Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Addis Ababa Train Is Better Than Lagos Own—- Pdp South - South Forum - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Addis Ababa Train Is Better Than Lagos Own—- Pdp South - South Forum (3261 Views)

2023: PDP South East Presidential Aspirants Unite To Pick Consensus Candidate / Fayose: Why We Overlooked Over-Voting At PDP South West Congress / Kwara Result Sheets Mistakenly Taken To FCT, While Lagos Own Taken To Kwara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Addis Ababa Train Is Better Than Lagos Own—- Pdp South - South Forum by adekolaelect(m): 4:29pm On Jan 01, 2023
owobokiri:

You will have to pay for the monorail with your profits from Cocoa sales to make such statements! That's how it's done. You can not be collecting national allocations for Lagos and still be insisting to go ahead with your barefaced agbadorian heist!

It won't fly..
Mumu is talking as if Lagos is not giving much than what it was getting from FG as allocation. You never start crying .. much more of it is awaiting you unless you stop you hatred and bitterness attitude on whom God has blessed.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addis Ababa Train Is Better Than Lagos Own—- Pdp South - South Forum by omonnakoda: 4:34pm On Jan 01, 2023
adekolaelect:
Mumu is talking as if Lagos is not giving much than what it was getting from FG as allocation. You never start crying .. much more of it is awaiting you unless you stop you hatred and bitterness attitude on whom God has blessed.
https://www.nairaland.com/4144976/lagos-1898before-nigeria-not-oil
Re: Addis Ababa Train Is Better Than Lagos Own—- Pdp South - South Forum by searchng4love: 4:35pm On Jan 01, 2023
wisdom is far from your head

adefitim:
That's Tinubu Lagos

*Addis Ababa Light Rail Project*
Span: 34Km.
Cost: $475m
number of Stations: 39
Project Tenure: 2011 - 2015
Company: China Railway Group limited

*Lagos Light Rail project*
Span: 27km
Cost: $1.5Bn
number of Stations: 13
project Tenure: 2010 - 2023
Company: China Railway Group limited.

Amount per Km Addis Ababa - $14m

Amount per Km Lagos - $55m

The Addis Ababa isn't a Light Rail in quote, it can also transport heavy duty/earth moving equipments. Let's keep celebrating mediocrity.

Credit: Megababsblog

Lalasticlala
Mynd4

1 Like

Re: Addis Ababa Train Is Better Than Lagos Own—- Pdp South - South Forum by Chelseanababa(m): 4:36pm On Jan 01, 2023
owobokiri:

You will have to pay for the monorail with your profits from Cocoa sales to make such statements! That's how it's done. You can not be collecting national allocations for Lagos and still be insisting to go ahead with your barefaced agbadorian heist!

It won't fly..
The internal generated revenue of Lagos is more than that of the whole of south east so Lagos does not depend on Federal Goverment allocation. Go and drink snipper

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addis Ababa Train Is Better Than Lagos Own—- Pdp South - South Forum by iLoveYouToo(m): 4:42pm On Jan 01, 2023
seunmsg:

The Bangladesh �� metro is a “matter of pride for us”, PM. Sheikh Hasina

It cost of $2.8bn, largely funded by Japanese.
System length: 21.26 km (13.21 mi)(completed)

While..
Tinubu's Lagos - System length: 27km (22 mi) (planned) cost $1.5b

Bro no need, they thrive on these sinister unbalanced comparisons, they hate the Nigerian project and will never see anything good in it. We know the truth

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addis Ababa Train Is Better Than Lagos Own—- Pdp South - South Forum by owobokiri(m): 5:28pm On Jan 01, 2023
Chelseanababa:
The internal generated revenue of Lagos is more than that of the whole of south east so Lagos does not depend on Federal Goverment allocation. Go and drink snipper

How much of that is paid by destitute agbadorians like you and how much of the infastructure put in place to facilitate this huge tax returns was orchestrated by the drug lord at Bourdillion?

I'm waiting..

