Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,113 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Throwback Video Of Basketmouth And His Wife Saying They Can Never Get Divorced - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Throwback Video Of Basketmouth And His Wife Saying They Can Never Get Divorced (55812 Views)

Jason Okocha Graduation Party: Basketmouth And Wife Spotted At Son's School / Selfie Of Basketmouth And His Son, Jason Okpocha / Basketmouth And His Wife, Elsie Okpocha, 10 Years Ago (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback Video Of Basketmouth And His Wife Saying They Can Never Get Divorced by Image123(m): 6:33am On Dec 29, 2022
Okhuadams:
The man suddenly tested a new Pigeon hole and finds it more sweeter while the woman saw a bigger plantain that made her go gagalicious gagaly

Marriage is not only about sex oga, make e clear for your eyes. Practical love, submission, forgiveness must be constant for a marriage to keep working fine.
Re: Throwback Video Of Basketmouth And His Wife Saying They Can Never Get Divorced by Nobody: 7:15am On Dec 29, 2022
Why are you doing this? The man has finally been delivered from the hoe that kept him stagnated.
Re: Throwback Video Of Basketmouth And His Wife Saying They Can Never Get Divorced by Okhuadams(m): 7:28am On Dec 29, 2022
Image123:

Marriage is not only about sex oga, make e clear for your eyes. Practical love, submission, forgiveness must be constant for a marriage to keep working fine.
Before I answer tell me the cause of their divorce

1 Like

Re: Throwback Video Of Basketmouth And His Wife Saying They Can Never Get Divorced by SavageResponse(m): 7:39am On Dec 29, 2022
lyaebe:
With all these useless Nigerian men wey full ground so?

Impostor!

1 Like

Re: Throwback Video Of Basketmouth And His Wife Saying They Can Never Get Divorced by Blissguts: 7:40am On Dec 29, 2022
Bsharp:

Guy! I thought I was the only one that noticed. The woman clearly never loved him.

Its obvious.
Re: Throwback Video Of Basketmouth And His Wife Saying They Can Never Get Divorced by cardoctor(m): 7:46am On Dec 29, 2022
I was there on their wedding day.
Re: Throwback Video Of Basketmouth And His Wife Saying They Can Never Get Divorced by Blissguts: 7:48am On Dec 29, 2022
Murphyenemuwe:
I've had many unpalatable ordeals with ladies but that shouldn't take away fair judgement from our thinking faculty. In all you wrote you never suggested basketmouth would have been the cause of the divorce? What if she wanted to give a reason which has been happening in her marriage that's making her give a second thought to divorce? Cutting her husband means she has a contrary opinion and obviously from that convo she agreed to save her husband's face based on his popularity. Be objective when you're contributing to any topic you have no first hand information. You never lived a sec in their house but u already giving analysis. The same way you judge others you'd be judged. I'm not supporting her I don't know her from Adam but what if she was frustrated? Stop painting it as if there are no mad men out there. I don't stereotype based on gender or whatever. If you're good you're good irrespective of colour or gender. I've seen foolish women and I've seen foolish men

You miss everything. You can't point out where I apportioned blame to anyone, cos that isn't what it was for.

Clearly, it was to point out how forcing things with someone is only counter productive. Even though the person is perfect.

But again, let me add here, when there is love, you'll almost drive your partner home to leave you alone and instead she or he would insist on you both mending your differences.

Love ?

Love is a strong force. Don't be fooled by this recent show of opportunistic behaviours you see now. When you marry someone whose bits is still with her ex, or his ex, just a little thing, you can divorce cos actually even the love is in denial and not real.

Lastly, a woman is who holds the marriage. Hence you must do your investigative inquiry / scrutiny.

Cos a woman already scrutinized you even as you're standing there asking her out, before she agrees to go the way with you.

Thank you, and better light.
Re: Throwback Video Of Basketmouth And His Wife Saying They Can Never Get Divorced by Enny2013(f): 8:23am On Dec 29, 2022
linearity:

Where e dey 4 Bible?
*Smiling*

Ar no know.
Re: Throwback Video Of Basketmouth And His Wife Saying They Can Never Get Divorced by almarthins(m): 8:31am On Dec 29, 2022
Weedhustler:
Love fades...it only takes time! Even my gal friend no longer reply back anytime I tell her I love you!

Run away. If girl don dey do like that another man dey closer. No message am again
Re: Throwback Video Of Basketmouth And His Wife Saying They Can Never Get Divorced by iFESTAC680(m): 8:52am On Dec 29, 2022
Impregnablefolk:

It's been an aeon since we tasted ur bitterness. How market now?

Bitterness I don't do bitterness, I do facts !! tongue
Re: Throwback Video Of Basketmouth And His Wife Saying They Can Never Get Divorced by banky222: 9:16am On Dec 29, 2022
No one gets married and hope to get divorced later.
Re: Throwback Video Of Basketmouth And His Wife Saying They Can Never Get Divorced by imoh4king(m): 9:21am On Dec 29, 2022
GoodIsGod:

Your response says it all.
The two of them though Christian as they call themselves relied on their own strength and willpower to answer the question. It would have been nice to hear one of them say "God forbid!" "God won't make it happen,"
But instead, "Divorce is not on the table" grin
Forgetting that Satan has the power to put divorce on the table when you don't hand your marriage on God's hands. He can even put it in their heads.

