Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) (68824 Views)

How To Differentiate A Fake Transfer From An Original One / Lady Raises Alarm After Withdrawing Fake N1000 Note From Access Bank (pics / See The Fake N1000 Note I Got From An ATM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by favour32(m): 7:28pm On Dec 29, 2022
Na Buhari nai rush tell Emefele make he run am.
Na both agree to run the show.
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by SweetDipBenny(m): 7:48pm On Dec 29, 2022
Perforated note undecided
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by sircatherine45(m): 7:53pm On Dec 29, 2022
deepwater:

No way son
You don't need any further think thank to print money in an established country like Nigeria.

There is a SOP for money minting already so the issue of rush is completely irrelevant here.

Also tell the OP that money minting is one of those manufacturing processes with 100% accuracy and 0% tolerance for error.

What you see here is a complete fake!
What people don't know is that the counterfeit makers didn't bother about the fake note passing the Mercury test in the early days as the Mercury light was limited to the banks only, and their targeted victims were the poor market people.

However, in this current times, the Mercury light is being found almost anywhere so the normal thing to do is to make the fake note pass the Mercury test.

But u see the gold foil thing? That is not difficult to affix on the fake but the cost of production would surely make no sense. Hence it was skipped.

All just common sense
With a lil deep thoughts though

gold foil from cigarettes might be a good idea.
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by oluwasegun007(m): 7:53pm On Dec 29, 2022
dominique:
I doubt if fake money can pass that florescent light test and this one did. The missing gold stamp could be an error from CBN. I hope they suspend the deadline to wheb the old notes gets phased out, seems there are a lot of issues with these new notes and people are outrightly rejecting them

The gold stamp on the bottom right is absent
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by Meti99(m): 8:00pm On Dec 29, 2022
First time we are having issues surrounding the quality and authenticity of naira notes in Nigeria..
Even little children are questioning the quality of the notes...

Well,
We are counting down..
February is here
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by zinaunreal(m): 8:01pm On Dec 29, 2022
gazza07:
See what? Where? Dont be unfortunate

That is fake money don't be unfortunate
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by mechanics(m): 8:03pm On Dec 29, 2022
It should be fake.
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by pheranme9(m): 8:15pm On Dec 29, 2022
Lol
Mikelarteta:
I saw one like that , na face cap these 2 guys wear for that N1000 note. Na wah o
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by Dougyclan: 8:24pm On Dec 29, 2022
telad:
This new note is getting more confusing.

I got this new 1000 naira notes like 30 pieces this morning in between many old notes.

I sorted it out and just run all through mercury light because I was in a rush to check it individually. Everything was fine.

But I was shocked when i got to the bank, I was told the golden security detail is missing on 1 of the 1000 naira notes, even though all other details were present.

It was also validated under their mercury light at the bank and it was valid.

Long story short, it was tagged fake and perforated. Could this be an error from CBN or Fake money has bypassed the mercury light check?
Now you fit just add some more colours to it if you not ok with the painting....
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by Oizee(f): 8:26pm On Dec 29, 2022
Mikelarteta:
I saw one like that , na face cap these 2 guys wear for that N1000 note. Na wah o
lol, please i can't laugh.
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by MrBroke(m): 8:32pm On Dec 29, 2022
Only ignorant citizens of a country won't be able to identify their currency if it's fake or not. The new naira notes and the former are all the same except for the color so I wonder y you guys are saying it will be very easy to counterfeit, even in my sleep I can identify fake from original, its vividly clear. That note is clearly fake and b4 you guys start passing blames to CBN governor and politicians as usual you should know that it is our fellow Nigerians who go about producing fake notes of which has been even with the old note so stop complaining unnecessary about the new notes, we Nigerians are the problem of Nigerian but we like blaming politicians like they are the cause of our personal problems.
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by windvane(m): 8:55pm On Dec 29, 2022
dominique:
I doubt if fake money can pass that florescent light test and this one did. The missing gold stamp could be an error from CBN. I hope they suspend the deadline to when the old notes gets phased out, seems there are a lot of issues with these new notes and people are outrightly rejecting them
big lie,have you heard about grade one,it's been around since the 90s,especially around Lagos airport hotel.....if the tell u it will last 3 months,put it under every security,ego pass am....
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by telad(m): 9:26pm On Dec 29, 2022
ibkayee:
Production error? Who knows.

