Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? (1312 Views)

North-central, Not South Deserves Presidency, Middle-belt Group Cautions Souther / PDP Mocks Buhari Over Flopped North Central Rally / Jubilation In North Central Confirms Zone’s Support For Atiku- PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by Odibembem: 10:43am On Dec 31, 2022
I have observed arguments that both South West and South South have tasted power, that the two zones yet to taste power are the South East and North East. The likes of Orji Uzor Kalu used that as basis to support Ahmed Lawan at APC primaries that if South East doesn't get it, then it should go to North East being the other zone yet to taste power. What about the North Central? Why is no one fighting for them, why are they not really agitating for power to come to them also? Yes, in d military era, they produced Gowon, Babangida and Abdusalam but they have never produced a democratic leader, not even VP. At least the North East have produced Tafawa Balewa as Prime Minister for six years and Atiku Abubakar as VP for eight years. The North Central should also show interest in the presidency like the North East and South East. They are not less Nigerian

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by Moh247: 10:46am On Dec 31, 2022
cool

NorthCentral is a Diverse region, created by Abacha just to balance power

Kwara and Kogi have Yorubas ... Obasanjo

Nassarawa , Plateau, Niger have Hausa Fulani and many minorities --; Yaradua, Buhari

Benue and FCT are very diverse Tivs, Idoma , Gwari etc

SouthWest is Majority Yoruba

NorthWest is Majority Hausa and Fulani

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by kollinzgee(m): 10:48am On Dec 31, 2022
There is no major tribe in the northcentral and the minorities are not united, infact it is the least populated region in Nigeria,

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by mrvitalis(m): 10:53am On Dec 31, 2022
Odibembem:
I have observed arguments that both South West and South South have tasted power, that the two zones yet to taste power are the South East and North East. The likes of Orji Uzor Kalu used that as basis to support Ahmed Lawan at APC primaries that if South East doesn't get it, then it should go to North East being the other zone yet to taste power. What about the North Central? Why is no one fighting for them, why are they not really agitating for power to come to them also? Yes, in d military era, they produced Gowon, Babangida and Abdusalam but they have never produced a democratic leader, not even VP. At least the North East have produced Tafawa Balewa as Prime Minister for six years and Atiku Abubakar as VP for eight years. The North Central should also show interest in the presidency like the North East and South East. They are not less Nigerian
North central know only an Igbo man would stand by them to take power

Took us the war n Fulani herdman to understand each other but the bond between real north central Indigenous people and Igbos is super strong ...stronger than ever ...from southern borno,to Bauchi,to gombe to Kaduna to Niger to nassarawa to kogi to taraba to Adamawa to plateau to Benue

They know who would stand by them and who have been speaking up for them

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by Windscribe: 10:56am On Dec 31, 2022
An average middle belter does not know the member state.

That's why I laugh at the ipobpigs when they say the north Central is in the bag for Obi.

It will take the grace of God for LP to get 200k votes in all the NC combined.

The NC is a diverse region, not even one state is homogeneous, the union is not strong.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by Moh247: 10:58am On Dec 31, 2022
mrvitalis:

North central know only an Igbo man would stand by them to take power

Took us the war n Fulani herdman to understand each other but the bond between real north central Indigenous people and Igbos is super strong ...stronger than ever ...from southern borno,to Bauchi,to gombe to Kaduna to Niger to nassarawa to kogi to taraba to Adamawa to plateau to Benue

Go and tell a Kogi Yagba East, Yagba West, Ibira man that and watch him laugh at you

Also Tell a Kwara State man that and watch him hiss at you

There are more Fulanis living in Kogi, Kwara, Platue , Nassarawa and Abuja for Centuries than there are Igbos

As a matter of fact most Biafra onslaught came from Middle Belt, and Gowon , TY Danjuma led the fight

6 Likes

Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by Windscribe: 11:08am On Dec 31, 2022
mrvitalis:

Nc know only an Igbo man would stand by them to take power

At the bolded,
The north Central under what umbrella ?

