Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,966 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) (68823 Views)

How To Differentiate A Fake Transfer From An Original One / Lady Raises Alarm After Withdrawing Fake N1000 Note From Access Bank (pics / See The Fake N1000 Note I Got From An ATM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by ThoughtOfYou: 5:20pm On Dec 29, 2022
These guys only end up bringing more problems to the country.
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by herkeem: 5:21pm On Dec 29, 2022
It's fake...... That's why you have to watch this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz7us-DQwdo
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by IamNotWariz: 5:21pm On Dec 29, 2022
wow just nigeria
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by IGoComotYaTeeth: 5:22pm On Dec 29, 2022
Vyolet:
I don’t understand the controversy around this new naira note.
I have 1500 naira since the day it got to banks, I have not been able to spend it, people around me have been rejecting it.
Wahalurr.
eya come and dash me
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by exynos(m): 5:22pm On Dec 29, 2022
I spit on BullHari's and Emefiele's incompetent bald heads!

2 Likes

Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by kpukpuyenke: 5:22pm On Dec 29, 2022
asanausana91:
and Mr lamba want to be president of fake nigeria.

And to continue ruling with fake promises
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by DMerciful(m): 5:23pm On Dec 29, 2022
The new notes have come to stay. APC propaganda will not work
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by Sammy5413(m): 5:24pm On Dec 29, 2022
Dear even banks dey confused

1 Like

Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by Africum: 5:24pm On Dec 29, 2022
herkeem:
It's fake...... That's why you have to watch this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz7us-DQwdo

Thanks. This was helpful.
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by alizma: 5:25pm On Dec 29, 2022
telad:
This new note is getting more confusing.

I got this new 1000 naira notes like 30 pieces this morning in between many old notes.

I sorted it out and just run all through mercury light because I was in a rush to check it individually. Everything was fine.

But I was shocked when i got to the bank, I was told the golden security detail is missing on 1 of the 1000 naira notes, even though all other details were present.

It was also validated under their mercury light at the bank and it was valid.

Long story short, it was tagged fake and perforated. Could this be an error from CBN or Fake money has bypassed the mercury light check?
You didn't get the news about the fake one on time. The fake is out there and I think someone earlier took his time to pick point the difference

1 Like

Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by Psady(m): 5:25pm On Dec 29, 2022
Ransomware:
Why did you punch holes in the note. If this was a misprinted dollar bill, it will worth almost 100x the legal tender value
The bank must have done the perforation, since they declared it fake. Always check for the golden badge, seems its difficult to imitate.
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by jaxxy(m): 5:26pm On Dec 29, 2022
telad:

I got this new 1000 naira notes like 30 pieces this morning in between many old notes.

I sorted it out and just run all through mercury light because I was in a rush to check it individually. Everything was fine.

But I was shocked when i got to the bank, I was told the golden security detail is missing on 1 of the 1000 naira notes, even though all other details were present.

It was also validated under their mercury light at the bank and it was valid.

Long story short, it was tagged fake and perforated. Could this be an error from CBN or Fake money has bypassed the mercury light check?

every detail must be present or it is fake. Counterfeit makers are getting better bt they can't get everything so ensure all details are there.
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by Originalsly: 5:26pm On Dec 29, 2022
If the note is official .... just an error with the seal not printed ... keep it..... it will value a whole lot more than its face value ... it will be a collector's item.

1 Like

Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by Yankee101: 5:29pm On Dec 29, 2022
dominique:
I doubt if fake money can pass that florescent light test and this one did. The missing gold stamp could be an error from CBN. I hope they suspend the deadline to wheb the old notes gets phased out, seems there are a lot of issues with these new notes and people are outrightly rejecting them

Or an old note sealed I'm blue
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by AngelicBeing: 5:29pm On Dec 29, 2022
pyyxxaro:
What our DARLING DADDY and EMIEFELE cannot do does not exist cool

Sai Baba
Muchecheche, Chai, the vulture griller and Buhari will arrest you, una go kill person with laugh for nairaland.com grin

