Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. (15483 Views)

Re:How Did You Overcome Your Tooth Problem( Graphic Photos) / How Did You Overcome Your Tooth Problem? / Four Ways To Get Your Tooth As White As Snow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by faceLAGOS: 12:21am On Dec 31, 2022
Chee59:
I have brittle teeth. And I've removed 4.
So, the 3rd time I was to get my tooth removed. The dentist who was supposed to pull it out gave me injections to numb the site. Very painful stuff. But I don't know if they expired or something, because they didn't numb the pain well before he started.
He started like play like play.
Pull pull,
The pain was mad. I was in agony.
I was shrieking so hard and for so long that one of the women waiting her turn outside had to come and check what's going on.
It was 45 minutes of torture.
Yes, I know how long it took.
Somehow somehow the pain hit a crescendo
My hand connected with the dentist's dick
Egbamiiii grin

Beech59

If I was the Dr., I’d make sure I end up smashing that your flat, bony ass, later in future for such disrespect & effrontery.

Naughty girl sad
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by MiaBeer(m): 12:26am On Dec 31, 2022
Chee59:
So, the 3rd time I was to get my tooth removed. The dentist who was supposed to pull it out gave me injections to numb the site. Very painful stuff. But I don't know if they expired or something, because they didn't numb the pain well before he started.
Pull pull,
I was shrieking so hard and for so long that one of the women waiting her turn outside had to come and check what's going on.
Egbamiiii grin

The part about your hand connecting to the dentist’s jingle bell really got me laughing so hard. grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by Equity15(m): 1:03am On Dec 31, 2022
ceejay80s:

Real truth about teeth removal is, the first time I removed my teeth was in 2005, and o was pushed to, after removing..... In 2013 another wahala came, I almost removed my teeth again, until I searched online.... The dentist told me 10k, the first one I did was in 2005 for 5k, I later discovered that u don't really need to remove u teeth, Nigerians are dubious, Nigerian dentists are dubious, I o lying bought a very good mouth wash which killed all the bacteria in my teeth and gum and I didn't need to remove my teeth 3 times, buy a very good mouth wash and use, dentist take Una dey chop
which one can you suggest please? I just got Listerine, don't know if it's a good one
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by frankson1(m): 1:37am On Dec 31, 2022
CrownOfClay724:

You were supposed to be swallowing the blood and by morning if you did the warm water rinse, you'd have been just fine.

I couldn't see myself swallowing blood even though it was coming out of my mouth.

Besides, I don't think it would have stopped because the hole was deep and the longer I stayed, the more blood was flowing.
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by bluediamond1239: 1:58am On Dec 31, 2022
I have the medicine for it, just Three days, u can't feel it anymore,, 09060886961
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by dalass(f): 6:13am On Dec 31, 2022
Iamthoney:
I had no choice ma’am. The pain was much, the torture and suffering was unbearable and
I was far from an hospital cos I was in my village at the time for Christmas and watching others eat well and merry and I couldn’t, I had to end my misery cos I know I the pain I will feel from the removing the tooth will just be temporal so I went for it and got it pulled out

Wow....

Thank God that all went well sha grin grin grin
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by ehsan55p: 6:18am On Dec 31, 2022
No....No.......
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by eboniest(f): 7:06am On Dec 31, 2022
Can someone please recommend a good dental clinic here in Lagos mainland..I need to visit one asap
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by CrownOfClay724: 7:41am On Dec 31, 2022
frankson1:

I couldn't see myself swallowing blood even though it was coming out of my mouth.

Besides, I don't think it would have stopped because the hole was deep and the longer I stayed, the more blood was flowing.

I've done three extractions.
So, I'm talking from experience I suppose.

After the extraction you're given a gauze to bite down on the point where the tooth was removed. This helps the blood clot quickly and begin the healing process.

When you suck, spit out or chew on that side of the mouth, it tends to disengage the clot and that is where your problem came from I suppose .

But might be a completely different scenario though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by mediclife1987(m): 7:46am On Dec 31, 2022
Chee59:
Pull pull,
Egbamiiii grin

You've always wanted to be fvcked by the Dentist, just say the truth...
You like his gbola bruising your soft petal flowers wink
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by Beesluv: 8:14am On Dec 31, 2022
I was injected and asked to wait for some minutes. While waiting, I realised everything in my mouth was swelling grin
While removing, tears were dropping, the dentist asked if its painful, I said no, he then said why are now crying grin grin I couldn't explain because it wasn't painful truly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by frankson1(m): 8:36am On Dec 31, 2022
CrownOfClay724:

I've done three extractions.
So, I'm talking from experience I suppose.

