Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,778 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! (19122 Views)

Please, I Need An Urgent Advice On Relocating To UK / Help On Relocating To The Gambia / Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by iamme1234(m): 5:23pm On Dec 31, 2022
DOnt go to Enugu

If u go to Enugu it’s a home of competitions among ladies

If eventually u finally pick a girl in Enugu to settle with u

If things goes down a bit
She might leave u
Cos the number of women there who are well to do
Are competitions to who ever is living there
You might be pushed to do what u don’t wana do if you don’t have cash
Example new haven in Enugu
It’s a place of many business and high men and women who owned houses and cars
If u cannot meet needs for ur woman there
She might be forced to look outside
Also tinkers corner in Enugu is another place that competitor are always.
LAstly in Enugu there is a chance u settle down with a retired Olosho
Cos that’s their headquarter

3 Likes

Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by Tobijays: 5:30pm On Dec 31, 2022
silibaba:

Who will you now pump tyres for as a vulcanizer?

How will you eat and feed ya families?

Aboobi e no go easy for you ooo.

lol I can drag your family entirely put together! Small time you will see it! Lagos will not be as easy to enter as before that is a promise

1 Like

Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by DonPADRO(m): 6:00pm On Dec 31, 2022
airsaylongcome:

How does all these affect someone earning in dollars, working from home and absolutely no need to get into traffic?

I'm s7re such a person can live at home without stepping out forever but I can't

Church
Gym
Market
Shipping
Flexing
Even bank

It's a days job due to traffic and crowds
Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by jaytii(f): 6:04pm On Dec 31, 2022
DonPADRO:
Hi

I want to leave Lagos in the new year. I'm tired of the stress, high cost of everything and chaos.
The problem is I can't really make up my mind on where to go, what city is best for me and my business, my life and needs, therefore i opened this thread to seek advice from people who live or have been to these areas i have in mind to relocate to.

My opinions are...

1. Enugu
2. Uyo *(Akwa Ibom)
3. Calabar (Cross Rivers)
4. Port Harcourt

I'm an Igbo guy from Imo state. I work online so can move anywhere as long as i see good light and fast internet.
And something else... I'm kind of a late bloomer in life. Things no enter for me early so I'm still single at 40. But I earn well now, thanks to God, and so I'm seriously searching for a nice lady to settle down with. A city with lots of marriageable single girls around (even semi-educated one who are generally more humble) is high on my priority list.

The city I have in mind as the best fit is Enugu but due to insecurity in the SE I'm open to other opinions.

Please advice me based on your experence.

Kindly introduce me to your online hustle

1 Like

Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by ogundeleai(m): 6:06pm On Dec 31, 2022
Go to Agulu in Anambra state where everything you require for betternmen is top notch

1 Like

Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by phemmyfour: 6:07pm On Dec 31, 2022
DonPADRO:
Hi

I want to leave Lagos in the new year. I'm tired of the stress, high cost of everything and chaos.
The problem is I can't really make up my mind on where to go, what city is best for me and my business, my life and needs, therefore i opened this thread to seek advice from people who live or have been to these areas i have in mind to relocate to.

My opinions are...

1. Enugu
2. Uyo *(Akwa Ibom)
4. Port Harcourt

I'm an Igbo guy from Imo state. I work online so can move anywhere as long as i see good light and fast internet.
And something else... I'm kind of a late bloomer in life. Things no enter for me early so I'm still single at 40. But I earn well now, thanks to God, and so I'm seriously searching for a nice lady to settle down with. A city with lots of marriageable single girls around (even semi-educated one who are generally more humble) is high on my priority list.

The city I have in mind as the best fit is Enugu but due to insecurity in the SE I'm open to other opinions.

Enugu girls dey like to do....dey do
Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by DonPADRO(m): 6:11pm On Dec 31, 2022
Mrsprof:
Enugu is very cool, and you will see good girls too to pick from. I mean Enugu town o, you will enjoy your stay

Is there 24hr Light? And how about insecurity
Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by airsaylongcome: 6:19pm On Dec 31, 2022
DonPADRO:

I'm s7re such a person can live at home without stepping out forever but I can't

Church
Gym
Market
Shipping
Flexing
Even bank

It's a days job due to traffic and crowds

I do all these too. 10am - 3pm the traffic are super light on the roads. Granted I start work at 5pm so maybe your experience will be different
Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by DonPADRO(m): 6:23pm On Dec 31, 2022
phemmyfour:
Enugu girls dey like to do....dey do

