Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! (19164 Views)

Please, I Need An Urgent Advice On Relocating To UK / Help On Relocating To The Gambia / Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by DonPADRO(m): 8:56pm On Dec 31, 2022
airsaylongcome:

What do you work as? Sounds like your job role requires a high level of brain power. Not necessarily high intelligence, but an ability to see problems and not shirk. Face problems and be calm enough to come up with a workable solution.

grin Yeah, I do something precisely like that for a living but trust me it requires a lot of intelligence because i work with white people. The brain power part gives me headaches a lot.
Finding a lady i really like and appreciate to calm me down at all times and see to what i eat while I work is the most important of the 3 main reasons I want to relocate out of Lagos. The kind of tall and light skinned women i love are only after money and worthless sex here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by airsaylongcome: 9:05pm On Dec 31, 2022
DonPADRO:

Yeah, I do something precisely like that for a living but trust me it requires a lot of intelligence because i work with white people. The brain power part gives me headaches a lot.
Finding a lady i really like and appreciate to calm me down at all times and see to what i eat while I work is the most important of the 3 main reason I want to relocate out of Lagos.

So I don't know that working with white folks ultimately means one needs intelligence. I work with some really super intelligent Americans, Argentinian, Latvians and Ukrainians. I'm the only African on the team and while I won't outrightly say I am intelligent, I am a massive problem solver. But I understand that working with these Caucasians requires a certain kind of "smart". I pray you can get a location outside of Lagos that makes you happy.

I like Lagos because it always keeps me challenged. Looking for the next certification and knowledge to keep abreast in my field. Outside of Lagos, there's a very huge laid back mentality that can easily make one ease of on learning and upskilling.

Without trying to sound classist or elitist, do you live on the island or mainland? Also Is your online job one that requires you to work during Nigerian work hours (Europe or Middle East) or do you work US timezones?

4 Likes

Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by pocohantas(f): 9:08pm On Dec 31, 2022
airsaylongcome:

So I don't know that working with white folks ultimately means one needs intelligence. I work with some really super intelligent Americans, Argentinian, Latvians and Ukrainians. I'm the only African on the team and while I won't outrightly say I am intelligent, I am a massive problem solver. But I understand that working with these Caucasians requires a certain kind of "smart". I pray you can get a location outside of Lagos that makes you happy.

I like Lagos because it always keeps me challenged. Looking for the next certification and knowledge to keep abreast in my field. Outside of Lagos, there's a very huge laid back mentality that can easily make one ease of on learning and upskilling.

Without trying to sound classist or elitist, do you live on the island or mainland? Also Is your online job one that requires you to work during Nigerian work hours (Europe or Middle East) or do you work US timezones?

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by airsaylongcome: 9:14pm On Dec 31, 2022
pocohantas:

Thank you!

Lol! Many Lagosians don't know they are miles ahead of their contemporaries up country. How may people in Asaba, Benin, Uyo, Kano or Kaduna do remote jobs? How many are up to dat with the latest trends in their field? Lagos is stressful but so is London, New York and Los Angeles. Many people shouting "Come to so and so location" in Nigeria, will grab an opportunity to go live and work in London. Agreed London is cleaner, but it has got chaotic traffic, tiny living spaces and way more stressful than Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by pocohantas(f): 9:19pm On Dec 31, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Lol! Many Lagosians don't know they are miles ahead of their contemporaries up country. How may people in Asaba, Benin, Uyo, Kano or Kaduna do remote jobs? How many are up to dat with the latest trends in their field? Lagos is stressful but so is London, New York and Los Angeles. Many people shouting "Come to so and so location" in Nigeria, will grab an opportunity to go live and work in London. Agreed London is cleaner, but it has got chaotic traffic, tiny living spaces and way more stressful than Lagos.

I always laugh when they say Lagos is overrated. Agreed it has its downsides, but Lagos is not overrated. I have stayed in some of the cities they claim can rival Lagos and I see no comparison. See them saying “good internet”, if they see internet, them go talk? Abi they think it is Glo for watching TikTok?

