Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,551 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Interswitch Holding 150 Million Nigerians To Ransom ? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Interswitch Holding 150 Million Nigerians To Ransom ? (1457 Views)

as webmaster you can make over 150 million naira through four corners / Royal Rumble! Paga Vs. Voguepay. Vs Gtpay. Vs Interswitch. Vs Zenith Global Pay / Interswitch /etransact And Vpay Cards For N15,000 Set Up ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interswitch Holding 150 Million Nigerians To Ransom ? by tundewoods(m): 7:09pm On Aug 26, 2007
It's funny how pride & principles can blind a company such as interswitch and allow themselves to loose or ignore
so may prospective customers that would have deployed their e-commerce solution known as webpay if only the price
was reasonably affordable,say about 15 - 30K for setup.

After all Interswitch's webpay is over 3 years old in the Nigerian market and the number of clients that deploy
their ecommerce solution is a far cry when compared the the total number of prospective clients that exists that
can potentialy implement their e-commerce solution to facilitate online payments.

Nigeria had over 150 Million folks and over 2 million ATM card holders,I am sure that the economy would have
significantly improved if Nigerian website owners could afforbably carry out e-commerce transactions due to a
much afforable setup price for Interswitch's Web pay.

I personally know how a good number of my clients that would have implemented online payments into their
businesses and this would force them to take thier websites look and functionality much more seriously.

Just imagine the number of hotels that will be able to easily do online reservations,Event promoters that would
do e-ticketing,Churches doing e-offering and donations.folks life will be a lot more easier when you can simply
have a website that displays your wares and get paid while all you need to worry about is logistics and delivery
of clients goods & services.

If you ask me it's about time Interswitch wakes up and sees the light.I've tried convincing a to a friend of mine
who's head of HR at Interswtich a number of times to agitate for the crash in price for the initial setup cost.

After all when the GSM operators started operations in Nigeria,sim cards were sold as high as 25k but now we can
get them for as low as 150 Naira.

Let the truth be said enough is enough of Interswitch's monopolistic approach to its webpay engine,its just like
holding 150 Million to randsom just because you are the only central database for card holders in Nigeria.
Re: Interswitch Holding 150 Million Nigerians To Ransom ? by my2cents(m): 12:55am On Aug 27, 2007
tundewoods,

I think it's all about competition. Is there any company out there that offers the same things that interswitch does? If not, then therein lies the problem. If there is, then why (at least this is what I get from your post) do pple flock to interswitch in droves.

Referring to your paragraph on GSM, if I recall correctly, they had a monopoly until the other companies came into town. Trust me, when other companies offer the same thing that makes interswitch so "necessary" that pple feel they can't do without it, prices will drop (of course, we are talking about Nigeria where, for the most part, we don't adhere to the natural laws of economics, but again, I could be wrong). I saw it happen in the phone industry and I can guarantee you it will happen with the online payment industry as well.

As always, my 2 cents.
Re: Interswitch Holding 150 Million Nigerians To Ransom ? by adewaleafolabi(m): 8:13am On Aug 27, 2007
Even the phone industry isn't free of monopoly especially the GSM sector, they could easily form a colluding monopoly and dish out all sorts of rubbish to end users. 3 companies operating is just way to small, more companies should come in and in the long run we'd be getting better service for our money.
About interswitch, its going to make the same mistake intercellular made, some years ago when intercellular arrived in the Nigerian market, they charged 150k just to have a phone, they never thought there would be competition, assuming their prices were reasonable, enough nigerians would hgave acquired it and there would be no reason to use GSm, at leats there are countries who don't use GSm. They could have taken a bigger share of the market, but they failed
Re: Interswitch Holding 150 Million Nigerians To Ransom ? by smartsoft(m): 1:34pm On Aug 27, 2007
humm Tunde maybe having a confrence or seminar for Online Payment system and we can invite them in both e-tranzact and interswitch and talk sense into their block heads maybe they will hear our cry and bring the shit down. i think thats the way forward oo if not i bet they woun't
Re: Interswitch Holding 150 Million Nigerians To Ransom ? by nduaj(m): 2:41pm On Aug 27, 2007
@Tunde
@my2cents