1 Like

Re: Addis Ababa Train Is Better Than Lagos Own—- Pdp South - South Forum by Buccalcavity2: 5:42pm On Jan 01, 2023
Anjuwanlo ko she wi lejo, ija ilara ko tan booro....
Just type average cost of LRT per km on google. It will cure your ignorance.NYC LRT was constructed at over a billion dollar per km. You heard that right! Does it mean they were corrupt too?
Olofo nbinu ologo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addis Ababa Train Is Better Than Lagos Own—- Pdp South - South Forum by Heffalump(m): 5:54pm On Jan 01, 2023
seunmsg:
We prefer the expensive monorail to Peter Obi’s abandoned monorail. We also prefer the expensive monorail to voting based on kerosene and a plate of eba.

That's called failure on arrival.
You'll not succeed!
The era of a new Nigeria won't tolerate this nonsense. I wish we had this consciousness long ago.
Re: Addis Ababa Train Is Better Than Lagos Own—- Pdp South - South Forum by qwertyboss(m): 6:07pm On Jan 01, 2023
adefitim:
That's Tinubu Lagos

The Addis Ababa isn't a Light Rail in quote, it can also transport heavy duty/earth moving equipments. Let's keep celebrating mediocrity.

Lalasticlala
Mynd4
Stop saying what you don't have statistical working knowledge on....
The bridges that pass across the water bodies alone are more expensive than the whole Addis Ababa project which is on plain dry ground

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addis Ababa Train Is Better Than Lagos Own—- Pdp South - South Forum by Misterone: 6:08pm On Jan 01, 2023
adefitim:
That's Tinubu Lagos

Lalasticlala
Mynd4
first of all, it is not logical to make this comparison. Lagos and Adiss Ababa are not the same. The cost of land in both areas are not the same. Land in lagos is more expensive, so compensation will be more. Also, the soil types are different, with that of Lagos being marshy due to a water terrain. Therefore the cost per km in Lagos will be more. The Lagos rail is being constructed by a state while that of Ethiopia is by a federal government. Payment for the project will cost more for that of Lagos as it will take a longer time to source the money. It's like trying to buy a car in 2015 and in 2022. Though the car is the same but it will cost differently with the 2015 being cheaper than the 2022. Two men bought land in 2010, both wanted to build the same house, one in a marshy land and the other on solid ground. One has the money to pay once while the other wanted to spread payment over a period of time. I ask will the price be the same?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Addis Ababa Train Is Better Than Lagos Own—- Pdp South - South Forum by Superwave16320: 6:22pm On Jan 01, 2023
The funny thing about you fool is that you talk so authoritatively like you decide for Nigerians yet same Nigerians have always voted against your foolishness.

Heffalump:

That's called failure on arrival.
You'll not succeed!
The era of a new Nigeria won't tolerate this nonsense. I wish we had this consciousness long ago.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Addis Ababa Train Is Better Than Lagos Own—- Pdp South - South Forum by Superwave16320: 6:23pm On Jan 01, 2023
No too worry yourself, the consciousness is building up among the Yorubas now unlike when I use to be the only one arguing against them. Very soon it will spill to the street then the igbos in Lagos will be force to either renounce the fools from Alaigbo or they will be ostracized back to Alaigbo with their chronic hate n irredeemable bigotry to meet their tribesmen.

kingmaster2009:
How I wish all. these foolish Yoruba people can deduce that Nyamiri people are not only fighting Tinubu and his political ambition...but they are fighting the entire Yoruba race on how to subdue them and encroach into their God-given inheritance

Obi is just the vehicle they intend to use to achieve this purpose...

I can stand and see what Obi will do if he becomes the president of this country...

Yoruba wake up, what is the business between what Sanwoolu rail project with Tinubu's political ambition...i wish an average person will see that these people hate all seeing your sons and daughters achieve greater height.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Addis Ababa Train Is Better Than Lagos Own—- Pdp South - South Forum by Otunbakayce: 6:29pm On Jan 01, 2023
seunmsg:

The Bangladesh monorail was opened just a few days ago. The first phase of 21.2km was completed after about a decade of construction at a cost of $2.8billion. The project is being celebrated in Bangladesh as reported by AL Jazeera.

