Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Only A Neophyte In Politics Would Expect Wike/g-5 Govs To Do Otherwise - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only A Neophyte In Politics Would Expect Wike/g-5 Govs To Do Otherwise (2211 Views)

'I Never Held Meetings With PDP’s G-5 Govs In London' - Tinubu Declares / G-5 Govs: ‘i’m Elephant, I Can’t Be Taken By Surprise,’ Says Atiku / Widening Crack: PDP Appeals To Jonathan To Wade In As G-5 Govs Shun Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only A Neophyte In Politics Would Expect Wike/g-5 Govs To Do Otherwise by OsunOriginal: 9:42pm On Dec 29, 2022
The news of Wike-led G-5 govs' offer of partnership with Tinubu's team shouldn't come as a surprise to any experienced political watcher. I knew long before now that Wike has only one option and that option is to support Tinubu. Wike has gone too far into his battle with Atiku that gambling may be disastrous for his future. And gambling in this case is supporting an Obi who is struggling to get the support of his own people (the leaders in SE), let alone getting the support of the people that matter in this election (the core north).

G-5 govs' decision, therefore, is not a surprise to me, and I don't expect anybody to be surprised either. Wike is a politician and the only thing that can help his political career at the moment is to support Tinubu and ensure he defeats Atiku. He will be a fool to do otherwise.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Only A Neophyte In Politics Would Expect Wike/g-5 Govs To Do Otherwise by PrinceOfLagos: 9:43pm On Dec 29, 2022
Maybe you don't have data to see these

7 Likes

Re: Only A Neophyte In Politics Would Expect Wike/g-5 Govs To Do Otherwise by ElSudani: 9:49pm On Dec 29, 2022
Politics is about interests. It is not war, it is not vendetta. It is all about mutual interests.

2 Likes

Re: Only A Neophyte In Politics Would Expect Wike/g-5 Govs To Do Otherwise by yarimo(m): 9:51pm On Dec 29, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
the 3 governors are. abia , benue and Enugu state governor and they are liability to APC

2 Likes

Re: Only A Neophyte In Politics Would Expect Wike/g-5 Govs To Do Otherwise by PrinceOfLagos: 9:55pm On Dec 29, 2022
yarimo:
the 3 governors are. abia , benue and Enugu state governor and they are liability to APC
They are liabilities yet Tinubu ran to them in London on his kneels begging for endorsement

I laugh

Tinubu is finished politically

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Only A Neophyte In Politics Would Expect Wike/g-5 Govs To Do Otherwise by yarimo(m): 9:57pm On Dec 29, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

They are liabilities yet Tinubu ran to them in London on his kneels begging for endorsement

I laugh

Please provide pictures of TINUBU kneeling begging as you claim here or keep your mouth shut

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Only A Neophyte In Politics Would Expect Wike/g-5 Govs To Do Otherwise by OsunOriginal: 9:58pm On Dec 29, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

They are liabilities yet Tinubu ran to them in London for endorsement

I laugh

Tinubu doesn't need any of them to win this election as long as they don't support Atiku. They need Tinubu more now than Tinubu needs them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only A Neophyte In Politics Would Expect Wike/g-5 Govs To Do Otherwise by NothingDoMe: 9:58pm On Dec 29, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

I laugh

U nor see Bashir dey beg G5 for Nairaland Frontpage? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Only A Neophyte In Politics Would Expect Wike/g-5 Govs To Do Otherwise by NothingDoMe: 9:59pm On Dec 29, 2022
OsunOriginal:

Tinubu doesn't need any of them to win this election as long as they don't support Atiku.
Then why the begging? E dey front page oh

3 Likes

Re: Only A Neophyte In Politics Would Expect Wike/g-5 Govs To Do Otherwise by OsunOriginal: 10:00pm On Dec 29, 2022
NothingDoMe:
Then why the begging? E dey front page oh

Because it will make it even easier for him to win... We can even begin to celebrate before the election.

1 Like

Re: Only A Neophyte In Politics Would Expect Wike/g-5 Govs To Do Otherwise by PrinceOfLagos: 10:02pm On Dec 29, 2022
OsunOriginal:

Because it will make it even easier for him to win... We can even begin to celebrate before the election.
Stop this shamelessness

Stop insulting people that didn't endorse Tinubu because of his old age , misfit and past record of thiefery .

