Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,249 members, 7,829,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

''She Was My Only Child''- Slain Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem's Mum Speaks (video) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ''She Was My Only Child''- Slain Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem's Mum Speaks (video) (19479 Views)

Slain Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem Buried In Lagos (Photos) / Bolanle Raheem: NBA Demands ₦‎5 Billion For Slain Lawyer’s Family / Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem, Shot Dead By Police In Lagos On Christmas Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ''She Was My Only Child''- Slain Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem's Mum Speaks (video) by HitSong: 9:26am On Jan 02, 2023
angry
Re: ''She Was My Only Child''- Slain Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem's Mum Speaks (video) by AsapTeddy(m): 9:26am On Jan 02, 2023
What a sad loss.
Re: ''She Was My Only Child''- Slain Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem's Mum Speaks (video) by GloriousGbola: 9:26am On Jan 02, 2023
Every day for the thief one day for the owner. Our trigger happy police officer has finally buy market and reaped the whirlwind.

There is no way this case is going away.
Re: ''She Was My Only Child''- Slain Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem's Mum Speaks (video) by Impregnablefolk: 9:27am On Jan 02, 2023
Imagine d pain she z going through right now. All this our sisterz shouting "marriage is not an achievement" neva know how far. If a man loses 10 tins because he stayed unmarried for his whole life, women will lose 100 tins for staying unmarried. How she want take born at diz age!
Re: ''She Was My Only Child''- Slain Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem's Mum Speaks (video) by Solitechworld(m): 9:27am On Jan 02, 2023
highchief1:
I asked my police friend in Nigeria why do our security carry guns all the time.security abroad don’t carry gun.since I came to Canada I can count how many times I have seen a gun.what is the problem with Nigeria?

And what did he say?
Re: ''She Was My Only Child''- Slain Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem's Mum Speaks (video) by highchief1: 9:28am On Jan 02, 2023
Solitechworld:

And what did he say?
he said Canada and Nigeria is not the same that Nigeria is filled with animals while Canadian behave themselves.
Re: ''She Was My Only Child''- Slain Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem's Mum Speaks (video) by tiswell(m): 9:31am On Jan 02, 2023
Sanwo Olu should place this woman on lifetime salary of at least 400k a month sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ''She Was My Only Child''- Slain Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem's Mum Speaks (video) by superCleanworks(m): 9:33am On Jan 02, 2023
aktolly54:
a whole NBA is handling the case and you expect them to cover it up?

The whole NBA and yet BOLA IGE is still crying in his grave.
Nothing is impossible in Nigeria. Can you actually bet your right hand that this woman will get justice courtesy of NBA involvement? Yes?

4 Likes

Re: ''She Was My Only Child''- Slain Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem's Mum Speaks (video) by bolabadmus38: 9:33am On Jan 02, 2023
Really sad. May Almighty Allah comfort her. Mama epele Ma. God will be with you. So so sad.
Re: ''She Was My Only Child''- Slain Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem's Mum Speaks (video) by HellVictorinho6(m): 9:36am On Jan 02, 2023
Grape1:
I hope this madness will be the last of it.

Pray this doesn't end up like before where everybody condemns afterwhich everyone goes about their normal activities then boom.. similar thing happens again.

Measures should be put in place to ensure such doesn't repeat itself again cos we don tire oo.

It will happen again.

The useless prisons created by the useless government created by useless elections or military coups can't stop it
in a twisted world.
Re: ''She Was My Only Child''- Slain Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem's Mum Speaks (video) by HellVictorinho6(m): 9:37am On Jan 02, 2023
highchief1:
he said Canada and Nigeria is not the same that Nigeria is filled with animals while Canadian behave themselves.

He is an animal for that useless generalization.

So, the unborn baby was an animal too right?
Re: ''She Was My Only Child''- Slain Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem's Mum Speaks (video) by juman(m): 9:37am On Jan 02, 2023
She was not the only child.
She had at least two other sisters.

The killer police should be prosecuted.
Re: ''She Was My Only Child''- Slain Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem's Mum Speaks (video) by highchief1: 9:42am On Jan 02, 2023
HellVictorinho6:

He is an animal for that useless generalization.