Lagos is not a country like Bangladesh. Lagos constructed a 27km monorail crossing the sea and paying compensation for structures removed to get the right of way at a cost of $1.5billion. Yet, Owobokiri from Anambra is saying we should not celebrate what Lagos has achieved with the monorail because it is mediocre. He’s even threatening Lagosians that they will pay for the train with cocoa earnings.

So tell us, what exactly are the landmark infrastructural projects in Anambra that are better and not mediocre like the Lagos monorail? Where is the Onitsha monorail that was initiated over a decade ago by Peter Obi?
So lagoon is sea? Please keep fooling yourself not everyone is a foolish slave.

1 Like

Re: Addis Ababa Train Is Better Than Lagos Own—- Pdp South - South Forum by seunmsg(m): 6:38pm On Jan 01, 2023
Otunbakayce:
So lagoon is sea? Please keep fooling yourself not everyone is a foolish slave.

No vex. Now, can you address the actual issues i raised about the higher cost of a lesser km of monorail in Bangladesh compared to Lagos?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addis Ababa Train Is Better Than Lagos Own—- Pdp South - South Forum by omonnakoda: 6:45pm On Jan 01, 2023
seunmsg:

No vex. Now, can you address the actual issues i raised about the higher cost of a lesser km of monorail in Bangladesh compared to Lagos?
no need engaging in argument on figures that have no source
https://www.channelstv.com/2021/04/18/rail-project-costs-over-%E2%82%A6100bn-sanwo-olu/
Re: Addis Ababa Train Is Better Than Lagos Own—- Pdp South - South Forum by Heffalump(m): 6:51pm On Jan 01, 2023
Superwave16320:
The funny thing about you fool is that you talk so authoritatively like you decide for Nigerians yet same Nigerians have always voted against your foolishness.

I don't intend to insult on the 1st of January. I'll spare you and overcome this satanic temptation.

My joy is that there won't be place for wicked souls like you in 2023. Goan hang yourself. Èmi lokan my foot.
Education without good conscience is demonic. Your Tinubu will not smell 2nd position. Write today's date down by marking it in your diary. Nonsense!
Re: Addis Ababa Train Is Better Than Lagos Own—- Pdp South - South Forum by Oladelepsy001(m): 7:04pm On Jan 01, 2023
It's far preferable for them to inflate the price of the project and get it done rather than the second Niger bridge that only existed on pages of newspapers with billions squandered all through the years PDP spent in power.... However, monorail was never supposed to be a new thing in Nigeria if people like Peter Obi and Rotimi Ameachi under PDP as governors, had done the needful by bringing into reality the project they initiated..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Addis Ababa Train Is Better Than Lagos Own—- Pdp South - South Forum by Otunbakayce: 7:11pm On Jan 01, 2023
seunmsg:

Lagos mass rail is way too inflated and shouldn't cost that much.
Now talking about Bangladesh, its actually a that expensive because its transiting through the urban and business districts. I.e its passing through a heavily built up areas that requires bridge at almost 97% of the total railway length.
Lagos own is just about less than 10% areas that required bridges I.e from marina to national theater and a lesser part of orile. So it shouldn't cost that much.
Re: Addis Ababa Train Is Better Than Lagos Own—- Pdp South - South Forum by delpee(f): 7:21pm On Jan 01, 2023
Do we have the same terrain? Crossing the lagoon would have cost a lot for instance.

Corruption is another matter entirely.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addis Ababa Train Is Better Than Lagos Own—- Pdp South - South Forum by omonnakoda: 7:22pm On Jan 01, 2023
Otunbakayce:
Now talking about Bangladesh, its actually a that expensive because its transiting through the urban and business districts. I.e its passing through a heavily built up areas that requires bridge at almost 97% of the total railway length.
Lagos own is just about less than 10% areas that required bridges I.e from marina to national theater and a lesser part of orile. So it shouldn't cost that much.
How much did it cost?

