Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,743 members, 7,813,436 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? (52726 Views)

BLACKLIVESMATTER: Is This What Awaits African-americans Fleeing To South Africa? / Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by happney65: 12:42pm On Jan 07, 2023
Water and Garri ni. Be asking stupid question there. UK get economic crisis,he come reach our own?

Nonesense!

1 Like

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by baralatie(m): 12:43pm On Jan 07, 2023
sukkot:
uk is actually the hbest place to be on the planet right now BUT you must migrate there with like 400 thousand pounds to enjoy it. anything less than that and uk becomes the worst place to be on planet earth. when you enter with the 400k pounds you look for house for areas like new cross ( try not to go to places where you are the only black person. go to where you are close to your culture and foods. new cross is beside peckham but far enough not to be in the madness ), buy a house in new cross for 300 thousand pounds cash down. then just relax and enjoy your life without worrying about slaving to find expensive rent that will eat all your salary. so now that you have house paid for just learn a digital skill and do it from home 24 7 electricity and you are not far from naija people and foods ( peckham ). this is how you enjoy london . if you go to london as a broke man you are OYO ooooo. me i done talk my own sha

Em senior bros

£400000 is like #300 000 000

Pesin get #300 Milla e con go UK to do wetin!
grin

Wey be say he go buy land,house,moto,school join for naija

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by sukkot: 12:44pm On Jan 07, 2023
bazoodo:
anyone with that money will never bother to leave Nigeria
you will be surprised. one deinde fernandez, one of the richest men in nigeria did it. lived in the uk till he died

3 Likes

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by ibkayee(f): 12:44pm On Jan 07, 2023
sukkot:
lmao ibkayee the point i am trying to make here is that if you are not coming to london on this level ? you are coming to suffer ni oooo. you get me ? just fuggedaboudid if you are not coming big because you will suffer. london is suffer land. its a trap cycle of work to pay your bills till you die. in fact i was watching this video yesterday. i would post the link. watch it. this naija girl is very frustrated and wants to japa out of the uk which she just japa into 3 years prior because she has not been able to save one kobo. she said its a running joke between her and her husband that if you have over 1000 pounds in your bank account in the uk you need to be investigated by the british police for fraud grin grin here is the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3m6OBYKHgE&lc=UgxZZFScYMfd_qpg1114AaABAg.9kVHdYP24YQ9kVoV6-NXyj
Tbh I just like pulling your legs/being contrarian with you when it comes to these japa threads. I must look for your trouble, don’t mind me grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by bazoodo: 12:46pm On Jan 07, 2023
sukkot:
you will be surprised. one deinde fernandez, one of the richest men in nigeria did it. lived in the uk till he died
no talking about average Nigerians who are the ones leaving everyday
Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by sukkot: 12:46pm On Jan 07, 2023
baralatie:

Em senior bros

£400000 is like #300 000 000

Pesin get #300 Milla e con go UK to do wetin!
grin

Wey 3 bedroom flat for vi is selling for #100m
lol Chief some senior men deY do am oooo. deinde fernandez was one of them. Guy get dangote kind money and na uk he live till he die grin

4 Likes

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by sukkot: 12:47pm On Jan 07, 2023
bazoodo:
no talking about average Nigerians who are the ones leaving everyday
and thats my point, they are going there to suffer. anything short of that level i described ? you are going there to suffer ni oooo

1 Like

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by menacity(m): 12:48pm On Jan 07, 2023
Where would you advice people to relocate to in france, Hows life in Marseille

dplordx:
I’ve been to France, loved Marseille and most of the people speak English, although not fluently.
Cool people and great food but too many Arabs. I’d rather live in France than UK. I regret not focusing on my French classes back then. i for get more options and could live in Switzerland, Belgium, Luxembourg and others.
Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by odehbrainard: 12:49pm On Jan 07, 2023
pansophist:

If they could spend just one year in a language school, they'll learn German or Dutch.

