Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,210 members, 7,822,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway (46149 Views)

7 Burnt To Death As Commercial Bus Catches Fire In Lagos / Pictures Of The Completed Ijebu Ode-Epe-Sagamu-Benin Expressway Interchange. / Bus Catches Fire On Lagos-Ibadan Highway, Many Burnt To Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by DSC7: 3:55pm On Dec 30, 2022
Very disheartening....

May they all RIP.....

God Abegggggg ooooooo....
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by oluwaseyi0: 3:56pm On Dec 30, 2022
lordm:
Jesus, may God continue to protect us all

are you trying to mock the dead
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by Dshocker(m): 3:56pm On Dec 30, 2022
Braveboi1:
The drunk and crazy driver who was driving rough, why did he escaped death?

similar happened to us
one day i was coming from yaba to bariga when the bus broke down on the road, small time one broda standing near the road said driver see fire under your moto, no be fire be dis, see running i was at the back i forgot my fone and slippers when jumping seat, LIFE IS PRECIOUS

Oga read again, make i no tear you slap.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by Litmus: 3:58pm On Dec 30, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft_CIpisrJY

More mass transport like in the vid. We possibly need, as a priority, interstate railway network.

RIP
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by spiceadole: 3:59pm On Dec 30, 2022
lordm:

Lol..Joker!

There is no God that protects anybody.
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by Cantonese: 4:00pm On Dec 30, 2022
TyroneP:
They were Islamic women going for a conference (Al-Mumina'at). However, the organisers of the programme had cancelled the event to honour the Muslim faithfuls.

Very sad.
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by perez100: 4:01pm On Dec 30, 2022
Are you sure no fuel in the car? We are having fuel scarcity and many people are keeping fuel in the car and in their houses
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by nathdim: 4:02pm On Dec 30, 2022
lordm:
slowpoke Jesus that only exist in your imagination am sure they were screaming his name with their highest voice while life drain out of them
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by Starz825(m): 4:02pm On Dec 30, 2022
Rita33:

Probably
You and the person you mention no well

Rip to the dead....it's shameful how we are so ignorant of this little things that can cost lives....

Drivers are meant to check their vehicles very well before embarking on a journey...

Trusting God to save you when you know your vehicle is not in good condition is not appealing especially when you can do something about it...

This is life ....we need to watch and pray

1 Like

Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by HardMirror(m): 4:03pm On Dec 30, 2022
dominique:
I read about it on a WhatsApp contact's status, a heavily pregnant woman was amongst the casualties. They were going for a Muslim program not church revival as stated in the op. May Allah grant them Al-Jannah Firdaus and console the loved ones they left behind
so people that are not pregnant are less valuable than the pregnant person? Let us mourn the 7 humans and stop picking how special anyone is. Tired of this shit. Pregnant woman then pretty women then women generally then female children seem to be the most important humans. Poor men are the most worthless according to these stupid categorizations.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by GloriousGbola: 4:04pm On Dec 30, 2022
The fking drivers always escape. They have their contingency plan and will immediately abandon passengers to a gruesome fate brought on by thier malicious incompetence

4 Likes

Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by judedwriter(m): 4:04pm On Dec 30, 2022
End of the year tragedy...

If you know you know.

May God protect us to see 2023 and beyond.
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by Kajaard: 4:06pm On Dec 30, 2022
The irony: they were going for a church revival to usher in the year 2023 but they ended up not making it to the year 2023 undecided

May their souls rest in peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by tollyboy5(m): 4:06pm On Dec 30, 2022
Revolution2022:
The Danfo driver escaped unhurt.He did not rescue his passengers who were trapped in the inferno.
This is pure evil. Those buses used to locked, at least he should have open the door.

