stop this ongoing ethnic cleansing that the rebels are carrying out against all black people in libya but remember that organisations like amnesty international are funded by the same govts that are creating this mayhem in libya, many of the people in these organisations have links with british and american intelligence and go into many african countries acting as spies for their respective govts.  Remember humanitarianism is the excuse that NATO are using for their intervention, organisations like USAID, the red cross, oxfam undertake covert spying activities in many countries they are in under the cover of providing humanitarian assistance.  if you read up on latin america you will find out how many so called humanitarian organisations were involved in espionage activities, so im not suprised that you got that kind of response from them.

african leaders with the exception of gadaffi, mugabe and to some extent zuma are all pawns of the western govts so dont expect anything from them.

To give credit where its due the AU have tried to resolve this issue peacefully, remember earlier this year they appealed to both sides to agree to a ceasefire but NATO refused to honour it!!! effectively overuling the AU on an issue that concerns their own continent!!!  can you imagine africa intervening on an issue affecting europe and overruling a decision made by europeans? but this is what happened to the AU - this should tell you that africa is not under the control of african leaders but by the europeans and americans.  How can a crisis concerning africans not be resolved by africans?

There is nothing the AU could have done other than what they did - which is to keep pressing for a peaceful resolution, at least they have refused to recognise the racist govt of the TNC.  The person you should condemn is goodluck jonathan who went as far as distancing himself from the AU's decision and standing with the europeans and the americans who hate africans.  Goodluck Jonathan is a traitor to his race and to his people, what he has done can be compared to a  jewish leader recognising Hitler's nazi germany - only someone totally under the control of the west would lower themselves to such a level.
Re: Libyan Rebels Promised France 35% Oil In Exchange For Supporting Them by SmoothCrim: 2:11pm On Sep 03, 2011
Are we animals

http://allafrica.com/stories/201109030053.html

Look at these lies by the dumb media men! How much evidence do we need to provide that Nigerians are being killed!

It is funny Goodluck is talking about democracy and Ivory Coast as if those are his strengths,

4000 people died when the Malian-Burkina  French armed Mande Origin tribes men went and massacred the Kru speaking tribes in Western Ivory Coast! Do you call that a success?? When a genocide occurred or is it the fact that all that died are Black so it does not matter to Goodluck?? Even today they continue their ethnic clearing policy under the watchful eyes of Ouatarra and his tribesmen!

His foreign policy is a disgrace!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/apr/02/800-dead-ivory-coast-duekoue

success indeed!!

I Wonder why he gets mad when Chadian and Niger citizens join boko Haram to kill Nigerians when he joins France and the West to Kill other Africans all the time?? grin cry
Re: Libyan Rebels Promised France 35% Oil In Exchange For Supporting Them by Tyene: 3:34pm On Sep 03, 2011
Re: Libyan Rebels Promised France 35% Oil In Exchange For Supporting Them by blacklion(m): 6:44pm On Sep 03, 2011
Every day, we keep hearing of the billions of dollars in Libyan assets in Western countries that were seized under the UN sanctions being released to purchase food, medicines and humanitarian supplies for the Libyan population.

Anybody care to guess the identities of the contractors supplying the food and medicines? And at what cost?

Meanwhile, I haven't seen any pictures of starving Libyans.

This same Gadaffi was able to save over $150 billion in overseas investments in the name of Libya (not his family name) - which other African leader has achieved that?
Re: Libyan Rebels Promised France 35% Oil In Exchange For Supporting Them by wazobiang: 7:21pm On Sep 03, 2011
thats just the beginning. libya will have to cut out its heart very soon and hand it over to the west.
Re: Libyan Rebels Promised France 35% Oil In Exchange For Supporting Them by SmoothCrim: 8:37pm On Sep 03, 2011
Libya was 1000000000000000000000000000000000000X times better than every other African country!

The so called Democracy they want will end up killing them,

Do they want a "Tribal" Democracy like we have in Nigeria were members of certain tribes will almost never come to power!?? Is that they solution to their problems? WIll the Wafallah tribe now be institutionalized to rule Libya for the next 1000 years?? I don't think they know what they are really asking for!

(1) (2) (Reply)

US Supreme Court Upholds Obamacare / Is Obama Likely To Win His Relection Bid In The States? / Parents Charged In UAE After Hidden Baby Found In Carry-on

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.