I am not saying divorce doesn't happen to children of God though. But still it is better not to rely on your own power.

Divorce is not on the Table.

F00L!
Re: Throwback Video Of Basketmouth And His Wife Saying They Can Never Get Divorced by Nobodysboo(m): 10:06am On Dec 29, 2022
Divorce na una mate
Re: Throwback Video Of Basketmouth And His Wife Saying They Can Never Get Divorced by calebsmile(m): 10:18am On Dec 29, 2022
When Burna Boy said las las, everybody go chop breakfast, this is what he meant.
Re: Throwback Video Of Basketmouth And His Wife Saying They Can Never Get Divorced by adejumoke121: 10:19am On Dec 29, 2022
Love fades...it only takes time! Even my gal friend no longer reply back anytime I tell her I love you!Love fades...it only takes time! Even my gal friend no longer reply back anytime I tell her I love you!...
Re: Throwback Video Of Basketmouth And His Wife Saying They Can Never Get Divorced by Image123(m): 10:32am On Dec 29, 2022
Okhuadams:
Before I answer tell me the cause of their divorce

There's really nothing to answer, i didn't ask you a question but just made a comment on your post. i am not aware of the reasons for their divorce but experience shows that happy and lasting relationships have more to do with the factors i mentioned, practical love, submission, and forgiveness.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Video Of Basketmouth And His Wife Saying They Can Never Get Divorced by judedwriter(m): 11:29am On Dec 29, 2022
Any marriage not built on agape love can dissolve at any time.

Surely romantic love will fizzle out and rekindle occasionally, but agape love keeps a marriage together.
Re: Throwback Video Of Basketmouth And His Wife Saying They Can Never Get Divorced by GoodIsGod: 11:42am On Dec 29, 2022
imoh4king:

F00L!

Not everyone answers same name as your father.
The surname you inherited. Stop posting it all over the internet. It is disgusting.

If you need a change of name in 2023 run to Jesus. It's never too late.
Re: Throwback Video Of Basketmouth And His Wife Saying They Can Never Get Divorced by PoliteActivist: 12:36pm On Dec 29, 2022
Image123:

The same polygamy we know or another one?

Image123:

There's really nothing to answer, i didn't ask you a question but just made a comment on your post. i am not aware of the reasons for their divorce but experience shows that happy and lasting relationships have more to do with the factors i mentioned, practical love, submission, and forgiveness.

I see you're really into this topic. Well, the guy actually has a point about polygamy or informal "polygamy".
There is something fundamentally flawed and unfair in expecting a very successful young man in his prime to stick to only one woman. Especially when he is also a celebrity with girls all over him. A man works very hard to make it, denying himself, women not giving him a chance (they're busy dating successful men). When he finally makes it and can have any woman he wants, one woman wants to claim him all to herself and herself alone!
Re: Throwback Video Of Basketmouth And His Wife Saying They Can Never Get Divorced by Image123(m): 1:09pm On Dec 29, 2022
PoliteActivist:

I see you're really into this topic. Well, the guy actually has a point about polygamy or informal "polygamy".
There is something fundamentally flawed and unfair in expecting a very successful young man in his prime to stick to only one woman. Especially when he is also a celebrity with girls all over him. A man works very hard to make it, denying himself, women not giving him a chance (they're busy dating successful men). When he finally makes it and can have any woman he wants, one woman wants to claim him all to herself and herself alone!

i am talking about successful marriage, not about fundamental flaws and celebrity logic. If you want a successful, happy married LIFE, you follow the clear steps. If you want celebrityhood, you can study fundamental flaws.
Re: Throwback Video Of Basketmouth And His Wife Saying They Can Never Get Divorced by Konquest: 1:36pm On Dec 29, 2022
Fira09:
Watch the video below:
VIDEO

SOURCE
We live in a world of cycles... change must always come for good or bad.
Re: Throwback Video Of Basketmouth And His Wife Saying They Can Never Get Divorced by PoliteActivist: 1:39pm On Dec 29, 2022
Image123:

i am talking about successful marriage, not about fundamental flaws and celebrity logic. If you want a successful, happy married LIFE, you follow the clear steps. If you want celebrityhood, you can study fundamental flaws.

Well, the guy said this:

Konjiboii:
Polygamy will solve 95% of broken homes and divorces.

And you replied with this:

Image123:

The same polygamy we know or another one?

That's what my post was addressing
Re: Throwback Video Of Basketmouth And His Wife Saying They Can Never Get Divorced by hedonido: 1:40pm On Dec 29, 2022
PoliteActivist:

This gan gan is the premise for my own understanding of the redpill.

