Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,707 members, 7,827,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

INEC Enlists Sam Onuigbo As Abia Central APC Senatorial Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Enlists Sam Onuigbo As Abia Central APC Senatorial Candidate (5203 Views)

Abia Central: Uncertainty Over Removal Of Onuigbo As APC Senatorial Candidate / North Central APC Protests Against Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Rejects Lalong (Pics) / Demola Seriki Buys Lagos Central APC Senatorial Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Enlists Sam Onuigbo As Abia Central APC Senatorial Candidate by Metrix147: 10:26am On Dec 27, 2022
INEC Enlists Sam Onuigbo As Abia Central APC Senatorial Candidate

The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC has enlisted the member representing Ikwuano/Umuahia federal constituency of Abia State, Rep. Sam Onuigbo as the authentic candidate of All Progressives Congress APC for Abia Central senatorial district.

This follows the ruling of Court of Appeal Owerri division which pronounced Onuigbo the authentic candidate for the senatorial district.

The court has sacked Hon. Emeka Atuma as the candidate of Abia Central Senatorial District, saying the election that produced him did not follow due process.

A check by ABN TV on INEC list indicates that Hon. Atuma's name has been replaced with Rep. Onuigbo.

The lawmaker has since hailed the Appeal Court ruling which pronounced him the authentic candidate for the senatorial district, saying it is an indication that the judiciary remains the only hope of common man.

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/news/inec-enlists-sam-onuigbo-as-abia-central-apc-senatorial-candidate/

Re: INEC Enlists Sam Onuigbo As Abia Central APC Senatorial Candidate by triple996(m): 10:51am On Dec 27, 2022
Hope he is not another ikpeazu
Re: INEC Enlists Sam Onuigbo As Abia Central APC Senatorial Candidate by garfield1: 11:00am On Dec 27, 2022
Cc fergie001
Re: INEC Enlists Sam Onuigbo As Abia Central APC Senatorial Candidate by Holluwhakemmy(f): 12:32pm On Dec 27, 2022
Congratulations to him
Re: INEC Enlists Sam Onuigbo As Abia Central APC Senatorial Candidate by SexyBabe001: 12:32pm On Dec 27, 2022
Hmmm

Dear Men,

After working for 12 months, 365 days, you need to be pampered and have a new shoes.. I sell quality leather shoes for New Year.. Don't wear same shoes of three years into this year again...

100% quality leather shoes... Lagos Delivery only

https://www.nairaland.com/7482791/christmas-sales-men-quality-leather

Check the thread for more photos

Re: INEC Enlists Sam Onuigbo As Abia Central APC Senatorial Candidate by LIGHTROOM: 12:32pm On Dec 27, 2022
Hmm

Re: INEC Enlists Sam Onuigbo As Abia Central APC Senatorial Candidate by opalu: 12:32pm On Dec 27, 2022
Okay
Re: INEC Enlists Sam Onuigbo As Abia Central APC Senatorial Candidate by Opportuneke(m): 12:34pm On Dec 27, 2022
The wicked truth is that all these politicians are not for the best interests of the people rather they are there for their own selfish interest.

Odiegwu!!!

Re: INEC Enlists Sam Onuigbo As Abia Central APC Senatorial Candidate by adioolayi(m): 12:35pm On Dec 27, 2022
When judgement favours you...
. judiciary is the last hope of a common man...
.if otherwise...you beging to talk nonsense about the judiciary grin cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: INEC Enlists Sam Onuigbo As Abia Central APC Senatorial Candidate by bigdammyj: 12:35pm On Dec 27, 2022
Noted.
Re: INEC Enlists Sam Onuigbo As Abia Central APC Senatorial Candidate by garfield1: 12:37pm On Dec 27, 2022
He will thrash akobundu of pdp
Re: INEC Enlists Sam Onuigbo As Abia Central APC Senatorial Candidate by bewla(m): 12:37pm On Dec 27, 2022
Welcome
Re: INEC Enlists Sam Onuigbo As Abia Central APC Senatorial Candidate by Mccullum: 12:38pm On Dec 27, 2022
Temporary congratulations to him..
Re: INEC Enlists Sam Onuigbo As Abia Central APC Senatorial Candidate by INTEGRITYA1(m): 12:39pm On Dec 27, 2022
Best of luck.
Re: INEC Enlists Sam Onuigbo As Abia Central APC Senatorial Candidate by Yankee101: 1:00pm On Dec 27, 2022
Listed.
Not enlisted
Enlisted connotes inec chose him