2 Likes

Re: Only A Neophyte In Politics Would Expect Wike/g-5 Govs To Do Otherwise by JoeNL22(m): 10:03pm On Dec 29, 2022
OsunOriginal:
The news of Wike-led G-5 govs' offer of partnership with Tinubu's team shouldn't come as a surprise to any experienced political watcher. I knew long before now that Wike has only one option and that option is to support Tinubu. Wike has gone too far into his battle with Atiku that gambling may be disastrous for his future. And gambling in this case is supporting an Obi who is struggling to get the support of his own people (the leaders in SE), let alone getting the support of the people that matter in this election (the core north).

G-5 gov's decision, therefore, is not a surprise to me, and I don't expect anybody to be surprised either. Wike is a politician and the only thing that can help his political career at the moment is to support Tinubu and ensure he defeats Atiku. He will be a fool to do otherwise.
The core north doesn't matter.
They are as important as every other political zone in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Only A Neophyte In Politics Would Expect Wike/g-5 Govs To Do Otherwise by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:04pm On Dec 29, 2022
I said it before in this forum that Wike is working for Tinubu

With the success of this prediction and many others before now coming true, I think I have earned my right as an elder grin grin when it comes to politics in this political forum!!!

Certificate given: the best political analyst of all time goes to wiseandtrue wink

1 Like

Re: Only A Neophyte In Politics Would Expect Wike/g-5 Govs To Do Otherwise by PrinceOfLagos: 10:04pm On Dec 29, 2022
yarimo:
Please provide pictures of TINUBU kneeling begging as you claim here or keep your mouth shut
Did you not see thread of Bashir Ahmad,a dullard who couldn't win his primary, begging the G5 governors to endorse Bola Tinubu on front page ?

1 Like

Re: Only A Neophyte In Politics Would Expect Wike/g-5 Govs To Do Otherwise by NothingDoMe: 10:05pm On Dec 29, 2022
OsunOriginal:

Lol because? The Governors will force the people to vote an APC candidate? Best they can convince people to do is to vote LP like Ortom suggested.

Will be EXTREMELY difficult to sell. Tinubu should not expect much. Highest he'll get is logistics offer. cheesy
Re: Only A Neophyte In Politics Would Expect Wike/g-5 Govs To Do Otherwise by PrinceOfLagos: 10:05pm On Dec 29, 2022
Wiseandtrue:

With the success of this prediction and many others before now coming true, I think I have earned my right as an elder grin grin when it comes to politics in this political forum!!!

Certificate given: the best political analyst of all time goes to wiseandtrue wink
Stop disgracing yourself and read

Re: Only A Neophyte In Politics Would Expect Wike/g-5 Govs To Do Otherwise by Duru009(m): 10:06pm On Dec 29, 2022
Supporting TINUBU will be the BIGGEST political mistake WIKE will make cos he will be totally be irrelevant in APC if Tinubu wins......

His only sure belt is still ATIKU.....
Re: Only A Neophyte In Politics Would Expect Wike/g-5 Govs To Do Otherwise by NothingDoMe: 10:07pm On Dec 29, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

She's just catching fun.
Re: Only A Neophyte In Politics Would Expect Wike/g-5 Govs To Do Otherwise by Confirmedzombie: 10:08pm On Dec 29, 2022
yarimo:

Pls stop responding to him. This people comment out of sentiments

The 3 govs are liability to APC but this people won't agree.

Even with there support, obi can't win in Abia, Benue Enugu.
Re: Only A Neophyte In Politics Would Expect Wike/g-5 Govs To Do Otherwise by OsunOriginal: 10:10pm On Dec 29, 2022
JoeNL22:

The core north doesn't matter.
They are as important as every other political zone in Nigeria
You're a learner. Whoever the core north supports in this election will definitely win.

- Tinubu has the SW locked down for him
- SS will be shared by the 3 contenders
- SE will be shared by the 3 contenders - Obi may even lose SE to PDP
- NC will be shared by the 3 contenders
- NW has the largest voting population - with their block votes
- NE will be share between the APC and PDP

Whoever gets the block votes from NW wins this election.
Re: Only A Neophyte In Politics Would Expect Wike/g-5 Govs To Do Otherwise by NothingDoMe: 10:12pm On Dec 29, 2022
Duru009:
Supporting TINUBU will be the BIGGEST political mistake WIKE will make cos he will be totally be irrelevant in APC if Tinubu wins......

His only sure belt is still ATIKU.....
Nah. Atiku is not the face of PDP. He decamps to wherever favours him. Wike won't support him and ride the storm. Atiku will eventually leave and PDP stalwarts will continue their business. This depends on the performance on LP in February. LP wins there'll be mass defections to LP.

