Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Lady Breaks Up With Boyfriend After His Mum Asked Her To Wash Plates - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lady Breaks Up With Boyfriend After His Mum Asked Her To Wash Plates (1283 Views)

Lady Breaks Up With Boyfriend Because He Took His Daughter Out For Christmas / My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates / Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Breaks Up With Boyfriend After His Mum Asked Her To Wash Plates by awosejo1955: 5:17pm On Dec 29, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFMQHjc8Tp8

An Indonesian woman dumped her boyfriend in a huff after his mum asked her to clean the dinner dishes lying around in the kitchen.

On November 25, TikTok user Belladeasy said she expected the older woman to simply tell her to "leave the plates (on the table)."

She did not take too kindly to that request, especially given the fact that she'd already been helping out in the kitchen after the potential mother-in-law inquired if she knows how to cook.

According to the lady, the meet-the-parents session seemed rather labour-intensive. It is no surprise that Belladeasy took swift action regarding her relationship as she "could picture what it'd be like being [the older woman's] daughter-in-law". "Oh my god, I'm so grateful," she said.

https://www.legit.ng/people/1511746-indonesian-woman-breaks-boyfriend-asked-wash-dishes-by-mum-im-grateful/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Breaks Up With Boyfriend After His Mum Asked Her To Wash Plates by akpenlegedu: 5:18pm On Dec 29, 2022
I don't have anything to say because every adult suppose know what is right. This generation are becoming lawless and respect-less. Forgot about wanting to impress the inlaw or been wife material if her own mother ask her to wash plate will she refuse.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Breaks Up With Boyfriend After His Mum Asked Her To Wash Plates by Moh247: 5:18pm On Dec 29, 2022
Am sure the guy isn't wealthy

1 Like

Re: Lady Breaks Up With Boyfriend After His Mum Asked Her To Wash Plates by NOC1(m): 5:21pm On Dec 29, 2022
I taught it was only applicable to Nigerian mum.
Re: Lady Breaks Up With Boyfriend After His Mum Asked Her To Wash Plates by DWJOBScom(m): 5:22pm On Dec 29, 2022
So this expectation is everywhere sha - mothers expecting prospective daughter in laws to mop and soap up grin

1 Like

Re: Lady Breaks Up With Boyfriend After His Mum Asked Her To Wash Plates by sadiyamuhammad: 5:22pm On Dec 29, 2022
Your mother inlaw is your mother as well, except you don't love that man.so if your own mom ask you to do dishes,you would leave the house?haha!!!

2 Likes

Re: Lady Breaks Up With Boyfriend After His Mum Asked Her To Wash Plates by Jeon(f): 5:23pm On Dec 29, 2022
What nonsense!.

I am not ur housegirl.
I have not step into your family /and you want to turn me in to housewife.

6 Likes

Re: Lady Breaks Up With Boyfriend After His Mum Asked Her To Wash Plates by Kobojunkie: 5:30pm On Dec 29, 2022
akpenlegedu:
I don't have anything to say because every adult suppose know what is right. This generation are becoming lawless and respect-less. Forgot about wanting to impress the inlaw or been wife material if her own mother ask her to wash plate will she refuse.
Bullsheet! undecided

The boy's mother was wrong. undecided

1 Like

Re: Lady Breaks Up With Boyfriend After His Mum Asked Her To Wash Plates by Kobojunkie: 5:31pm On Dec 29, 2022
DWJOBScom:
So this expectation is everywhere sha - mothers expecting prospective daughter in laws to mop and soap up grin
Well, as you can see, it is not acceptable anywhere undecided

1 Like

Re: Lady Breaks Up With Boyfriend After His Mum Asked Her To Wash Plates by Richy4(m): 5:32pm On Dec 29, 2022
Maybe it's not Indonesian culture for females to use chores to showcase their wife material qualities...

