Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

would you do likewise? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / would you do likewise? (2682 Views)

Why Can't Matured Adults Date Themselves And Likewise Youngsters? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

would you do likewise? by iyatrustee(f): 4:55pm On Sep 02, 2011
A friend of mine was lamenting on how her relationship with her boyfriend of 5yrs recently ended cos she called a supposed rival of hers. It later happened the girl had nothing to do with her boyfriend and the guy took exception to it claiming she should have confronted him instead.

my question now is, in situations where you as a babe suspect your boyfriend / fiance / husband of cheating, would you call the other lady to warn her to stay clear or would you just pretend as if she doesn't exist?
Re: would you do likewise? by MrCork19: 4:58pm On Sep 02, 2011
***ask Jamie Foxx: Blame it on the Alchohol*** wink
Re: would you do likewise? by cantell(m): 5:00pm On Sep 02, 2011
iyatrustee:

A friend of mine was lamenting on how her relationship with her boyfriend of 5yrs recently ended cos she called a supposed rival of hers. It later happened the girl had nothing to do with her boyfriend and the guy took exception to it claiming she should have confronted him instead.

my question now is, in situations where you as a babe suspect your boyfriend / fiance / husband of cheating, would you call the other lady to warn her to stay clear or would you just pretend as if she doesn't exist?

*Yawns*
Re: would you do likewise? by iyatrustee(f): 5:01pm On Sep 02, 2011
dats why i no dey open thread. derailers everywia embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: would you do likewise? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 02, 2011
I will not call the lady, i rather confront my guy first.
Re: would you do likewise? by iyatrustee(f): 5:17pm On Sep 02, 2011
but chances are, the guy would deny it grin grin
Re: would you do likewise? by Smilenw(f): 5:21pm On Sep 02, 2011
I'll make sure my suspicions are true and then confront the guy with the evidence. I don't think I have anything to do with the woman. If the guy is into cheating, he can find 100s of women to cheat on. One woman backing off doesn't make a difference.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: would you do likewise? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 02, 2011
iyatrustee:

but chances are, the guy would deny it grin grin

So true undecided
Re: would you do likewise? by Dondav(m): 6:09pm On Sep 02, 2011
That's no reason to call off a 5yrs relatnshp!
Re: would you do likewise? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 02, 2011
Dondav:
That's no reason to call off a 5yrs relatnshp!
Supported. Where went forgiveness?

1 Like

Re: would you do likewise? by Roland17(m): 6:22pm On Sep 02, 2011
Being too Possessive or forceful would never stop people from cheating if they are bent on doing it, i would never approach or challenge a rival except in cases of forceful rape, physical molestation or abuse of my woman.
Re: would you do likewise? by r231(m): 6:41pm On Sep 02, 2011
thats childish. . . . . why would you want to call 3rd party?

if you cant deal with your girl/man den you got issue grin grin grin grin
Re: would you do likewise? by ronkebp(f): 7:07pm On Sep 02, 2011
i had a similar situation, my ex, (whom i loved to pieces), had this other gal, i knew about her from the beginning but, he had me all wrapped around his fingers, all of a sudden a lady started calling me and asking me to back-off and leave her 'fiance' alone, i did not say anything to her, i went over to my guy and told him, all he said was that he was not engaged to anyone and that there was no way he could convince me that there was nothing serious going on between them. All i wanted then was assurance that all was going to be alright. No, he could not, he was tongue-tied, he could not even utter a word, i was so confused and devastated, my friends wanted to threat that babe's Bleep-up, but i did not want to hurt his feelings, she kept on calling and harrassing me. On a second thought now, i should have confronted her back, even if i don't end up with him (which i did not do now) would have still been satisfied that i stood up for myself. So i do not see anything wrong in confronting that babe, only, do it in a civilised way.
Re: would you do likewise? by MissyB3(f): 9:13pm On Sep 02, 2011
Knowing me, pretense isn't an option.
First thing - Accost him
Re: would you do likewise? by koolkamzzy(m): 9:27pm On Sep 02, 2011
Its obvious that the guy was not really into your frnd, hence he decide to use such a flimsy excuse as an opportunity to call of the relationship. I don't blame him sha, some girls can be so possessive that they make u wona go crazy.
Re: would you do likewise? by omega25red(m): 9:37pm On Sep 02, 2011
harrassing the woman makes you seem like a psycho and i probably will dump you too. I think you should have asked your man first then use the technology of three way calling and have everyone on the phone at the same time
Re: would you do likewise? by koolkamzzy(m): 9:56pm On Sep 02, 2011
omega25red:

harassing the woman makes you seem like a psycho and i probably will dump you too. I think you should have asked your man first then use the technology of three way calling and have everyone on the phone at the same time