Did they replace the 1k?

No, they did not. It was declared as fake now
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by telad(m): 9:28pm On Dec 29, 2022
Rexymania:
So in other words, you lost 1k?

Yes, I did oh
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by telad(m): 9:31pm On Dec 29, 2022
tunwumi:
Can you confirm if the security thread is continues

Yes, straight line with CBN crested on it.
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by FirstCounsel(m): 9:33pm On Dec 29, 2022
grin
Mikelarteta:
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by telad(m): 9:33pm On Dec 29, 2022
Julianaa:
That tape in the middle is not there

It is there, straight with CBN crested on it. The more reason I am confused
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by telad(m): 9:36pm On Dec 29, 2022
Ransomware:
Why did you punch holes in the note. If this was a misprinted dollar bill, it will worth almost 100x the legal tender value

I did not, the bank did before returning to me
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by OdefaGirl(f): 9:52pm On Dec 29, 2022
Mikelarteta:

You aren't serious

Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by cosmos1440: 9:58pm On Dec 29, 2022
isaaczik:
Tinubu is a heartless and wicked old grandfather

Peter Obi is a heartless and wicked old bloody pathological liar and fraudster
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by SmithRussell(m): 10:04pm On Dec 29, 2022
MrBroke:
Only ignorant citizens of a country won't be able to identify their currency if it's fake or not. The new naira notes and the former are all the same except for the color so I wonder y you guys are saying it will be very easy to counterfeit, even in my sleep I can identify fake from original, its vividly clear. That note is clearly fake and b4 you guys start passing blames to CBN governor and politicians as usual you should know that it is our fellow Nigerians who go about producing fake notes of which has been even with the old note so stop complaining unnecessary about the new notes, we Nigerians are the problem of Nigerian but we like blaming politicians like they are the cause of our personal problems.
They are not the same biko. This new one looks like a fake already. I remember when polymer was introduced, it was an upgrade, this is a downgrade, it’s not the same thing.
They could’ve changed the design at least.
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by tunwumi: 10:25pm On Dec 29, 2022
telad:

Yes, straight line with CBN crested on it.

Then it's a quality control issue. Post it on Twitter they will contact you.
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by Revolva(m): 10:28pm On Dec 29, 2022
Mikelarteta:

Face cap lol , no make me laugh fall fron chair
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by poweredcom(m): 10:38pm On Dec 29, 2022
I even saw a note with aki and paw paw on it lol
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by tnerro1(m): 11:12pm On Dec 29, 2022
The new 1000 note I see, I swear that thing dey wash dey turn to the old note. Just check, especially the 1000, after a while it will start changing color to the old note
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by Ubanz: 11:33pm On Dec 29, 2022
Have you forgotten that China is now in Nigeria?
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by Nmezor(f): 11:40pm On Dec 29, 2022
Hmmm ,this is serious
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by deepwater(f): 11:50pm On Dec 29, 2022
sircatherine45:

gold foil from cigarettes might be a good idea.

No one uses a gold foil on any cigarette packet.

That thing you see there in cigarette packet is actually an aluminium foil of Gold colour.

1 Like

Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by ultimateprof: 11:58pm On Dec 29, 2022
The new naira note is sick just like the makers. APC is wicked...

Vote Peter Obi...
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by cardoctor(m): 12:14am On Dec 30, 2022
Im already getting tired of this whole sht.
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by Oluwaramsey: 12:18am On Dec 30, 2022
He be like say na China dey print our money now
Re: Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo) by sircatherine45(m): 12:57am On Dec 30, 2022
deepwater:

No one uses a gold foil on any cigarette packet.

That thing you see there in cigarette packet is actually an aluminium foil of Gold colour.

can still be used,maybe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Richest Person In Nigeria / Lady Found Old Naira Notes In Her Dead Grandmum's Room (Photo) / Dangote Buys 800 Trucks From Anammco Assembly Plant In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.