Lol Meaning?
Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by DonPADRO(m): 6:26pm On Dec 31, 2022
airsaylongcome:

I do all these too. 10am - 3pm the traffic are super light on the roads. Granted I start work at 5pm so maybe your experience will be different

Bro as my level rises in life I have come to hate Lagos... I need somewhere peaceful and clean

2 Likes

Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by odaniel1(m): 6:28pm On Dec 31, 2022
iamme1234:
DOnt go to Enugu

If u go to Enugu it’s a home of competitions among ladies

If eventually u finally pick a girl in Enugu to settle with u

If things goes down a bit
She might leave u
Cos the number of women there who are well to do
Are competitions to who ever is living there
You might be pushed to do what u don’t wana do ignore you don’t have cash
Example new haven in Enugu
It’s a place of many business and high men and women who owned houses and cars
If u cannot meet needs for ur woman there
When might be forced to look outside
Also tinkers corner in Enugu is another place that competitor are always.
LAstly in Enugu there is a chance u settle down with a retired Olosho
Cos that’s their headquarter

E exactly my thoughts too. It has gradually become a student-laden town because of the number of schools (caritas, ESUT, UNN, Rennaissance, etc.) were students can afford to lie their wildest life/dreams away from home. Such towns have a huge influence on the younger generation making it hard to see morally upright folks. Ask Owerri& Asaba residents what living with those young ones are like. It doesn't mean you will not find any worth it though...wish you success in your search. shalom

2 Likes

Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by delpee(f): 6:45pm On Dec 31, 2022
opalu:
When I went to Kano to build a Hotel for one Hajiya. I discovered that Lagos is a huge scam. From my house to the Site is very far And the Keke is just N50. That was 2021. The same distance in Lagos would be like N500. So i use to pity the Keke riders and over pay them.
Aside that cost of living in Kano is extremely low. Cost for house, food stuff and constant electricity where I lived while building the Project.
People were behaving like human beings. They greet you along the road. They are open minded.

I heard that Lagos was that good and sincere before

Yes Lagos was that good before the mass movement from all parts of the country and the melting together of cultures. That's talking about human relationships and peaceful living.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by tegrianonigltd(m): 7:02pm On Dec 31, 2022
DonPADRO:
Hi

My opinions are...

1. Enugu
2. Uyo *(Akwa Ibom)
4. Port Harcourt

If na wife, no go Uyo ooh lol abeg
Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by 40BGvm: 7:04pm On Dec 31, 2022
Guys Stop doing hookup...the layers upon layers of rusted girls doing hookup is an eyesore in this Nigeria, It’s high time some NGO sensitize our girls...what the f***k man cool

DonPADRO:

Education can be bought good character can't. Most pro hookup girls in Lagos Abuja ph even owrri are undergrad students and unemployed graduates

They are the ones that make price of hookup pass 20k a night.
Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by AwkaFinest: 7:06pm On Dec 31, 2022
COMPAQ:

Ph isn't very safe.

Is there anywhere in Nigeria that's VERY safe?

1 Like

Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by OvaSabi1(f): 7:06pm On Dec 31, 2022
DonPADRO:

Marry and keep... no training

250k would have turned her into a wonderful cook.

Less than 60k a semester ...university

Your cousin did himself

Did you say university sir? I am around a lot of professors and students and I can say that family background and exposure have better influence on IQ. Also, I know people who learnt how to cook from YouTube that can cook better than some that paid money to learn it. In this life, you almost cannot have it all. But it is better to be realistic with expectations.

If you see the big phone this lovely girl is using. Just today I found out the phone was hanging and I had to help her delete all the extra unnecessary apps on it. We spent hours. It’s not everything money can do.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by Starz825(m): 7:08pm On Dec 31, 2022
silibaba:
Very soon Lagos will become empty as it is right now.

Take a look around Lagos and see how businesses is at standstill, just because a particular tribe traveled for Christmas celebration.
Lagos will always be Lagos whether that particular tribe exist or not....

Na econony make business look like he dey standstill.

Mega city

You dey whine me....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by dreamxhaser: 7:20pm On Dec 31, 2022
airsaylongcome:
Many people shouting "come to Jos", "come to PH", "come to Calabar" don't understand what it means to work online. Do any of those places have fibre optic internet? With dedicated speeds of 10mbps symmetric?

