Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Ambassador Pindar Dies In A Ghastly Motor Accident - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambassador Pindar Dies In A Ghastly Motor Accident (7986 Views)

James Ocholi's Driver Dies In National Hospital,abuja / Obasanjo's Son, Oba, In Motor Accident / Oshiomhole's Convoy In Ghastly Motor Accident ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambassador Pindar Dies In A Ghastly Motor Accident by Rhino5dm: 2:09am On Sep 02, 2011
Ambassador Pindar Dies At 57 In A Ghastly Motor Accident. Hunter Hunted?

Shock waves swept through Abuja and Borno State yesterday as news spread that Ambassador Saidu Shettima Pindar had died as a result of injuries he received when the car he was driving in was involved in an accident. On his way to Kano and Jigawa states, Pindar was involved in a fatal accident as the car approached Zaria.

Another car that was avoiding a pothole on the road hit his jeep, which in turn hit a lorry by the side he was sitting. He received head injuries but was still conscious. By the time they got to the Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital, Zaria, just before 2pm, he had died. The driver survived unscathed. Another passenger is said to be critically ill as a result of the accident.

A leading member of the Abuja elite, Pindar was a governorship aspirant under the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) platform in Borno State in the 2011 general election. He later settled to be the deputy governorship candidate of the party. Before then, he was the caretaker chairman of the PDP, Kano State, in March 2009. He was credited with conducting free and fair congresses in the state and restored confidence among the warring factions.
Born in August 1954, Pindar who hails from Biu in Borno State obtained a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, in 1980 and a master’s degree in Communication Engineering from the Manchester Institute of Science and Technology in the United Kingdom.
In 1988, he was the minister plenipotentiary and extraordinary at the Embassy of Nigeria in Rome and in 2000, he became the pioneer ambassador to Sao Tome and Principe.

Regarded as an erudite diplomat, Ambassador Pindar was the driving force behind the ratification of the treaty establishing the Nigeria-Sao Tome and Principe Joint Development Zone (JDZ). When the military in Sao Tome staged a successful military coup, overthrowing the elected government in 2003, Pindar, then the Nigerian ambassador together with others like Ambassador Tukur Hassan, now President Jonathan’s principal private secretary, talked the soldiers into peacefully abandoning the idea and moving back to the barracks.

In 2004, Pindar, the Wazirin Biu, was honoured with the national honours of Officer of the Order of the Niger (OON).
On the corporate front, Pindar was the founder and chairman of Maitama Amusement Park plc. This billion naira publicly quoted company already provides employment for more than 150 Nigerians. He was also the executive chairman of Subotech Engineering Ltd. Before he died, Pindar was sponsoring the education of more than 200 students in Borno, Yobe and Bauchi states through the Shettima Pindar Foundation he established.
He will be buried today at the National Morgue in Abuja.

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/4588/2011/09/01/ambassador_pindar_dies_57.html
Re: Ambassador Pindar Dies In A Ghastly Motor Accident by bolseas(f): 12:00pm On Sep 02, 2011
So where is the Hunter being Hunted? abi who is the Hunter being Hunted?

It is glowing attributes about the man that i read in the article.
Re: Ambassador Pindar Dies In A Ghastly Motor Accident by adamabdul: 12:43pm On Sep 02, 2011
A very good man.The only man that we thought will fight for pdp's stolen mandate in borno.Who will save us Ali modu sheriff?
Re: Ambassador Pindar Dies In A Ghastly Motor Accident by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 02, 2011
Its really not a bad idea if the infrastructure they neglected started killing them. undecided
Re: Ambassador Pindar Dies In A Ghastly Motor Accident by Kx: 1:50pm On Sep 02, 2011
May his soul rest in peace.
But I found this worthy of note:
Rhino.5dm:

Ambassador Pindar Dies At 57 In A Ghastly Motor Accident. Hunter Hunted?
[size=14pt]Another car that was avoiding a pothole on the road hit his jeep, which in turn hit a lorry by the side he was sitting. [/size]
Re: Ambassador Pindar Dies In A Ghastly Motor Accident by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 02, 2011
Bad roads, poor infrastructure.

What a mess of a country !!!

