Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,000 members, 7,835,373 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

13 Things To Know About Late Football Legend Pele - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 13 Things To Know About Late Football Legend Pele (22890 Views)

A Picture Of President Putin, Okocha, Pele, Maradona And Kanu / Brazilian Legend Pele Back In Hospital Due To Colon Tumour / NFF, Nigerians Remember Late Football Legend Rashidi Yekini Who Died 6-years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 13 Things To Know About Late Football Legend Pele by NLPoliceWoman: 4:06pm On Dec 30, 2022
lumens:
shocked
What would be said of when he exits the earth?

Expert in vulture grilling?
Master Buhari ass licker?
Best hypocrite on Nairaland?
Seun Mynd44 Dominique justwise.
Rule 2.
Rule 3.
Re: 13 Things To Know About Late Football Legend Pele by awosejo1955: 4:38pm On Dec 30, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbAXGDQQ9UM

Football world mourns King Pelé
Re: 13 Things To Know About Late Football Legend Pele by ibrocool(m): 5:13pm On Dec 30, 2022
KingAzubuike:
Una just dey shout greatest of all time. Pele era where defense be like water.. era wey you go play one slow ball to post keeper go stretch him life yet him hand no go reach. Check most of his goals.. cheap goals he wouldn't even score from the 90s till date. Pele was good but if he had played in this era, it wouldn't have been easy for him and he would have just being an ordinary player.

Don't get me wrong, Pele is great. If you say he's the greatest of all time, I won't argue because it's your opinion. Even someone like delima Ronaldo or Adriano Leite Ribeiro would have done wonders in that era.

Most of you shouting Pele up and down didn't even watch him play...just hearsay and stories passed down from generations to generations. Except of course you were born or old enough to understand football between 1953 and 1977 ... Same way you'll pass down the story of zlatan ibrahimovic future kids would think he was even greatest ever.
I am very sure you don't watch documentary very well. If you do, you would have noticed the following
1. Players are not protected like this generation. It was fight of the fittest. Do refrees allow rough play which can make players spend a year injured now? I don't think so. Example is the case of Delima who spend over a year injured.
2. The turfs were not so smooth. So it was more difficult to play.
3. Players played with their total might, the love for the beautiful game, and personal glory. That is why more effort was put in the game unlike now when money is the most important thing.
4. The ball used in Pele's era was very strong.
5. Most importantly, there was no favouritism.

If Messi had played in that generation, I am pretty sure, he would have quit by the age of 30 or reduce his dribbling to avoid getting injured.
Re: 13 Things To Know About Late Football Legend Pele by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 7:19pm On Dec 30, 2022
KingAzubuike:
Una just dey shout greatest of all time. Pele era where defense be like water.. era wey you go play one slow ball to post keeper go stretch him life yet him hand no go reach. Check most of his goals.. cheap goals he wouldn't even score from the 90s till date. Pele was good but if he had played in this era, it wouldn't have been easy for him and he would have just being an ordinary player.

Don't get me wrong, Pele is great. If you say he's the greatest of all time, I won't argue because it's your opinion. Even someone like delima Ronaldo or Adriano Leite Ribeiro would have done wonders in that era.

Most of you shouting Pele up and down didn't even watch him play...just hearsay and stories passed down from generations to generations. Except of course you were born or old enough to understand football between 1953 and 1977 ... Same way you'll pass down the story of zlatan ibrahimovic future kids would think he was even greatest ever.

I share this same sentiment with you also. Football during that time is way different from the football of today.
Re: 13 Things To Know About Late Football Legend Pele by luluman: 8:54pm On Dec 30, 2022
KingAzubuike:

So you were the one that watched Pele play or you were old enough to understand football between 1953 and 1977
You can't understand his worth if you are an indomie generation.
Re: 13 Things To Know About Late Football Legend Pele by headboyprince(m): 11:49pm On Dec 30, 2022
Athemisia:

What about the rules?
Technicalities?
Quality rival teams?
Games played in a calendar year?
Number of world cup teams?
Quality of Club leagues?

No time is more difficult as now...
Trash it's too easy now..
Back then, the rules was harsher no substitution, or and back tackles were allowed.. it shock you abi shocked
Re: 13 Things To Know About Late Football Legend Pele by headboyprince(m): 11:53pm On Dec 30, 2022
Omolomo4eva:
True talk. Football then was a total ogbada
And football today is too Sisi..no harsh tackles are allowed
Re: 13 Things To Know About Late Football Legend Pele by headboyprince(m): 11:58pm On Dec 30, 2022
Athemisia:

What about the rules?
Technicalities?
Quality rival teams?
Games played in a calendar year?
Number of world cup teams?
Quality of Club leagues?

No time is more difficult as now...
story...

It's never been so easy to play football and earn millions... Even for diving grin

And the quality of football has dropped... Players are more of celebrities today than athletes... grin
Re: 13 Things To Know About Late Football Legend Pele by headboyprince(m): 12:01am On Dec 31, 2022
ultimateprof:
RIP, even though you played football when defence was porous and defenceless. If Pele have being a player now, he would have died an ordinary player. Thank God that nature smiled on him.
not true...defenders of that era were butchers...this era is too soft
Re: 13 Things To Know About Late Football Legend Pele by headboyprince(m): 12:06am On Dec 31, 2022
KingAzubuike:

Nna defence and goal keepers of that era na die. Dem go play one slow shot keeper go stretch cover post yet him hand nor go reach. Opposition go dey attack defenders go just dey look.

See this Kiddos fabricating lies...
Your father wasn't even a feotus in his era

yet you know how GK catch ball and how defenders defend down to the very last details...
Re: 13 Things To Know About Late Football Legend Pele by KingAzubuike(f): 12:13am On Dec 31, 2022
headboyprince:

See this Kiddos fabricating lies...
Your father wasn't even a feotus in his era

yet you know how GK catch ball and how defenders defend down to the very last details...
Benjamin, if you're not a bastard and unfortunate being, you wouldn't bring my late father into this conversation. I don't joke with that man.. don't be unfortunate coz i wont mind wasting millions to track you down.
Re: 13 Things To Know About Late Football Legend Pele by headboyprince(m): 12:19am On Dec 31, 2022
KingAzubuike:

If you're not a bastard and unfortunate being, you wouldn't bring my late father into this conversation. I don't joke with that man.. don't be unfortunate coz i wont mind wasting millions to track you down.
you're a big fool
Please come track me down... I'll wait for you... You're insulting a dead icon 100000x more important than your late father.. if it pain you cry more.. I don't care angry
Re: 13 Things To Know About Late Football Legend Pele by KingAzubuike(f): 11:34am On Dec 31, 2022
headboyprince:
you're a big fool
Please come track me down... I'll wait for you... You're insulting a dead icon 100000x more important than your late father.. if it pain you cry more.. I don't care angry
Unfortunately , pele and my father is more important than your father too.. Nobody knows your own father.. at least mine was a top dog. I'm just disappointed with someone who was still battling with Noun in 2018.

Benjamin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rasheedat Ajibade Helps Atletico Madrid Win Spanish Women’s Super Cup / Gernot Rohr Accepts NFF’s Contract, Conditions / Manchester City Has The Most Expensive Squad In Football History - CIES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.