Wetin even concern remote worker with outside? Wetin concern agbero with overload abeg? grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by DonPADRO(m): 9:20pm On Dec 31, 2022
airsaylongcome:

No I don't live on the Island. I have a house of my own abut half an hour's drive from Festac further down the Badagry expressway. My leaving Lagos is not for good because of the house. I might just return once i find what i am looking for. Lagos offers some things no other state offers and that's the truth.

Honestly, I don't envy your job. White people can be nice yet so troublesome and full of themselves.
I work mostly nights to coincide with US time zone.

1 Like

Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by uuzba(m): 9:33pm On Dec 31, 2022
Joevics:

Go to Uyo or even Eket. I just left Eket, and there are lots of girls, good internet and the cost of living is also low.
He should go to Eket,
Then you, instead of staying in Eket, you ran away? So make OP go meet the wahala you run leave?
No way.
Where are you now? It's that place OP will come and stay.

1 Like

Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by airsaylongcome: 10:10pm On Dec 31, 2022
pocohantas:

I always laugh when they say Lagos is overrated. Agreed it has its downsides, but Lagos is not overrated. I have stayed in some of the cities they claim can rival Lagos and I see no comparison. See them saying “good internet”, if they see internet, them go talk? Abi they think it is Glo for watching TikTok?

Wetin even concern remote worker with outside? Wetin concern agbero with overload abeg? grin grin

The "good internet" stuff is the one that pisses me off the most. Many people think "good internet" means ability to stream YouTube and/or Netflix. Same internet that you will hit a a small 1GB download and "good internet" will turn to "at least it's downloading, just wait small". Same 1GB download that will take only a few minutes in Lag you go dey "wait small e dey download". Lagos is no heaven and has a lot of downsides. But abeg comparing the downsides with its up sides is a complete mismatch. And like you said, wetin concern remote worker with outside? If I dey go outside na during off-peak hours. Nothing concern me with waking up at 4am to dodge traffic, or getting stuck in 5pm rush hour traffic. If I get stuck in any of those, it's because I want to not that I have no choice. 10am to 2pm and I'm done with commuting in Lagos. This same remote job if they weren't in Lagos would they have gotten it? Lagos is stressful. But I like the city with all its warts and pimples.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by airsaylongcome: 10:12pm On Dec 31, 2022
DonPADRO:

No I don't live on the Island. I have a house of my own abut half an hour's drive from Festac further down the Badagry expressway. My leaving Lagos is not for good because of the house. I might just return once i find what i am looking for. Lagos offers some things no other state offers and that's the truth.

Honestly, I don't envy your job. White people can be nice yet so troublesome and full of themselves.
I work mostly nights to coincide with US time zone.

Okay. I hope you find the peace and quiet you seek. Lagos is not Utopia, but for me it's not as bad as many people try to make it seem.

2 Likes

Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by iamme1234(m): 10:37pm On Dec 31, 2022
odaniel1:

E exactly my thoughts too. It has gradually become a student-laden town because of the number of schools (caritas, ESUT, UNN, Rennaissance, etc.) were students can afford to lie their wildest life/dreams away from home. Such towns have a huge influence on the younger generation making it hard to see morally upright folks. Ask Owerri& Asaba residents what living with those young ones are like. It doesn't mean you will not find any worth it though...wish you success in your search. shalom

Yes thanks brother
Appreciate
But I ain’t searching ooooo
Me don marry with
Kids
Just that our kain woman not sure them still plenty out there this days for the single men out there..above all I do not stay in the east
But I know east so very well
Because am an auto dealer
So am always going there
Often and often
I wish you well brother
Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by OvaSabi1(f): 10:56pm On Dec 31, 2022
DonPADRO:

Intelligence level or IQ differ from person to person. Men generally have higher IQ than woman. In fact, the more attractive a woman is the less intelligence nature seems to assign her thus when people see an attractive woman who is also smart it's a thing wonder to them.