1 Like

Re: INEC Enlists Sam Onuigbo As Abia Central APC Senatorial Candidate by Trendy247: 1:04pm On Dec 27, 2022
Abia politicians are useless
Re: INEC Enlists Sam Onuigbo As Abia Central APC Senatorial Candidate by sameks08(m): 1:38pm On Dec 27, 2022
Is all over for APC no sensible aspirant even in the national level. sorry Onuigbo you just waste your time and money
Re: INEC Enlists Sam Onuigbo As Abia Central APC Senatorial Candidate by fergie001: 2:09pm On Dec 27, 2022
garfield1:
That's the right thing to do.

Appeal Court validated him just as INEC has placed all Ogun PDP Candidates. I believe they will do so for Emenike as well.

Onuigbo is less likely to beat Akobundu even though I am not a voter there. TA's son is on the ballot same day as the Presidential in the same Senatorial Zone.

Onuigbo has been at the House twice (the first person since 1999 to so do in that Constituency) and he wants to go back to Abuja, the sentiments isn't with him @ all.

For Guber, Ogah stood a better chance in my opinion than Emenike but who knows? Abia N is where the whole politics will be played.

PS:
Appeal Court has reserved judgement in separate cases of Bwacha v Yusuf Abubakar Yusuf & Akan Udofia v Enang.
Re: INEC Enlists Sam Onuigbo As Abia Central APC Senatorial Candidate by garfield1: 2:42pm On Dec 27, 2022
fergie001:
That's the right thing to do.

Appeal Court validated him just as INEC has placed all Ogun PDP Candidates. I believe they will do so for Emenike as well.

Onuigbo is less likely to beat Akobundu even though I am not a voter there. TA's son is on the ballot same day as the Presidential in the same Senatorial Zone.

Onuigbo has been at the House twice (the first person since 1999 to so do in that Constituency) and he wants to go back to Abuja, the sentiments isn't with him @ all.

For Guber, Ogah stood a better chance in my opinion than Emenike but who knows? Abia N is where the whole politics will be played.

PS:
Appeal Court has reserved judgement in separate cases of Bwacha v Yusuf Abubakar Yusuf & Akan Udofia v Enang.

Merry Xmas in arrears.yes,I saw that of udofia vs enang yesterday and it might pull through based on technicalities.
1) enang's reply was filed outside the 5 days grace period
2) enang filed their case outside the 14 days period.
3) the suit was commenced via originating summons instead of writ of summons...
Additionally,I feel that the matter of udofia being an apc member or not is internal and non justiciable.with recent cases of the court upholding primaries conducted by nwc without inec supervision, it might also succeed..

Jimi lawal won adebutu at the apex court on a related matter where they stated that though party matters are non justiciable but in special cases,the courts can come in if the statues permit it and if it is couched under section 285(14) and the appellant participated in primary...

Dansuki defeated asuquo ekpenyong at the appeal court.

I thought ogah won at the court.how come emenike is winning? On a second thought,emenike might help divide central votes for the sake of Otti.
Re: INEC Enlists Sam Onuigbo As Abia Central APC Senatorial Candidate by Confirmedzombie: 2:58pm On Dec 27, 2022
sameks08:
Is all over for APC no sensible aspirant even in the national level. sorry Onuigbo you just waste your time and money

You talk out of emotion and sentiments. Hon Sam onuigbo will defeat the candidate of PDP and any other party.