So, the unborn baby was an animal too right?
there is big problem in Nigeria honestly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ''She Was My Only Child''- Slain Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem's Mum Speaks (video) by ArcFresky(m): 9:43am On Jan 02, 2023
Nigeria is a reflection of its people, the way we think, the way we behave.... its not just the leader, the people are also complicit.
So, as you blame the policeman, take an inward look at what you do, the corruption, the disobedience, the greediness, the lackadaisical attitude....

1 Like

Re: ''She Was My Only Child''- Slain Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem's Mum Speaks (video) by OLULAW: 10:03am On Jan 02, 2023
WTF. THE OFFICE DESERVES TO BE PUBLICLY EXECUTED AS A DETERRENT TO OTHERS. ONLY LESS THAN WEEK OF THIS INCIDENT ANOTHER TRIGGER HAPPY POLICE slowpoke FIRED SHITS THAT KILLED A 5 YEAR OLD GIRL. ARRANT NONSENSE.
Re: ''She Was My Only Child''- Slain Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem's Mum Speaks (video) by JaneYave(f): 10:11am On Jan 02, 2023
I pity who has a hand in the killing of this innocent soul. Only God can help you with sincere cry of forgiveness but the punishment you will face.
Re: ''She Was My Only Child''- Slain Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem's Mum Speaks (video) by cuteboy2: 10:14am On Jan 02, 2023
Insecurity everywhere.
Under Buhari life has become short, nasty and brutish
Re: ''She Was My Only Child''- Slain Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem's Mum Speaks (video) by FireUpNow(m): 10:19am On Jan 02, 2023
I can feel the mother's pain. My condolences and may God almighty protect the 5 years old daughter she left behind. The killer cop should face the law and the NP compensate the family handsomely but I am afraid that police will sweep this matter under the carpet
Re: ''She Was My Only Child''- Slain Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem's Mum Speaks (video) by olisaEze(m): 10:21am On Jan 02, 2023
The mother of this beautiful chic looking lawyer hawked oranges to put her through law school! Not everyone you see looking fly & successful comes from wealth. Most are products of one or both parent’s years of toil & sacrifice! Nothing as painful as having all that hard work taken away by one useless egotistical riff-raff! If I were a governor, I’d gladly sign the idiot’s death warrant. Take heart mama.
Re: ''She Was My Only Child''- Slain Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem's Mum Speaks (video) by grandstar(m): 10:30am On Jan 02, 2023
Aareakinwunmi:
It was an unfortunate death.

May she find peace.

It was inexcusable
Re: ''She Was My Only Child''- Slain Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem's Mum Speaks (video) by Nobody: 11:09am On Jan 02, 2023
angry angry Judge this case once and for all and stop milking public emotions.

Everyday, it's one news or the other about Bolanle. Meanwhile, thousands of people have died in Nigeria between yesterday and today, and nobody is singing about it.

In the end, you'd realize that this woman and her family are angling towards a huge monetary compensation. That's why they keep bringing up twists into the stories to remain relevant and top of mind to the general public before the case is heard.
Re: ''She Was My Only Child''- Slain Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem's Mum Speaks (video) by jaxxy(m): 11:14am On Jan 02, 2023
Our police service need ti be careful and stay professional always they don't know how deep their irresponsible activities affects people's lives.
Re: ''She Was My Only Child''- Slain Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem's Mum Speaks (video) by Desusi: 11:22am On Jan 02, 2023
superCleanworks:
There is a 99% chance that the family of this woman will not get justice.
Police is just wonderful.

whats up with that babe who got killed in a BRT? whats up with Reverend King? Deborah's killers showed their face in videos but nothing.

good luck to them
Which justice? Justice is no where to be found in Nigeria. The problems with Nigeria generally is that lives is not valued.l was with a German family that lost her niece sometimes ago.The family cried as if an adult has passed away.she refused to be comforted.At a point, l was scared.The sudden death of an individual meant a lot to their government hence their laws.
Re: ''She Was My Only Child''- Slain Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem's Mum Speaks (video) by Omodua(m): 11:27am On Jan 02, 2023
highchief1:
I asked my police friend in Nigeria why do our security carry guns all the time.security abroad don’t carry gun.since I came to Canada I can count how many times I have seen a gun.what is the problem with Nigeria?
High Chief1. Nigeria's not Canada. So, don't compare. There is high rate crime in Nigeria. And there is minimal crime in Canada. That's the difference.