That one that says it was a redflag got my cracking smiley

1 Like

Re: Lady Breaks Up With Boyfriend After His Mum Asked Her To Wash Plates by Kobojunkie: 5:34pm On Dec 29, 2022
sadiyamuhammad:
Your mother inlaw is your mother as well, except you don't love that man.so if your own mom ask you to do dishes,you would leave the house?haha!!!
She is not a mother in law...she is simply the mother of the boy the gal was dating. You folks in Nigeria think it your place to overstep your bounds is why you reduce your daughters to being no more than househelp for your men. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Lady Breaks Up With Boyfriend After His Mum Asked Her To Wash Plates by CodeTemplar: 5:38pm On Dec 29, 2022
May be the next request would have been to sleep with her dog. The mother in-law should have stuck to the purpose of the meeting and not turnnit into some marital interview.
Re: Lady Breaks Up With Boyfriend After His Mum Asked Her To Wash Plates by Rrchrd(m): 5:41pm On Dec 29, 2022
Am seeing nonsense comments here

So if i take my gf to villa now my mum can't ask her to wash plate if my younger ones isnt around
Or is it your mum that will wash plate if she comes to ur house

Even @my age am stil washing plate

I can never marry any woman who isnt humble, homely & well_trained.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Breaks Up With Boyfriend After His Mum Asked Her To Wash Plates by Richy4(m): 5:56pm On Dec 29, 2022
Rrchrd:

So if i take my gf to villa now my mum can't ask her to wash plate if my younger ones isnt around

It is not applicable to Nigerians buddy... It's a different cultural settings.. They probably sees it as labour intensive as she puts it smiley

1 Like

Re: Lady Breaks Up With Boyfriend After His Mum Asked Her To Wash Plates by Rrchrd(m): 6:01pm On Dec 29, 2022
Richy4:

It is not applicable to Nigerians buddy... It's a different cultural settings.. They probably sees it as labour intensive as she puts it smiley
I gat you bro

1 Like

Re: Lady Breaks Up With Boyfriend After His Mum Asked Her To Wash Plates by yomi007k(m): 6:09pm On Dec 29, 2022
Richy4:

Oga.

Even if it is on the moon, after person use their money cook for you is it too much to do the dishes?

And this is a house that you plan to become family with.

So in her own parent's house, it is her mother that will do dishes when she is around? Abi oyinbo no dey use plates and dishes

I believe the guy's family don't have money. If they did, she would have behaved appropriately.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Breaks Up With Boyfriend After His Mum Asked Her To Wash Plates by Richy4(m): 6:43pm On Dec 29, 2022
yomi007k:

Oga.

Even if it is on the moon, after person use their money cook for you is it too much to do the dishes?

And this is a house that you plan to become family with.

So in her own parent's house, it is her mother that will do dishes when she is around? Abi oyinbo no dey use plates and dishes

I believe the guy's family don't have money. If they did, she would have behaved appropriately.

It could be that they use dishwashers at home.. Many families uses that .. that could be the reason why she sees it as labour intensive..

I don't think it got stuffs to do with family being rich or poor... If it was Nigeria, I would have believed you..

Culture and up bringing played a major role in this...if you read on people that commented on her page that came from the same background as her, u might put two and two together..

Some Oyibo house hold believed that if someone happens to cook, others should do the dishes when the time comes... It's not like ours..

I find it odd though that people can end relationship because of ordinary dishes.. it's not as if it was a funeral or wedding function where they abandoned her alone to do the dishes...
Re: Lady Breaks Up With Boyfriend After His Mum Asked Her To Wash Plates by Bossjakande: 7:17pm On Dec 29, 2022
Shes not redi to get married
Re: Lady Breaks Up With Boyfriend After His Mum Asked Her To Wash Plates by Mercury12(m): 7:30pm On Dec 29, 2022
All these modern women forming woke. undecided
They forget they will someday become a mother in-law to the wife of their son
Re: Lady Breaks Up With Boyfriend After His Mum Asked Her To Wash Plates by yomi007k(m): 7:32pm On Dec 29, 2022
Richy4:

It could be that they use dishwashers at home.. Many families uses that .. that could be the reason why she sees it as labour intensive..

I don't think it got stuffs to do with family being rich or poor... If it was Nigeria, I would have believed you..

Culture and up bringing played a major role in this...if you read on people that commented on her page that came from the same background as her, u might put two and two together..

Some Oyibo house hold believed that if someone happens to cook, others should do the dishes when the time comes... It's not like ours..