hello, I agree to the web forum, those guys shud explain why they are charging that much and as ur first post said, the economy and nigerias would be better of with e commerce integrated into the system.
For example, my office is on a skyscrapper and to buy credit for my fone, i have to use the elevator and come all the way down justt to load my phone, PHEW!!!
this was a great challenge until some one introduce me to the site were i could bu credit online, so bye bye to leavin my office anytime ii wanna get credit. I cn do it online and pay for it via ya ATM card. Pronto !! and very easy!!!
Now, as tunde rightly said, if there were so many other services online, life would really be easy, the internet is the new market place and interswitch (for now) is the gateway to the market SO WHY SHUD THE PADDLOCK IT AND DEMAND 150, 000 IN ORDER TO ENTER THE MARKET
They need to answer questions O , like soudo was made to answer questios asper the new naira policy

, any way, thats all for now.
Re: Interswitch Holding 150 Million Nigerians To Ransom ? by tundewoods(m): 4:04pm On Aug 27, 2007
@ Smartsoft

I totally agree with you that we need to have a conference or workshop on online transactions with Interswitch.

@ nduaj

You got it right that they have padlocked the e commerce market gates in Nigeria.

Lets have a confrence/workshop with interswitch and etranzact on how we can fight for a price slash.
Re: Interswitch Holding 150 Million Nigerians To Ransom ? by smartsoft(m): 6:13pm On Aug 27, 2007
tundewoods ? what is the way forward let strike a deal and send proposal to some ppl for sponsorship i know people will respond and let see what happens tunde ! can we chat abeg "smartsoftngr" thats my ID
Re: Interswitch Holding 150 Million Nigerians To Ransom ? by Seun(m): 6:35pm On Aug 27, 2007
Re: Interswitch Holding 150 Million Nigerians To Ransom ? by timmy(m): 7:58am On Aug 28, 2007
life will not end soon, i can bet it, tunde and Smartsoft are planning a conference, Jesus, Wonders would not end,

@Tundewoods, i dont see why you should complain, do you in any sane way think interswitch can handle all the demands nigerians need? comon yure to aged not to know that, running an e payment system that can cater for a rapid expansion is not beans not even in the yankees, we all heard what happend the some of their customers a while back when some smartdudes made a scam site asking ppl to send in their interswitch login details, thats enuff to even kill their bussiness, (the interswitchng.com / interswitchnig.com scam)

Thanks God dey made it, Its a lesson for you cheap web guys out there, always advice your senceless clients to buy out all possible related domains to theirs if possible sef make them redirect to the same site, just to avoid scam, its just 1,500 on nairahost and like 800 on ucv to get a domain,
Re: Interswitch Holding 150 Million Nigerians To Ransom ? by 2nice: 10:03am On Aug 28, 2007
Timmy where have you been ?
Re: Interswitch Holding 150 Million Nigerians To Ransom ? by tundewoods(m): 10:59am On Aug 28, 2007
@ Timmy

Hurray !! Dennis the Menace is back. Where on earth have you been ? I couldn't even reach you on your lines.

How on earth can Interswitch cater for all of Nigeria,It seems that you have been sniffing what your super glue.I was just using figures of speech Timmy,
Re: Interswitch Holding 150 Million Nigerians To Ransom ? by Seun(m): 12:02pm On Aug 28, 2007
Are you sure you have read the link I posted?
Re: Interswitch Holding 150 Million Nigerians To Ransom ? by tundewoods(m): 1:11pm On Aug 28, 2007
@ Seun

I've read the thread that you refered me to,as a matter of fact i even posted a reply that shows my level of skeptism about the 3rd party option that it offers relating to payment.

The fact is that the option might temporarily take care of some payment issues however it does not appear to me a very professional solution . If First Inland decides to customize it so that total sum to be paid is passed via a hidden field and have transaction details passed also.

until they customize that option,it will remain a basic money transfer solution .

(1) (Reply)

Ibs Nigeria - Review Website / Php Script For Smslive247 Needed / (detailed) Get Unlimited USA Bank Accounts (verify Paypal In No Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.