Nigerian police will continue to carry gun despite the unfortunate incident that snuffed life from erudite Lawyer, Bolanle.

RIP to the dead. Her death is a watershed in the evolution of police state in Nigeria that defines the polity.
Re: ''She Was My Only Child''- Slain Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem's Mum Speaks (video) by Omodua(m): 11:30am On Jan 02, 2023
post=119628268:
A beautiful life wasted just like that by an animal in uniform!
Justice must take its full course in this very sad incident.
Killed on Christmas day morning...... so sad. cry cry

May God comfort her family at this sad period.
It is from this same division an Officer killed Gafaru Buraimoh about 2 weeks ago.

This barbarism by some of the Nigerian Police officers must come to an end.
This murderer must pay for his crime!

A beautiful, Hardworking and industrious Soul wasted just like that.
May her beautiful soul Rest in Perfect Peace and May Justice be done.

1. Bolanle Raheem, is a Christian, had May 29 as her birth date.

2. She was married to Gbenga Raheem and they had children together.

3. She had her secondary school education in Holy Child College in Ikoyi, Lagos State.

4. She also attended Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye in Ogun State and studied at the Nigerian Law School in Enugu State.

5. She was a property lawyer and a member of the Nigeria Bar Association, Lagos chapter.

6. Raheem was an award-winning realtor, a real estate consultant, business coach and developer.

7. She was the Chief Executive Officer of Croston Homes and Co-founder City Building, a real estate and property development company.

Another sad thing to know.
This is just so painful and very sad.

The Face of her Killer below......
He will rot in the hottest part of hell.
Thank you for the insight. Happy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ''She Was My Only Child''- Slain Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem's Mum Speaks (video) by warlordd(m): 11:35am On Jan 02, 2023
With her daughter's death, a part of the woman might have died. It will never be with the hand that pulled the trigger.
Re: ''She Was My Only Child''- Slain Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem's Mum Speaks (video) by farouk2much(m): 12:13pm On Jan 02, 2023
Is she the only person weh they kill for naija... Am tired of hearing any news about this yeye girl
Re: ''She Was My Only Child''- Slain Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem's Mum Speaks (video) by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 02, 2023
Yea, yea! she is not the only one or tue first who has lost loved one to Naigerian useless police murderers.

These murders will never stop until the Naigerian police are abolished and reinvented again with proper trainings for the police, and accountability imposed on police chiefs, commissioners and the government and a zero tolerance to corruptions robustly practised.

This case will probarbly be swept under the carpet like all the other cases.

This case in particular should call for a massive protest against police brutalities and murder in the whole of Naigeria or atleast in the state that it happened, but Naigerians are not ready for real change in their corrupt system, most Naigerians are believes that as long as it is not happening to them and their loved ones it isn't their business and problem.
Re: ''She Was My Only Child''- Slain Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem's Mum Speaks (video) by Edusouls(m): 12:30pm On Jan 02, 2023
ahnie:
God why?
u don’t question God my sister, it’s heartbreaking but what can we do in a world we don’t understand any single thing, even the next second is not guaranteed, life is a total and deep mystery not meant for us mere mortals to understand
Re: ''She Was My Only Child''- Slain Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem's Mum Speaks (video) by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 02, 2023
ahnie:
God why?
God doesn't exist.
Re: ''She Was My Only Child''- Slain Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem's Mum Speaks (video) by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 02, 2023
Omodua:
High Chief1. Nigeria's not Canada. So, don't compare. There is high rate crime in Nigeria. And there is minimal crime in Canada. That's the difference.

Nigerian police will continue to carry gun despite the unfortunate incident that snuffed life from erudite Lawyer, Bolanle.

RIP to the dead. Her death is a watershed in the evolution of police state in Nigeria that defines the polity.
Imagine asking why Naigerian police carry guns, if they don't carry gun they d be killed daily by armed robbers who carry even more sophisticated and powerful weapons better than Naigerian police guns.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vigilantes Burn A Thief Alive / Two Jailed For Internet Love Scam, US Military Impersonation In Ilorin / Hoodlums Burn Police Post, Vehicles In Anambra Land Dispute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.