There's nothing more tragic than a man who has gone through hell to achieve financial success only to be manipulated into relinquishing his freedom and getting caged/domesticated by one useless, often undeserving idiot in the name of commitment or responsibility.
Re: Throwback Video Of Basketmouth And His Wife Saying They Can Never Get Divorced by Image123(m): 1:47pm On Dec 29, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Well, the guy said this:

And you replied with this:

That's what my post was addressing

The start of polygamy (adultery) is a leading cause of divorce. Not everyone subscribes to sharing themselves.
Re: Throwback Video Of Basketmouth And His Wife Saying They Can Never Get Divorced by imoh4king(m): 1:57pm On Dec 29, 2022
GoodIsGod:

Not everyone answers same name as your father.
The surname you inherited. Stop posting it all over the internet. It is disgusting.

If you need a change of name in 2023 run to Jesus. It's never too late.

................. "Silence"[color=#990000][/color]

The best answer to a f00l.

I won't insult ur father or ur family members. They r wonderful people.
I don't understand how u mistakenly crashed in2 a family of nice people.
Place ur hand on ur head, let me pray for u; Heavenly Father deliver this f00l today IJN, Amen.
Re: Throwback Video Of Basketmouth And His Wife Saying They Can Never Get Divorced by Okhuadams(m): 2:11pm On Dec 29, 2022
Image123:

Ok
Re: Throwback Video Of Basketmouth And His Wife Saying They Can Never Get Divorced by PoliteActivist: 2:16pm On Dec 29, 2022
Image123:

The start of polygamy (adultery) is a leading cause of divorce. Not everyone subscribes to sharing themselves.

It seemed to had worked just fine for our ancestors - hardly any divorces. A very successful man got to marry more than one wife - as long as he can comfortably support them. It was one of the motivations to strive hard for successs
Re: Throwback Video Of Basketmouth And His Wife Saying They Can Never Get Divorced by PoliteActivist: 2:25pm On Dec 29, 2022
hedonido:

This gan gan is the premise for my own understanding of the redpill.

There's nothing more tragic than a man who has gone through hell to achieve financial success only to be manipulated into relinquishing his freedom and getting caged/domesticated by one useless, often undeserving idiot in the name of commitment or responsibility.

You have a point, though a bit harsh grin
I think our traditional way had it's merits (see below)
A very successful man got to have more than one wife

Re: Throwback Video Of Basketmouth And His Wife Saying They Can Never Get Divorced by Image123(m): 3:53pm On Dec 29, 2022
PoliteActivist:

It seemed to had worked just fine for our ancestors - hardly any divorces. A very successful man got to marry more than one wife - as long as he can comfortably support them. It was one of the motivations to strive hard for successs

That was culture, not polygamy at work. People are often pressured with culture or tradition all over the world, no one wants to change the status quo, as it were. It was a culture to marry many and be married off, it was also a culture to stay put and frowned upon to divorce. Things as usual have changed. Women now work, hello. They don't go their husband's farms or sit in the hut all year pounding yam. We now have airplanes, internet, camera phone and microwave. It's so incomparable.
Re: Throwback Video Of Basketmouth And His Wife Saying They Can Never Get Divorced by PoliteActivist: 4:07pm On Dec 29, 2022
Image123:

That was culture, not polygamy at work. People are often pressured with culture or tradition all over the world, no one wants to change the status quo, as it were. It was a culture to marry many and be married off, it was also a culture to stay put and frowned upon to divorce. Things as usual have changed. Women now work, hello. They don't go their husband's farms or sit in the hut all year pounding yam. We now have airplanes, internet, camera phone and microwave. It's so incomparable.

You also have so many women with no husbands (including the divorced and the widowed). Read the scenario I posted above with Achebe's Okonkwo. Today he'd have DIVORCED his wives to marry her. See, men do all the dangerous chores in society, so they die off more than women. Among those left, the high-value ones that'd match the high-value women are still fewer in number. Women being hypergamous, a bunch of high-value women either go unmarried or unhappily married to lower status men!
Re: Throwback Video Of Basketmouth And His Wife Saying They Can Never Get Divorced by Image123(m): 4:34pm On Dec 29, 2022
PoliteActivist:

You also have so many women with no husbands (including the divorced and the widowed). Read the scenario I posted above with Achebe's Okonkwo. Today he'd have DIVORCED his wives to marry her. See, men do all the dangerous chores in society, so they die off more than women. Among those left, the high-value ones that'd match the high-value women are still fewer in number. Women being hypergamous, a bunch of high-value women either go unmarried or unhappily married to lower status men!

As we have many women with no husbands, so also we have many men with no wives so no point taken there. Okonkwo will divorce his wife today because like you said, it is today, not yesterday. Polygamy didn't help the marriage or keep them married, culture did.
i don't know about women being hypergamous as a whole, there are many women who marry unsuccessful men. Happy marriage is not necessarily by money or status. It is more by working on the timeless rules of practical love, submission and forgiveness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boluwatife Balogun And Jamal Zamani Pose Together In Matching Oufit (photo) / Nigerians Drag Bobrisky Over His N450M Mansion Document He Shared (pix) / Peter Olayinka And Yetunde Barnabas' Wedding Introduction (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.