1 Like

Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by eteebanky1: 4:06pm On Dec 30, 2022
They should have escaped the moment they saw smokes oozing out of the engine

RIP to the lost souls

This is a gory sight, Omo see how human flesh burn beyond recognition
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by Mercury12(m): 4:06pm On Dec 30, 2022
Tboy222:
There was nothing the driver could do,, we are talking about fire here the only reasonable thing was to escape first then get down on his knees and pray for the others escape safely.
Some interstate buses are not road worthy anymore. Wonder why FRSC isn't talking action against it. undecided
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by Benwallt(m): 4:07pm On Dec 30, 2022
the driver escaped and couldn't open the doors and burst the glass window and drag many out. That driver is evil so long the passengers are not carrying petrol. Kai! RIP to them

1 Like

Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by tollyboy5(m): 4:07pm On Dec 30, 2022
Rita33:

Rescue shocked
Yes of course. The driver need to be captured
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by sofeo(m): 4:07pm On Dec 30, 2022
May their souls rest in perfect peace.
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by ennyj01(m): 4:08pm On Dec 30, 2022
May God give their family the fortitude to bear the loss. The picture I just saw now is cry

1 Like

Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by masseratti: 4:09pm On Dec 30, 2022
Templee333:
Victims of Tinubu sacrifice
statement like this wiill only alienate your candidate from other people,it's insensitive when people are mourning to talk irrelevant politics

1 Like

Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by alyarmouk(m): 4:10pm On Dec 30, 2022
They were Muslims n not christians as specified
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by tollyboy5(m): 4:11pm On Dec 30, 2022
HardMirror:
so people that are not pregnant are less valuable than ten generally then female children seem to be the most important humans. Poor men are the most worthless according to these stupid categorizations.
Anytime I see headline as "a pretty lady..."

I regard it as useless headline.

2 Likes

Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by Pclemenza: 4:12pm On Dec 30, 2022
Revolution2022:
The Danfo driver escaped unhurt.He did not rescue his passengers who were trapped in the inferno.
Happened when?
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by IGoComotYaTeeth: 4:12pm On Dec 30, 2022
Braveboi1:
The drunk and crazy driver who was driving rough, why did he escaped death?

similar happened to us
one day i was coming from yaba to bariga when the bus broke down on the road, small time one broda standing near the road said driver see fire under your moto, no be fire be dis, see running i was at the back i forgot my fone and slippers when jumping seat, LIFE IS PRECIOUS
grin
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:13pm On Dec 30, 2022
I actually thought keg of fuel to ease the fuel scarcity was put in the vehicle.

RIP to them. embarassed
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by Dougyclan: 4:15pm On Dec 30, 2022
Rita33:

https://punchng.com/seven-burnt-to-death-in-sagamu-benin-expressway-accident
This is so sad, these are people that were expecting a better 2023. God is great...
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by DispatcherLagos: 4:16pm On Dec 30, 2022
lordm:
Protect you how?
Is it not Him that created everything including death? How do you want him to be partial to letting death live to Its potentials
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by Benrosaria(m): 4:17pm On Dec 30, 2022
15 seater mazda bus I want to see this kind of bus in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by Cutehector(m): 4:17pm On Dec 30, 2022
Rubbish country.
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by sketcherJ(m): 4:18pm On Dec 30, 2022
Can anybody tell how engine oil overflow can cause this massive fire? Was there no water in the radiator? Surely smoke would have been coming out from the engine first, didn’t the driver try to stop the car to check? Could this fire have been helped by possibly another factor in the bus? A keg of petrol perhaps?

I own a personal car and there was a time that my engine oil compartment hit an uneven ground and was leaking, unknowingly to me, I don’t know why it affected the radiator cover of my car thereby wasting the water in my radiator. I started seeing a little cloud of smoke in the front, while driving, my partner alerted me to it, another driver on the road pointed it out to me, I drove it for about 2 minutes more looking for where to park. As I parked as if on cue, I started seeing a lot of engine oil seeping to the floor and heard the little water in the radiator bubbling as if something is on fire. There is no way this driver didn’t know or wasn’t alerted before the fire got worse.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The First Aeroplane That Landed In Bauchi In 1928 / Magnitude 4.0 Earthquake In Ghana (Photos + Video) / Driver Cheats Death As Tree Falls On Car In Calabar (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.