I love 'very' well endowed women and have met them plenty but in all my life I have only met one that was really smart. She was a mathematician and it was so surprising to everyone. We learned to look pass that gentle soft face and those excess boobs and ass to see pure brains which most guys couldn't match so we left this Yoruba girl alone. But you know the funny thing? The guy she had a crush on was ugly and dumb... couldn't even speak English fluently. grin
Another funny thing was that this girl's elder sister wasn't even half as attractive and wasn't smart either. Yet they came from the same background

You see, intelligence is natural. Your background and the people you interact with overtime only helps to forge it. Overseas people take the IQ test while they are still kids as young as 11 or so. I've seen a 14 year-old SS2 student who can answer question in Chemistery and Advanced Mathematics even before you finish asking it. I know a deaf guy with just WAEC result who learned to build websites all by himself.
Bill Gates dropped out of school to start a computer biz in a garage. People thought he was nuts but today he is worth billions.
Check the 10 top richest men in the world and you'll see at least 3 school dropouts.

Your sister-in-law seems to be dull, the kind of girl that can't operate a TV remote well and needs constant help. There are so many like her. But you seem the exact opposite but if you think well not everything you know comes form school. You learned some all by yourself!

Education only compliments intelligence. It doesn't create it.
Take an intelligent boy or girl frying akara on the road and send her to school and she'll suprise you. But do the same to a dull one and you may just want a refund in the end

Great points and I agree to a large extent.
Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by Fajeed: 12:48am On Jan 01, 2023
Go to Sango ota then
Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by Isabi4lov: 1:33am On Jan 01, 2023
Come over to Ogun State, Shagamu to be precise.
Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by Buffalo2(m): 2:44am On Jan 01, 2023
opalu:
When I went to Kano to build a Hotel for one Hajiya. I discovered that Lagos is a huge scam. From my house to the Site is very far And the Keke is just N50. That was 2021. The same distance in Lagos would be like N500. So i use to pity the Keke riders and over pay them.
Aside that cost of living in Kano is extremely low. Cost for house, food stuff and constant electricity where I lived while building the Project.
People were behaving like human beings. They greet you along the road. They are open minded.

I heard that Lagos was that good and sincere before
. Lagosians look scary nowadays. To ask someone on the street for direction is almost impossible with the they way pple look as if they want to attack you. Even if you eventually summon.courage, 80% of guys will not answer you. It's only the older folks that respond to questions or greetings nowadays. Guys with dreadlocks and cross bags everywhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by CrownWale93(m): 3:01am On Jan 01, 2023
If you can consider Ogun state inward boundary of Lagos, Lagos-ibadan express way.

I can help facilitate everything.
DonPADRO:
Hi

I want to leave Lagos in the new year. I'm tired of the stress, high cost of everything and chaos.
The problem is I can't really make up my mind on where to go, what city is best for me and my business, my life and needs, therefore i opened this thread to seek advice from people who live or have been to these areas i have in mind to relocate to.

My opinions are...

1. Enugu
2. Uyo *(Akwa Ibom)
3. Calabar (Cross Rivers)
4. Port Harcourt

I'm an Igbo guy from Imo state. I work online so can move anywhere as long as i see good light and fast internet.
And something else... I'm kind of a late bloomer in life. Things no enter for me early so I'm still single at 40. But I earn well now, thanks to God, and so I'm seriously searching for a nice lady to settle down with. A city with lots of marriageable single girls around (even semi-educated one who are generally more humble) is high on my priority list.

The city I have in mind as the best fit is Enugu but due to insecurity in the SE I'm open to other opinions.

Please advice me based on your experence.
Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by Flesh10: 6:58am On Jan 01, 2023
DonPADRO:

The city I have in mind as the best fit is Enugu but due to insecurity in the SE I'm open to other opinions.

See let me tell you. I am from Imo state and I schooled in Enugu state.

Enugu is a lovely city (so long as you remain in Enugu metropolis like okpara avenue, new haven, independent layout, presidential layout) aside these places I mentioned others are trenches. When I was in Enugu power supply was topnotch with 24hrs light. I kid you not, this was between 2011 to 2016.

But one prevalent problem in Enugu is their terrible water situation. They don't have water at all even till now. Get ready to push wheelbarrow everyday and sometimes it can get worse that the place you buy water from may not have and you will have to go some days without bathing OR if you have strength to climb hills and go-to their gutter they call stream from faraway distance to fetch water.