1 Like

Re: Only A Neophyte In Politics Would Expect Wike/g-5 Govs To Do Otherwise by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:14pm On Dec 29, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Are you fabricating your own or reacting to what Bashir Ahmad said

Caution your tongue boy!
Re: Only A Neophyte In Politics Would Expect Wike/g-5 Govs To Do Otherwise by NothingDoMe: 10:14pm On Dec 29, 2022
OsunOriginal:

You're a learner. Whoever the core north supports in this election will definitely win.

Core north always supported Buhari yet he lost severally. It took tired Nigerians and threats to oust PDP from power.

The "Change" mantra was well played.
Re: Only A Neophyte In Politics Would Expect Wike/g-5 Govs To Do Otherwise by JoeNL22(m): 10:18pm On Dec 29, 2022
OsunOriginal:

Go and check 2011 elections. Someone did a research. He said if Gej recorded zero votes. He still won the elections with over 17 million votes. While the 2nd runner up had 12 million votes. And guess what, he still fulfilled the Inec requirement of 25% from 24 states including the FCT. so baba. What do you have to say for yourself. If you doubt me you can check it out yourself.

1 Share

Re: Only A Neophyte In Politics Would Expect Wike/g-5 Govs To Do Otherwise by JoeNL22(m): 10:20pm On Dec 29, 2022
NothingDoMe:
Core north always supported Buhari yet he lost severally. It took tired Nigerians and threats to oust PDP from power.

The "Change" mantra was well played.
Exctaly.....if not the SW aligned with the core north. Buhari will never win the elections

1 Like

Re: Only A Neophyte In Politics Would Expect Wike/g-5 Govs To Do Otherwise by NothingDoMe: 10:22pm On Dec 29, 2022
Confirmedzombie:

Pls stop responding to him. This people comment out of sentiments

The 3 govs are liability to APC but this people won't agree.

Even with there support, obi can't win in Abia, Benue Enugu.

Actually APC is a liability to them. Supporting an APC candidate will have grave consequences. Like I said they can only declare support for LP without any backlash. Or they may stay neutral officially and provide support in the background.
Re: Only A Neophyte In Politics Would Expect Wike/g-5 Govs To Do Otherwise by Globad(f): 10:23pm On Dec 29, 2022
Wiseandtrue:

Funny you grin

1 Like

Re: Only A Neophyte In Politics Would Expect Wike/g-5 Govs To Do Otherwise by MrALIVE: 10:57pm On Dec 29, 2022
OsunOriginal:

G-5 govs' decision, therefore, is not a surprise to me, and I don't expect anybody to be surprised either. Wike is a politician and the only thing that can help his political career at the moment is to support Tinubu and ensure he defeats Atiku. He will be a fool to do otherwise.
for your information,obi is not struggling to get the support of Igbo people...stop peddling lies and deceit.
Re: Only A Neophyte In Politics Would Expect Wike/g-5 Govs To Do Otherwise by yarimo(m): 11:04pm On Dec 29, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Did you not see thread of Bashir Ahmad,a dullard who couldn't win his primary, begging the G5 governors to endorse Bola Tinubu on front page ?

so BASHIR AHMED is now TINUBU ?you end up being the dullard here . Hahahaha grin grin
Re: Only A Neophyte In Politics Would Expect Wike/g-5 Govs To Do Otherwise by drlateef: 11:28pm On Dec 29, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

It does not matter here. Those three governors cannot fight a political war on their own. They need the war chest of Wike and his umbrella for cover. Otherwise they will run into oblivion. Based on that, they are going to tow to Wike’s line without a problem. Apart from the five governors, all the other PDP bigwigs are more disposed to Tinubu because they are wise and experienced in politics and they know that the pendulum is swinging in the way of Tinubu. These, along with Sheyi makinde who is also pro-Tinubu will make those three governors a minority in decision making. Wike knows that he needs to align with a stronger political front than Atiku where Tinubu stands. Wike also knows that Obi is weaker political figure. Atiku can easily outrun Obi and it will be a political suicide to support Obi.
Re: Only A Neophyte In Politics Would Expect Wike/g-5 Govs To Do Otherwise by drlateef: 11:30pm On Dec 29, 2022
yarimo:

They have lesser stake than Makinde who wants to return as governor, others are going for senate. They have no strong political base, they need Wike to be able to stand.
Re: Only A Neophyte In Politics Would Expect Wike/g-5 Govs To Do Otherwise by Osibajo2023: 11:39pm On Dec 29, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
you must be so dull to think G5 will support Peter Obi

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Have Stopped Talking About Politics In My Neighborhood. / Developments In Rivers State Under Siminalayi Fubara's Administration / Enugu Is Yoruba Land. Proof!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.