Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,225 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

I Didn't Insult OBJ, Blame The Media - IBB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn't Insult OBJ, Blame The Media - IBB (5661 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: What The Media Won’t Report / Kwakwanso’s Insult On Yoruba Elders Will Not Go Unanswered: femi Fani-kayode / Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn't Insult OBJ, Blame The Media - IBB by HighChief4(m): 6:24pm On Sep 02, 2011
[size=13pt]Media Pitched Me Against Obj –ibb[/size]

Former Military president General  Ibrahim Babangida is singing a different tune on his recent stand-off with former President  Olusegun Obasanjo. He blamed  the press for pitching the two of them against each other.

Babangida, in firing the first salvo  against Obasanjo, had dismissed as a  waste, the $16 billion earmarked for power projects between 1999 and 2007 by  the administration  of Obasanjo.

Obasanjo  immediately replied and called Babangida a fool while Babangida in a counter reaction described Obasanjo as a bigger fool.

The verbal war took   place last month during Babangida’s 70th birthday.

The stand-off incensed many Nigerians who called them names.

However, Babangida on Wednesday night  said what the press reported was not “what l meant”.

“That was not what l meant.  This (report) has made me to lose some of my friends. No thanks to you journalists”, he said after paying a Sallah visit, in the company of another Military Head of  State General  Abdulasalmi Abubakar to Acting Governor Ahmed Musa Ibeto of Niger  State in Minna.

He said Obasanjo was his boss and remained so even now.

He said the press  and not politicians, is overheating the polity,

Contributing to the interview, Abubakar advised the media to be mindful of their stories, urging them to avoid reports that can overheat the  polity. But when told that  politicians should be blamed for overheating  the polity, Babangida interjected, and said: “No, no you (journalists) are the ones overheating the polity; even recently you (Journalists) overheated me.”

Babangida said the way the press handled the stand-off was unimaginative and wasteful.

On his alleged plan  to remarry, Babangida said: “At 70, you are talking of wedding bells? Forget it”.

The former military leader told their host that their visit was in accordance with tradition as he and Abdulsalami always pay homage to the  governor during  Sallah celebration to wish him well and to offer advice to the government.

He said: “We are here to pay homage to the governor, as a tradition we have adopted and we hope to continue to do it as long as Allah spares our lives we will continue to come, to nudge and to encourage you to continue the good work you have been doing for the state.”

Responding the acting governor appreciated the two leaders for their visit and promised that the government will continue to rely on the wealth of experience of these leaders, saying, “ we are proud to have the two of you in this state and we will continue to depend on your goodwill and experience.”

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/27627-media-pitched-me-against-obj-ibb
Re: I Didn't Insult OBJ, Blame The Media - IBB by Beaf: 6:36pm On Sep 02, 2011
Is he a baby that the media can toss around on his 70th birthday? IBB just keeps coming out with stuff that is record breaking in its ridiculous content.
Re: I Didn't Insult OBJ, Blame The Media - IBB by Pukkah: 6:44pm On Sep 02, 2011
Mr Babangida is always entangling himself with his counter-claims, rebuttals, and double-speak. It's obvious that his old habit of saying something and meaning another thing will follow him to the grave.
Re: I Didn't Insult OBJ, Blame The Media - IBB by gregg2: 7:00pm On Sep 02, 2011
He's afraid of Baba Iyabo
Re: I Didn't Insult OBJ, Blame The Media - IBB by naijaking1: 7:08pm On Sep 02, 2011
"The devil made me do it" shocked shocked shocked
Re: I Didn't Insult OBJ, Blame The Media - IBB by eghost247(m): 8:31pm On Sep 02, 2011
lol maybe both of them should signup on twitter and twitt diss eachother lol
Re: I Didn't Insult OBJ, Blame The Media - IBB by umechuma: 8:34pm On Sep 02, 2011
What do u expect from a Northern fool,they always think,talk and behave like Cows>>>
Re: I Didn't Insult OBJ, Blame The Media - IBB by okpurukata(f): 8:37pm On Sep 02, 2011
The man is fund of taking off when the heat is on. He never expected Baba Iyabo's reaction. Remember how he stepped aside for Shonekan, dropped his ambition for Yar Adua, chickened out for Atiku. Long and short of it, IBB is just a coward. I wonder why Jonathan is not probing him for the $12Bn gulf wind fall.
Re: I Didn't Insult OBJ, Blame The Media - IBB by francisj(m): 8:43pm On Sep 02, 2011
that is a good way to get out of the fury of baba iyabo, afterall, they say' fight wen pass your power turn am to play-play',
IBB ,nawa for u o,
u b true maradona
I hope babaiyabo go 4give u o
Re: I Didn't Insult OBJ, Blame The Media - IBB by ddippset(m): 9:05pm On Sep 02, 2011
francisj:

that is a good way to get out of the fury of baba iyabo, afterall, they say' fight wen pass your power turn am to play-play',
IBB ,nawa for u o,
u b true maradona
I hope babaiyabo go 4give u o
LIKE.
Re: I Didn't Insult OBJ, Blame The Media - IBB by richardoz(m): 9:08pm On Sep 02, 2011
Maybe he didn't mean what he said.
Re: I Didn't Insult OBJ, Blame The Media - IBB by PasD(m): 9:18pm On Sep 02, 2011
I still wonder why we give attention to these men! Have they not enjoyed fame enough? Cease to notice them and I assure you they'll keep quiet
Re: I Didn't Insult OBJ, Blame The Media - IBB by Thatdave(m): 9:35pm On Sep 02, 2011
PasD:

I still wonder why we give attention to these men! Have they not enjoyed fame enough? Cease to notice them and I assure you they'll keep quiet
your point is 'unimaginative and wasteful'
Re: I Didn't Insult OBJ, Blame The Media - IBB by iterator: 10:13pm On Sep 02, 2011
Thatdave:

your point is 'unimaginative and wasteful'
And urs? Pathetic!!! Mschewwww
Re: I Didn't Insult OBJ, Blame The Media - IBB by VUVUZELA10: 10:22pm On Sep 02, 2011
As usual, journalists are now the scapegoat. What a shame and nonsensical talk.
Re: I Didn't Insult OBJ, Blame The Media - IBB by tonyzaks: 10:26pm On Sep 02, 2011
okpurukata:

The man is fund of taking off when the heat is on. He never expected Baba Iyabo's reaction. Remember how he stepped aside for Shonekan, dropped his ambition for Yar Adua, chickened out for Atiku. Long and short of it, IBB is just a coward. I wonder why Jonathan is not probing him for the $12Bn gulf wind fall.

+ the $16Bn of Baba Iyabo's nepa moni
Re: I Didn't Insult OBJ, Blame The Media - IBB by kaisy1980: 10:44pm On Sep 02, 2011
Hummmmmmmmmmmmmm,I am not comfortable with this cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool.

When a bad guy says I am SORRY undecided And it made head lines in newspapers shocked shocked shocked, 199''''' lipsrsealed then in University of lipsrsealed
Some of us that ducked are still grin cheesy wink wink wink today drinking coke wink wink wink .

ANYTHING FIT HAPPPPPPENIIIII, MY HAND NO DEY.
Re: I Didn't Insult OBJ, Blame The Media - IBB by Nobody: 11:15pm On Sep 02, 2011
Blood and tears of innocent Nigerian is upon maradona, that makes him to speak nonesense.
Re: I Didn't Insult OBJ, Blame The Media - IBB by Nobody: 11:19pm On Sep 02, 2011
okpurukata:

him no fit
Re: I Didn't Insult OBJ, Blame The Media - IBB by brixton: 12:11am On Sep 03, 2011
High_Chief:

Former Military president General  Ibrahim Babangida is singing a different tune on his recent stand-off with former President  Olusegun Obasanjo. He blamed  the press for pitching the two of them against each other.

Babangida, in firing the first salvo  against Obasanjo, had dismissed as a  waste, the $16 billion earmarked for power projects between 1999 and 2007 by  the administration  of Obasanjo.

Obasanjo  immediately replied and called Babangida a fool while Babangida in a counter reaction described Obasanjo as a bigger fool.

However, Babangida on Wednesday night  said what the press reported was not “what l meant”.

“That was not what l meant.  This (report) has made me to lose some of my friends. No thanks to you journalists”, he said after paying a Sallah visit, in the company of another Military Head of  State General  Abdulasalmi Abubakar to Acting Governor Ahmed Musa Ibeto of Niger  State in Minna.