I don't see why anyone working online in Lagos will be bothered by the so-called stress.

Are you okay?

All big cities in Nigeria have about same Internet strength.

2 Likes

Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by dreamxhaser: 7:21pm On Dec 31, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Nope. Been there. Done that. Many places cannot give you guaranteed dedicated speeds. Asking for a static ip would leave many providers confused. I'm not talking about speeds to stream Netflix or YouTube. I'm talking reliable steady connections

Lol, where I stay (Karina) have steady internet.

In fact I only hear about bad Internet online

1 Like

Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 31, 2022
megatran:

This is a good one. I live in the heart of Uyo three years. Where I reside has steady light since we are on a prepaid network. I use broadband internet as there are companies that render wifi to home services here.
I will say life here is more affordable than Lagos and since you say you work online, you would not have to mind that good office jobs are scarce here.
I am planning on relocating from here abroad though. My major draw back is selling off all my many properties. If you choose Uyo and do not have properties, I wouldn't mind doing a rent and property transfer.
By the way, I am inspired by your post. I am in my early thirties and I sometimes get depressed about where I am at right now. Somehow, knowing that someone older than me is optimistic about life in general gives hope.

I'm happy that you're about to sell your priorities in Nigeria to move abroad. That's what we want. Where are the properties located? We can buy them.

Please don't come back to Nigeria o. But first sell all what you've labored hard for in Nigeria before u move

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by dreamxhaser: 7:27pm On Dec 31, 2022
@ DonPadro

Go to Abuja. That place is just dhop, it's just like the calm and peaceful version of Lagos

But cost of living is high

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by DonPADRO(m): 7:36pm On Dec 31, 2022
40BGvm:
Guys Stop doing hookup...the layers upon layers of rusted girls doing hookup is an eyesore in this Nigeria, It’s high time some NGO sensitize our girls...what the f***k man cool

I came from poverty to where I am today... sufficiency.
20k a night is something I will never pay to any girl. 10k ...no. I atruggle to even part with 5k

Suffering has made me stingy even on myself. I don't use cream over 1k but I make Like 200k monthly

Its wife to spend my money I need not hookup to take it away.

Thanks

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by OVB123: 7:49pm On Dec 31, 2022
gammarays1:

Remove Enugu, Portharcourt and Calabar from that list.
Some part of Ogun, Ekiti are still calm with steady power supply.

It's Uyo, Ekiti, Ogun

Umuahia is good too. Old and reserved
Please, biko! Remove umuahia and ado-ekiti, both are dead cities.
Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by airsaylongcome: 7:50pm On Dec 31, 2022
dreamxhaser:

Lol, where I stay (Karina) have steady internet.

In fact I only hear about bad Internet online

dreamxhaser:

Are you okay?

All big cities in Nigeria have about same Internet strength.

Steady internet is different from Good internet. I need latency of 50ms or less to servers sitting on the other end of the world.

Run an mtr (if you use Linux) or Winmtr (if you use windows) to Google.com and share metrics. Then I will know if you have suitable enough internet for what I do. I don't use Internet for Netflix and other streaming. I use it for very time sensitive real-time communications

1 Like

Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by airsaylongcome: 7:52pm On Dec 31, 2022
DonPADRO:

Bro as my level rises in life I have come to hate Lagos... *I need somewhere peaceful and clean*

I can relate. For me, up country is a get-away for brief moments of sanity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 31, 2022
DonPADRO:
Hi

You want to runaway from HELLFIREgrin

1 Like

Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by Mrklemo(m): 7:55pm On Dec 31, 2022
If you work online and need 24hrs light... Okay
There is a place in Akwa ibom called Calabar /Itu highway.. Its 20 minutes drive to Uyo. Light is constant.
Rent is moderate. Highest for a 1 bedroom flat should be 200-250k.....but if na light, i give it to this area... And it has been like this for ages.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by Osariemen12: 7:57pm On Dec 31, 2022
Enugu is your surest bet from all you've written.
Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by 40BGvm: 8:08pm On Dec 31, 2022
Indeed, you will meet your better half in no distance time, if you’re a Christian or a Muslim you can indicate your interest to the elders and clergy men to facilitate things for you...

DonPADRO:

I came from poverty to where I am today... sufficiency.
20k a night is something I will never pay to any girl. 10k ...no. I atruggle to even part with 5k

Suffering has made me stingy even on myself. I don't use cream over 1k but I make Like 200k monthly

Its wife to spend my money I need not hookup to take it away.

