Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Sanwo-Olu Mourns Bolanle Raheem, Condoles Family - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Mourns Bolanle Raheem, Condoles Family (24311 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Mourns Rotimi Akeredolu / How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness / Mobolaji Johnson: Sanwo-Olu Mourns Death Of The First Governor Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanwo-Olu Mourns Bolanle Raheem, Condoles Family by chokekachy: 5:01pm On Dec 26, 2022
With utter shock and sadness, I received the news of the unfortunate and avoidable death of Barrister Bolanle Raheem at the hands of a police officer at Ajiwe.

My condolence to her family, friends and associates. I can assure you that justice will be served.

The Lagos State police command have arrested, disarmed and detained the officer(s) involved in the incident.

Nothing will be spared under the Laws of Lagos State until justice is served speedily and adequately.

https://twitter.com/jidesanwoolu/status/1607405431420321792?t=awK_9_YTTbqbspHmdfI3VA&s=19

AJAH SHOOTING: SANWO-OLU CONDEMNS COLD-BLOODED KILLING, COMMISERATES WITH BOLANLE RAHEEM’S FAMILY

•Governor promises speedy justice for victim

Lagos State Governor Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu has condemned in strongest term, the alleged shooting and killing of Mrs. Bolanle Raheem, a lawyer which took place yesterday under the Ajah bridge by a police officer attached to Ajiwe police station, while the victim and her family were on their way out for Christmas Day celebration.

The Governor expressed shock and sadness over the mindless shooting of “a harmless citizen” by a police officer whose primary job function was to protect the same citizen.

Sanwo-Olu sympathized with the family, friends and associates of the late Bolanle Raheem, pledging the State Government’s full support and cooperation with the police authorities in their investigation to unravel the remote and immediate cause of the shooting, that led to the untimely death of the innocent citizen, with a view to ensuring that justice is served.

He said: “I have studied preliminary reports on the matter and have instructed the appropriate Government officers to immediately get on it. We must ensure a speedy justice for the late Bolanle. Our Government cannot sit back and watch our citizens killed by the same law enforcers that should ordinarily protect them.

“I’m aware that the Lagos State police command have arrested, disarmed and detained the police officers involved in the shooting incident. I can assure you that the accused persons will have their day in Court and nothing will be spared under the Laws of Lagos State until justice is served adequately. We will ensure that it is done speedily because justice delayed is justice denied.”

Governor Sanwo-Olu however appealed to residents to remain calm and not take the law into their hands on the matter, assuring Lagosians that the Government will live up to her responsibilities and get justice for the late Bolanle Raheem.

The Governor prayed for the repose of the late Bolanle Raheem’s soul, asking God to grant her immediate family and friends the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss.

SIGNED
GBOYEGA AKOSILE
CHIEF PRESS SECRETARY
26 DECEMBER 2022
https://lagostoday.com.ng/ajah-shooting-sanwo-olu-condemns-cold-blooded-killing-commiserates-with-bolanle-raheems-family/

9 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Mourns Bolanle Raheem, Condoles Family by NwaNimo1(m): 5:08pm On Dec 26, 2022
Sanwo-Olu......

[img]https://giffiles./216/216487.gif[/img]

.....Send some 'fake dollars'

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Mourns Bolanle Raheem, Condoles Family by ogododo: 5:08pm On Dec 26, 2022

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Mourns Bolanle Raheem, Condoles Family by DevilSignature: 5:08pm On Dec 26, 2022
angry

Mourn kwa

Same thing we protested and him and his dead body godfather called Bola sent battalion of armies to killed us.

It shall never be well with the wicked

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Mourns Bolanle Raheem, Condoles Family by ATEAMS: 5:08pm On Dec 26, 2022
You can’t stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Mourns Bolanle Raheem, Condoles Family by Gistville: 5:09pm On Dec 26, 2022
This is honestly sad. Its more upsetting to know that a lot of this happens regularly that goes unnoticed. A lot of these policemen are always itchy to use their guns.

You'll be surprised to know that this Ajiwe Police Station was renovated and built beautifully by generous citizens in that axis. Now see how they are repaying us. Second person shot dead this month now by officers from that station

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Mourns Bolanle Raheem, Condoles Family by Enyimbamercedes: 5:09pm On Dec 26, 2022
Golden Morn

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Mourns Bolanle Raheem, Condoles Family by shiki(m): 5:09pm On Dec 26, 2022
sad May his soul Rip
Re: Sanwo-Olu Mourns Bolanle Raheem, Condoles Family by HAROLDWILSON: 5:09pm On Dec 26, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Sanwo-Olu Mourns Bolanle Raheem, Condoles Family by Adjovi: 5:09pm On Dec 26, 2022
Was this not the reason for end SARS protest. How some idiots now turn around to say it was a bid by the Igbos to ruin Lagos, like are you people daft. When police do their thing they don't look at tribes , they kill anyone at will and get away with it. Bullets no Sabi tribe wey u dey o.