Racism still exist in Germany, and it’s very much easier to integrate into the uk society than in Germany. I am not very sure of Netherlands though.

1 Like

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by Acidosis(m): 12:49pm On Jan 07, 2023
sukkot:
just so that you wont be spending your savings na. you have to do something when you are there na just so you are not spending the rest of the money. doesnt have to be digital marketing he can learn python programming grin

The fact that he needs to learn something dey off me bro. cheesy

How did he make the £400k in the first place? grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by sukkot: 12:49pm On Jan 07, 2023
ibkayee:

Tbh I just like pulling your legs/being contrarian with you when it comes to these japa threads. I must look for your trouble, don’t mind me grin
hehe its all love hun. all love. me sef, trouble is my middle name grin grin

1 Like

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by Acidosis(m): 12:50pm On Jan 07, 2023
ibkayee:

You dey mind am
grin grin

1 Like

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by BRATISLAVA: 12:50pm On Jan 07, 2023
pansophist:

This is why lots of Nigerian immigrants go through hell to be in over-saturated places like the UK and the US. The world is huge, you cant limit yourself to anglophone countries because you don't want to learn a new language.

And if you actually want to live a rich life, learning a new language is one of them. Language is the vehicle in which cultures relate to the outside world, you miss out big time if you speak just one, or even a few.

How many languages do you speak at a professional level?
Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by Wickedfact: 12:51pm On Jan 07, 2023
Bossjakande:
ask ur ass I will be in UK with my family soon and live ur jagajaga naija u see a country of enjoyment yet u ask a silly question

UK is a country of enjoyment!l grin
You are a class act.
Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by CowbellY: 12:51pm On Jan 07, 2023
pansophist:

If they could spend just one year in a language school, they'll learn German or Dutch.

Lmaoo
Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by Wickedfact: 12:53pm On Jan 07, 2023
sukkot:
lol Chief some senior men deY do am oooo. deinde fernandez was one of them. Guy get dangote kind money and na uk he live till he die grin

Ekweramadu too.
At a point, he was dating an 18-year old student and bought her a flat.
Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by Sawdicnen92e: 12:53pm On Jan 07, 2023
:-

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by sukkot: 12:54pm On Jan 07, 2023
Acidosis:

The fact that he needs to learn something dey off me bro. cheesy

How did he make the £400k in the first place? grin
grin grin grin grin grin yeah its funny i know

how did he earn the 400 thousand pounds in first place ? well not everyone out here is working for money bros
1 inheritance
2 stock market
3 created an app and microsoft buy am
4 some one off fortunate business deals
five = business contracts from government connects
six = he win big brother lmao
etc etc etc etc etc. many lucky ways to make that money in a one off situation

2 Likes

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by bigtt76(f): 12:54pm On Jan 07, 2023
Because the effort it will take to release Nigeria from the shackles of selfish politicians is greater than the effort to live a peaceful life in the UK cheesy

Elvictor:

Wait, are you a Nigeria?

If yes, do you think England was always like that?

Why can't you make your country better than England, huh?

1 Like

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by Sleekfingers: 12:56pm On Jan 07, 2023
Cashsteady:
UK is currently facing serious economic crisis and some other few crises too but why do Nigerians keep flocking UK .. There are other by far better countries in Europe that offers everything way better than UK..

You will be surprised to see the population of Nigerians in London..you will think you are in Lagos ..Nigerians just scatter for London..

