Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,471 members, 7,836,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? (1336 Views)

North-central, Not South Deserves Presidency, Middle-belt Group Cautions Souther / PDP Mocks Buhari Over Flopped North Central Rally / Jubilation In North Central Confirms Zone’s Support For Atiku- PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by BlazinGlory40: 1:10pm On Dec 31, 2022
Windscribe:
An average middle belter does not know the member state.

That's why I laugh at the ipobpigs when they say the north Central is in the bag for Obi.

It will take the grace of God for LP to get 200k votes in all the NC combined.

The NC is a diverse region, not even one state is homogeneous, the union is not strong.

Is this statement based on your imagination or have you sampled their opinions to arrive at this conclusion?
Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by BlazinGlory40: 1:12pm On Dec 31, 2022
Windscribe:

Mumu, I'm from the NC, kwara precisely,

Then you are speaking as a yoruba man and not for the minority groups in the region.
Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by Mandate2023: 1:13pm On Dec 31, 2022
duro4chang:
The north central is more populated than south east

Not about population but rather tribe and togetherness.......am partially from kogi, yoruba part(okun) and I can tell u d yorubas in kogi have nothing in common with the other part of kogi not to talk of associating with any....different language, different food, different tribes and different lifestyles......same with kwara and others

U cannot say the NC is a particular tribe like that of the SW and SE or North

1 Like

Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by Mandate2023: 1:16pm On Dec 31, 2022
mrvitalis:

North central know only an Igbo man would stand by them to take power

Took us the war n Fulani herdman to understand each other but the bond between real north central Indigenous people and Igbos is super strong ...stronger than ever ...from southern borno,to Bauchi,to gombe to Kaduna to Niger to nassarawa to kogi to taraba to Adamawa to plateau to Benue

They know who would stand by them and who have been speaking up for them

I wonder if u hoebi supporters really know anything about Nigeria.........what do u mean by NC? Which tribe in particular r u referring to or did anyone complain to u...... grin grin grin grin igbo will never ever be president write it down grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by Mandate2023: 1:20pm On Dec 31, 2022
BlazinGlory40:

Then you are speaking as a yoruba man and not for the minority groups in the region.

Mumu there's no majority group in NC....its a combination of different tribes, yoruba's in some part of kogi and kwara, ibira in kogi and niger, tiv, Idoma and d likes from benue, abuja and nasarawa...fulani illegal occupier in kwara, niger, plateau and nasarawa to other tribes

1 Like

Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by duro4chang(m): 1:22pm On Dec 31, 2022
Mandate2023:

Not about population but rather tribe and togetherness.......am partially from kogi, yoruba part(okun) and I can tell u d yorubas in kogi have nothing in common with the other part of kogi not to talk of associating with any....different language, different food, different tribes and different lifestyles......same with kwara and others

U cannot say the NC is a particular tribe like that of the SW and SE or North
I was answering to the comment that says north central has the least population and not about political or tribal affinity. For your information too I am from that region.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by Mandate2023: 1:25pm On Dec 31, 2022
duro4chang:
I was answering to the comment that says north central has the least population and not about political or tribal affinity. For your information too I am from that region.

Ok
Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by LegalWolf: 1:38pm On Dec 31, 2022
mrvitalis:

Took us the war n Fulani herdman to understand each other but the bond between real north central Indigenous people and Igbos is super strong ...stronger than ever ...from southern borno,to Bauchi,to gombe to Kaduna to Niger to nassarawa to kogi to taraba to Adamawa to plateau to Benue

Lol, you know you can be charging tickets for comedy shows. Who are the “real north central” indigenous people?

1 Like

Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by LegalWolf: 1:48pm On Dec 31, 2022
Apophenia24k:

Animal, and you're proud of it? They murderd your ancestors and gave your land up for emirate instead of being SW and you foolishly call me mumu.. from Nasarawa to benue, kogi, taraba plateau and part of enugu have a similar culture, with no presence of powerful Emirate and here you are calling me mumu...
Kwara is a political geographical location.

Lol, whether we are geographical location or not, our votes count and we can either make or mar your candidate.

This is what windscribe is trying to tell you. By the ways, what’s you people fixation with the Emirate at ilorin? Are the people complaining?

1 Like

Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by orisa37: 1:50pm On Dec 31, 2022
NC IS A SNAKE CUT HALF.
Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 1:58pm On Dec 31, 2022
omonnakoda:
how? On What basis?