I find it odd though that people can end relationship because of ordinary dishes.. it's not as if it was a funeral or wedding function where they abandoned her alone to do the dishes...
Na small pikin dey worry her.
Re: Lady Breaks Up With Boyfriend After His Mum Asked Her To Wash Plates by Kobojunkie: 7:47pm On Dec 29, 2022
Rrchrd:

Your mother has no right whatsoever to command another person's daughter, who you are not married to, to do anything. She has you, her own child there to ask. What you lot do down there in Nigeria is enabled by the damaged culture that assumes females servants else and women that has self-esteem go run away from such foolishness. lipsrsealed

My mother would never think to ask my guest to do the dishes so why should the mother ask her, a guest —since she is not a member of the family —to do so? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Lady Breaks Up With Boyfriend After His Mum Asked Her To Wash Plates by Kobojunkie: 7:50pm On Dec 29, 2022
Mercury12:
All these modern women forming woke. undecided
They forget they will someday become a mother in-law to the wife of their son
She is not a mother-in-law yet. She has no right to command another person's child. WIth the audacity wey she get to tell another person's child to do chores, ignoring her own child, imagine then what awaits the girl if and when she joins that family. The girl did right to escape such foolishness. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Lady Breaks Up With Boyfriend After His Mum Asked Her To Wash Plates by nicerod(m): 8:19pm On Dec 29, 2022
grin grin

Women are the same everywhere

Re: Lady Breaks Up With Boyfriend After His Mum Asked Her To Wash Plates by Rrchrd(m): 10:03am On Dec 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Your mother has no right whatsoever to command another person's daughter, who you are not married to, to do anything. She has you, her own child there to ask. What you lot do down there in Nigeria is enabled by the damaged culture that assumes females servants else and women that has self-esteem go run away from such foolishness. lipsrsealed

My mother would never think to ask my guest to do the dishes so why should the mother ask her, a guest —since she is not a member of the family —to do so?
undecided

If it happened to be only 3 of us (my mum, my babe & I) in the house who will do the washing ?
Re: Lady Breaks Up With Boyfriend After His Mum Asked Her To Wash Plates by Kobojunkie: 3:50pm On Dec 30, 2022
Rrchrd:
If it happened to be only 3 of us (my mum, my babe & I) in the house who will do the washing ?
Are you a leper or a retard that you own mother would need to resort to asking another woman's child who is not a member of your family to do anything in your house? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Lady Breaks Up With Boyfriend After His Mum Asked Her To Wash Plates by Bethanybethel(f): 4:39pm On Dec 30, 2022
She would have washed the dishes then invite her boyfriend to her house for her mother to return the gesture by telling him to do the dishes. We are all human treat people with fairness be it male or female.

1 Like

Re: Lady Breaks Up With Boyfriend After His Mum Asked Her To Wash Plates by Kobojunkie: 5:00pm On Dec 30, 2022
Bossjakande:
Shes not redi to get married
She is not ready for marriage because she refuses to bow to foolishness as far as manners are concerned? If you were to go eat at your girlfriend's house and the mother asked you to go do the dishes, would you consider that also about getting married then? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Lady Breaks Up With Boyfriend After His Mum Asked Her To Wash Plates by sisisioge: 5:47pm On Dec 30, 2022
grin grin grin grin

This is funny sha....pikin oni pikin, she ran for her life as she no wan do slave. Na naija you fit directly ask people to do stuff like that fa, in the west you wait for your guests to offer. Them fit dey oyinbo land grin.
Re: Lady Breaks Up With Boyfriend After His Mum Asked Her To Wash Plates by Kobojunkie: 7:03pm On Dec 30, 2022
sadiyamuhammad:
Go your girlfriend's house then go make her mother dey tell you to wash plate, sweep/mop floor then. Nonsense! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Lady Breaks Up With Boyfriend After His Mum Asked Her To Wash Plates by TheNiceGuy(m): 12:22pm On Dec 31, 2022
Agreed.

But courtesy is demanded of her as a girlfriend and to someone who's as old as her mother.

Kobojunkie:
Bullsheet! undecided

The boy's mother was wrong. undecided
Re: Lady Breaks Up With Boyfriend After His Mum Asked Her To Wash Plates by Rrchrd(m): 12:50pm On Dec 31, 2022
[quote author=Kobojunkie post=119552637] Are you a leper or a retard that you own mother would need to resort to asking another woman's child who is not a member of your family to do anything in your house? undecided[/quote
Oga what did you mean by not a member of a family
So a woman am in a relationship with is she not about to fully become a member of my families?
Re: Lady Breaks Up With Boyfriend After His Mum Asked Her To Wash Plates by Kobojunkie: 3:08pm On Dec 31, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
Agreed.

But what does courtesy demand from her as a girlfriend and to someone who's older as her mother
Who is Courtesy to demand anything from her? The mother of the boy is in the wrong for daring to command another man's child in her own child's home? undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should Your Parents Disapproval Of You Relationship Be Because Of 'class'? / How Do I Expose Him/ / 400 Level Student Landlord's Daughter Abducted by Tenant Rescued With A Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.