Mrvitalis , you and this your shallow reasoning are inseparable.
The NC as it stands today consist of 6 member states and the fct, of which apc are controlling 5 of these state, the remaining 1 is part of the G5.
The NC have no union, each state would vote based on the kind of politics going on their.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by kollinzgee(m): 11:12am On Dec 31, 2022
February will decide everything no more arguments its here already
Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by mrvitalis(m): 11:13am On Dec 31, 2022
Moh247:

Go and tell a Kogi Yagba East, Yagba West, Ibira man that and watch him laugh at you

Also Tell a Kwara State man that and watch him hiss at you

There are more Fulanis living in Kogi, Kwara, Platue , Nassarawa and Abuja for Centuries than there are Igbos

As a matter of fact most Biafra onslaught came from Middle Belt, and Gowon , TY Danjuma led the fight

Lol I said real middle belt indigenous people
Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by Apophenia24k: 11:15am On Dec 31, 2022
Windscribe:
An average middle belter does not know the member state.

That's why I laugh at the ipobpigs when they say the north Central is in the bag for Obi.

It will take the grace of God for LP to get 200k votes in all the NC combined.

The NC is a diverse region, not even one state is homogeneous, the union is not strong.

Stop speaking for us, you'll drink skushi Nd with stupid confidence speak on people's behalf though you knows nothing about thier believes.. most of you have not even travel out of you state of origin yet speak about other region as if you know anything about them... BE educated and guided in you speech

6 Likes

Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by Windscribe: 11:18am On Dec 31, 2022
Apophenia24k:

Stop speaking for us, you'll drink skushi Nd with stupid confidence speak on people's behalf though you knows nothing about thier believes.. most of you have not even travel out of you state of origin yet speak about other region as if you know anything about them... BE educated and guided in you speech
Mumu, I'm from the NC, kwara precisely,

4 Likes

Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by Moh247: 11:20am On Dec 31, 2022
mrvitalis:

So who are the indegeneous people of Kwara, Kogi, Niger, Nassarawa, Plateau, FCT?!

Yoruba, Hausa, Gwari, Tiv, Idoma ,Hausa or who are you saying

Even this guys openly rejected Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra map

Look just go to Kogi and Kwara go and see Fulani people everywhere

5 Likes

Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by mrvitalis(m): 11:23am On Dec 31, 2022
Moh247:

So who are the indegeneous people of Kwara, Kogi, Niger, Nassarawa, Plateau, FCT?!

Yoruba, Hausa, Gwari, Tiv, Idoma ,Hausa or who are you saying

Even this guys openly rejected Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra map

Look just go to Kogi and Kwara go and see Fulani people everywhere
Firstly kanu or IPOB have never released a map never for once

People I am talking to know themselves I am not talking about political middle belt or invaders ... people I am talking to know themselves

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by Windscribe: 11:25am On Dec 31, 2022
mrvitalis:

I'm from the middle belt, NC have no single bond with ibos.

From my experience so far in Lagos, a cosmopolitan city, seems every tribe hates ibos.

Number 1 on the list are people from cross river.

And I thought Amaechi was going to win Apc primary according to you... Hahaha.
You need to learn POL101, the basic.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by Moh247: 11:28am On Dec 31, 2022
mrvitalis:

People I am talking to know themselves I am not talking about political middle belt or invaders ... people I am talking to know themselves

Ok

1 Like

Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by Apophenia24k: 11:32am On Dec 31, 2022
Windscribe:

Mumu, I'm from the NC, kwara precisely,

Animal, and you're proud of it? They murderd your ancestors and gave your land up for emirate instead of being SW and you foolishly call me mumu.. from Nasarawa to benue, kogi, taraba plateau and part of enugu have a similar culture, with no presence of powerful Emirate and here you are calling me mumu...
Kwara is a political geographical location.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by Ttalk: 11:35am On Dec 31, 2022
kollinzgee:
There is no major tribe in the northcentral and the minorities are not united, infact it is the least populated region in Nigeria,

