Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway (46148 Views)

7 Burnt To Death As Commercial Bus Catches Fire In Lagos / Pictures Of The Completed Ijebu Ode-Epe-Sagamu-Benin Expressway Interchange. / Bus Catches Fire On Lagos-Ibadan Highway, Many Burnt To Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by Greatdand007(m): 5:11pm On Dec 30, 2022
nathdim:
you want me to believe fairytales

God is reallly angry with you
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by Rita33(f): 5:23pm On Dec 30, 2022
Starz825:

You and the person you mention no well

Rip to the dead....it's shameful how we are so ignorant of this little things that can cost lives....

Drivers are meant to check their vehicles very well before embarking on a journey...

Trusting God to save you while you know your vehicle is not in good condition is not appealing especially when you can do something about it...

This is life ....we need to watch and pray

My bad
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by stormborn28(m): 5:24pm On Dec 30, 2022
sketcherJ:
Can anybody tell how engine oil overflow can cause this massive fire? Was there no water in the radiator? Surely smoke would have been coming out from the engine first, didn’t the driver try to stop the car to check? Could this fire have been helped by possibly another factor in the bus? A keg of petrol perhaps?

I own a personal car and there was a time that my engine oil compartment hit an uneven ground and was leaking, unknowingly to me, I don’t know why it affected the radiator cover of my car thereby wasting the water in my radiator. I started seeing a little cloud of smoke in the front, while driving, my partner alerted me to it, another driver on the road pointed it out to me, I drove it for about 2 minutes more looking for where to park. As I parked as if on cue, I started seeing a lot of engine oil seeping to the floor and heard the little water in the radiator bubbling as if something is on fire. There is no way this driver didn’t know or wasn’t alerted before the fire got worse.

I suspect that car had a keg of fuel in it..I don't trust Nigeria drivers..
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by Rita33(f): 5:26pm On Dec 30, 2022
What would be the fate of their kids now!!!!
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by iramure(m): 5:38pm On Dec 30, 2022
Our Lord is very merciful. He is the greatest protector.
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by karnap(m): 5:38pm On Dec 30, 2022
This kind of bus that is only the driver can open the door is deadly. sad
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by gloryman91: 5:42pm On Dec 30, 2022
Allah forgive them and grant them Al-Janah Firdawous giving us the fortitude to bear this irreparable loss.

Also grant the injured quick recovery soon.

So sad.

These are Saheedahs on the day of Resurrection In Sha Allah.

Our journalists should always get the fact before publishing news.

They were Al-Muminat Sisters females wing of The Muslim Congress, TMC.
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by timefarm(m): 5:43pm On Dec 30, 2022
Templee333:
Victims of Tinubu sacrifice
Get sense.
Even if small.

How can you turn this type of tragedy to political post?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by nathdim: 5:46pm On Dec 30, 2022
Greatdand007:

God is reallly angry with you
did he sent you a WhatsApp message or you are imagining things
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by goslowgoslow(m): 5:56pm On Dec 30, 2022
Rita33:

Probably
Idiots!
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by goslowgoslow(m): 5:57pm On Dec 30, 2022
Templee333:
Victims of Tinubu sacrifice
You will also be a victim.

1 Like

Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by godlessmind: 5:58pm On Dec 30, 2022
lordm:
Jesus, may God continue to protect us all

I'm sad!! Jesus or God couldn't do the needful embarassed
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by godlessmind: 6:00pm On Dec 30, 2022
jesus/god couldn't save his worshipers.... Tbh, I'm sad!!!
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by godlessmind: 6:01pm On Dec 30, 2022
Probably he was scared undecided

1 Like

Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by billyG(m): 6:02pm On Dec 30, 2022
The driver should have open d door for them,been women they cannot jump thru d windows.
I suspect he carries fuel in his bus.
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by Johel(m): 6:16pm On Dec 30, 2022
Rita33:

https://punchng.com/seven-burnt-to-death-in-sagamu-benin-expressway-accident

I see what happened there, it's quite sad sad...the driver was the only safe person in that accident, the passengers door was closed, so when the fire came up,the driver couldn't remember to open the passenger's door for them to escape,

instead,he opened his own door and ran off in fear, leaving those women to struggle with the door,

everybody wants to run out at the same time, too much panic , few that escaped jumped thru the windows, the ones that died were the last ones that managed to open the door but couldn't escape because they were already burnt too deeply to even make a move...May their souls rest in peace...

Some people's mothers,wives and sisters were there...God help us to control ourselves when faced with danger,cos most times, it's extreme fear which most results to shock, and pain that kills most.