The man is loved and he performed well.

For your info, APC will rule Nigeria for 40yrs.

May hate and bitterness never depart from you. Amen
Re: INEC Enlists Sam Onuigbo As Abia Central APC Senatorial Candidate by sameks08(m): 3:19pm On Dec 27, 2022
Confirmedzombie:

You talk out of emotion and sentiments. Hon Sam onuigbo will defeat the candidate of PDP and any other party.

The man is loved and he performed well.

For your info, APC will rule Nigeria for 40yrs.

May hate and bitterness never depart from you. Amen
. I can see that foolishness and stupidity is your birthright and that is why you open your stupid mouth to insult people anyhow but listen very clear your foolishness is the major reason why APC will never no peace for bringing untold hardship to the people. idiot
Re: INEC Enlists Sam Onuigbo As Abia Central APC Senatorial Candidate by Confirmedzombie: 5:30pm On Dec 27, 2022
sameks08:
. I can see that foolishness and stupidity is your birthright and that is why you open your stupid mouth to insult people anyhow but listen very clear your foolishness is the major reason why APC will never no peace for bringing untold hardship to the people. idiot

Wait till February lets see who is foolish. You will shift goal post after Tinubu or Atiku is declared winner.

I will never insult you. I maintain my ground, a vote for obi is a vote for Tinubu
Re: INEC Enlists Sam Onuigbo As Abia Central APC Senatorial Candidate by princety24(m): 6:33pm On Dec 27, 2022
SUCH MOMENTS CAN'T BE FORGOTTEN SO SOON.#Bayelsa
https://fb.watch/hGUCK64Ds5/
Re: INEC Enlists Sam Onuigbo As Abia Central APC Senatorial Candidate by fergie001: 8:45pm On Dec 27, 2022
garfield1:
Merry Xmas in arrears.
Thanks, I wish you same and a splendid New Year in advance.

yes,I saw that of udofia vs enang yesterday and it might pull through based on technicalities.

[quote]1) enang's reply was filed outside the 5 days grace period.
Udofia's lawyers submitted the brief of appeal on Dec 9, and then the notice of appeal and record of appeal in Open Court on Dec 12.

An appeal can only be said to be entered when a record of appeal have been transmitted. Enang responded on Dec 16.

2) enang filed their case outside the 14 days period.
Enang filed his case within time. The bone of contention is the amended originating summons. The originating summons was amended weeks after the Court granted same. It is within the powers of the Court to so do.

Amended OS is not a gift from the Court but a sometimes necessary validation of the case at hand.

The question should be: can an amended OS validate a defective and incurable earlier filed OS? The answer is NO... However, the initial one was non-defective.

APC had attacked the fact that Udofia was served in Abuja for a case that was in Uyo. However Enang's counsel punctured same with decided authorities in Biem v SDP, Izeze v INEC where the SC held that in cases that has to do with the FHC, the whole country is its jurisdiction hence anybody can be served anywhere in the Country.

3) the suit was commenced via originating summons instead of writ of summons...
The suit can be commenced via OS (affidavit evidence).

What the Supreme Court said in Edevbie V Oborevwori was that serious cases of fraud (as it pertains to forgery or crime) should commence via a writ of summons and not OS. It is standard practice In this case, nobody alleged forgery for Udofia, the only thing they are saying was that there was no Primary and Udofia was not a member of the Party as at when the Primary held.

Additionally,I feel that the matter of udofia being an apc member or not is internal and non justiciable.with recent cases of the court upholding primaries conducted by nwc without inec supervision, it might also succeed..
I agree partly with this.

If the National body says he is a member of the Political Party, he is a member of that Party. A Party is supreme over its own affairs in that it doesn't violate the provisions of its own Constitution.