We need prayers for Nigeria .
Re: Ambassador Pindar Dies In A Ghastly Motor Accident by formebyme: 2:12pm On Sep 02, 2011
wow shocked sad
A true philanthropist!
May his soul rest in peace.
**we came from God and we shall all go back to God***
Re: Ambassador Pindar Dies In A Ghastly Motor Accident by werepeLeri: 2:14pm On Sep 02, 2011
blink182:

Its really not a bad idea if the infrastructure they neglected started killing them.  undecided

This is the worst form of insensitivity a man can give to a dead man.
Re: Ambassador Pindar Dies In A Ghastly Motor Accident by matnxmomah(m): 2:19pm On Sep 02, 2011
An avoidable death, other negligent people in power should hv sumtin to learn from dis, karma visits us all
RIP nevertheless
Re: Ambassador Pindar Dies In A Ghastly Motor Accident by tEsLim(m): 2:20pm On Sep 02, 2011
lol pothole thats the way obasanjo should die too and ibb
Re: Ambassador Pindar Dies In A Ghastly Motor Accident by BoraWizzle(m): 2:47pm On Sep 02, 2011
, Yet another life lost to the bad roads on Nigerian highways! Every minute some-place on Nigerian roads lives are being lost or injured. I still don't understand why we cant show to the world that we deserve the title " Giant Of Africa "? 2nd of all: Emergency services in the country is a disgrace! People get involve in an accident somehere in Nigeria, and there isn't any reliable # to dial as we see in other countries, 999,911. ET.C,
Mr Presidents and Ministers, ebeg make una look into this serious missing link, before 9ja turn into the weakest link!
" Peace", R.I.P Ambassador and all departed soul due to bad roads in 9ja. Thumbs up 2 FRSC. Keep up the good work.
Re: Ambassador Pindar Dies In A Ghastly Motor Accident by dibiapeterchukwukayahoo(m): 3:05pm On Sep 02, 2011
blink182:
Its really not a bad idea if the infrastructure they neglected started killing them. . BETA God go bless u!!! Leþ dem all die. Swcheeeeeeeew
Re: Ambassador Pindar Dies In A Ghastly Motor Accident by mallorca(m): 3:12pm On Sep 02, 2011
rip
Re: Ambassador Pindar Dies In A Ghastly Motor Accident by Zab: 3:47pm On Sep 02, 2011

MOST ACCIDENT ON NIGERIAN ROADS CAUSED BY BAD ROADS

NAIRALANDERS, POT HOLE NEARLY TOOK AWAY MY LIFE LONG ORE ROAD IN 2009. G0D SAVED ME AS I DID 360 DEGREES WITH A HONDA ACCORD CAR. I CAME OUT UNSCATHED. THE ONLY ISSUE I HAD WAS THAT A TRAILER BRUSHED THE PASSENGER SIDE OF THE CAR'S FENDER AND AND SMASHED THE ENTIRE FRONT CUT INCLUDING THE WINDSHIELD.

TOWED THE RIDE TO LAG AND FIXED IT WITH OVEN BAKED SPRAYING . GOD IS GOOD !
Re: Ambassador Pindar Dies In A Ghastly Motor Accident by shileowo: 3:52pm On Sep 02, 2011
^^^ naija with levels. oven baked spray paint
Re: Ambassador Pindar Dies In A Ghastly Motor Accident by tpia5: 4:06pm On Sep 02, 2011
Before he died, Pindar was sponsoring the education of more than 200 students in Borno, Yobe and Bauchi states

oh well, hope everyone is happy now.
Re: Ambassador Pindar Dies In A Ghastly Motor Accident by Guyman02: 5:08pm On Sep 02, 2011
Zab:

MOST ACCIDENT ON NIGERIAN ROADS CAUSED BY BAD ROADS

NAIRALANDERS, POT HOLE NEARLY TOOK AWAY MY LIFE LONG ORE ROAD IN 2009. G0D SAVED ME AS I DID 360 DEGREES WITH A HONDA ACCORD CAR. I CAME OUT UNSCATHED. THE ONLY ISSUE I HAD WAS THAT A TRAILER BRUSHED THE PASSENGER SIDE OF THE CAR'S FENDER AND AND SMASHED THE ENTIRE FRONT CUT INCLUDING THE WINDSHIELD.

TOWED THE RIDE TO LAG AND FIXED IT WITH OVEN BAKED SPRAYING . GOD IS GOOD !