SE is the least populated region. Get your facts right

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by Windscribe: 11:38am On Dec 31, 2022
Apophenia24k:

Animal, and you're proud of it? They murderd your ancestors and gave your land up for emirate instead of being SW and you foolishly call me mumu.. from Nasarawa to benue, kogi, taraba plateau and part of enugu have a similar culture, with no presence of powerful Emirate and here you are calling me mumu...
Kwara is a political geographical location.
E pain am,

Ebira, igala and Yoruba people from Kogi have nothing in common with plateau, taraba, nasarrawa, benue ànd enugu.

AND VICE VERSA

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by jumper524(m): 11:59am On Dec 31, 2022
Odibembem:
I’m from the north central, we’ve dominated during the military era, we are silent now cos it’s yet to be our turn but we’ve never been far from govt until now. We dominated the senate through saraki and David mark. The democratic era is still fresh to start complaining. The northeast and southeast should discuss first.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by omonnakoda: 12:03pm On Dec 31, 2022
kollinzgee:
The SE is the least populated according to the last census. If you think that has changed you need to have evidence

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 12:03pm On Dec 31, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Nassarawa , Plateau, Niger have Hausa Fulani and many minorities --; Yaradua, Buhari

You are right. It's the most heterogeneous region in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by omonnakoda: 12:04pm On Dec 31, 2022
MyVILLAGEpeople:

You are right. It's the most heterogeneous region in Nigeria.
How is it more heterogeneous than SS?
Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 12:08pm On Dec 31, 2022
mrvitalis:

So the other day the Biafran map he released was what

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 12:10pm On Dec 31, 2022
jumper524:
I’m from the north central, we’ve dominated during the military era, we are silent now cos it’s yet to be our turn but we’ve never been far from govt until now. We dominated the senate through saraki and David mark. The democratic era is still fresh to start complaining. The northeast and southeast should discuss first.

You are right. The north central was the most powerful region during the military dispensation.
Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by mrvitalis(m): 12:11pm On Dec 31, 2022
MyVILLAGEpeople:

So the other day the Biafran map he released was what
Kanu has never released any map

People just stay in your house and talk and post anything ...not all Biafra social media page are legit

How can you draw map without referendum
Give the old eastern region plus Igbos in other regions opportunity to reject or accept the Biafra

Then the map, how to go about independence if accepted can begin
Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 12:13pm On Dec 31, 2022
omonnakoda:
How is it more heterogeneous than SS?

It's more heterogeneous than the SS.
Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by omonnakoda: 12:15pm On Dec 31, 2022
MyVILLAGEpeople:

It's more heterogeneous than the SS.
How? In what way
Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 12:19pm On Dec 31, 2022
omonnakoda:
How? In what way

More tribes and minorities than that of SS.
Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by omonnakoda: 12:24pm On Dec 31, 2022
MyVILLAGEpeople:

More tribes and minorities than that of SS.
How many tribes ?
For you to say that you must have counted personally or are referencing some published research
When people claim to be educated we expect that to manifest in their utterances
Evidence?
How many " tribes" are there in each and every region
then we can rank

If you cannot do such a fact base ranking then you are guessing
Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by duro4chang(m): 12:40pm On Dec 31, 2022
kollinzgee:
The north central is more populated than south east

1 Like

Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by omonnakoda: 12:51pm On Dec 31, 2022
MyVILLAGEpeople:

You are right. The north central was the most powerful region during the military dispensation.
how? On What basis?
Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by Mandate2023: 1:07pm On Dec 31, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Thank u for dis......

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is The Tinubu Comment About Jesus And Peter Obi In Anambra Not Blasphemous? / Naira Redesign:Emefele Mocks Those That Listened To Elrufai ...... / You're Not A Real Lagosian If You're Not From Lagos Island - GRV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.