1 Like

Re: Addis Ababa Train Is Better Than Lagos Own—- Pdp South - South Forum by mu2sa2: 7:27pm On Jan 01, 2023
3ple9iner:
Does the Addis Ababa rail track involve sea crossing? is it running on electricity or is it a locomotive train? are the design of the stations identical?
You should also tell us if the Ethiopian government payed compensation or not.
You don't need to argue with somebody who has exposed himself as a mumu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Addis Ababa Train Is Better Than Lagos Own—- Pdp South - South Forum by Christistruth00: 7:47pm On Jan 01, 2023
:oq
Re: Addis Ababa Train Is Better Than Lagos Own—- Pdp South - South Forum by KnowAll(m): 8:25pm On Jan 01, 2023
adefitim:
That's Tinubu Lagos

Lalasticlala
Mynd4

After 10 years of completion. Of course d costings cannot be d same. Taking COVID 19 & Ukrain war into d equation.

2 Likes

Re: Addis Ababa Train Is Better Than Lagos Own—- Pdp South - South Forum by arcis: 8:30pm On Jan 01, 2023
qwertyboss:

Stop saying what you don't have statistical working knowledge on....
The bridges that pass across the water bodies alone are more expensive than the whole Addis Ababa project which is on plain dry ground

Op is delusional...They have no facts. His out to discredit anything good coming from LAGOS. BUT they will all fail. Op, your cry hasn't started. You are free to jump into the Lagoon. We wouldn't miss u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Addis Ababa Train Is Better Than Lagos Own—- Pdp South - South Forum by arcis: 8:34pm On Jan 01, 2023
Otunbakayce:

See how ignorant you are...what's the KM from Marina to National theater? are you guy sick or something. You guys just come here and type rubbish. pls do not say what you don't know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Addis Ababa Train Is Better Than Lagos Own—- Pdp South - South Forum by LILTJAY: 9:43pm On Jan 01, 2023
igbos are cursed with foolishness grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Addis Ababa Train Is Better Than Lagos Own—- Pdp South - South Forum by omonnakoda: 9:44pm On Jan 01, 2023
Re: Addis Ababa Train Is Better Than Lagos Own—- Pdp South - South Forum by Friend22(m): 9:52pm On Jan 01, 2023
sapele914:
Wrapper tying ogogoro people, Which one una done do for South South from Edo to Bayelsa?

Please,help me ask am ooo..My people for south south that has nothing impactful to show for over the past 20 years are here lambasting Lagos.
Even with more allocations and less population compared to Kano and Kaduna no state in the whole south south apart from Rivers state and maybe Akwa Ibom can boast of any level of development for the past five years.

Is it Bayelsa,Delta or even Edo?

My governor Obaseki (my peiple will say Obasacam) was busy commissioning 3 km of streetlights. Streetlights?!!! When others are carrying out mega projects in their respective states and my people despite collecting seventy something billion naira as 13% derivation owed to it by federal government yet, one over sabi is not ashamed of his place insulting Lagos that perhaps some of his relatives are being grateful working there.

South south people should cover their heads in shame condemning Lagos because most of their governors have nothing reasonable to show so far apart from Rivers an Akwa Ibom.

Even I as a southerner I can't but say :we no dey try!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Addis Ababa Train Is Better Than Lagos Own—- Pdp South - South Forum by Roboto11: 10:06pm On Jan 01, 2023
I'm not sure it is all igbos that reason like these morons that we find on Nairaland.
Re: Addis Ababa Train Is Better Than Lagos Own—- Pdp South - South Forum by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 01, 2023
adefitim:
That's Tinubu Lagos

Lalasticlala
Mynd4

Chai! Dubious agbado people
Re: Addis Ababa Train Is Better Than Lagos Own—- Pdp South - South Forum by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jan 01, 2023
Roboto11:
I'm not sure it is all igbos that reason like these morons that we find on Nairaland.

Only agbado people are morons na. Awon aje agbado gbigbe grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Soludo’s Letter. He Predicted Obi's Loss And Damage To Igbo People. / Northern Nigeria As An Appendage Of The South / Come And See African Madness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.