Contributing to the interview, Abubakar advised the media to be mindful of their stories, urging them to avoid reports that can overheat the  polity. But when told that  politicians should be blamed for overheating  the polity, Babangida interjected, and said: “No, no you (journalists) are the ones overheating the polity; even recently you (Journalists) overheated me.”

Babangida said the way the press handled the stand-off was unimaginative and wasteful.

On his alleged plan  to remarry, Babangida said: “At 70, you are talking of wedding bells? Forget it”.

The former military leader told their host that their visit was in accordance with tradition as he and Abdulsalami always pay homage to the  governor during  Sallah celebration to wish him well and to offer advice to the government.

He said: “We are here to pay homage to the governor, as a tradition we have adopted and we hope to continue to do it as long as Allah spares our lives we will continue to come, to nudge and to encourage you to continue the good work you have been doing for the state.”

Responding the acting governor appreciated the two leaders for their visit and promised that the government will continue to rely on the wealth of experience of these leaders, saying, “ we are proud to have the two of you in this state and we will continue to depend on your goodwill and experience.”

The general don dey fear. Imagine boko haram dey fear OBJ even when he is not talking and friends leaving IBB to help baba in ota farm smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: I Didn't Insult OBJ, Blame The Media - IBB by Koikoi(m): 12:15am On Sep 03, 2011
The guy just remembered the race for 2015 that's all grin grin
Re: I Didn't Insult OBJ, Blame The Media - IBB by Emilo(m): 12:30am On Sep 03, 2011
How gan GEJ do that? Dont they know that these people put him there?

vc online:

him no fit
Re: I Didn't Insult OBJ, Blame The Media - IBB by mallorca(m): 1:10am On Sep 03, 2011
IBB God will surely Judge you,
Re: I Didn't Insult OBJ, Blame The Media - IBB by Rastamann: 1:56am On Sep 03, 2011
Why do you think that they call him (Babaginda) Maradona?
Re: I Didn't Insult OBJ, Blame The Media - IBB by BigB11(m): 2:16am On Sep 03, 2011
Hate him if it makes you sleep better, but IBB still remains the only entity that is indirectly carrying this country at this extremely difficult period. Jonathan will confirm this fact.
Re: I Didn't Insult OBJ, Blame The Media - IBB by okadaman2: 2:17am On Sep 03, 2011
Babangida is no genius or maradona, he's simply an Evil coward.

As usual the Coward shifts the blame. . .
Re: I Didn't Insult OBJ, Blame The Media - IBB by ajirebi20: 2:39am On Sep 03, 2011
Everyone whoever insulted OBJ is now asking for forgiveness

Jass or respect?

Something isnt right here.
Re: I Didn't Insult OBJ, Blame The Media - IBB by Nobody: 7:06am On Sep 03, 2011
ajirebi20:

Jass or respect?

am thinking d same. Maybe he, obj got some dirty files of his enemies. Obj, James Hadley chase hero!
Re: I Didn't Insult OBJ, Blame The Media - IBB by dabrake(m): 7:12am On Sep 03, 2011
High_Chief:

wonders will never end
Re: I Didn't Insult OBJ, Blame The Media - IBB by brixton: 11:11am On Sep 03, 2011
ajirebi20:

Jass or respect?

hate or love him,he is the real boss.You never mess with d boss!

Big B1:

Hate him if it makes you sleep better, but IBB still remains the only entity that is indirectly carrying this country at this extremely difficult period. Jonathan will confirm this fact.

In ur dreams, KMT
Re: I Didn't Insult OBJ, Blame The Media - IBB by MMM2(m): 11:27am On Sep 03, 2011
both of should go & die angry
Re: I Didn't Insult OBJ, Blame The Media - IBB by KnowAll(m): 11:33am On Sep 03, 2011
in the company of another Military Head of State General Abdulasalmi Abubakar to[b] Acting Governor Ahmed Musa Ibeto of Niger State in Minna.
[/b]

What happened to the Governor and his Deputy, why do they have an " acting Governor" undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Remanded For Stealing Aregbesola's Phone / Mr. President's Democracy Day Speech, The Emptiest In The Last 17 Years. / Fayemi Inaugurates Judicial Panel On Police Brutality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.