Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,314 members, 7,815,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Suicide Bombing: What Islam Says - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Suicide Bombing: What Islam Says (4636 Views)

Kano City Mosque Bombing!! 400yrs Old History Broken / What Islam Is Doing To West Africans.... / What Islam Really Teaches About Allah And Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3)

Re: Suicide Bombing: What Islam Says by Bastage: 8:07pm On Aug 25, 2008
Islam is no more a religion of peace than Judaism. For perhaps 15 years at the most when Mohammed was in Mecca it could be described as non-confrontational, but once he fled to Medina it became a tribal religion with a jealous, violent god. Reading the Q'ran is all well and good but without the history of how it was written, the book is worthless - the follower is just following words on a page blindly. The Bible is no different - if you don't know how, why, who by and where it was written, the words inside are also mostly meaningless.

Don't kid yourselves with these claims that Islam is peaceful. It's one of the biggest fallacies in the world, created by apologists with blind, liberal agendas.
I've lost count how many times a Muslim or a Jew has killed in the name of his religion (in the past Christians were probably even bigger culprits). Until mankind realises that religions are not set in stone and that they must follow a forward path, protestations of innocence are fallacious.

That's not to say that Islam cannot be a religion of peace in the future. But it must adapt and grow.
At the moment it seems to be doing neither - at best stagnating at worst regressing.

Far better to stop saying that Islam is a religion of peace and to instead show it. wink
Re: Suicide Bombing: What Islam Says by olabowale(m): 9:12pm On Aug 25, 2008
@Bastage: « #64 on: Today at 08:07:22 PM »

Islam is no more a religion of peace than Judaism. For perhaps 15 years at the most when Mohammed was in Mecca it could be described as non-confrontational, but once he fled to Medina it became a tribal religion with a jealous, violent god.
Tribal, you said? It became arabic, while Seyidina Bilal Rabah was the Muazzin? While Seyidina Shuaib Al Roma and Seyidina Salman Al Farsi, were all considered from the house of the prophet? Your knowledge about facts and realities of islam is poor. 15 years in Makka? No wonder you spoke the way you have spoken.

Reading the Q'ran is all well and good but without the history of how it was written, the book is worthless - the follower is just following words on a page blindly. The Bible is no different - if you don't know how, why, who by and where it was written, the words inside are also mostly meaningless.

Let me just throw this at you; do you have a manual of how to eat, yet you eat and know when you need to eat? By the way, there are books detailing how, when, why, etc each verse of the Qur'an was revealed. You should have asked muslims about their religion, before you spoke precipitiously. Unfortunately, without any knowledge at all.

Don't kid yourselves with these claims that Islam is peaceful. It's one of the biggest fallacies in the world, created by apologists with blind, liberal agendas.
I've lost count how many times a Muslim or a Jew has killed in the name of his religion (in the past Christians were probably even bigger culprits). Until mankind realises that religions are not set in stone and that they must follow a forward path, protestations of innocence are fallacious.

I get it. This is one of the "I don't believe in God person!" Let me ask you; how would you deal with a man who robbed you blind and then flunt your wealth right before your eyes? Like to say to you, there. I am thumbing you? Will you not react in a way to at least show that you are not a door mat? Would you not mount a force to try to get your properties back from this thief? Thats what Islam did, in Madina.

That's not to say that Islam cannot be a religion of peace in the future. But it must adapt and grow.
At the moment it seems to be doing neither - at best stagnating at worst regressing.

Far better to stop saying that Islam is a religion of peace and to instead show it.

I am a peaceful person up to the point that a person does your mama speech. Everyone has a limit. The christian with their crusade. The Americans with the shock and awe. Islam is for humans. Muslims should behave humanly. But a proper fashion, while showing much restraint.

But for you, without any guidiance of Higher Authority, the best you can do is to invoke "humanity." And humanity falls, rather quickly into chaos.

(1) (2) (3)

Celebrating Valentine's Days (A Short Fatwa) / The Love Of Allah / The Month Of Safar And Baseless Superstitions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.