Our tribalism is a big problem and nairaland has become a platform where tribalism is allowed to grow unchecked.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Mourns Bolanle Raheem, Condoles Family by Jostoman: 5:10pm On Dec 26, 2022
Eyes service

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Mourns Bolanle Raheem, Condoles Family by WonderManly(m): 5:11pm On Dec 26, 2022
Rest In Peace.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Mourns Bolanle Raheem, Condoles Family by chrisosi: 5:11pm On Dec 26, 2022
So these government people actually get the news of what's happening in the society but pretend as if they are not aware

RIP to the departed soul

Government actually are aware of the level of suffering in the country

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Mourns Bolanle Raheem, Condoles Family by SouthSouth1914: 5:11pm On Dec 26, 2022
Cosmetic mourning!

What is the name of the police officer? Which unit does it belong to? Where are the photos of disarmament?

Investigate the full unit. They must have killed someone before in same style. The Nigerian police cannot investigate itself and bring out the truth, this is common knowledge!

Every state in Nigeria should have an independent unit to investigate extra judicial murders. This is the only way to curb the excesses of arrogant, repressive and callous police officers.

The public deserves to know the truth and punishment must be meted to these officers according to the laws of the land.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Mourns Bolanle Raheem, Condoles Family by kozmokaz(m): 5:11pm On Dec 26, 2022
Pls sir don't politicize this
Re: Sanwo-Olu Mourns Bolanle Raheem, Condoles Family by marlow1962(m): 5:11pm On Dec 26, 2022
Too bad
Re: Sanwo-Olu Mourns Bolanle Raheem, Condoles Family by tyinfinity: 5:12pm On Dec 26, 2022
Peter obidients policeman killed Lagos barrister
Re: Sanwo-Olu Mourns Bolanle Raheem, Condoles Family by kushma(m): 5:12pm On Dec 26, 2022
Trigger happy cop is still alive
Re: Sanwo-Olu Mourns Bolanle Raheem, Condoles Family by Benwallt(m): 5:12pm On Dec 26, 2022
Thia woman should be immortalise. She dIdn't deserve such death
Re: Sanwo-Olu Mourns Bolanle Raheem, Condoles Family by chaseblack(m): 5:12pm On Dec 26, 2022
Now with all the condolences flying around, the woman will wake up.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Mourns Bolanle Raheem, Condoles Family by McOluOmo: 5:12pm On Dec 26, 2022
We shall all die one day

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind
Re: Sanwo-Olu Mourns Bolanle Raheem, Condoles Family by BigDawsNet: 5:13pm On Dec 26, 2022
I pray she rest in peace

Police is not your friend I believe
Re: Sanwo-Olu Mourns Bolanle Raheem, Condoles Family by Opportuneke(m): 5:14pm On Dec 26, 2022
Hh
Re: Sanwo-Olu Mourns Bolanle Raheem, Condoles Family by Yahami(m): 5:14pm On Dec 26, 2022
As was served with the outcome of Lekki Killings. Keep it up, you’re really in charge of Lagos
Re: Sanwo-Olu Mourns Bolanle Raheem, Condoles Family by seguno2: 5:15pm On Dec 26, 2022
DevilSignature:
angry
Mourn kwa

Same thing we protested and him and his dead body godfather called Bola sent battalion of armies to killed us.
It shall never be well with the wicked

You dey mind that hypocrite and his crocodile tears. To deceive who? Maybe the Almajiri agberos they are breeding for political violence, by depriving them of free education for all children in quality government schools with adequate professional teachers

It remains to be seen whether Lagosians are as wise as Osun and Edo people.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Mourns Bolanle Raheem, Condoles Family by deepwater(f): 5:17pm On Dec 26, 2022
These killings should stop already PLEASE!!!!
Re: Sanwo-Olu Mourns Bolanle Raheem, Condoles Family by Akwamkpuruamu: 5:17pm On Dec 26, 2022
Naija policemen aren't different from bandits.

I was travelling this Xmas with my younger brother along okigwe Road, after amaraku, on dreads. We were stopped, they searched us and nothing was found. They detained my younger brother that he's on dreads and looks like a criminal. No tattoo on his body, the boy replied he's not a criminal. That response angered those armed men, na so them begin wipe my brother koboko. The thing so pained me that I didn't just no how to respond. While I was trying to plead with them to stop that and moving closer to the guy with the koboko, (as its an oppression and intimidation) one of them clocked his his gun pointing on me not to move...

It was just like a movie scene... This whole thing is unbecoming...

I had to part #5k before they left the young boy

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Mourns Bolanle Raheem, Condoles Family by oloyedewaris(m): 5:18pm On Dec 26, 2022
Some people will be pained cos this is Lagos

Forgetting that much more atrocities happen in other state esp. SE and North

Lagos is still the safest state in Lagos

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lawal Daura To Remain Under House Arrest – Vanguard / Kumuyi's Voice Is Stronger, More Robust & Louder Than Obi's Tiny Voice - Omokri / Mimiko Lashes Out At Ondo PDP Exco

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.