Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,894 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:47 PM

Have You Received Your Elon Musk Starlink Equipment - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Have You Received Your Elon Musk Starlink Equipment (1682 Views)

Spacex CEO Elon Musk To Send Japanese Billionaire To The Moon On It’s New Rocket / Elon Musk Deletes Telsa and SpaceX's Facebook Page / Elon Musk Launches Car To Space on World's Most Powerful Rocket(Photos/Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Received Your Elon Musk Starlink Equipment by confluence: 4:23pm On Dec 27, 2022
Did you pay for the Elon Musk Starlink equipments, tell us more about it. I saw a video on YouTube that the $99 paid for was a part payment of the $599 equipment cost, the guy had to cough out the balance, Monthly subscription is peg at $43,
Am expecting my .
Please tell your own experience if you have received your equipment and equally share download speed with us
Re: Have You Received Your Elon Musk Starlink Equipment by incogni2o: 10:54am On Jan 11, 2023
confluence:
Did you pay for the Elon Musk Starlink equipments, tell us more about it. I saw a video on YouTube that the $99 paid for was a part payment of the $599 equipment cost, the guy had to cough out the balance, Monthly subscription is peg at $43,
Am expecting my .
Please tell your own experience if you have received your equipment and equally share download speed with us

Ordered mine.

43 dollars deposit
Re: Have You Received Your Elon Musk Starlink Equipment by ZAN24568889: 3:46pm On Jan 11, 2023
What is a starlink equipment
Re: Have You Received Your Elon Musk Starlink Equipment by confluence: 9:15pm On Jan 12, 2023
Do you mean you paid $43 for equipment or bandwidth cost ?
incogni2o:

Ordered mine.

43 dollars deposit
Re: Have You Received Your Elon Musk Starlink Equipment by confluence: 9:16pm On Jan 12, 2023
Is a satellite internet equipment
ZAN24568889:
What is a starlink equipment
Re: Have You Received Your Elon Musk Starlink Equipment by incogni2o: 12:51am On Jan 13, 2023
confluence:
Do you mean you paid $43 for equipment or bandwidth cost ?
Deposit

When it arrives, they will remove the real cost
Re: Have You Received Your Elon Musk Starlink Equipment by confluence: 1:03am On Jan 15, 2023
Ok thanks for the update
Re: Have You Received Your Elon Musk Starlink Equipment by Devvagreen(f): 9:45am On Feb 02, 2023
Any other person?
Link for orders please.
Re: Have You Received Your Elon Musk Starlink Equipment by Ournolly: 1:30pm On Feb 07, 2023
Ordered mine, awaiting shipping.
The link to order is simply Starlink.com

Cost- $587.93
Re: Have You Received Your Elon Musk Starlink Equipment by ask4bk(m): 8:05am On Feb 08, 2023
Mine arrived my home in Abuja yesterday but I live in an interior rural place in Niger state with no network.
I sent it to Niger state today using public transport and hope to get it today or tomorrow. I'll test it in my place which is the most rural of all places in Nigeria with no road access. 4 hours from town inside bush. Wish me luck

3 Likes

Re: Have You Received Your Elon Musk Starlink Equipment by confluence: 10:43am On Feb 08, 2023
Good to hear from you. I have ordered for mine too, I paid the balance of 488 usd few days ago, waiting for shipment
ask4bk:
Mine arrived my home in Abuja yesterday but I live in an interior rural place in Niger state with no network.
I sent it to Niger state today using public transport and hope to get it today or tomorrow. I'll test it in my place which is the most rural of all places in Nigeria with no road access. 4 hours from town inside bush. Wish me luck
Re: Have You Received Your Elon Musk Starlink Equipment by kafeii123: 7:19pm On Feb 09, 2023
ask4bk:

Pls have you tested it yet...how did it perform
Re: Have You Received Your Elon Musk Starlink Equipment by ask4bk(m): 10:01pm On Feb 09, 2023
kafeii123:

Pls have you tested it yet...how did it perform

I'll arrive at my bush tomorrow and test it

1 Like

Re: Have You Received Your Elon Musk Starlink Equipment by confluence: 6:50am On Feb 10, 2023
Good to hear that
ask4bk:

I'll arrive at my bush tomorrow and test it
Re: Have You Received Your Elon Musk Starlink Equipment by confluence: 8:46pm On Feb 14, 2023
My starlink equipment got shipped out today . For those who have received their equipment, does it come with any free month usage before payment starts.
Re: Have You Received Your Elon Musk Starlink Equipment by CavendishPlex: 12:40am On Feb 15, 2023
confluence:
My starlink equipment got shipped out today . For those who have received their equipment, does it come with any free month usage before payment starts.