The North central produced most head of states that stayed longer in power than any other region. Gowon spent 9 years in power, while Babangida spent 8 years in power. These two from the North Central stayed longer in power than any other head of state from other regions. In fact majority of the coups were spear headed by those from the North Central. Examples are the failed coup of 1976 by Dimka that took the life of Murtala. The 1983 coup that brought in Buhari was also majorly sponsored by Babangida and many officers from the North Central. Also the 1990 failed coup by Gideon Orka a plateau army officer from the North Central. Abdulsalam was the last head of state from the North Central to transfer power to a civilian President. So unarguably the north central was the most powerful region during the military dispensation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by Nova1988(m): 2:43pm On Dec 31, 2022
mrvitalis:

you guys should stop adding Adamawa to your nonsense. I’m a proudly from Adamawa and i haven’t seen any “strong bond w igbo people” only tribalism. so you better shut up and stop adding us and other northern states to your rubbish. It’s only when you need us for your agenda that you’ll remember us
Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by mrvitalis(m): 2:45pm On Dec 31, 2022
Nova1988:

you guys should stop adding Adamawa to your nonsense. I’m a proudly from Adamawa and i haven’t seen any “strong bond w igbo people” only tribalism. so you better shut up and stop adding us and other northern states to your rubbish. It’s only when you need us for your agenda that you’ll remember us
I am talking about real Indigenous people of Adamawa not Fulani invaders
Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by Nova1988(m): 2:51pm On Dec 31, 2022
mrvitalis:

I am talking about real Indigenous people of Adamawa not Fulani invaders

And who are the real indigenous people of adamawa?? this guy!!! you’ve never even been there so shut up. i’ll rather have a Yoruba person be president than an Igbo person and that is what the majority of my people would say. so get that through you thick skull. igbo people that hate every northerner, no matter if it’s nc,ne or nw. God forbid!
Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by mrvitalis(m): 2:56pm On Dec 31, 2022
Nova1988:

And who are the real indigenous people of adamawa?? this guy!!! you’ve never even been there so shut up. i’ll rather have a Yoruba person be president than an Igbo person and that is what the majority of my people would say. so get that through you thick skull. igbo people that hate every northerner, no matter if it’s nc,ne or nw. God forbid!
You mean Fulanis ?
Yea sure you want people you can manipulate and control sure ...you are scared the day Igbo man become president all your gains in take people's land for 200 years would be reversed

Relax it would happen relax
Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by Nova1988(m): 3:04pm On Dec 31, 2022
mrvitalis:

You mean Fulanis ?
Yea sure you want people you can manipulate and control sure ...you are scared the day Igbo man become president all your gains in take people's land for 200 years would be reversed

Relax it would happen relax

you don’t like us, and we’re keeping the same energy. never add us to your nonsense agenda again. okay??
Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by mrvitalis(m): 3:06pm On Dec 31, 2022
Nova1988:

you don’t like us, and we’re keeping the same energy. never add us to your nonsense agenda again. okay??
Lmfao no body added Fulanis I mean the real owners of Adamawa not invaders like you
Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by ImmaculateJOE(m): 3:10pm On Dec 31, 2022
Nova1988:

Real Adamawa state Indigene will choose Obi 10x over Tinibu. I'm on ground here. From Numan to Hong and its environs.

However, I don't buy the idea that Igbo and Adamawa has any similarities.
Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by Addme: 3:14pm On Dec 31, 2022
mrvitalis:

Lmfao no body added Fulanis I mean the real owners of Adamawa not invaders like you
People keep asking you the same question over and over again but you failed to answer any.
Who are the real people or owner of North Central or simply put to this your comment,
Who are the real people of Adamawa?
Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by omonnakoda: 4:37pm On Dec 31, 2022
MyVILLAGEpeople:

The North central produced most head of states that stayed longer in power than any other region. Gowon spent 9 years in power, while Babangida spent 8 years in power. These two from the North Central stayed longer in power than any other head of state from other regions. In fact majority of the coups were spear headed by those from the North Central. Examples are the failed coup of 1976 by Dimka that took the life of Murtala. The 1983 coup that brought in Buhari was also majorly sponsored by Babangida and many officers from the North Central. Also the 1990 failed coup by Gideon Orka a plateau army officer from the North Central. Abdulsalam was the last head of state from the North Central to transfer power to a civilian President. So unarguably the north central was the most powerful region during the military dispensation.
so producing head of state is the metric you use to determine which is more powerful?
By that logic Ogun state is the most powerful state in the country?
It is childish logic.

There was nothing like Geopolitical zone when IBB and Gowon came to power. Their constituency was North. Gowon came to power via a Northern coup at a time when there was q concept of Geopolitical zone s
Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by Nova1988(m): 7:53pm On Dec 31, 2022
ImmaculateJOE:

Real Adamawa state Indigene will choose Obi 10x over Tinibu. I'm on ground here. From Numan to Hong and its environs.

However, I don't buy the idea that Igbo and Adamawa has any similarities.

where did you get that statistic from?? well, it doesn’t matter because most of them are voting for atiku.
Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by Nova1988(m): 7:54pm On Dec 31, 2022
Addme:

People keep asking you the same question over and over again but you failed to answer any.
Who are the real people or owner of North Central or simply put to this your comment,
Who are the real people of Adamawa?

don’t mind that guy. Adamawa that is not even in North central sef.
Re: Why Is The North Central Not In Political Contention? by Nova1988(m): 7:56pm On Dec 31, 2022
mrvitalis:

Adamawa is a Fulani state. the names of all the places are fulani. There’s even a place called “Wuro Hausa” which means like a place where hausa people stay or Hausa town in fulani.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Presidency: Northern Group Urges Kwankwaso To Withdraw For Atiku / 95% Of Posts Glorifying Tinubu Were Opened 3 Months Ago Or Less / Can Tinubu Win Up To 9 States In The Election?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.