Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway (46147 Views)

7 Burnt To Death As Commercial Bus Catches Fire In Lagos / Pictures Of The Completed Ijebu Ode-Epe-Sagamu-Benin Expressway Interchange. / Bus Catches Fire On Lagos-Ibadan Highway, Many Burnt To Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by Buharidgeneral: 4:19pm On Dec 30, 2022
Revolution2022:
The Danfo driver escaped unhurt.He did not rescue his passengers who were trapped in the inferno.
How?
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by dazzlingd(m): 4:22pm On Dec 30, 2022
A failed nation
It will look like evil spirits but no, it is the lack of process and structure to make things work.

That’s why we have drunk drivers, drunk policemen, bad roads, injustice, every thing will be going wrong.
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by gassbee: 4:25pm On Dec 30, 2022
zinaunreal:
Nairaland this is not an abattoir. Learn to censor deeply graphic content wtf is this
are u ok, u saw graphic on the title n u stil opened it
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by 9jaRealist: 4:25pm On Dec 30, 2022
post=119552674]

Try to learn how to read before commenting on Nairaland so you won't end up embarrassing your self.
It takes less than a minute to read this news..
Don't take this bad habit follow you to the New Year we beg of you.
Happy New Year in addy!
The reason for the accident is found below,
We wonder where you got your drunk and crazy driver from!

You kids are still displaying your political nonsense of hate and bitterness on this kind of terrible and emotional thread/news?!
Total lack of emphaty!
May God have mercy on your cold souls.

May the departed souls rest in peace with God.[/quote]
[quote author=Tboy222
:
There was nothing the driver could do,, we are talking about fire here the only reasonable thing was to escape first then get down on his knees and pray for the others escape safely.

With all due respect, these are the sorts of mindsets that PERPETUATE these incidents…
The driver may not have “drunk and crazy” but these sorts of accidents do not happen WITHOUT FAULT.

It is time to start holding individuals personally and vicariously responsible for accidents…
Individuals were responsible for maintenance, operating the vehicle, even hiring the mechanic and driver.

>
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by Bahamas95(m): 4:27pm On Dec 30, 2022
This is terrible. embarassed

RIP to the deceased and quick recovery to those injured.
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by Passionate1(m): 4:27pm On Dec 30, 2022
Avoidable mortality. . Most Nigerians don't deserve a driver's license. . Una no sabi !
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by ponishah: 4:29pm On Dec 30, 2022
Toosure70:
May be the driver keep fuel in the vehicle.

YOU ARE QUITE CORRECT.
Which yeye oil overflow dey cause high flame from the rear of the bus?
The bus driver must be arrested, he must have kept at least 30lts of fuel in the boot of the bus, especially with th fuel scarcity in the country.
Unfortunately, that is what nigerian drivers do, and when you challenge them to dropit, your fellow passengers will not even surpport you.
The driver and the person reporting oil overflow should be held and charged with conspiracy and death of the passengers.

Nobody will talk now, because the victims no be lawyers

2 Likes

Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by highchief1: 4:30pm On Dec 30, 2022
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by bassdow: 4:31pm On Dec 30, 2022
lordm:
Jesus, may God continue to protect us all

Continue to Protect us abi ?

What was that GOD abi god doing when these ones who were on their way to worship him wasted away like this ?

if my kid(s) reason like most Africans, then it means I wasted my youth training them. I better just be childless and spend those resources on myself instead
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by faceland: 4:31pm On Dec 30, 2022
If possible don't travel until the 2nd week of January
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by Akujuriobi: 4:34pm On Dec 30, 2022
Templee333:
Victims of Tinubu sacrifidonce
don't contribute if you don't have anything to say. To contribute is not by force. Enough of the insult.
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by crackhouse(m): 4:34pm On Dec 30, 2022
That driver need to be arrested. They can never put their car in order.
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by 9jaRealist: 4:34pm On Dec 30, 2022
abobote:
So terrifying

Nigeria is just a hell of country, no emergency services, no fire service at sight, but drivers will be over speeding
dazzlingd:
A failed nation
It will look like evil spirits but no, it is the lack of process and structure to make things work.

That’s why we have drunk drivers, drunk policemen, bad roads, injustice, every thing will be going wrong.

Quit blaming “Nigeria” or “nation” for the negligent or criminal actions of INDIVIDUALS…
Ultimately, Nigeria’s condition is the culmination of the various acts of INDIVIDUALS, by active commission or passive omission.

‘Nigeria’ does not happen to people, NIGERIANS do!
#TakeResponsibility
>
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by Akujuriobi: 4:36pm On Dec 30, 2022
ponishah:

You are right.
YOU ARE QUITE CORRECT.
Which yeye oil overflow dey cause high flame from the rear of the bus?
The bus driver must be arrested, he must have kept at least 30lts of fuel in the boot of the bus, especially with th fuel scarcity in the country.
Unfortunately, that is what nigerian drivers do, and when you challenge them to dropit, your fellow passengers will not even surpport you.
The driver and the person reporting oil overflow should be held and charged with conspiracy and death of the passengers.