I understand it comes with a 30-day free trial, but not sure when it starts to count. I'm not getting it anytime soon though, I just like the news it generates.
Re: Have You Received Your Elon Musk Starlink Equipment by confluence: 4:19am On Feb 15, 2023
This will be good news
CavendishPlex:

I understand it comes with a 30-day free trial, but not sure when it starts to count. I'm not getting it anytime soon though, I just like the news it generates.
Re: Have You Received Your Elon Musk Starlink Equipment by ask4bk(m): 10:17am On Feb 15, 2023
confluence:
Received mine on the 7th but trial ends on the 27th on which I'll be charged.
It means it began counting 10 days before it arrived
Re: Have You Received Your Elon Musk Starlink Equipment by ask4bk(m): 10:18am On Feb 15, 2023
My speed in Niger state rural Bush near Benin République. 😎😎

2 Likes

Re: Have You Received Your Elon Musk Starlink Equipment by confluence: 10:43am On Feb 15, 2023
Wow, this is interesting
ask4bk:
My speed in Niger state rural Bush near Benin République. 😎😎
Re: Have You Received Your Elon Musk Starlink Equipment by 222Martins(m): 12:01pm On Feb 15, 2023
I placed an order on the 6th of February 2023. I am still expecting my delivery via DHL.
Re: Have You Received Your Elon Musk Starlink Equipment by confluence: 12:47pm On Feb 15, 2023
Picked up equipment few minutes ago from dhl office

1 Like

Re: Have You Received Your Elon Musk Starlink Equipment by CavendishPlex: 2:14pm On Feb 15, 2023
Now, let the awesomeness begin. Congratulations!
Re: Have You Received Your Elon Musk Starlink Equipment by confluence: 3:02pm On Feb 15, 2023
Thanks
CavendishPlex:
Now, let the awesomeness begin. Congratulations!
Re: Have You Received Your Elon Musk Starlink Equipment by ask4bk(m): 6:31pm On Feb 15, 2023
confluence:
Picked up equipment few minutes ago from dhl office

Make sure you connect iptv to this speed monster and forget about dstv premium in all your life henceforth.

Welcome to the group
Re: Have You Received Your Elon Musk Starlink Equipment by CavendishPlex: 8:12pm On Feb 15, 2023
ask4bk:

Make sure you connect iptv to this speed monster and forget about dstv premium in all your life henceforth.

Welcome to the group

You guys are seriously teasing us with the Starlink flex. I'm sure with the IPTV, you'd be asking yourself why you didn't cut the cord much sooner. Bloody waste of scarce funds enriching DSTv for such limited content.
Re: Have You Received Your Elon Musk Starlink Equipment by confluence: 9:22pm On Feb 15, 2023
Boss, Wanted to ask you for sites I could be downloading movies from
CavendishPlex:

You guys are seriously teasing us with the Starlink flex. I'm sure with the IPTV, you'd be asking yourself why you didn't cut the cord much sooner. Bloody waste of scarce funds enriching DSTv for such limited content.
Re: Have You Received Your Elon Musk Starlink Equipment by CavendishPlex: 9:28pm On Feb 15, 2023
confluence:
Boss, Wanted to ask you for sites I could be downloading movies from

Chat with me via WhatsApp.
Re: Have You Received Your Elon Musk Starlink Equipment by Jakumo(m): 9:40pm On Feb 15, 2023
Starlink is taking the whole planet by storm, and it is worth mentioning that Elon Musk is giving people in developing countries like Nigeria a MASSIVE discount on the monthly subscription fee to use Starlink's one-terabyte monthly allowance.

While the one-time-only $600 equipment price-tag of Starlink gear does not change wherever the system is purchased on this planet, the monthly subscription is a whopping $135 USD per month in the USA and EU, as compared with the very affordable $43 per month subscribers living in Nigeria are to be billed. Clearly, Elon Musk has calculated that his amazingly fast internet access system will STILL be profitable even when Africans are asked to pay just 30% as much as Americans or Europeans pay for each month of Starlink service utilized.

Finally, it is uplifting and inspirational to learn that Nigeria is the FIRST African nation where Elon Musk decided to offer Starlink services. This magnanimous gesture and the generous affordable pricing of Starlink in Nigeria are proof positive that Elon Musk has ENORMOUS respect for the Nigerian intellect, even as he prudently takes his place at the banquet table shared by other telecom giants operating in Africa's most populous nation, all of whom will stand to lose MASSIVE market share to the new kid on the block, Starlink whose data charges are the most affordable in comparison to ALL others that hitherto held sway as internet providers in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Have You Received Your Elon Musk Starlink Equipment by confluence: 11:54am On Feb 16, 2023
Ok boss
CavendishPlex:

Chat with me via WhatsApp.
Re: Have You Received Your Elon Musk Starlink Equipment by 222Martins(m): 1:22pm On Feb 16, 2023
222Martins:
I placed an order on the 6th of February 2023. I am still expecting my delivery via DHL.
I received mine yesterday 15th Feb.
Re: Have You Received Your Elon Musk Starlink Equipment by Jakumo(m): 3:18pm On Feb 16, 2023
222Martins:
I received mine yesterday 15th Feb.

When did you pay for the system and place your order? Shipping is stated to require 2 to 4 weeks before delivery, but I am curious to see whether that delivery time estimate is accurate, high or low.

(1) (2) (Reply)

River Turned To Blood In Ghanan This Morning / Applying For Ussd Shortcodes / Camera bump and Force Touch, I'd get it the iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S PLus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.