1 Like

Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by careytommy37(m): 5:42pm On Dec 29, 2022
Clearly fake.
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by Konjiboii: 5:42pm On Dec 29, 2022
NWO initiated

God help us.
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by galaxy2020(m): 5:43pm On Dec 29, 2022
Na fake, no brown round foil at the front
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by Connected1: 5:48pm On Dec 29, 2022
Ransomware:
Why did you punch holes in the note. If this was a misprinted dollar bill, it will worth almost 100x the legal tender value
The Bank perforated it.
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by akanbiaa(m): 5:49pm On Dec 29, 2022
It is fake money because the golden security feature cannot be peeled or scratched, next time don't collect money that does not have it even if all the other features seems to be genuine.
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by phemmyfour: 5:52pm On Dec 29, 2022
folake4u:
One Aboki been give me this new N200 naira note,I reject am. The currency just get as e be for my eye. undecided
Continue to reject it, you LL soon beg to exchange your old N200 note for it
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by rezzy: 5:54pm On Dec 29, 2022
telad:

But I was shocked when i got to the bank, I or Fake money has bypassed the mercury light check?

So who bears the loss?
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by Kajaard: 5:55pm On Dec 29, 2022
Mikelarteta:
I saw one like that , na face cap these 2 guys wear for that N1000 note. Na wah o

Haba shocked shocked shocked Face cap?

Abeg no kill me with laugh joor cheesy
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by BettingScam: 6:11pm On Dec 29, 2022
Originalsly:
If the note is official .... just an error with the seal not printed ... keep it..... it will value a whole lot more than its face value ... it will be a collector's item.
how please?
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by FireUpNow(m): 6:22pm On Dec 29, 2022
Mikelarteta:
I saw one like that , na face cap these 2 guys wear for that N1000 note. Na wah o
This got me laughing boy! It must be the one from street boys
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by Poshest4: 6:23pm On Dec 29, 2022
Whe cbn governor na Igbo man what do you expect
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by gazza07(m): 6:30pm On Dec 29, 2022
See what? Where? Dont be unfortunate
zinaunreal:
Na fake now. You no dey see am ni
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by imagrg(m): 6:34pm On Dec 29, 2022
Some individuals have become CBN itself.
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by naijapikin2(m): 6:37pm On Dec 29, 2022
Nigeria is just a nation of fake fakers. American currency is all one color, and the highest denomination is 100 dollar bill.

We are just faking ourselves out of relevance. What nonsense! angry angry

We need to get OBI-dient cool

Datti-zit cool

1 Like

Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by yahoodetector: 7:21pm On Dec 29, 2022
That old man has resorted to counterfeiting N1000 notes so he can use them to rig. This is probably one of the notes that got out
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by etrange: 7:23pm On Dec 29, 2022
Pclemenza:
Too many controversies surrounding this new naira notes.

I feel the Naira note redesign wasn't thought through for a while, the whole process was a rush.

Change always comes with controversies.

1 Like

Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by deepwater(f): 7:25pm On Dec 29, 2022
Pclemenza:
Too many controversies surrounding this new naira notes.

I feel the Naira note redesign wasn't thought through for a while, the whole process was a rush.

No way son
You don't need any further think thank to print money in an established country like Nigeria.

There is a SOP for money minting already so the issue of rush is completely irrelevant here.

Also tell the OP that money minting is one of those manufacturing processes with 100% accuracy and 0% tolerance for error.

What you see here is a complete fake!
What people don't know is that the counterfeit makers didn't bother about the fake note passing the Mercury test in the early days as the Mercury light was limited to the banks only, and their targeted victims were the poor market people.

However, in this current times, the Mercury light is being found almost anywhere so the normal thing to do is to make the fake note pass the Mercury test.

But u see the gold foil thing? That is not difficult to affix on the fake but the cost of production would surely make no sense. Hence it was skipped.

All just common sense
With a lil deep thoughts though

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Richest Person In Nigeria / Lady Found Old Naira Notes In Her Dead Grandmum's Room (Photo) / Dangote Buys 800 Trucks From Anammco Assembly Plant In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.