Thanks
Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by DonPADRO(m): 8:26pm On Dec 31, 2022
OvaSabi1:

Did you say university sir? I am around a lot of professors and students and I can say that family background and exposure have better influence on IQ. Also, I know people who learnt how to cook from YouTube that can cook better than some that paid money to learn it. In this life, you almost cannot have it all. But it is better to be realistic with expectations.

If you see the big phone this lovely girl is using. Just today I found out the phone was hanging and I had to help her delete all the extra unnecessary apps on it. We spent hours. It’s not everything money can do.

Intelligence level or IQ differ from person to person. Men generally have higher IQ than woman. In fact, the more attractive a woman is the less intelligence nature seems to assign her thus when people see an attractive woman who is also smart it's a thing wonder to them.

I love 'very' well endowed women and have met them plenty but in all my life I have only met one that was really smart. She was a mathematician and it was so surprising to everyone. We learned to look pass that gentle soft face and those excess boobs and ass to see pure brains which most guys couldn't match so we left this Yoruba girl alone. But you know the funny thing? The guy she had a crush on was ugly and dumb... couldn't even speak English fluently. grin
Another funny thing was that this girl's elder sister wasn't even half as attractive and wasn't smart either. Yet they came from the same background

You see, intelligence is natural. Your background and the people you interact with overtime only helps to forge it. Overseas people take the IQ test while they are still kids as young as 11 or so. I've seen a 14 year-old SS2 student who can answer question in Chemistery and Advanced Mathematics even before you finish asking it. I know a deaf guy with just WAEC result who learned to build websites all by himself.
Bill Gates dropped out of school to start a computer biz in a garage. People thought he was nuts but today he is worth billions.
Check the 10 top richest men in the world and you'll see at least 3 school dropouts.

Your sister-in-law seems to be dull, the kind of girl that can't operate a TV remote well and needs constant help. There are so many like her. But you seem the exact opposite but if you think well not everything you know comes form school. You learned some all by yourself!

Education only compliments intelligence. It doesn't create it.
Take an intelligent boy or girl frying akara on the road and send her to school and she'll suprise you. But do the same to a dull one and you may just want a refund in the end

2 Likes

Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by airsaylongcome: 8:34pm On Dec 31, 2022
DonPADRO:

Intelligence level or IQ differ from person to person. Men generally have higher IQ than woman. In fact, the more attractive a woman is the less intelligence nature seems to assign her thus when people see an attractive woman who is also smart it's a thing wonder to them.

I love 'very' well endowed women and have met them plenty but in all my life I have only met one that was really smart. She was a mathematician and it was so surprising to everyone. We learned to look pass that gentle soft face and those excess boobs and ass to see pure brains which most guys couldn't match so we left this Yoruba girl alone. But you know the funny thing? The guy she had a crush on was ugly and dumb... couldn't even speak English fluently. grin
Another funny thing was that this girl's elder sister wasn't even half as attractive and wasn't smart either. Yet they came from the same background

You see, intelligence is natural. Your background and the people you interact with overtime only helps to forge it. Overseas people take the IQ test while they are still kids as young as 11 or so. I've seen a 14 year-old SS2 student who can answer question in Chemistery and Advanced Mathematics even before you finish asking it. I know a deaf guy with just WAEC result who learned to build websites all by himself.
Bill Gates dropped out of school to start a computer biz in a garage. People thought he was nuts but today he is worth billions.
Check the 10 top richest men in the world and you'll see at least 3 school dropouts.

Your sister-in-law seems to be dull, the kind of girl that can't operate a TV remote well and needs constant help. There are so many like her. But you seem the exact opposite but if you think well not everything you know comes form school. You learned some all by yourself!

Education only compliments intelligence. It doesn't create it.
Take an intelligent boy or girl frying akara on the road and send her to school and she'll suprise you. But do the same to a dull one and you may just want a refund in the end

What do you work as? Sounds like your job role requires a high level of brain power. Not necessarily high intelligence, but an ability to see problems and not shirk. Face problems and be calm enough to come up with a workable solution.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bridge Linking Gombe, Adamawa & Borno Has Been Damaged (Photos) / Five Kano Students Die In Road Crash (Photos) / Mention The States You Have Been To In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.