After the extraction you're given a gauze to bite down on the point where the tooth was removed. This helps the blood clot quickly and begin the healing process.

When you suck, spit out or chew on that side of the mouth, it tends to disengage the clot and that is where your problem came from I suppose .

But might be a completely different scenario though.

The guaze was only fixed there and that place was stitched because the bleeding was severe. The guaze started melting off after 2 days.
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by Junnior: 10:56am On Dec 31, 2022
pocohantas:
It was seamless. When I read scary stories, I always wonder if I was just lucky. I have also not had issues after the procedure and that should be 6 years ago. The other side started paining me and I was too keen on removing it, but the dentist refused to. Instead he filled it and it has been fine too.

Maybe I have a high threshold for pain or whatever pain I felt was nothing compared to the toothache itself.
The first time I took out a tooth, it was seamless too, despite the fact that my sis and everyone had told me how painful it would be. I was quite worried, but it needed to be done. So, I went with my sis, did it, went back home, took the medications and started anticipating the pain. But I was fine. Hardly any pain. My gum healed completely in weeks and it seemed as if nothing was done, like I never had a teeth there in the first place.

A few years later, I went for another extraction. This time, I was more relaxed, because I had a good experience the first time. I went alone. But, my God! This time, it was hell. I almost died. The ineffable excruciating and lethal pain lasted for days. The pain was accompanied with fever. It seemed like the medications had no effect. Thankfully, the pain later subsided while the fever took a few more days. It's an experience that cannot be put in words.

The first extraction was done at a general hospital in Lagos. The second one was done at UNIBEN Teaching Hospital in Benin.

PS: Do you get shocks in your teeth when you are in a very noisy environment (in churches, clubs, parties, etc. where there are huge loud speakers)?
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by pocohantas(f): 10:58am On Dec 31, 2022
Junnior:

The first time I took out a tooth, it was seamless too, despite the fact that my sis and everyone had told me how painful it would be. I was quite worried, but it needed to be done. So, I went with my sis, did it, went back home, took the medications and started anticipating the pain. But I was fine. Hardly any pain. My gum healed completely in weeks and it seemed as if nothing was done, like I never had a teeth there in the first place.

A few years later, I went for another extraction. This time, I was more relaxed, because I had a good experience the first time. I went alone. But, my God! This time, it was hell. I almost died. The ineffable excruciating and lethal pain lasted for days. The pain was accompanied with fever. It seemed like the medications had no effect. Thankfully, the pain later subsided while the fever took a few more days. It's an experience that cannot be put in words.

The first extraction was done at a general hospital in Lagos. The second one was done at UNIBEN Teaching Hospital in Benin.

PS: Do you get shocks in your teeth when you are in a very noisy environment (in churches, clubs, parties, etc. where there are huge loud speakers)?

Nope! Never had any issue. Teeth dey shock person inside noisy environment? This is serious. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by Junnior: 11:01am On Dec 31, 2022
pocohantas:

Nope! Never had any issue. Teeth dey shock person inside noisy environment? This is serious. shocked shocked shocked
Serious matter o.
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by Iamthoney(m): 12:35pm On Dec 31, 2022
dalass:

Wow....

Thank God that all went well sha grin grin grin
I knew it will turn out well cos I know I have to get it right and before the actual pull out I felt the tooth in a shaky state so that helped my cause. Just like the way a manual car gear is change that was how I moved the tooth to different direction to see it cut loose from the gum before the final pulling
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 31, 2022
That your Dentist was extremely unprofessional and unethical.
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by captainking(m): 4:04pm On Dec 31, 2022
sageb:

Did you do it in PH?
please recommend a good dental clinic.
yes I did..
There are plenty good ones.. But the one I did mine that was so seamlessly and almost painless is at... Ermmm
Whyteville dental clinic.. Stadium road

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by Bethanybethel(f): 5:03pm On Dec 31, 2022
I had my gums and mouth numbed with local anaesthetic so I didn't really feel anything. It's more like pressure that you feel and it's not sore in any way at all. It is truly a strange feeling though.
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by Tookool(m): 9:09pm On Dec 31, 2022
Tenshades:

Please, how much did you do the extraction?
Sorry just seeing this. It’s a long time, the first was in 2013, prior to this day I had filled a hole in my tooth and the second was in 2017, I think it cost me 15,000 naira and an extra 1,000 naira for hospital card. Use pepsodent toothpaste, it’s cheap and it’s the best. The last dentist advised me to use it and since then I haven’t had any gym decay or tooth issues anymore
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by Tenshades(m): 9:23pm On Dec 31, 2022
Tookool:

Sorry just seeing this. It’s a long time, the first was in 2013, prior to this day I had filled a hole in my tooth and the second was in 2017, I think it cost me 15,000 naira and an extra 1,000 naira for hospital card. Use pepsodent toothpaste, it’s cheap and it’s the best. The last dentist advised me to use it and since then I haven’t had any gym decay or tooth issues anymore

Thanks for your response.

I also use Pepsodent.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by Comradewitney(f): 9:47pm On Dec 31, 2022
I removed my teeth when I was taking care of a sick relative, everyone abandoned her,and as for me, I had to go to the hospital alone pay the hospital bill alone and wait for the doctor alone. I cried from the car to the hospital but God saw me through &
thank God is not my front teeth.
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by Chee59(f): 5:16pm On Jan 02, 2023
Comradewitney:
I removed my teeth when I was taking care of a sick relative, everyone abandoned her,and as for me, I had to go to the hospital alone pay the hospital bill alone and wait for the doctor alone. I cried from the car to the hospital but God saw me through &
thank God is not my front teeth.
Awwwww.
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by Preciousppearl(f): 8:55pm On Jan 02, 2023
HeartlessMan:

You must continue this story if you want to live.
exactly what a student did to mine in one of the general hospitals, it was the chief who came into the theater and angrily took over from the student, I was injected again, after the procedure I didn't feel pain.
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:39am On Jan 03, 2023
eboniest:
Can someone please recommend a good dental clinic here in Lagos mainland..I need to visit one asap

Check out Mayfair hospital at Alfa Nla... I had two removed there, almost painless procedure... Was already talking well about 2hours after the procedure, when the injection had died down
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by nattyGENT: 10:37am On Jan 03, 2023
How many teeth will you remove
Please stop tooth or teeth extraction, it doesn't cure toothache.
Call 08137715797 for toothache � pain relief and cure.
It can be waybilled to any location.
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by odutolu1(m): 10:10pm On Jan 03, 2023
AccessME:
why didn't u do the bolded instead of completely removing the teeth?

I learned the cost may go over a 100k especially if the problem goes deep. Plus i didn't budget for it. Didn't even plan for extraction. I actually thought it was something they could burst the pus and give me some injection or drugs.
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by odutolu1(m): 10:13pm On Jan 03, 2023
Chee59:

How's it healing? Does it still hurt?

Totally healed. The site now covered with new gum flesh. Forgotten I had an extraction except that you can't chew well with that angle.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 03, 2023
odutolu1:

I learned the cost may go over a 100k shocked especially if the problem goes deep. Plus i didn't budget for it. Didn't even plan for extraction. I actually thought it was something they could burst the pus and give me some injection or drugs.
damn way too expensive. I was even thinking filling would b cheaper than removing.
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by toygod2: 9:37am On Jan 10, 2023
NothingDoMe post=119552106 lipsrsealed:
lol. This one you dey shout like this for teeth how you wan do for childbirth? Just humbly submit yourself for epidural when the time comes.

The pain of a throbbing tooth � can never be joked with.

When I did my first tooth (PM) , it took long and the effect of the anaesthetics was already wearing out, I was already feeling pain but you see after the whole show , when you get home……… CHAI, na that one be the OGA KPATAKPATA of them all.

I wan craze!!

I bled for days at that extraction point. The doctor asked if I was going to fill that point of removal, omohhhh, the fear of the pain I went through from the removal did not make me think it twice, I just said …. NO.

I actually didn’t regret filling it but I would have , if it were to be my front tooth.

Person for just dey look like expiredVAMPIRE �‍♀️ �

It felt like all my head was chiseled

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by Konquest: 10:57pm On Jan 11, 2023
Chee59:

Pull pull,

Egbamiiii grin
Lol... The "electric cable" hand.

But seriously though, getting a dental sealant treatment would reduce trips to the dentist for teeth removals.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Prominent Nigerians Who Have Taken COVID-19 Jabs / Health Benefit Of Eating Bitter Cola With Groundnut. / Save And Natural Fat Loss. (live Testimonies)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.