Bro this is not a good reason to dump ur gurl if u truly luv her. After all we are all human, n tend to get jealous. She was only trying to protect her territory (lol).
Re: would you do likewise? by HighChief4(m): 10:25pm On Sep 02, 2011
ronkebp:

i had a similar situation, my ex, (whom i loved to pieces), had this other gal, i knew about her from the beginning but, he had me all wrapped around his fingers, all of a sudden a lady started calling me and asking me to back-off and leave her 'fiance' alone, i did not say anything to her, i went over to my guy and told him, all he said was that he was not engaged to anyone and that there was no way he could convince me that there was nothing serious going on between them. All i wanted then was assurance that all was going to be alright. No, he could not, he was tongue-tied, he could not even utter a word, i was so confused and devastated, my friends wanted to threat that babe's bleep-up, but i did not want to hurt his feelings, she kept on calling and harrassing me. On a second thought now, i should have confronted her back, even if i don't end up with him (which i did not do now) would have still been satisfied that i stood up for myself. So i do not see anything wrong in confronting that babe, only, do it in a civilised way.

Your own case is different cos the gal attacked you first, so thats why you are regreting not attacking her back

@OP----I hate insecured and possesive women. She has no right to call any other woman prior to informing me cos thats disrespectful. But am not sure I would call off a 5yr old relationship just for that except the trend continues
Re: would you do likewise? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 02, 2011
Its either there's more to it than this narration or the guy's actually fed up of the relationship.
Re: would you do likewise? by Nobody: 12:14am On Sep 03, 2011
the guy is prolly playing shakara undecided
Re: would you do likewise? by tellwisdom: 12:18am On Sep 03, 2011
@ OP, that girl is a NAIJA BABE RIGHT??
Re: would you do likewise? by Nobody: 7:09am On Sep 03, 2011
iyatrustee:

Any LADY that has the audacity to stoop so low to this unquantifiable unreasonableness, is pitiably lopsided, emotionally immature, & quintessentially DUMB! Trust me, I know what i'm saying! wink
Re: would you do likewise? by Pweety4me(f): 7:14am On Sep 03, 2011
5years?if na child-hood tin den perhaps d gal tongue

5years?adult life?then my guy. . .
cheesy
Re: would you do likewise? by tellwisdom: 12:39pm On Sep 03, 2011
This sexykils get time oo cheesy cheesy, if i had little of your time you spend writing, i would be counting in billions grin grin
Re: would you do likewise? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 03, 2011
^hmnnnn, you sure abt dat? Well d lil time u also have posting, op uve made millions out of it
Re: would you do likewise? by MMM2(m): 1:09pm On Sep 03, 2011
iyatrustee
can i be ur 2nd husband

if u re true with ur husband > sad
Re: would you do likewise? by Sijo01(f): 1:30pm On Sep 03, 2011
if i was in her shoe, will gather enough evidence, then confront d guy instead of calling d babe.
Re: would you do likewise? by 195(f): 2:26pm On Sep 03, 2011
M M M:

iyatrustee
can i be your 2nd husband

if u re true with your husband > sad

[size=28pt]FALLS FROM TREE grin grin grin[/size]
Re: would you do likewise? by tellwisdom: 2:42pm On Sep 03, 2011
shocked shocked
^hmnnnn, you sure abt dat? Well d lil time u also have posting, op uve made millions out of it

Im counting in millions already madam, aiming billions cheesy *YaDig?*

(1) (Reply)

Is To Okay To Call An Ex To Wish Her A Happy Married Life. / 7 Reasons Why You Should Remain A Virgin Until Marriage / Is It Okay To Travel To Another State To Meet A Lover,someone U Met Online?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.