One bad side about Enugu people is their hatred towards Imolites (not all but above 60% share same view). I don't know the bad blood between them and Imo people but they definitely dislike Imo people. They have this popular saying that if you see a snake and an Imo person, kill the Imo person first before the snake. They believe Imo guys are cunning and Imo ladies control their husbands OR leave husband house (don't know where they got such narrative from).

Some families will even disown their son or daughter for marrying someone from Imo. This is not hearsay, this is a personal experience, if you know an Imolite based in Enugu ask him about what I am talking about.

They prefer to date Imo guys, use Imo girls but will run to marry their people.

I had a relationship with two girls I was hoping to marry. They told me that I am a calm, caring and loving guy but they can only date me and cannot marry me because I am from Imo and their pple will disown them.

I ended the relationship cos I see no reason dating who I cannot marry.

So I will advise if you are hoping to marry someone from Enugu, be careful, she might just chop and waste your time or even if she accepts her family may frustrate your marriage...

Though Enugu and Ndi 042 are beautiful and decent, if you are lucky to find a good one from a family that doesn't discriminate good for you, else look for other ladies in the state cos there are so many beautiful ladies in 042, avoid those Nsukka, Ubolo, Ezeagu, Enugu Ezike girls they are local, desperate and diabolic

I think the best sets of people in Enugu are Udi and Awgu maybe Nkanu and Aninri

2 Likes

Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by AleAirHub(m): 7:02am On Jan 01, 2023
Thanks for this update but remove Awgu from the list. Thanks

Flesh10:

See let me tell you. I am from Imo state and I schooled in Enugu state.

Enugu is a lovely city (so long as you remain in Enugu metropolis like okpara avenue, new haven, independent layout, presidential layout) aside these places I mentioned others are trenches. When I was in Enugu power supply was topnotch with 24hrs light. I kid you not, this was between 2011 to 2016.

But one prevalent problem in Enugu is their terrible water situation. They don't have water at all even till now. Get ready to push wheelbarrow everyday and sometimes it can get worse that the place you buy water from may not have and you will have to go some days without bathing OR if you have strength to climb hills and go-to their gutter they call stream from faraway distance to fetch water.

One bad side about Enugu people is their hatred towards Imolites (not all but above 60% share same view). I don't know the bad blood between them and Imo people but they definitely dislike Imo people. They have this popular saying that if you see a snake and an Imo person, kill the Imo person first before the snake. They believe Imo guys are cunning and Imo ladies control their husbands OR leave husband house (don't know where they got such narrative from).

Some families will even disown their son or daughter for marrying someone from Imo. This is not hearsay, this is a personal experience, if you know an Imolite based in Enugu ask him about what I am talking about.

They prefer to date Imo guys, use Imo girls but will run to marry their people.

I had a relationship with two girls I was hoping to marry. They told me that I am a calm, caring and loving guy but they can only date me and cannot marry me because I am from Imo and their pple will disown them.

I ended the relationship cos I see no reason dating who I cannot marry.

So I will advise if you are hoping to marry someone from Enugu, be careful, she might just chop and waste your time or even if she accepts her family may frustrate your marriage...

Though Enugu and Ndi 042 are beautiful and decent, if you are lucky to find a good one from a family that doesn't discriminate good for you, else look for other ladies in the state cos there are so many beautiful ladies in 042, avoid those Nsukka, Ubolo, Ezeagu, Enugu Ezike girls they are local, desperate and diabolic

I think the best sets of people in Enugu are Udi and Awgu maybe Nkanu and Aninri
Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by DonPADRO(m): 7:45am On Jan 01, 2023
CrownWale93:
If you can consider Ogun state inward boundary of Lagos, Lagos-ibadan express way.

I can help facilitate everything.