Thank God you are alive to tell us the story. May the soul Amb. Pindar rest in peace. Amen.
Govt must ensure that our roads are fixed, we cant continue to loose our citizens to bad roads and infrastructure.
Re: Ambassador Pindar Dies In A Ghastly Motor Accident by Aroro(m): 5:23pm On Sep 02, 2011
So much traffic, official and civilian around Abidjan Wuse Zone 3. Is that where he lives? It must be. I've been wondering why we've had improved steady light for the past 3 days. May Allah provide his family with comfort and blessing at this time. PDP! Power to the People!
Re: Ambassador Pindar Dies In A Ghastly Motor Accident by babeface3: 6:06pm On Sep 02, 2011
Bad caption with a good story; Use of English. grin Died in a ghastly motor accident, Hunter Hunted. When death is involved, the accident should be described as fatal. The funny part of it is that even top journalists in Nigeria produce blunders. Whats this use of o8o ie o (alphabet) in calling gsm numbers that is currently rulling the air waves in Nigeria? No wonder the academic standard continues to wane in Nigeria. This is terrible
Re: Ambassador Pindar Dies In A Ghastly Motor Accident by donem: 6:11pm On Sep 02, 2011
R.I.P Pindar
Re: Ambassador Pindar Dies In A Ghastly Motor Accident by seanet02: 6:52pm On Sep 02, 2011
blink182:

Its really not a bad idea if the infrastructure they neglected started killing them. undecided
Sad but True talk
Re: Ambassador Pindar Dies In A Ghastly Motor Accident by Toks2008(m): 7:58pm On Sep 02, 2011
I sympathise with him and i pray GOD grants his family the fortitude to bear the loss.

Nevertheless,i would say its a shame that many lives have been lost due to bad road and i almost got killed on monday morning when the car i was in entered a polehole along lagos badagry express road.

We all can see what negligence has caused in this country. We are reading about his case cos he is influential howbeit many unknown Nigerians who have lost their lives as a result of bad road. Nonsense
Re: Ambassador Pindar Dies In A Ghastly Motor Accident by EuroMeko(m): 8:11pm On Sep 02, 2011
blink182:

+1
Re: Ambassador Pindar Dies In A Ghastly Motor Accident by ironben(m): 9:38pm On Sep 02, 2011
undecidedMay the late ambassador's soul RIP but many more Nigerians die out there on these roads as well.undecidedundecided
Re: Ambassador Pindar Dies In A Ghastly Motor Accident by hbrednic: 11:14pm On Sep 02, 2011
[quote author=Rhino.
In 2004, Pindar, the Wazirin Biu, was honoured with the national honours of Officer of the Order of the Niger (OON).
On the corporate front, Pindar was the founder and chairman of Maitama Amusement Park plc. This billion naira publicly quoted company already provides employment for more than 150 Nigerians. He was also the executive chairman of Subotech Engineering Ltd. Before he died, Pindar was sponsoring the education of more than 200 students in Borno, Yobe and Bauchi states through the Shettima Pindar Foundation he established.
He will be buried today at the National Morgue in Abuja.
[/quote]
publicly quoted where? this is a misinformation.
may he rest in peace
Re: Ambassador Pindar Dies In A Ghastly Motor Accident by hakanai(m): 12:25am On Sep 03, 2011
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
We always looked up to you and the likes of ndume to someday represent us in Borno as Governors from southern borno.
God has a reason for this but we will miss you greatly.The Bura community and Borno people will miss you alot.May Allah SWA grant you eternal peace amin.
sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Ambassador Pindar Dies In A Ghastly Motor Accident by Nobody: 4:53am On Sep 03, 2011
blink182:

Not a bad idea at all.

So he was sponsoring 200 students? Good riddance. Possibly Almajiris.
Re: Ambassador Pindar Dies In A Ghastly Motor Accident by tpia5: 5:06am On Sep 03, 2011
pDude:

So he was sponsoring 200 students? Good riddance. Possibly Almajiris.

The beneficiaries who are indigenes of Biu, Hawul, Kwaya Kusar, Shani and Bayo local government areas of Borno Southern senatorial districts are students of universities, polytechnics, colleges of education and agriculture and would have the cost of their education borne by the foundation

http://business.highbeam.com/3548/article-1G1-196877041/foundation-awards-scholarship-112-students
Re: Ambassador Pindar Dies In A Ghastly Motor Accident by IYANGBALI: 8:00am On Sep 03, 2011
tpia@:

oh well, hope everyone is happy now.
yes we is and you may wish to join him tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Ambassador Pindar Dies In A Ghastly Motor Accident by MMM2(m): 10:42am On Sep 03, 2011
R
I
P
Re: Ambassador Pindar Dies In A Ghastly Motor Accident by juman(m): 3:13pm On Sep 03, 2011
blink182:

Yeah.
Re: Ambassador Pindar Dies In A Ghastly Motor Accident by sweet12216: 6:01pm On Sep 03, 2011
a painful death irrespective of the way it happened,
i hope there will be a radical change towards our infrastructure,

MAY GOD HELP US ALL,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ehingbeti Summit 2021: President Buhari Pledges More Support For Lagos / Osinbajo: Nigeria Will Remain One Nation / Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.