1 Like

Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by Nobodysboo(m): 6:42pm On Dec 30, 2022
God have mercy
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by IGoComotYaTeeth: 6:49pm On Dec 30, 2022
OkoRemi2023:
2006 when I was going for a post utme in ado Ekiti, I left Lagos late around 4pm only for us to face heavy gridlock, leaving the gridlock as we move pass kurumaraji the bus caught fire at the back, there was student foam at the back of the bus, unfortunately I was at the last sit , people in our front try to open the door but the door was stiff, in a dark and thick forest, my people na so I jump out from the window while other passengers were trying to force the door open, lifted two ladies that sat with me, na from window everyone take come down

what we do immediately we hop out was to poured heavy sand at the back before it calm the fire down, the foam was already half burnt, after the fire calm down, the driver check something and realized it was his fault, we hop in back but my mind was never at rest till I got to ado 2am

it was terrible journey of my life, I cease to travel late since then

when a bus catch fire, what you can do is to either remove the head of chair your sitting on to break the glass and if na commercial vehicle, so far the bus is on slow motion, na to jump from window, don't wait for door to open because car door is always stiff when a car catch fire
2006!! ah you be old mama cheesy
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by Templee333(m): 7:57pm On Dec 30, 2022
post=119552674:

Try to learn how to read before commenting on Nairaland so you won't end up embarrassing your self.
It takes less than a minute to read this news..
Don't let this bad habit follow you to the New Year, we beg of you.
Happy New Year in addy!
The reason for the accident is found below,
We wonder where you got your drunk and crazy driver story from!

You kids are still displaying your political nonsense of hate and bitterness on this kind of terrible and emotional thread/news?!
Total lack of emphaty!
May God have mercy on your cold souls.

May the departed souls rest in peace with God.
so the souls are going to rest with God and yet you call it "tragedy" instead of "goodnews"?
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by Wickedfacts: 7:59pm On Dec 30, 2022
That driver didn't open the door for his passengers to escape
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by Templee333(m): 8:00pm On Dec 30, 2022
timefarm:

Get sense.
Even if small.

How can you turn this type of tragedy to political post?
how e take concern u? bros give ur comment and leave mine alone.
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by Selfmotivated: 8:13pm On Dec 30, 2022
abobote:
So terrifying

Nigeria is just a hell of country, no emergency services, no fire service at sight, but drivers will be over speeding
The kontri is so bleeped up right now.
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by ladyn4real(f): 8:18pm On Dec 30, 2022
So sad... RIP
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by Sike(m): 8:19pm On Dec 30, 2022
So saf
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by fineboynl(m): 8:25pm On Dec 30, 2022
There are two things i hate. Entering old motor and overloaded motor especially bus. The last on is siting at the back sit ir middle. I prefer the escape route
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by zedman1(m): 8:25pm On Dec 30, 2022
Braveboi1:
The drunk and crazy driver who was driving rough, why did he escaped death?

similar happened to us
one day i was coming from yaba to bariga when the bus broke down on the road, small time one broda standing near the road said driver see fire under your moto, no be fire be dis, see running i was at the back i forgot my fone and slippers when jumping seat, LIFE IS PRECIOUS
Abeg, who gave you that information that the driver was drunk and driving recklessly? Una no de tire to play the blame game about EVERYTHING for this Naija. Accidents happen everywhere.
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by Rita33(f): 8:32pm On Dec 30, 2022
Johel:

I see what happened there, it's quite sad sad...the driver was the only safe person in that accident, the passengers door was closed, so when the fire came up,the driver couldn't remember to open the passenger's door for them to escape,

instead,he opened his own door and ran off in fear, leaving those women to struggle with the door,

everybody wants to run out at the same time, too much panic , few that escaped jumped thru the windows, the ones that died were the last ones that managed to open the door but couldn't escape because they were already burnt too deeply to even make a move...May their souls rest in peace...

Some people's mothers,wives and sisters were there...God help us to control ourselves when faced with danger,cos most times, it's extreme fear which most results to shock, and pain that kills most.

Amen

1 Like

Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by delpee(f): 9:06pm On Dec 30, 2022
dominique:
I read about it on a WhatsApp contact's status, a heavily pregnant woman was amongst the casualties. They were going for a Muslim program not church revival as stated in the op. May Allah grant them Al-Jannah Firdaus and console the loved ones they left behind

Amen.

So disheartening.
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by esthel(f): 9:22pm On Dec 30, 2022
That Mazda bus, nothing will make me enter inside it
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by Mexyz(m): 10:21pm On Dec 30, 2022
This was exactly why I fought a driver and his agbero motor boy on Thursday on my way to Ibadan.
He already filled his tank at the fuel station and he wanted to fill a jerrycan with fuel and keep behind the driver(that place is usually hot) I and one other guy in the bus said no way.
We spent closed to 45mins at the fuel station arguing, dragging each other and what have you.
Las las we won.
God continue to keep us o

1 Like

Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by Ameduedwin: 10:21pm On Dec 30, 2022
Tragic
Re: Seven Women Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire Along Sagamu-Benin Expressway by zinaunreal(m): 10:22pm On Dec 30, 2022
gassbee:
are u ok, u saw graphic on the title n u stil opened it

You are living on borrowed sense from a monkey for quoting your father

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The First Aeroplane That Landed In Bauchi In 1928 / Magnitude 4.0 Earthquake In Ghana (Photos + Video) / Driver Cheats Death As Tree Falls On Car In Calabar (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.