With all the herdsmen kidnapping stories along that Axis? Besides you do realize I'm looking for a lady to wife Right? It's one reason I wanna relocate
Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by DonPADRO(m): 7:56am On Jan 01, 2023
Fajeed:
Go to Sango ota then

Are there lots of nice marriagable ladies There?
Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by DonPADRO(m): 7:58am On Jan 01, 2023
Fajeed:
Go to Sango ota then

I don't know shagamu to have many nice lades and that's something I need not just light
Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by omobolarinwa1(m): 7:59am On Jan 01, 2023
DonPADRO:
Hi

I want to leave Lagos in the new year. I'm tired of the stress, high cost of everything and chaos.
The problem is I can't really make up my mind on where to go, what city is best for me and my business, my life and needs, therefore i opened this thread to seek advice from people who live or have been to these areas i have in mind to relocate to.

1. Enugu
2. Uyo *(Akwa Ibom)
4. Port Harcourt

I'm an Igbo guy from Imo state. I work online so can move anywhere as long as i see good light and fast internet.
And something else... I'm kind of a late bloomer in life. Things no enter for me early so I'm still single at 40. But I earn well now, thanks to God, and so I'm seriously searching for a nice lady to settle down with. A city with lots of marriageable single girls around (even semi-educated one who are generally more humble) is high on my priority list.

Pls.pls pls relocate to Abeokuta capital city of ogun state..you will love the city more than anywhere since you like peace of mind and conducive environment good road,electricity you can choose laderin estate or sam ewang estate or GRA or OBada and Magbon you will enjoy light like no one and to sort it out it an ancient historycity which you will learn alot.woman and women that are virtual is around if you like tonchoose wisely..best of luck and lastly let me know your decision in future.. shalom.happy new year
Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by Okoroawusa: 10:08am On Jan 01, 2023
pocohantas:

Nne, you have said it all.
Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by OkodiDenzel: 10:08am On Jan 01, 2023
Relocate to Nairaland grin grin grin

We have so many marriageable singles roaming the streets of romance section for your choice...
Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by obicoself(m): 11:42am On Jan 01, 2023
Since your work is mainly based online and steady power is required, I will advise you to move in to Omoku. It's atown in Rivers State. Close to PH. There, steady power is guaranteed and it's free. I was in your shoe till I moved out of same Lagos to the area in 2021. Till date, I never regretted it
To know more reach me at jire4real@gmail.com.
Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by Sirchiboy: 11:59am On Jan 01, 2023
Johnchrix:
Come to pH there's steady light where I live.. there are also beautiful and educated ladies
Where?
Ada George no dey get steady light
Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by Sirchiboy: 11:59am On Jan 01, 2023
Slonge22:
PH is heaven man. Move to NTA, GRA or Peter idodili, Agip estate, or eagle island. All this places are mad nice.
Ada George nko
Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by Johnchrix(m): 12:10pm On Jan 01, 2023
Sirchiboy:
. Where? Ada George no dey get steady light
come to oyigbo.. close to the shell gas flow station
Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by AleAirHub(m): 12:29pm On Jan 01, 2023
Did I hear you mentioning Omoku?

Chai, this is new year and I will reserve my comment.

obicoself:
Since your work is mainly based online and steady power is required, I will advise you to move in to Omoku. It's atown in Rivers State. Close to PH. There, steady power is guaranteed and it's free. I was in your shoe till I moved out of same Lagos to the area in 2021. Till date, I never regretted it
To know more reach me at jire4real@gmail.com.
Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by Medosky001: 1:37pm On Jan 01, 2023
I will love to work online too, will need help from you
Pls hit me up
Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by Kenneth10110(m): 1:57pm On Jan 01, 2023
DonPADRO:
Hi

My opinions are...

1. Enugu
2. Uyo *(Akwa Ibom)
4. Port Harcourt

It would be good if you join us back home if you have sure connection to get sustainable job. Imo state is free, and you enjoy the night life and if you mind your business its okay as well. Get to work early and all that but if job no secure go PH.
Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by Lolachef(f): 3:32pm On Jan 01, 2023
Well Ibadan is okay to live.
Re: Advice on Relocating Out of Lagos! by Sirchiboy: 4:03pm On Jan 01, 2023
Johnchrix:

come to oyigbo.. close to the shell gas flow station
You go put me for shell company?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Did You First Experience In The US? / Mention The States You Have Been To In Nigeria / Traffic Advisory As APC Presidential Rally Holds In Lagos (Updated)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.