The APC Constitution is clear that you cannot contest until you are at least two years old in the Party except you are granted a waiver by the NWC/NEC. The Akwa Ibom APC Legal Adviser confirmed to the Court Omisore didn't sign the letter of waiver and no name of who signed. The APC who is a Party to the suit also could not provide who signed.

https://thesouthernexaminer.com/drama-over-apc-governorship-ticket-in-aibom-continues-p8521-214.htm (Utuk & Udofia)

Jimi lawal won adebutu at the apex court on a related matter where they stated that though party matters are non justiciable but in special cases,the courts can come in if the statues permit it and if it is couched under section 285(14) and the appellant participated in primary...
Jimi Lawal's suit was on a separate matter.
The FHC had declined the case on jurisdictional reasons that delegate matters are internal party affairs and non-justiciable.

The Higher Courts said NO... He contested in the Primary, he has locus and the case should be heard on its merit, that's why they reverted back to the FHC.

Dansuki defeated asuquo ekpenyong at the appeal court.
This is very much expected.

I thought ogah won at the court.how come emenike is winning? On a second thought,emenike might help divide central votes for the sake of Otti.

https://www.nairaland.com/7495244/2023-appeal-court-affirms-ikechi (Appeal Court affirmed Emenike after appealing Ogah's victory).

Emenike no get weight, leave am. Ogah will have had more showing...
Re: INEC Enlists Sam Onuigbo As Abia Central APC Senatorial Candidate by garfield1: 9:54pm On Dec 27, 2022
fergie001:
Thanks, I wish you same and a splendid New Year.

How popular is ikuku?

You have failed to avail me with details of the bwacha vs sabo judgment at the appeal court...
Re: INEC Enlists Sam Onuigbo As Abia Central APC Senatorial Candidate by fergie001: 9:57pm On Dec 27, 2022
garfield1:
How popular is ikuku?
When I was there, he was the de-facto Governor. His father can employ you and he will fire you and the firing will stand.
It's not his popularity but just that they have the people that matter in the Wards. They will always lose the city but win in rural areas.

You have failed to avail me with details of the bwacha vs sabo judgment at the appeal court...
Infact, I forgot... It is the Udofia's I have been looking for.

I will search that Kente... I know Agabi & Essien Andrew SAN are leading Kente's case.
Re: INEC Enlists Sam Onuigbo As Abia Central APC Senatorial Candidate by garfield1: 10:02pm On Dec 27, 2022
fergie001:
When I was there, he was the de-facto Governor. His father can employ you and he will fire you and the firing will stand.
It's not his popularity but just that they have the people that matter in the Wards. They will always lose the city but win in rural areas.

Infact, I forgot... It is the Udofia's I have been looking for.

I will search that Kente... I know Agabi & Essien Andrew SAN are leading Kente's case.

Agabi is too big to handle minor cases like that of kente.

Winning in rural areas and losing at urban areas is what will kill obi
Re: INEC Enlists Sam Onuigbo As Abia Central APC Senatorial Candidate by fergie001: 9:08am On Dec 28, 2022
garfield1:

Agabi is too big to handle minor cases like that of kente.

Winning in rural areas and losing at urban areas is what will kill obi
That's where most Govs target, that's why a place like Lagos will always not give bloc votes because we seemingly have few rural areas here.

Re: INEC Enlists Sam Onuigbo As Abia Central APC Senatorial Candidate by garfield1: 9:54am On Dec 28, 2022
fergie001:
That's where most Govs target, that's why a place like Lagos will always not give bloc votes because we seemingly have few rural areas here.

This isn't the full judgment but the apex court brief.with the mobilization ongoing,tinubu might get bloc votes in lagos.

Oba has filed a post conviction bail while his campaign is ongoing.

In crs,owan and Mary ekpere have dropped their cases.it seems ribadu didnt appeal

(1) (2) (Reply)

Would The South Be Peaceful If Jonathan Was Rigged Out / Nigerians In The Diaspora Have No Responsibility To The Development Of Nigeria. / Where Is Nnamdi Kanu Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.