Try Germany, Netherlands. Denmark, Norway Even France ..this countries ain’t bad either

Idiotic question......
Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by Goodman247: 12:56pm On Jan 07, 2023
Uk this, UK that wetin make una rest,, 90% of Nigerians are mischievous and criminal minded

1 Like

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by Broveens42(m): 12:56pm On Jan 07, 2023
It baffles me that a grown man with a nice house and large hectares of land in his village, would want to opt for an adventure to pay bills for life in another man's country.
I find it difficult to understand ...I find it very very difficult... Someone should tell me I'm not losing my sanity

2 Likes

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by Edusouls(m): 12:57pm On Jan 07, 2023
Africans are born with the slave nature In them, so don’t blame them, they always serve and lick the ass of their the white man their slave masters till the end of time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by Edusouls(m): 12:58pm On Jan 07, 2023
Broveens42:
It baffles me that a grown man with a nice house and large hectares of land in his village, would want to opt for an adventure to pay bills for life in another man's country.
I find it difficult to understand ...I find it very very difficult... Someone should tell me .. I'm not losing my sanity
slave mentality was inborn in Africans, na today u know
Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by sukkot: 12:58pm On Jan 07, 2023
Wickedfact:

Ekweramadu too.
At a point, he was dating an 18-year old student and bought her a flat.
right there you go. some senior men done japa too lol. atiku done japa to dubai grin

2 Likes

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by zoedew: 1:01pm On Jan 07, 2023
ednut1:
Ease of getting the student visa is why many japa there. To get dates or visa approval for many of these European countries no easy. Uk has also take thousands of Nigerian nurses, doctors, IT guys and auditors more than all the countries you mentioned combined. Plus no language barrier
Considering the population of Nigerians who live in U.K. the typical Nigerian feels more at home there than anywhere else outside the shores of Nigeria.
Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by gimakon2(m): 1:02pm On Jan 07, 2023
Pounds day deceive them. I spoke with one and he said "That pounds you no day see am.. highest money in the world"
I laughed loud at his stupidity.

Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman have higher currencies, them no day see road, yet them money high. How about relocating to where the value is worth it?

1 Like

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by Desusi: 1:02pm On Jan 07, 2023
Cashsteady:
UK is currently facing serious economic crisis and some other few crises too but why do Nigerians keep flocking UK .. There are other by far better countries in Europe that offers everything way better than UK..

You will be surprised to see the population of Nigerians in London..you will think you are in Lagos ..Nigerians just scatter for London..

Try Germany, Netherlands. Denmark, Norway Even France ..this countries ain’t bad either
You're making an interesting analogy. The reason most of them love UK is becos of compatibility in language. Most people in UK would love to go for shopping in Germany. Things are cheaper in Germany and Netherlands than UK. There's racism by style in UK and holland, but in Germany, Belgium and France, they don't hide it.when they get to London, they will no that khaki nor be leather.
Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by olorundipe9090: 1:03pm On Jan 07, 2023
Can you help me to even Denmark pls ? 08087552204 thanks

Cashsteady:

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by Bossjakande: 1:05pm On Jan 07, 2023
Wickedfact:

UK is a country of enjoyment!l grin
You are a class act.
dey got good house security good road, light school hospital and snow.
Thier politician Neva thief like our own.
Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by Bluntemperor: 1:06pm On Jan 07, 2023
Cashsteady:
UK is currently facing serious economic crisis and some other few crises too but why do Nigerians keep flocking UK .. There are other by far better countries in Europe that offers everything way better than UK.

A good and straight forward analysis from O P!
But you failed to tell them that the Current Inflationin Britain is more of 1934 - years ago and is making the Pound Sterling a no Currency,at least for the time being and many Nigerians are just hanging out there because Nigeria -the African Sleeping giant,is yet to get her bearing right.
Some Nigerians kids since they were born thete have not seen:
- light Off by NEPA( now Discos) everyday!
- Taps with no running- Water!
- heavy Traffic of 3-6 hours because there is bad Road palava at 21-st Century!
-Unemployment of between 25- 30% of her Youths!
Are the above not Scary enough to hang in London!
Shame to Nigerian Leaders,who care less on these Economic Parameters!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Which Country Can One Relocate To With ₦3 Million? / Drone Crashes Into Spewing Volcano In Iceland (Photo, Video) / Helicopter Flying Couple To The Airport For Honeymoon Crashes In Texas (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.