Nobody will talk now, because the victims no be lawyers
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by virginchaser(m): 4:36pm On Dec 30, 2022
This must be result of carrying extra fuel in a rubber tank during dry hot weather.
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by Akujuriobi: 4:36pm On Dec 30, 2022
U are right.
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by Oceanjagaban: 4:41pm On Dec 30, 2022
What a sin thing
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by dessyBerry(m): 4:42pm On Dec 30, 2022
That route has always been terrifying. May God for their sins, grant them eternal rest and console their families
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by dazzlingd(m): 4:42pm On Dec 30, 2022
9jaRealist:

Quit blaming “Nigeria” or “nation” for the negligent or criminal actions of INDIVIDUALS…
Ultimately, Nigeria’s condition is the culmination of the various acts of INDIVIDUALS, by active commission or passive omission.

‘Nigeria’ does not happen to people, NIGERIANS do!
#TakeResponsibility
>

I blame the nation.
You need to see a system that works then u will understand that Nigeria is lawless and how this is a ripple effect affecting every sector.
Poor logistics and transportation system, nepotism that results in incompetent people taking up sensitive positions. People get drivers license through bribery.
Overloading of vehicles, buses that don’t have emergency exit. Etc. the Wahala too much.
Building collapse today, police shoot somebody tomorrow, and you think it is not about the failed system?

1 Like

Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by Doyou2019: 4:43pm On Dec 30, 2022
abobote:
So terrifying

Nigeria is just a hell of country, no emergency services, no fire service at sight, but drivers will be over speeding
Nigerian leaders no send anybody mama.
One emergency visit by urchins to LUTH or LASUTH go make those fools know how alone they all are when push comes to shove. No one send if you be Yoruba, Igbo o, or you voted your tribesman into power.

By the way, the chorus sung in the lobby of those two teaching hospitals is "No bedspace'. grin

1 Like

Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by rippa(m): 4:43pm On Dec 30, 2022
Rita33:

https://punchng.com/seven-burnt-to-death-in-sagamu-benin-expressway-accident
Fire extinguisher is very important in vehicles
Nigeria is not a serious country
RIP to the departed
God please continue to save us in this country
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by makavalley(m): 4:45pm On Dec 30, 2022
What a horrible death ! I keep saying it live at peace with your fellow man because we all must die , either natural cause, unforeseen circumstances or horrible way
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by OkoRemi2023(m): 4:47pm On Dec 30, 2022
2006 when I was going for a post utme in ado Ekiti, I left Lagos late around 4pm only for us to face heavy gridlock, leaving the gridlock as we move pass kurumaraji the bus caught fire at the back, there was student foam at the back of the bus, unfortunately I was at the last sit , people in our front try to open the door but the door was stiff, in a dark and thick forest, my people na so I jump out from the window while other passengers were trying to force the door open, lifted two ladies that sat with me, na from window everyone take come down

what we do immediately we hop out was to poured heavy sand at the back before it calm the fire down, the foam was already half burnt, after the fire calm down, the driver check something and realized it was his fault, we hop in back but my mind was never at rest till I got to ado 2am

it was terrible journey of my life, I cease to travel late since then

when a bus catch fire, what you can do is to either remove the head of chair your sitting on to break the glass and if na commercial vehicle, so far the bus is on slow motion, na to jump from window, don't wait for door to open because car door is always stiff when a car catch fire

5 Likes

Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by dazzlingd(m): 4:50pm On Dec 30, 2022
lordm:

Very stupid prayer.
If this happened in a foreign country, all hands will be on deck to find the root cause, establish the facts and make changes and laws that will prevent further occurrences. Pls don’t teach your children this stupidity so it can die down with this generation.
Nigeria need a total mental overhauling
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by just2endowed: 4:51pm On Dec 30, 2022
Oxtertee:
Very sad and pathetic incident, it is heart wrenching to lose a loved one in such a gory manner.

avoidable incident if proper maintenance and periodic checks are carried out on the vehicles plying our road.

May God console the bereaved family and grant the depart soul eternal rest.

VIO ply Lagos but if u see the useless commercial bus that have no light navigation, no fuel gauge, nothing... But if they see private vehicles, they will jump up

1 Like

Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by Otunbakayce: 4:52pm On Dec 30, 2022
7 women sacrificed by a careless ritualist driver, Who probably bought the bus with rituals money.
That driver deserves death 7 times.
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by Obagreatdatoye(m): 4:53pm On Dec 30, 2022
TyroneP:
They were Islamic women going for a conference (Al-Mumina'at). However, the organisers of the programme had cancelled the event to honour the Muslim faithfuls.

Straight to hell...from bus fire to a greater fire.
It's so sad. How I wish they know Jesus!
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by Nicepoker(m): 5:00pm On Dec 30, 2022
Candidlady:
Seven women

Lord what is this cry
And the driver a man escaped unhurt.
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by Greatdand007(m): 5:02pm On Dec 30, 2022
nathdim:
slowpoke Jesus that only exist in your imagination am sure they were screaming his name with their highest voice while life drain out of them

Mr man why you talking like this seems you a non believer
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by Heterodox(m): 5:07pm On Dec 30, 2022
lordm:
Fate is unavoidable.

Say RIP and move.

God continue to protect us? What happened to them?
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by nathdim: 5:08pm On Dec 30, 2022
Greatdand007:

Mr man why you talking like this seems you a non believer
you want me to believe fairytales

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The First Aeroplane That Landed In Bauchi In 1928 / Magnitude 4.0 Earthquake In Ghana (Photos + Video) / Driver Cheats Death As Tree Falls On Car In Calabar (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.